Closed Thread
    mikem25678 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Myo Pericarditis

Last week I was admitted to the hospital (had chest pains and was getting over the flu) and was diagnosed with Myo Pericarditis which is an inflammation of the pericardium (which is the sack that surrounds the heart muscle) and they said I had at least minor inflammation of the heart muscle as well. Has anyone had these symptoms on here? I'm advised not to lift for at least a month and to get back into things slowly, anyone know how much and how I should eat to preserve muscle ?

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mikem25678 View Post
    Last week I was admitted to the hospital (had chest pains and was getting over the flu) and was diagnosed with Myo Pericarditis which is an inflammation of the pericardium (which is the sack that surrounds the heart muscle) and they said I had at least minor inflammation of the heart muscle as well. Has anyone had these symptoms on here? I'm advised not to lift for at least a month and to get back into things slowly, anyone know how much and how I should eat to preserve muscle ?
    It's best to take things like this up with your doctor or a medical professional.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Myopericarditis is no fun but with many viruses you can make a full recovery with no lasting heart damage. Definitely follow the advice you are given, a concern would be that if you exercise you will force your heart to pump faster and harder which could damage it further.

That said, you can follow standard injury advice for nutrition as long as your physicians did not tell you differently, which is to eat at maintenance.

If you are willing to say, were you tested for flu and if so which strain did you have if you know? Also, were you vaccinated? Flu is running rampant in the US (I saw 3 cases yesterday morning alone and it has now reached epidemic levels), but I have not heard much myopericarditis from it.

CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe see a doctor and get bloods to check for cardiac enzymes and CRP before doing anything that will put strain on your heart. Follow Dr.'s advice.

It's weird if they didn't find a cause, in the sense that they didn't isolate the strain of the virus.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CaffeineYAY View Post
    Maybe see a doctor and get bloods to check for cardiac enzymes and CRP before doing anything that will put strain on your heart. Follow Dr.'s advice.

It's weird if they didn't find a cause, in the sense that they didn't isolate the strain of the virus.
    He said in the first sentence he was hospitalized and diagnosed with myopericarditis. That means he has seen a doctor.

If he was diagnosed formally with the flu that would be the virus that could have triggered this.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by mikem25678 View Post

Have this conversation with your Cardiologist.

Good luck.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733