Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    nobody could keep us out the damn kitchen
    that's what she said
    I'M ON A MISSION. OPERATION: 2013 PRO CARD. JOIN ME FOR THE RIDE ;) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139931113

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Wait till you see what I just sent you in the mail Chef Bob delivered the goods!

Gym looks dope, Tire Flips are a must for HIIT Cardio, get after that.
    Pics are on point man, you are looking better and better in the reverse. Just out of curiosity what do you find better from switching to 3DMJ from working with Jason? Anything you feel you could share or have found to be working more in your favor as far as diet/training goes?

Great work as always Matt. How did the Scivation Demo go the other day?

Find me a teaching Job at the new place, and ill move down. Would not be a bad training partner would i? Be a good time, but nobody could keep us out the damn kitchen haha
    Taking nothing away from Jason because he did an excellent job with me from many different avenues but I just honestely feel like everyone has a perfect with a coach and I did not feel that with Jason. From day 1 with 3D and berto I felt that, I have to thank the bodybuilding.com forums and all of the guys working with 3D for that and leading me to find 3dmj. From my first conversation with berto (he called the day after I contacted them) I just felt a connection deeper than bodybuilding and prep. We seemed to connect really well over time and that has continued up until today. Another important factor for me is the quality factor not just quantity of responses. Berto goes above and beyond in his responses to you and creates a learning atmosphere which I really respect. When you get a response from him it goes far beyond just what you ask and he often at least for me being that he knows that I enjoy learning why and not being just told what to do he will post links for me of research so that I can further learn on my own.

Another key for me with 3d is how this reverse has been run, more so than any other coach I have seen he preaches balance to me and is having to tell me to relax and give positive afirmation due to how I viewed things in the past some healthy some aspects not so healthy. Encourages eating out with Jordan and family rather than telling me to pack my food which to me is another huge thing that I am still learning to adapt to. Another Key that I think will really benifit me is that we have structured high days which I really think are going to set me up for long term success rather than failure. You are given numbers high enough on that day where if wanted you could have the freedom to eat out every meal if you wanted but still with the mindset of having to stick within your guidlines. This too at least for me goes along with the lifestyle motto that I am trying to achieve, in the past I was given one cheat meal which after a week of the same diet it often turned into eat as much as you possibly can in one sitting which I believe turned into some un wanted weight gain over time. This was not a coached behavior but something that I think i developed a bad habit over time just because it was like a "one meal make the most of it mentality that I developed."

I also have been so impressed by how Jeff takes the the time with you to make you a complete bodybuilder from a presentation standpoint, a show is so much more than just the training and diet and they make sure you are complete head to toe in every aspect. They control and help you so that you are knowledgable for yourself from every aspect (nutrition, training and presentation) Lastly the 3D fam was just something that I wanted to be apart of in an intimate way (no homo haha) but more so than just interaction on the forums, the support and encouragement is second to none and I feel that if I were out in California like some of the athletes out that way I would feel even stronger about my feelings in that reguard.
    Originally Posted by andyboi View Post
    Your gym looks sensational! Everything is just so spaced out. My gym is so cluttered! Sucks ass.

You still look phenomenal bro. Absolutely phenomenal. Those quads are just mind blowing, big and shredded beyond belief.

Keep smashin' it, I come here for straight out motivation
    Wow man I am honored that you say that, you all are such a source of motivation for me and to know that I am doing the same really means a lot. I am so excited about the new gym, I have trained in smaller gyms that were not very well equiped since day one with the occasional guest pass training session at a quality gym but walking in to the new gym every day will definitely be something that I wont take for granted!
    Originally Posted by CHRIS925 View Post
    that's what she said
    Naked anabolic cheifs waitwut?
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Damn son, new gym is impressive. Almost as impressive as the pics of you (no homo). Good sh!t up in herrrr.
    Haha maybe a little homo lol. Thanks dude! Gives me added motivation and the itch on a daily basis cant complain about that!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Dead lift focus W2W2

Weight yesterday and today: 154.2

Deads
    225x3
    255x3
    280x6 (This is what I tested out as my rep max to start the program the last week of Nov and only got it for 3, if knee was 100% this would be a breeze, i am getting stronger and healing I am ok with slow progression for now while continuing to heal rather than risk injury)

190x10 (5 sets) 90 sec rest

Front squats
    155x6 (3 sets)

Hack squats
    3ppsx8 (2 sets)

Pull Throughs (Life fitness stack)
    3x10

Occluded leg press
    5ppsx20/15/15/7 SMOKED

Standing Calf raise machine + Steep decline crunches
    3 sets
    *gym has a sick calf raise machine, working on tempo with these as well from an article I found on body comp. Explosive concentric + pause + 4 sec eccentric + 2 sec stretch at bottom. I think to myself train calves like a sprinter on that eccentric fast and explosive and then pay for it the rest of the set hopefully it will pay off!

Here is the article in case anyone is interested: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...he-calves.html
    Nutrition:
    67/400/210
    Last edited by mattjansen; 12-20-2011 at 05:42 AM.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am jealous of that gym bro, I was in Lexington for a Christmas party on the 5th and if I knew that was in the area I would have checked it out. How long are you planning on doing your offseason this time bro? I told myself I would step on stage in 2 years, so actually I took offseason for 2.5 years and will be 3 years when I step on stage, it is crazy but it actually flew by. After hitting so many routines and few injuries, it really was needed for me. I actually was considering taking another full year off, but I love competing and thats what I want to do.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    I am jealous of that gym bro, I was in Lexington for a Christmas party on the 5th and if I knew that was in the area I would have checked it out. How long are you planning on doing your offseason this time bro? I told myself I would step on stage in 2 years, so actually I took offseason for 2.5 years and will be 3 years when I step on stage, it is crazy but it actually flew by. After hitting so many routines and few injuries, it really was needed for me. I actually was considering taking another full year off, but I love competing and thats what I want to do.
    Yeah man the gym is great, the best thing for me is that its open access to all urban actives, being that they are gyms that choose equipment based off of preference I have different options for different body parts based on what I am training which I think is pretty sweet. The one closest to my girls place is best for legs but there is one 5 min down the road that has some different back and hammer equimpment I will be using as well so I like the set up!

Off season length I am still un decided on. Berto said something to me that really stood out the other day, in that he said to let him worry about me so that I can spend my time focusing on other endevours and blessings. That meant the world to me, I know at least a year +. I want to build a physique that will not continue to get over looked. I have been told at every show that my conditioning blew everyone away but in the NPC that also did not seem to be very highly valued by the judges. So to my that means I need to get bigger without loosing what got me there in the first place and I know that will take time. I also will not be competing in the NPC anymore unless its just a local show for fun.

For those of you that didnt know, when i first started to bodybuild all I knew of was the NPC and I also knew that I wanted to stay natural so I viewed the Team U as the superbowl of Natty BB ever since high school. Since then I have found a girl that I want to spend the rest of my life with and have really wanted to propose to here in New York. She is by far my biggest supporter and blows me away at every show by just how selfless she is in being that I am taken care of from food to tan and everything in between so I thougt it would be really cool to qualify for Team U, compete then propose to her in NY the following day with all of our friends and family around. So that is why I spend the last two + years chasing that dream of qualifying for Team U so that in the coming year I could achieve a bigger dream of mine in the proposal coming togeter as planned. Well there obviously is a reason why that did not happen so no biggie but for anyone wondering that is why I competed in so my NPC shows, I was kinda putting all of my eggs in one basket for the season in order to achieve a bigger goal of mine, one that is bigger and more important that bodybuilding. Sorry for rambling on but I just thought I would share!

I am a competitior so staying away from the stage in the past would have been a stuggle for more than a year but as long as the rehab of me knee continues to improve I think my new found love of PL comps will help keep me focused on performance and improving without having to compete.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

DB Press Wave 2 Week 2

I was inspired by my coach alberto to really focus on 3 sec holds on all back movements. I have really tried to refine my back and training and all my training in general trying to be intentional in every rep so I thought this would further improve that! WOW...actually physically counting out every rep makes the world of difference, I thought I was holding good contractions before but this was something else. Back and Bi's were smoked before I even did a direct bicep movement.

Weight: 155.2 last two days

DB Press:
    80x3
    90x3
    95x4

WG pull ups *3 sec hold
    5x5 SMOKED

DB press:
    3x10 @ 65 90 sec rest

Incline press
    2x8 @ 65 stopping 2-3 short of failure. 90 sec rest

Seated BB press
    100x10 (2 sets)
    100x9
    pausing at chest

Seated Hammer Neutral grip row: 3 sec holds
    2pps + 10 x 6
    2pps x 8 (2 sets)

TUT lateral raise: 10's x 1:30 seconds

Biceps 4 sets of 10-15 3 sec holds

Tricep
    -cable ext 2 sets
    -BW dips x 15 2 sets

Nutrition: 70/400/210
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great writeups on why you love 3DMJ and why you did so many NPC shows! Any new engagement ideas?
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Strength is on the rise!

I adjusted my training max still on the safe side but ended up adding 90 lbs to it for the hack squat at the new gym. Still with the increased poundage my legs are responding really well, I would say the best out of the big 3 + presses up to this point!

Weight: 154.4

Squats: Week2 wave 2
    280x3
    320x3
    360x12

5x10 @ 245 - 90 sec rest narrowed stance a bit too.

GM's
    135x15 focused on speed out of the bottom

Lying leg curl: 3 sec hold @ contraction
    8 (2 sets)
    15 1 set

SL leg press:
    2pps + 25 x 15
    3pps + 5 x 10

TUT calves: 1 set 1:30 of pain

Nutrition: 70/400/210 on a big fruit kick right now eating my weight in blueberries, pumpkin, apples and bananas!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pumpkin sounds good. You actually just caused me to want pumpkin pie with some ice cream lol. Any good lifters you have seen at the new gym?
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    360x12
    I almost had a heart attack.

About the fruit kick... idk if you're into pears at all but dayum son! When they're ripe they're one of my favS~!
    I'M ON A MISSION. OPERATION: 2013 PRO CARD. JOIN ME FOR THE RIDE ;) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139931113

andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Matt, finally was able to read the calf exercise article....very well written and thanks for posting it up! some good knowledge there! definitely going to incorporate that routine into my workouts. As a former x-country runner it was a good read as I am somewhat partial to lower body development (although I do believe in good symmetry and all).

Merry Christmas buddy!

Yeah man the gym is great, the best thing for me is that its open access to all urban actives, being that they are gyms that choose equipment based off of preference I have different options for different body parts based on what I am training which I think is pretty sweet. The one closest to my girls place is best for legs but there is one 5 min down the road that has some different back and hammer equimpment I will be using as well so I like the set up!

Off season length I am still un decided on. Berto said something to me that really stood out the other day, in that he said to let him worry about me so that I can spend my time focusing on other endevours and blessings. That meant the world to me, I know at least a year +. I want to build a physique that will not continue to get over looked. I have been told at every show that my conditioning blew everyone away but in the NPC that also did not seem to be very highly valued by the judges. So to my that means I need to get bigger without loosing what got me there in the first place and I know that will take time. I also will not be competing in the NPC anymore unless its just a local show for fun.

For those of you that didnt know, when i first started to bodybuild all I knew of was the NPC and I also knew that I wanted to stay natural so I viewed the Team U as the superbowl of Natty BB ever since high school. Since then I have found a girl that I want to spend the rest of my life with and have really wanted to propose to here in New York. She is by far my biggest supporter and blows me away at every show by just how selfless she is in being that I am taken care of from food to tan and everything in between so I thougt it would be really cool to qualify for Team U, compete then propose to her in NY the following day with all of our friends and family around. So that is why I spend the last two + years chasing that dream of qualifying for Team U so that in the coming year I could achieve a bigger dream of mine in the proposal coming togeter as planned. Well there obviously is a reason why that did not happen so no biggie but for anyone wondering that is why I competed in so my NPC shows, I was kinda putting all of my eggs in one basket for the season in order to achieve a bigger goal of mine, one that is bigger and more important that bodybuilding. Sorry for rambling on but I just thought I would share!

I am a competitior so staying away from the stage in the past would have been a stuggle for more than a year but as long as the rehab of me knee continues to improve I think my new found love of PL comps will help keep me focused on performance and improving without having to compete.
    I missed this post. It was very imformative and has a lot of meaning overall. It is good that you actually got on npc stages, and maybe make you work a good bit harder to acheive, even if it isnt size of a gear user, a little better results. Just keep pushing, but maybe you dont have to step on stage at a team universe showing to propose to her bro! Just like Berto said, keep doing your things and let him focus on what he wants you to do. A coach you can adapt with is worth a lot, especially long term. A lot dont realize offseason is where the mind really goes to the gutter, atleast long term.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

5/3/1 week!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I had a great day with the family and Jordan, relaxed all day ate and just enjoyed the time together! I am actually updating on the new lap top I got from my parents which was a nice blessing being that mine bit the dust.

On the reversing front I am feeling great and feel that I am just continuing to become more and more normal. Sleep is improving a lot I have slept past 6:45 the past two mornings and have been able to take an actual nap the last two weeks, two things that were un heard of since mid summer. I realy fell that it is partailly my fault, during prep my mind just never stops and because of this my sleep suffers and the times that I truely relaxed were few and far between. Getting back to that has been great and what do ya know my performance in the gym continues to get better with minimal weight gain...if only I could actually listen and figure these things out fully during prep lol. I am work in progress good thing is I think i am headed in the right direction learing from mistakes and improving on them. I think we all are in that boat though!

Weight: 154.4 following yesterdays high day which i hit 60/330/150 on fitday + Christmas dinner/dessert and snacking throughout the day

Here is a shot from yesterday...Christmas day dietary sugar for the win haha.

Todays Dead session
    235x5
    265x3
    295x7

205x10 (5 sets 90 sec rest)

Front squats
    155x8 (5 sets)

Pull Throughs:
    160x10 (2 sets)
    140x15

Occluded Leg press
    5ppsx15 (3 sets)

Abs 3x10
    calves 4x6

Hiit: 10 intervals

Nutriton: 70/400/210
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Really trying to hammer my chest/delts and arms. I feel like the refining in my training a bit and really focusing on getting the most out of every rep through speed on concentric and holds ect I might be on to something!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

New ways to overload that muscle can't go wrong brA! Lookin' straight j00cy cuzz

andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000) andyboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking real full and still lean and vascular as phuk. NOICE!
    - <30 weeks out with 3DMJ & -Berto- to the 2014 Victorian INBA Victorian Titles.

- Also, join my log on ********: http://www.********.com/AndysNaturalJourney

devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'm definitely going to have to remember those holds on the back movements, especially since i haven't been doing much direct back work lately. it's too bad we never got one in together while you were living down here.
    on the proposal, that would have been great to do it after your show, but there are plenty of other things you could do too. i proposed on a cruise on my birthday to my fiance. that to us was amazing, plus i'll never forget the date
    she actually thought i would do it at our powerlifting meet last year, which had crossed my mind, but i thought she wouldn't care for it much being that she wouldn't have had makeup on and whatnot for the pictures immediately after. she said she would have loved it, but oh well. you can always go to new york for something else that would be a great time. maybe a pl meet?
    CAN and WILL
    100% Natural Bodybuilding
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM
    www.biolayne.com

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I feel you on the sleep front bro. No troubles falling asleep, but my mind is just racing all the time so I'm thinking about crap right up until I doze off and then wake up after like 5hrs totally energized with my mind racing again lol Would kill to be able to sleep like I used to, but oh well, less sleep = more life I guess

Reverse is looking great too mate, how much over your stage weight are you now?

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Berto seems to have started a trend with the 3 second holds on the back stuff. I know I did it last workout too!
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000)
    I adjusted my training max still on the safe side but ended up adding 90 lbs to it for the hack squat at the new gym. Still with the increased poundage my legs are responding really well, I would say the best out of the big 3 + presses up to this point!

Weight: 154.4

Squats: Week2 wave 2
    280x3
    320x3
    360x12

5x10 @ 245 - 90 sec rest narrowed stance a bit too.

GM's
    135x15 focused on speed out of the bottom

Lying leg curl: 3 sec hold @ contraction
    8 (2 sets)
    15 1 set

SL leg press:
    2pps + 25 x 15
    3pps + 5 x 10

TUT calves: 1 set 1:30 of pain

Nutrition: 70/400/210 on a big fruit kick right now eating my weight in blueberries, pumpkin, apples and bananas!
    360x12??? Bro ur a beast, not to mention weight 154 and doing it...and coming off an injury?! Truly inspirational.

Loving the fruit dude, lately I have been doing the same, mandarin oranges is where its at!

And dude I am really enjoying the in depth write ups. You are going places brotha keep it up! Opening up about Team Universe is awesome, and I cant wait to here about the engagement! Even though I havent met her, hearing the way you talk about her I know you guys are perfect for eachother!
    IFPA Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    Team Scivation
    Team 3DMJ
    IG @Daddyfatceps

Wanted to share this for those of you using 5/3/1. I found it informative and helpful also gives you ideas on how to approach different things that might come up! Enjoy http://articles.elitefts.com/article...531-questions/
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andimoff80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    matt, frick buddy! can't believe how shredded you are at this stage of the off season! way to go!

what is this about sleep? thought you were a fricken robot monster buddy! lol....that being said, didn't know you were having sleeping issues.

hope you had an awesome Christmas buddy!

Originally Posted by CHRIS925 View Post
    New ways to overload that muscle can't go wrong brA! Lookin' straight j00cy cuzz
    Thanks brotha! Loving the holds and speed work I am implimenting, its all about doing what others wont ya know...speaking of which I am proud of what you have done to set yourself apart for your return to the stage. Your new approach to training and intensity is going to show big time buddy!
    Originally Posted by andyboi View Post
    Looking real full and still lean and vascular as phuk. NOICE!
    Thanks bro, just doing what I am told and enjoying it! I dont mind being at this weight being that I feel less and less like I am anywhere near a contest prep every day
    Originally Posted by devinh View Post
    i'm definitely going to have to remember those holds on the back movements, especially since i haven't been doing much direct back work lately. it's too bad we never got one in together while you were living down here.
    on the proposal, that would have been great to do it after your show, but there are plenty of other things you could do too. i proposed on a cruise on my birthday to my fiance. that to us was amazing, plus i'll never forget the date
    she actually thought i would do it at our powerlifting meet last year, which had crossed my mind, but i thought she wouldn't care for it much being that she wouldn't have had makeup on and whatnot for the pictures immediately after. she said she would have loved it, but oh well. you can always go to new york for something else that would be a great time. maybe a pl meet?
    Man Ill still be around from time to time actually I have been in town since the 23 and would love to catch a workout with you sometime. Maybe we can plan it for the spring? I have some other proposal ideas, im not letting NY out of my head, its one of my favorite places to be especially this time of year and I think I have figured out a way to get both families up there without her knowing. My family is originally from there so that wont be hard so ill keep you guys updated.

I know some of you who check in could probably care less, but I consider you guys my brothers and I think there is a lot more to life than just weight gains/losses and PR's so I want to share some of that as well
    Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    I feel you on the sleep front bro. No troubles falling asleep, but my mind is just racing all the time so I'm thinking about crap right up until I doze off and then wake up after like 5hrs totally energized with my mind racing again lol Would kill to be able to sleep like I used to, but oh well, less sleep = more life I guess

Reverse is looking great too mate, how much over your stage weight are you now?
    Yeah man its a blessing and a curse, starting next week I will be having to get up at 4am for my internship so in hindsight its a good thing that I am already aclimated to that, I have been making sure for a while now that I still get 7 hours of sleep just from knowing my body and that I function well in and out of the gym off of that amount so for me that just means knowing to go to bed early enough to make that happen.

I am still under stage weight as of now, been fluctuating btwn 152-153 this week and I weighed in 154-155.6 this prep season. I am just trying to keep up with you bro! Side Tri you posted was just straight nasty!
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Berto seems to have started a trend with the 3 second holds on the back stuff. I know I did it last workout too!
    Man I am loving it too! Yesterday i did dead stop t bars with the holds, talk about taxing. My hammies were front from that as well!
    Originally Posted by andimoff80 View Post
    matt, frick buddy! can't believe how shredded you are at this stage of the off season! way to go!

what is this about sleep? thought you were a fricken robot monster buddy! lol....that being said, didn't know you were having sleeping issues.

hope you had an awesome Christmas buddy!
    You too man! Yeah they have been going on for a while! I dont know if its an issue because my sleep is great in the fact that I can fall asleep and stay asleep for 7 hours minus running to the bathroom twice a night...yeah I drink a lot but its just that once I hit that 7 hour mark I cant sleep anymore so if I go to bed around 11 I am wide awake by 6:30 which stinks at times but like I told kyle more like a blessing with the internship coming up. Waking up early creates less lazyness
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Someone is on to something in here. HOlding stage weight, nearly doubling your macros, and getting in the groove with training

Doing it Right!
    Loving your Pancake recipe, Absolutely cannot get enough of them.

Bench day from yesterday

Weight: 152.6

Got a macro bump of 25g of carbs yesterday woohoo. More fruit and Hot chocolate for me haha. I am a big fan of the NBA there are only a few teams that bore me to tears but overall I can sit down with some hot chocolate (cold stone box mix is bomb) and enjoy a night of basketball especially NBA hoops. This week has been my last week at "home" so I have been enjoying the time with my family before I head off to Kentucky and I have a feeling with my girlfriend already being settled in with a perminant job up there it might be my last move out. I have really been enjoying the time and relaxing with them as much as possible. Last night we went and saw shirlock holmes GREAT movie!

Training wise still having a blast with Wendlers and challenging myself daily in the gym. Going to talk to berto about a deload I really am feeling great and after a long prep of basically coasting in the gym the last six weeks I dont feel its really needed but I also know that they are needed and need to do whats best for the long term. So I might run one more round than deload.

DB Bench:
    85x5
    95x3
    105x3 (Slipped a little on the second rep but 1 and 3 were solid!)

Superset with wg pulls 6x5 3 sec hold at the top

DB bench:
    70's x 10, 9. 65 x 10 all @ 90 sec rest

Incline Bench:
    65's x 8 (2 sets)

RG pulldowns
    130x10
    145x8,7
    115x12

Seated Military Press:
    105x10 (3 sets) I adjusted my form on this and am using a lot more of a power style pressing motion and its paying off and blasting my delts

T bar dead stop rows off floor
    3pps + 10 + 3 x 8 (3 sets)
    3 sec holds. These alsolutely destroyed me and were so taxing but I loved them. Had a buddy counting the hold to make sure I wasnt cheating either loved it!

TUT lateral raise
    10's x 1:30 sec

DB curls (3 sec hold)
    30's x 15,12,12

Seated French press
    70x15 (3 sets)

Nutrition: 70/425/210
    Ate a jar of PB in a week and a half the same jar that was taking me 5-6 months during prep. Feels real good
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Catching up over the New Year weekend!

Great last few days with my family in Georgia before making the final move to Kentucky. Finished up the week of 1's last week strong and was able to catch a workout with my buddy on here David Kenny, dude is a straight beast! New Years eve was spent with my family, we had a great night being that it was my last night in town we went to my favorite resturaunt in ATL called chow baby which is basically a little more upscale version of a mongolian grill. Throughouly enjoyed it and we capped it off with Coldstone...speaking of which if you guys go on their website you can sign up for the club and get a buy1 get1 coupon and free bday coupons! After that we took my little brother to Dave and Busters since he had never been and then headed home to watch the ball drop. I made my some what of a tradition nachos and pretzel dessert (pretzel, hershey kiss and M&M melted in the oven FTW) and just enjoyed some good family time before I left on sunday.

On the front I am rolling right into another 3 weeks of 5/3/1 with no deload. After descussing with Berto with the progress I am making and fullness that is coming we are rolling with it like as he says soon enough its going to go back to figuring out a 14 sided rubix cube or something lol.

Weight This am: 154.4

Yesterdays workout

Deads:
    205x5
    240x5
    275x10
    *They have nice rubber plates here but they are wide and short so these were definitely deficit type deads which is fine by me but the bar was about 2-3 inches above my ankle

185x10 5 sets

Hack Squat
    300x8 5 sets

Pull through (lifefitness cable stack)
    80x12 (3 sets)

Occluded Hack sqauts WOW!
    185X15 (4 sets)

High decline crunches
    3x15

Nutrition:
    70/425/210

Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Wow dude, you might want to pull a 10,000 cals a day deal or you might die from being so lean Looking sick bro, you should hop on the first show of the new year just for giggles without any change besides a few high carb meals before stage lol. Looking awesome still, and eating a lot of calories that I am jealous of. You will be in an amazing spot in the future for contest prep.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Looking lean as hell. Can we get some lifting vids up in here or what?
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    crazy lean still, matty, legs are still grainy as fuark that's awesome! I've got the same quesadilla maker... what a magical device!
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Follow me on twitter @mattrepece and InstaGram at mrepece!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161395983 - 2014 prep log!