unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question: is 2 hours of cardio exercise a day too much?

Hello all: Is 2 hours of aerobic-exercise a day too much? because i've been doing about 1 hour and 20 minutes of stationary-bicycling, and 40 minutes of walking (2 hours in total of aerobic exercise, done 6 days a week).

Is that too much exercise? or should i do less in order to feel less fatigued. Because right now i feel so lethargic and tired.

Take care

unsoberx
    "It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think you can do too much cardio as far as being bad to your body, but if you constantly tired then yeah I'd pull it back a it.

PTPOGO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually come close to two hours a day and on my only day off during the week even more. I feel even better when I am out doing something instead of sitting around.

unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello, yeah indeed !! I get so bored on my rest-days, that i feel much better the days i exercise. Specially in the winter and holidays. Exercising a lot works like an appetite suppressant too, i seem to get less hungry the days i exercise a lot than the days i don' work out at all.

You know something? The people who don't workout at all, (The majority of individuals out there) think that physical beauty can come naturally. But even though most people are fans of celebrities and movies. They don't seem to be aware, that a great part of the celebrities personal lives involve gym and workouts. Hollywood stars and celebrities cannot be great without spending 1 to 2 hours a day at the gym and/or jogging and walking.

unsoberx

Originally Posted by PTPOGO View Post
    I usually come close to two hours a day and on my only day off during the week even more. I feel even better when I am out doing something instead of sitting around.
    "It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

Surgeon By 2012 or Bust! -Aaron-'s Avatar
    -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm getting really sick of you...
    "The world will look up and shout save us... And I'll whisper, no."

Leonidas300, SCDiesel23, Jkeith are my heroes.

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by unsoberx View Post
    Hello all: Is 2 hours of aerobic-exercise a day too much? because i've been doing about 1 hour and 20 minutes of stationary-bicycling, and 40 minutes of walking (2 hours in total of aerobic exercise, done 6 days a week).

Is that too much exercise? or should i do less in order to feel less fatigued. Because right now i feel so lethargic and tired.

Take care

unsoberx
    Depends on your diet.

If you're doing 10 hours of aerobic work every week and not getting any results, something is seriously lacking and it's not in the training.

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by mpipes View Post
    Depends on your diet.

If you're doing 10 hours of aerobic work every week and not getting any results, something is seriously lacking and it's not in the training.
    hmm...this kinda goes w/ the cortisol release thingy; right?

like...that belief that says if you do too much cardio, you will release too much cortisol, & your body will hold onto fat as a result.
    --> stress/in a stressed state = holding onto fat for survival.

badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Around 3 days at 30 mins+ works fine for me. I am able to get in around 500cals each session.

LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    maybe if you fuel and recover better you may feel less fatigued. to a certain point exercise should increase ones energy. try change your routine occassionally
    behind every great woman...is a man checking out her arse

Chuck Norris can make a woman climax by simply pointing & saying booya

If at first you don't succeed you're not Chuck Norris

When Chuck Norris wants an egg he cracks open a chicken

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by trance__dreamer View Post
    hmm...this kinda goes w/ the cortisol release thingy; right?

like...that belief that says if you do too much cardio, you will release too much cortisol, & your body will hold onto fat as a result.
    --> stress/in a stressed state = holding onto fat for survival.
    It's not just cortisol specifically, there's a whole ton of hormones that interact with each other and can work against you. You'll likely still lose fat no matter what but progress may be slowed or it could even be masked by inflammation/swelling/water retention because of the stress.

Basically, in the context of this particular thread, we don't know if two hours of aerobic activity is too much because we don't know whether or not he's getting results nor what his diet is like. The way he posts constantly and makes himself sound like a victim to his biology, I'd guess his results aren't what he would like them to be and chances are it's only because he's making it a whole hell of a lot harder on himself than it needs to be.
    Last edited by mpipes; 12-05-2008 at 03:48 PM.

Samm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is no point mate, no point at all.

Keep it under an hour, 3x a week.
    07/01/2008 - 18 Stone 0lb+
    15/10/2008 - 12 Stone 7lb

Teen Transformation of the Week
    http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/sammy_el_tawil.htm

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Too much in my opinion. The thing I find more fascinating is that you have enough time in your day for 2 hours of cardio. If it's on a day when your not lifting, fine... but there are indeed negative consequences of extended cardio session in terms of body composition. If you are adjusting your diet accordingly, knock yourself out, but 2 hours of any cardio at a caloric deficit will likely do more harm than good.

G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    2 hours? I wonder how much muscle your burning along with fat. I remember last year when i was like the more cardio i do the more fit ill become. I was stupid. Everyone told me it was too much exercise for me. Was doing around 3 hours a day too. Finally got the message and i do an hour of cardio at max.

torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I honestly cannot (and do not want) to imagine doing cardio for TWO HOURS a day. Good grief.

Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam913 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is also how you do your Cardio. I am lucky enough to have a basketball court inside the gym. Today for instance we played for just under 2 hours and it was full court. I was wiped out but I still had to get my back workout in. It sucked but I got it done. I like to improvise when it comes to Cardio since I hate running on the damn eliptical but I do it.

some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You will lose fat but you will also lose weight. If weight lose is your goal, do it, by all means. If specific fat lose is your goal then it's not the most effective way of doing it.

And your diet is more important than no matter how long or intense you do your cardio.

jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why so much cardio when your 6'2" 170lbs?

vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea its fine, people on that show the biggest loser did anywhere from 3-5 hours cardio a day mixed in with 1 - 2 hours of weightlifting.

So 2 hours a day is fine, but if it is affecting you too much you should consider switching it up.

You sound just like an average hillbilly Mccain's Joe the Plumber, full of hate, boredom, depression, and who hates freedom of speech. No wonder this country is doomed.

No wonder you are so fat and unable to lose weight despite your 22,000 posts, i am not real strong, however i am not fat, because i am not bored and boredom and anger leads to obesity.

unsoberx

Originally Posted by -Aaron- View Post

AARON: YOU KNOW SOMETHING? I REALLY WISH THAT YOU BINGE-EAT ON CHRISTMAS DAY SO THAT YOUR INSULIN LEVELS WILL SKY ROCKET AND YOU WILL STORE LOTS OF FAT AND GAIN 20 LBS. IN THESE CHRISTMAS. SO THAT YOUR DREAM AND GOAL OF LOOKING LIKE BRAD PITT AND CHRISTIAN BALE WILL BE JUST A DREAM !!

SO GO AHEAD AND KEEP BINGING AND SNACKING A LOT

unsoberx

Originally Posted by -Aaron- View Post

rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    AARON: YOU KNOW SOMETHING? I REALLY WISH THAT YOU BINGE-EAT ON CHRISTMAS DAY SO THAT YOUR INSULIN LEVELS WILL SKY ROCKET AND YOU WILL STORE LOTS OF FAT AND GAIN 20 LBS. IN THESE CHRISTMAS. SO THAT YOUR DREAM AND GOAL OF LOOKING LIKE BRAD PITT AND CHRISTIAN BALE WILL BE JUST A DREAM !!

unsoberx
    how old are you and what country do you live in?

-Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You sound just like an average hillbilly Mccain's Joe the Plumber, full of hate, boredom, depression, and who hates freedom of speech. No wonder this country is doomed.

No wonder you are so fat and unable to lose weight despite your 22,000 posts, i am not real strong, however i am not fat, because i am not bored and boredom and anger leads to obesity.

unsoberx

unsoberx

U mad?

unsoberx

unsoberx
    Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.