Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw oysters

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    You might find that that changes the more you consistently eat healthier sources of fat. Overly-crispy deep fried stuff isn't very appealing anymore. Eggs, whole milk, and ground beef a few nights a week really hit the spot and feel satisfying and nourishing with no craving for anything deep fried.
    I don't eat a lot of that stuff in fact I get maybe 60-80 grams of fat a day I used to do even less when I started dieting until I found there was a minimum on this board I have just never liked salmon or avocado at all. To me one taste like playdoh and one is just "too fishey" hard to explain. I like nuts and nut butters but I ALWAYS overeat them. Getting most my fat now from cheese and fatty red meats. Wish I liked those foods but I love almost everything and I've tried to like those many times I just cant do it I don't enjoy the taste. Granted before I dieted I loved that unhealthy crap it was candy chips a bdubs on the reg. Just seems like a couple of the best go to people use for healthy fats I just don't like or the opposite I cant control myself with. I have tried to have nuts in my house many times I have zero times bought some and not eventually binged on them.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    I don't eat a lot of that stuff in fact I get maybe 60-80 grams of fat a day I used to do even less when I started dieting until I found there was a minimum on this board I have just never liked salmon or avocado at all. To me one taste like playdoh and one is just "too fishey" hard to explain. I like nuts and nut butters but I ALWAYS overeat them. Getting most my fat now from cheese and fatty red meats. Wish I liked those foods but I love almost everything and I've tried to like those many times I just cant do it I don't enjoy the taste. Granted before I dieted I loved that unhealthy crap it was candy chips a bdubs on the reg. Just seems like a couple of the best go to people use for healthy fats I just don't like or the opposite I cant control myself with. I have tried to have nuts in my house many times I have zero times bought some and not eventually binged on them.

Getting most of your fat from dairy and red meat is a pretty bad idea...

You should aim to replace saturated fats with poly/mono when possible.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post

While I don't disagree with the latter statement, I think he's 260 lbs+ at 5'11'' or so, so whatever works to get his weight moving down is probably a good thing at this point.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Oh those are larger than what I'm used to from a can, and prob taste better.
    Yeah 9v batteries taste kind of “buzzy”
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I mean thus why I said I wish I like some of the foods with healthy fats in them but I agree with Ei my weight loss is much higher on the overall health totem pole. I certainly feel better than when I was eating almost no fat or way to much when I was not even dieting. Just seems like most my fats are coming from / residual in protein bars/ creamy soup or frozen veggies normally covered in some kind of cheese sauce/ bacon red meat. At the end of the day I'm not going to eat things I don't like and I like most things just sucks that I find some of the healthiest forms or fat like avocados and salmon so gross. I would love to do nut or nut butter but I just cant do those foods as I WILL overeat them. I remember when I used to buy cashews and they were almost as bad a sugar cereal I would just eat a pound or more at a time. I do eat a lot of low fat yogurt but I don't think adding cals to my yogurt really helps my fat profile at all. The sad thing is I like almost all seafood salmon is the one fish I just cant stomach.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post

Still a far cry from fried oil, however (which I'm not accusing XinXom of preferring, only that in my own experience it's not so appealing after being routinely avoided).
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I mean thus why I said I wish I like some of the foods with healthy fats in them but I agree with Ei my weight loss is much higher on the overall health totem pole. I certainly feel better than when I was eating almost no fat or way to much when I was not even dieting. Just seems like most my fats are coming from / residual in protein bars/ creamy soup or frozen veggies normally covered in some kind of cheese sauce/ bacon red meat. At the end of the day I'm not going to eat things I don't like and I like most things just sucks that I find some of the healthiest forms or fat like avocados and salmon so gross. I would love to do nut or nut butter but I just cant do those foods as I WILL overeat them. I remember when I used to buy cashews and they were almost as bad a sugar cereal I would just eat a pound or more at a time. I do eat a lot of low fat yogurt but I don't think adding cals to my yogurt really helps my fat profile at all. The sad thing is I like almost all seafood salmon is the one fish I just cant stomach.
    What about mackerel? That is also a fatty fish. Even when I was a kid and didn’t really like fish I still loved that one.
    Last edited by EiFit91; 05-21-2021 at 08:29 AM.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    What about mackerel?
    I bought a can of Jack Mackerel at the start of my junior year in college. It stayed with me my junior year, my senior year in another house, and then a year an a half in 3 other places while in grad school. I think I left the unopened can in a cupboard of the last place I stayed when I moved away.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I bought a can of Jack Mackerel at the start of my junior year in college. It stayed with me my junior year, my senior year in another house, and then a year an a half in 3 other places while in grad school. I think I left the unopened can in a cupboard of the last place I stayed when I moved away.
    Holy mackerel that’s a long time!

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    What about mackerel? That is also a fatty fish. Even when I was a kid and didn’t really like fish I still loved that one.
    I don't know that I've ever tried it ill see if I cant get my hands on some and give it a go. Like I love mahi mahi halibut walli cod etc so I might.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ill see if I cant get my hands on some and give it a go. .
    Look in the kitchen cabinets of 409 West College Avenue, Apartment #2, Carbondale Illinois. If it's still there, it's been there since August of 1990.

Look in the kitchen cabinets of 409 West College Avenue, Apartment #2, Carbondale Illinois. If it's still there, it's been there since August of 1990.
    You know even if that wasn't out of the way I get the feeling that I might not enjoy what I find and based off some of your other wild tales frankly I'm afraid.

You know even if that wasn't out of the way I get the feeling that I might not enjoy what I find and based off some of your other wild tales frankly I'm afraid.
    Hester Mofet’s severed head?

- Richard Feynman

I was in a group of about 25 people that climbed Mt Kilimanjaro. We were invited to a Masai village for dinner. Two guys held a goat, a 3rd guy cut a vein in its neck, and a 4th guy captured all the blood that came out in a large bowl. Then they butchered it into "chicken strip" sized pieces and put them on wooden skewers made from the nearest tree. They lit a long rectangular fire perpendicular to the wind. They stuck the skewers in the ground on the downwind side of the fire. The wind blew the heat and smoke across the meat. It tasted like an African goat from a Masai village.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    12. 3 rows of 4, or 4 rows of 3, depending on how you look at it. Each oyster is about the size of a 9 volt battery.
    i just had a can of the smoked...i'd prefer the raw with the hot stuff on it.

for anyone that would want to try them smoked/canned are simpler and aren't squishy. squeak mentioned they're slimy or snot like, they shouldn't be unless they're a bad batch.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'm a huge fan of sardines not sure if you've come around to try them yet....anchovies too.

these are some other options for omega 3's.
    Kid Covid

i may be able to have someone check in there....she works down in carbondale but how would she have access to get in the apt?
    Kid Covid

Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    i may be able to have someone check in there....she works down in carbondale but how would she have access to get in the apt?
    Have her knock on the door and maybe someone will let her in. That's what I did. I went to the apartment complex management office and asked them if they knew of anyone that needed a room mate. She said there are 2 guys in a 3 bedroom apartment that are looking for a room mate. So I knocked on the door and asked 2 complete strangers if I could share their apartment. We had keg parties every other weekend. Out neighbors had keg parties on the weekends we did not. A keg of Bud Light was $47.50 back then.

Inflation has really taken its toll on drinking

Still doing the oysters daily? I’m having another can of smoked today, back home and don’t feel like paying an outrageous amount for raw ones.

Still doing the oysters daily?.
    Yes, still taking 24 smoked oysters from a can every day for the last 6 days.

Results/Observations:

My wife said I smell good.
    The veins in my arms seem to stick out more.
    Been constipated for the last 3 days, no joke.

But the best thing that happened to me since the oyster experiment is getting 24 renters in the span of a few days. A group of 14 and a group of 10, all doing contract work in a refinery.

But the best thing that happened to me since the oyster experiment is getting 24 renters in the span of a few days. A group of 14 and a group of 10, all doing contract work in a refinery.
    Please post studies backing your claims.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Please post studies backing your claims.
    They are all from south Texas and Louisiana. I'm sure they consume oysters, like me. The Spice Girls had a phrase, "Girl Power!". My new phrase is "Oyster Power!".

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They are all from south Texas and Louisiana. I'm sure they consume oysters, like me. The Spice Girls had a phrase, "Girl Power!". My new phrase is "Oyster Power!".
    And burly men in white tank tops and construction hats will eat a path to your doorstep.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    And burly men in white tank tops and construction hats will eat a path to your doorstep.
    The first guy that showed up yesterday had a broken jaw and needed some antibiotics from me. He has a Confederate flag tattooed on his chest and back.

They always leave stuff behind. Hard hats included.

hardhats.jpg
    Current rankings

EliKoeh: Sparrow
    TolerantLacoe: Opossum
    Faithbra: Opossum
    SuicidGripMe: Opossum
    MTpockets: Owl
    Air2Fake: Weasel
    Steffo9: Ferret
    MarkT: Snapping turtle
    Camarja: Raccoon
    TearsOfIc: Fox
    Paulinkanas: Coyote
    Sails: Wolf

Just noticed your new sig LOL!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

They're really great, if someone is stuck not growing it would be a great source to help them put on some muscle. Highest zinc source, healthy fat and good for the environment. Everyone wins!

Sounds like the world is ...truly...your oyster

IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fishnbrah View Post
    i eat a can of smoked oysters everyday srs
    I can down 3 of those cans easily. Srs. Good fats from the oil, protein galore hnnnnnnnnnng!

IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i just had a can of the smoked...i'd prefer the raw with the hot stuff on it.

for anyone that would want to try them smoked/canned are simpler and aren't squishy. squeak mentioned they're slimy or snot like, they shouldn't be unless they're a bad batch.
    Raw. Yeah maybe a little "slimy". In the tins? Nope. Just meat and oil.

Originally Posted by IronKrazy View Post
    Raw. Yeah maybe a little "slimy". In the tins? Nope. Just meat and oil.
    i don't know why but i'm fascinated with the raw ones....maybe because of Casanova's history with them

i don't know why but i'm fascinated with the raw ones....maybe because of Casanova's history with them
    Food pr0n bro.