Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Introduction - *Transformation Pic*

Hello All - I've been a lurker for quite awhile and finally decided to join the fun. I slowly got into fitness about 5 years ago. Unfortunately, my routine in the beginning was very inconsistent without a solid meal plan and a workout routine that I basically winged daily. Because of this, I saw little to no results in the first couple years. Moving forward in 2017, I became more serious about having a healthier lifestyle and lost around 60 lbs (230-170) by end of 2017. Beginning of 2018, I started my first bulk in which I completely botched and gained about 35 lbs of weight back (in a non good way).

As each day passes, more knowledge is gained. I've learned from my mistakes and successfully lost 40 lbs, which put me at 165 lbs (the leanest I've been in years). My muscle definition is way better this time around compared to my cut at the end of 2017. I have a traveling job with an entertainment company through the winter. I finally got my cut/bulk cycle back on a good timeline where I can bulk up while on the road and start cutting in spring once I'm home from the travel life.

The picture provided is at the end of my bulk August 2018 (left), other picture is at 165 beginning of this month (right). Bulking has now begun just in time for the holidays.
    Attached Images

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Welcome aboard. That's an IMPRESSIVE transformation, dude!

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lookin good! Repped!

How much muscle difference do you think there is in the two pics?
    **^^ gone ^^**

Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you guys! I feel like I didn't gain much muscle on my first bulk. I felt like I became a bloat lord more than anything. At the end of my first cut in 2017 (170lbs) my arms measure a little over 14 inches flexed. At the end of my most recent cut (seen in picture) at 165lbs and my arms measured at 15 inches flexed. So, 5lbs lighter and gained about an inch in my biceps! I'm not sure how much muscle I actually gained in total, but there's a very noticeable difference in muscle definition compared to my first cut at a lighter weight.

I have another photo comparison from the back side. I'm extremely excited about slow bulking at the moment. I'm focusing on a slower pace gain, so when I cut next time around it won't be such a big number to chip away at. My cut ended at around 1800-1900 calories. I'm currently floating around 2800 calories which is near my maintenance. Carefully watching the scale and determining how many calories I need to add (or remove) in order to gain around 1kg a month.
    Attached Images

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Varials View Post
    Thank you guys! I feel like I didn't gain much muscle on my first bulk. I felt like I became a bloat lord more than anything. At the end of my first cut in 2017 (170lbs) my arms measure a little over 14 inches flexed. At the end of my most recent cut (seen in picture) at 165lbs and my arms measured at 15 inches flexed. So, 5lbs lighter and gained about an inch in my biceps! I'm not sure how much muscle I actually gained in total, but there's a very noticeable difference in muscle definition compared to my first cut at a lighter weight.

I have another photo comparison from the back side. I'm extremely excited about slow bulking at the moment. I'm focusing on a slower pace gain, so when I cut next time around it won't be such a big number to chip away at. My cut ended at around 1800-1900 calories. I'm currently floating around 2800 calories which is near my maintenance. Carefully watching the scale and determining how many calories I need to add (or remove) in order to gain around 1kg a month.
    Cutting at 1800 for maintenance of 2800 sounds too aggressive. Maybe you lost some muscle during that cut.

I’ll let more experienced people say more about that since I’m a newbie myself

Try 500 cal deficit next time.

Slow Bulk at 250 surplus tops. 0.5lbs per week weight gain max
    **^^ gone ^^**

Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Cutting at 1800 for maintenance of 2800 sounds too aggressive. Maybe you lost some muscle during that cut.

I’ll let more experienced people say more about that since I’m a newbie myself

Try 500 cal deficit next time.

Slow Bulk at 250 surplus tops. 0.5lbs per week weight gain max
    I agree that it was a little lower than I wanted to go. I began cutting at 2,200 calories then dropped to 2,000 calories when weightloss slowed down. Plateaued for awhile and brought it down another 100 calories near the end and lost couple more pounds. It was mostly around 1,900 calories near the end. Maybe couple days i hit 1,800 but refused to go any lower.

I do plan to have a more solid approach during my next cut at the recommended -500 calories.

NewbieJD86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That is some nice transformation. Really inspiring for us lesser mortals fighting our own battles!
    Someone stole NewbieJD - I'm the 86th version.

Arsenal, Stevenage, Pittsburgh Penguins. I'm a writer that is also a walking stickman. Aiming to change my life.

liftyouupbro is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftyouupbro is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftyouupbro is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftyouupbro is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftyouupbro is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftyouupbro is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftyouupbro is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftyouupbro is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftyouupbro is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftyouupbro is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftyouupbro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Varials View Post
    Hello All - I've been a lurker for quite awhile and finally decided to join the fun. I slowly got into fitness about 5 years ago. Unfortunately, my routine in the beginning was very inconsistent without a solid meal plan and a workout routine that I basically winged daily. Because of this, I saw little to no results in the first couple years. Moving forward in 2017, I became more serious about having a healthier lifestyle and lost around 60 lbs (230-170) by end of 2017. Beginning of 2018, I started my first bulk in which I completely botched and gained about 35 lbs of weight back (in a non good way).

As each day passes, more knowledge is gained. I've learned from my mistakes and successfully lost 40 lbs, which put me at 165 lbs (the leanest I've been in years). My muscle definition is way better this time around compared to my cut at the end of 2017. I have a traveling job with an entertainment company through the winter. I finally got my cut/bulk cycle back on a good timeline where I can bulk up while on the road and start cutting in spring once I'm home from the travel life.

The picture provided is at the end of my bulk August 2018 (left), other picture is at 165 beginning of this month (right). Bulking has now begun just in time for the holidays.
    That is incredible man. Very inspirational.

mrjaco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys and gals.

New to this community, hoping to have some fun and contribute.

Lifting on and off for a couple of years.

Been doing home gyms to campus gyms.

Hoping to build more muscle mass and eat more calories.