Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 1806
    πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by onoratofelix View Post
    maybe i will try to add some carb later at evening and probably only take like 100 gr per day ? but i am really scared that will make me really bloated... bcos that has happened to me before... what is your recommendation?
    Stop looking down at your stomach after you eat and questioning if you are bloated. Just eat to support your training and health. I eat about 400g carb daily, have no idea if it "Bloats" me nor do I care. That's what it takes to keep weight on and some days I lose weight at that intake.

If you can't get your head around eating well to take care of yourself and looking at bloating of 100g carbs keeps bothering you get some help IRL. There are lots of options for support.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

onoratofelix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by danfleysher View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh? The reason I ask is because I don't recommend eating at a deficit at your age unless you are massively overweight. You're still young and primed to grow. You could probably eat at maintenance to build muscle and lose fat at the same time. That's my 2 cents at least.

100 grams of carbs doesn't seem like a lot. I wouldn't expect you to be feeling bloated but everybody is different. If you still get those feelings, maybe reduce to 75g. If you prefer eating in a fasted state, keep doing that and just have the carbs later or at night.

I think rewarding yourself is totally acceptable, just try to portion yourself and be mindful. As long as you're not going crazy over on your calories, the effects won't be that bad.
    sorry for the late reply, i weigh around 72-74kgs. i've been on keto for 3 weeks and finally switched to normal deficit diet for 1 week, and my weight stays the same. on the normal deficit diet i ate, 100gr carbs, 140gr prot and 60gr fat per day.1 lift fbw 3 times a week and i go for HIIT on rest days.

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Stop looking down at your stomach after you eat and questioning if you are bloated. Just eat to support your training and health. I eat about 400g carb daily, have no idea if it "Bloats" me nor do I care. That's what it takes to keep weight on and some days I lose weight at that intake.

If you can't get your head around eating well to take care of yourself and looking at bloating of 100g carbs keeps bothering you get some help IRL. There are lots of options for support.
    well it is because i am on a cut and wanna see some resultsss.. thanks for the advice ... but to be honest my IRL gym people aren't really that good with gym, all they do is split workout without any leg day, and doesn't even eat 1lbs gr of protein per day... and also they love to train their abs a lot.

boyaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it fine to eat a lot amounts of protein as long as the ratio of fats is fine ?
    I ate today 250g fat, 200g protein and under 30g carbs.
    Ive been the past several times in ketosis and i always had this breath.
    But now i dont have this breath so im little bit confused

icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When cutting on keto, do you keep your protein at .8-1 g/lb of LBM and reduce fats to meet your deficit?
    Official Supp. Misc Beer Crew

There's a taste of fear
    When the henchmen call
    Iron fist to tame them
    Iron fist to claim it all

TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    day 5 of Keto - used ReliOn brand keto strip showing negative result. didnt drink much water prior to testing.
    after 2 days of intense peeing lost 5 lbs.
    weight has been same for past 2 days.
    day 4 i felt real tired mid-afternoon just a bit light headed.
    feel much better today on day 5.

ill retest in the AM maybe that is a better time to test?

necorbin will become famous soon enough. (+50) necorbin will become famous soon enough. (+50) necorbin will become famous soon enough. (+50) necorbin will become famous soon enough. (+50) necorbin will become famous soon enough. (+50) necorbin will become famous soon enough. (+50) necorbin will become famous soon enough. (+50) necorbin will become famous soon enough. (+50) necorbin will become famous soon enough. (+50) necorbin will become famous soon enough. (+50) necorbin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
    When cutting on keto, do you keep your protein at .8-1 g/lb of LBM and reduce fats to meet your deficit?
    Yep, exactly. Protein and carbs are a limit... Fat is a goal.

There are people who stick to traditional ratios 70/25/5 or 65/30/5, etc... But you'll stay in ketosis, and see good progress if you hit your protein, stay under the carbs (net carbs in particular), and fill the rest with fats.
    On Keto Since 4/1/16... Not Looking Back!

Currently cutting to my ultimate goal, follow my progress, and learn more on the keto lifestyle...

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theketolifter
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/theketolifter
    Twitter: https:/www.twitter.com/theketolifter
    ********: https://www.********.com/theketolifter

Eat. Lift. Profit!

arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Today because of a religious holiday (Eid al-Adha) I ruined my keto Diet. I ate a large amount of sweets and palm dates. How many days do I need to go back to keto state? Note that I just finish my 1st 2 weeks of keto diet. How can reduce the time to reach keto state?

Thanks a lot in advance

After 2 hours if eating such sweets my blood sugar was only 86 mg/l

In the past in such eating sweet it reach 140
    Last edited by arabhw; 09-12-2016 at 02:40 AM.

icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by arabhw View Post
    Today because of a religious holiday (Eid al-Adha) I ruined my keto Diet. I ate a large amount of sweets and palm dates. How many days do I need to go back to keto state? Note that I just finish my 1st 2 weeks of keto diet. How can reduce the time to reach keto state?

Thanks a lot in advance

After 2 hours if eating such sweets my blood sugar was only 86 mg/l

In the past in such eating sweet it reach 140

Their is no set days on how long it'll take you to get back in to ketosis. Just jump back on the train and keep on chugging along. My guess would be a couple of days.

There's a taste of fear
    When the henchmen call
    Iron fist to tame them

arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
    Their is no set days on how long it'll take you to get back in to ketosis. Just jump back on the train and keep on chugging along. My guess would be a couple of days.
    Thanks, What you say is the main point in such case. That what I did. I'am doing my best starting since y'day. We have to care more about "starting".

Thanks, What you say is the main point in such case. That what I did. I'am doing my best starting since y'day. We have to care more about "starting".
    And, unless you're prepping for a show, you have to live a little.

There's a taste of fear
    When the henchmen call
    Iron fist to tame them

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We have to care more about "starting".
    Yep, how long it takes is mostly just static. People used to worry about that when they thought keto diets had some magical fat loss properties. It's not 2006 anymore. People fundamentally use the keto diet either because they have great compliance (maintaining calorie goal, weight loss, etc.) or due to some potential benefit perceived to some health issue.

And so if you are using the keto because its easier, the speed your body makes that adaptation shouldn't really matter. I mean if it's easier you should be relaxing into a comfy chair to an extent, not stressing about some timetable JMO.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Registered User thisismygrammar's Avatar
    thisismygrammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisismygrammar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How does you body physiologically store body fat while in keto? Lets say for example that you are in keto and you are keeping your protein low enough so that gluconeogenesis does not occur. Is it possible for your body to store some of what you eat as bodyfat?

I just watched this video and this guy says it cant happen. He says he doesn't even count calories and just keeps his carbs low because no insulin= no way to store body fat? Is this true. I assume the limiting factor is going to be protein intake. Is it entirely possible to just eat an unlimited amount of fat with adequate protein and not gain weight?

watch?v=ejtPf5wc3Sk&t=2s

edit: i can't post vids yet.

People on the internet say all kinds of things.

The healthy body produces insulin on a ketogenic diet. Fat can be stored on a ketogenic diet.

http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/is-ketosis-dangerous

fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just finished Day 9 of keto, and I've had neither keto flu nor fruity breath. However, the keto sticks I've been using do test me as positive. Is something wrong?
    Make Fihe Not Fat Again.

Camille5511 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've never used the ketostix in the past, but have tried them now - with no results. I heard a diabetic blood testing device would work better and provide accurate results. However, when you reach ketosis, you can easily feel and 'smell' the difference in your breath and when you urinate.

Camille5511 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fihe View Post
    I just finished Day 9 of keto, and I've had neither keto flu nor fruity breath. However, the keto sticks I've been using do test me as positive. Is something wrong?
    If you're testing positive it means your excreting ketones and not using them for fuel. If you drink more water it will not be noticeable, and if you reduce your protein/up your fat intake youll see a slight difference. (From experience). There are too many variables that go into it, but if you're exercising and eating less than 40g carbs a day you usually should be in keto. It normally takes 2 weeks to partially adapt and up to 6 months (as I've heard) to fully adapt.

Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hoping to read through it but maybe someone can tag me and answer quickly:
    Some articles I've read mention 25g of carbs for keto, do the carbs from our "lots and lots of Veggies" count toward this number or are we taking the net carbs after subtracting dietary Fiber?
    2017 Transformation Challenge

1/2/17 - 216 #'s, 28% BF
    1/8/17 - 212 #'s, 25% BF

marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ripnlean View Post
    Hoping to read through it but maybe someone can tag me and answer quickly:
    Some articles I've read mention 25g of carbs for keto, do the carbs from our "lots and lots of Veggies" count toward this number or are we taking the net carbs after subtracting dietary Fiber?
    net carbs after subtracting fiber. Though I wouldn't say I eat lots and lots of veggies. I have a salad every day and a serving of peppers and cucumbers. I also have green beans or asparagus with my dinner usually.
    Tomorrow is no place to place your better days.

Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by marty6001 View Post
    net carbs after subtracting fiber. Though I wouldn't say I eat lots and lots of veggies. I have a salad every day and a serving of peppers and cucumbers. I also have green beans or asparagus with my dinner usually.
    Thanks Marty, that is more green than I eat currently. this makes it little more clear now.

any foods you like on the keto diet specifically? I eat Eastern European style fats like Kielbasa, Liver Pate, chicken Livers, blood sausage....
    2017 Transformation Challenge

1/2/17 - 216 #'s, 28% BF
    1/8/17 - 212 #'s, 25% BF

marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ripnlean View Post
    Thanks Marty, that is more green than I eat currently. this makes it little more clear now.

any foods you like on the keto diet specifically? I eat Eastern European style fats like Kielbasa, Liver Pate, chicken Livers, blood sausage....
    I eat a lot of the same foods every day... I have one salad a day (large glass mixing bowl size) with chicken, spring salad mix, peppers, cucumbers, bacon, jalapenos, bleu cheese, and a nice peppercorn dressing. I also have one atkins frozen dinner a day, mostly either the meatloaf, beef merlot, or turkey. 3 eggs with bacon or sausage every day as well. Then, either some lunch meat with mayo and cheese, or a steak, or chicken breast. I also mix in a low carb pizza that is on the recipe page. I keep my calories pretty strict under 2k, and usually more around 1700.

beachbodysexy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi All,

I read what to do for ratios of diet but I came across information from Fitnessman and also Dorian there formula comes out higher protein to fat and they say no more than 50gs of carbs. I thought it suppose to be higher fat to protein, as for carbs I rather go by there limit, maybe I wouldn't have a migraine at the moment this would have been my 4 th day.
    I want a Sexybeachbody.. working up to my profile name!!

Originally Posted by beachbodysexy View Post
    Hi All,

I read what to do for ratios of diet but I came across information from Fitnessman and also Dorian there formula comes out higher protein to fat and they say no more than 50gs of carbs. I thought it suppose to be higher fat to protein, as for carbs I rather go by there limit, maybe I wouldn't have a migraine at the moment this would have been my 4 th day.
    Whenever I restart up on low carb I do NOT follow keto macros the first week or two. Instead, I eat whenever I am hungry to get my body back into being attuned to fat for energy. So, if you are just starting out and calorie cutting in your first four days you may be starving yourself too much. I find I end up eating every 2-3 hours for the first week or so and over that time I get less and less hungry.

After a week or two, I then follow the 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbs. This latest round since November I am down 22 pounds and have been in the gym for 6 weeks with no energy loss. Maybe up your calories the first week??

Registered User Strawberries404's Avatar
    Strawberries404 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello. I am new to the ketogenic diet and have been on it for a week now. I've lost 5 pounds and two inches already, but I with 220 pounds and gave a long way to go.

I have a question about carb consumption. So far I have been eating very few carbs, like between 5 and 10 grams a day. Is that a healthy amount or is it too low? I feel great, but I'm asking because I was reading how many people in this diet shoot for 30 grams a day.

Originally Posted by Strawberries404 View Post
    Hello. I am new to the ketogenic diet and have been on it for a week now. I've lost 5 pounds and two inches already, but I with 220 pounds and gave a long way to go.

I have a question about carb consumption. So far I have been eating very few carbs, like between 5 and 10 grams a day. Is that a healthy amount or is it too low? I feel great, but I'm asking because I was reading how many people in this diet shoot for 30 grams a day.

I stay under 20G most days on keto. If you are doing a true keto diet keep your carbs (not including fiber) at 5% macro, fat at 60-65%, and protein 30-35% and you're fine.

If this is new to you make sure you are also taking a multivitamin every day and perhaps fish oil. And drink plenty of water. If you want a nice website to track your diet, fitday.com works well. I tend to build my own foods rather than use theirs but it's easy to use and you can also track your weight. Good luck!!!

No real reason to hold 5-10g net carb, most people eat more in the pursuit of more fiber from veggies.

fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not sure if I'm exactly "new" to keto, but I've been on it for 40 days now and I've only lost about 3 lbs. and a couple of inches. Nothing more is coming off. Not sure why. Could I simply be eating too much? I find that few things I eat make me full In fact, I find it difficult to eat stuff with a lot of fat. There is only so much ranch dressing or sour cream I can use on my food! Hell, I even eat a tablespoon of peanut butter straight from the jar almost every day now, and coffee with half and half.

I was avoiding starches for at least a month before even starting keto, minus a few days of eating sweets each day in the few days before I started. I didn't weigh myself until my fifth day of keto, when I weighed in at 150 lbs. I haven't measured less than 146.5 lbs. since, but most days it's more like 147.5-148.5. I never did get any keto flu, but I did get a bad 24-hour bug 11 days in. The week after, I tracked my calories and generally ate no more than 1500 on most days. Haven't tracked calories nor lost any weight since.

Help.
    Make Fihe Not Fat Again.

Increase calorie deficit or activity to lose weight faster. This is the typical method if eating keto, or typical diet.

I have another question: What are the effects of eating too much protein? I found that when I was counting calories and macros a few weeks ago, I consistently went over my allotted protein allowance for the day. In fact, the amount of fat and protein grams I'd consume on a typical day were about the same. Unfortunately, getting enough fat without at least as much protein is nearly impossible. I can't eat plain butter all day O_O
    Make Fihe Not Fat Again.

I have another question: What are the effects of eating too much protein? I found that when I was counting calories and macros a few weeks ago, I consistently went over my allotted protein allowance for the day. In fact, the amount of fat and protein grams I'd consume on a typical day were about the same. Unfortunately, getting enough fat without at least as much protein is nearly impossible. I can't eat plain butter all day O_O
    Eating too much protein may drop you out of ketosis as the extra protein will convert to glucose via gluconeogenesis. I keep my protein at 0.6-0.7G per lb and that puts me around 35% of my macros.

Not sure if I'm exactly "new" to keto, but I've been on it for 40 days now and I've only lost about 3 lbs. and a couple of inches. Nothing more is coming off. Not sure why. Could I simply be eating too much? I find that few things I eat make me full In fact, I find it difficult to eat stuff with a lot of fat. There is only so much ranch dressing or sour cream I can use on my food! Hell, I even eat a tablespoon of peanut butter straight from the jar almost every day now, and coffee with half and half.

I was avoiding starches for at least a month before even starting keto, minus a few days of eating sweets each day in the few days before I started. I didn't weigh myself until my fifth day of keto, when I weighed in at 150 lbs. I haven't measured less than 146.5 lbs. since, but most days it's more like 147.5-148.5. I never did get any keto flu, but I did get a bad 24-hour bug 11 days in. The week after, I tracked my calories and generally ate no more than 1500 on most days. Haven't tracked calories nor lost any weight since.

Help.
    What are your macros? Now I'll be honest I take in 1900-2000 calories a day with heavy lifting 3x week and circuit full body training 2-3 times a week. Now granted this isn't sustainable long term but for now as I am trying to cut it is working. If you are 150lbs and only taking in 1500 calories I would say you are in way too severe a fat deficit and ultimately are taking yourself out of keto. Run your macros and make sure you are hitting them.