gerome1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Out for a year. Starting again with lifting. What to do? Compounds or split?

Hello fellow lifters.
    I had been training for a while and had a decent amount of muscle and was starting to get there I had an injury at my shoulder and now after a year it finally doesn't hurt anymore and I can start again. So now I'm just doing the basic stuff like curls. Kickbacks. Lunges etc... After I did this a year I was starting to do compounds like squats deadlifts and other. So now I have the problem that I don't know iff I should stick to the simpler exercises for a half year and then go back to compounds or should I start them now at the start of my comeback? Any suggestions are welcome and iff u have tips for supplements or something else to regain muscle (faster) feel free to add. Hope you guys can help me 💪 BTW I just turned 30 not that age matters

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Those are two different questions. Exercise selection and how you rotate exercises are both programming considerations and they aren't opposites.

Do a well known routine and it will answer such questions for you.

What are your max effort lifts for squat/bench/deadlift/pullup/overhead? You can give these as rep maxes if you prefer. This will help us gauge your level of progress. We also need to know height/weight

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Those are two different questions. Exercise selection and how you rotate exercises are both programming considerations and they aren't opposites.

Do a well known routine and it will answer such questions for you.

What are your max effort lifts for squat/bench/deadlift/pullup/overhead? You can give these as rep maxes if you prefer. This will help us gauge your level of progress. We also need to know height/weight
    I'm 1m80 and weight is 81 kg.
    I used to do squats with around 70 kg so it wasn't that much. Deadlift also wasn't very much around 60 I think it's been a year and I also didn't do them very long maybe a month and then I got the injury because of overworking(construction job) and lifting to heavy after having a hard working day. This is something I will keep in mind for the future 😅want to do a combination of compound and regular exercises. But the thing is what kind of compound should I do the same day? I train everything 3 times a week on Friday I go harder. Because I have 2 days to recover.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    OK so those are novice level lifts. Just stick to any of the novice routines we have in the sticky threads at the top of the page. Follow the instructions and the progression as described. Remember these routines are carefully constructed by experienced lifts - so if you change anything, it's probably going to make it worse not better.

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    +1 for professional novice program. It should be built around the 6 main compounds. Some good free ones are:

Fierce 5 fullbody
    Candito Linear
    Stronglifts
    Starting Strength
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    +1 for professional novice program. It should be built around the 6 main compounds. Some good free ones are:

Fierce 5 fullbody
    Candito Linear
    Stronglifts
    Starting Strength
    Or greyskull LP

I’m back to novice level myself and this is what I decided to start out with.

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys.
    I will start with the fierce 5 program and I will put a before and after picture In about 16 weeks to check how much it did.
    I know you can't get big in 4 months but I'm curious. Again thanks for the help 👍

AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000)
    If I were in your shoes, I'd start off with a full-body (three-day split) programme focusing on compound movements. Essentially, that's three days on and four days off: you get to cover all the bases in terms of strength training whilst maximising recovery time. Once your body gets the hang of it, you can progress to a four- or five-day split. Good luck!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AndyLausmax View Post
    If I were in your shoes, I'd start off with a full-body (three-day split) programme focusing on compound movements. Essentially, that's three days on and four days off: you get to cover all the bases in terms of strength training whilst maximising recovery time. Once your body gets the hang of it, you can progress to a four- or five-day split. Good luck!
    Thanks man 👍 I will follow the fierce 5 and see what it gives it was also fierce 5 I started a year ago when I couldn't continue anymore by injurie. I'll post the before after in about 4 months and will see what it did in physique and aestethics