Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    le sigh...

I can fit in a skin tight dress without having to waist train for a week or having on spanx.. since I do te hard work in training and diet...

Body building is permanent... considering it is also sustainable and many here have all ready been training for decades... its no something that we will "stop" doing. It has many more benefits besides making your waist look good... creating bone density is one....

corset training does nothing,, there is no benefit and only risks.

Ill take my 4 inch glute gain over idiotic waist trainers any day.
    Well unfortunately my waist is already as small as it can be naturally. No amount of training can make it any smaller, that's where the corset comes in. I can wear a tight dress just fine without it, but I prefer to enhance the hourglass figure. You have to understand, having a typical Asian frame means I have a different structure and I gain weight/muscle different...it's probably A LOT harder for me to look curvy than a lot of other women. And that's why I do both...I'm building muscle AND waist training. The corset helps my waist look smaller, and the building makes my lower body bigger. Look up female Asian body builders. There's not many, but you'll see how different our structures are, even with training.
    Last edited by ClappyTrappy; 11-30-2015 at 05:57 PM.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm going to wait patiently for everyone to post up their amazing waist training corset results. Make sure to date your before and after pics.

Nothing like ridiculous claims of awesome results that really don't happen.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Nutrition Coach/Trainer:
    http://www.iron-kim.com

ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClappyTrappy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I'm going to wait patiently for everyone to post up their amazing waist training corset results. Make sure to date your before and after pics.

Nothing like ridiculous claims of awesome results that really don't happen.
    Waist training actually isn't just another "miracle weight loss" gimmick. It's something women have been doing for centuries and can produce (scarily) drastic results. I don't condone that level of waist training, but moderate training still gives you some (visible, but not permanent) results. People shouldn't rely on it to change their body shape, but it can definitely help as an additional tool on top of diet and exercise. I guess the biggest question people ask is "why bother if it's not permanent?" Well, just think of it as makeup. Why do women wear it if it just washes off? It's really just to enhance your natural features and look your best when you go out. I see nothing wrong with it, and I never said it should replace proper training.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ClappyTrappy View Post
    Waist training actually isn't just another "miracle weight loss" gimmick. It's something women have been doing for centuries and can produce (scarily) drastic results. I don't condone that level of waist training, but moderate training still gives you some (visible, but not permanent) results. People shouldn't rely on it to change their body shape, but it can definitely help as an additional tool on top of diet and exercise. I guess the biggest question people ask is "why bother if it's not permanent?" Well, just think of it as makeup. Why do women wear it if it just washes off? It's really just to enhance your natural features and look your best when you go out. I see nothing wrong with it, and I never said it should replace proper training.
    Look, you want to wear it under a dress to give an illusion, or wear it as a costume, or wear it for fashion... I'm cool with that. They are pretty and can be fun.

"training" your waist to be smaller, wearing anything like it when actually training, wearing one for days/weeks/months/years/ on end to make any kind of "change" to your body is where the problem lies. The people who claim it has any benefit to it is where the problems lie. Even "moderate" training is pointless.

Makeup can change your look for a few hours, is not dangerous (barring any odd thing), and is not touted as "altering" any part of your body. everyone knows makeup is not going to actually make your face smaller or change your bone structure(though a good contour can give the illusion).
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ClappyTrappy View Post
    My complaint in my other thread wasn't about not dropping inches, it was about not gaining size in my glutes, because that's what my goal is. The waist measurement was merely a reference to show that I haven't just lost weight over all. And it does make sense if you understand what I'm actually saying:
    If you're trying to build up glutes or any other bodypart you need to be eating in a calorie surplus for growth. Waist training to make something smaller and or lose inches isn't going to work when building. That's 2 different goals and 2 different methods are needed to make it happen.

Nutrition Coach/Trainer:

Well I can't speak for everyone else, but at least for myself, if I wear the corset through the week and take it off for the weekend, my shape remains noticeably different even without wearing the corset under my clothes. I don't know how long I'll keep this up, but at least for now, I work 8 hours a day at a desk and during this time I can't do anything else anyway, so I might as well just wear it. I take it off in the evening and that's when I do my workouts.

@kimm4 I don't know what is a good calorie surplus for someone my size. I don't want to over do it, so I'm being a bit careful, but certainly not letting myself go hungry either. I attached two pictures, one from 2012 (not a very clear pic of my body, but I don't have many from back then) and one from a few weeks ago. I think I'm on the right path. I think I look curvier...but just very surprised that my measurements haven't changed.
    Attached Images

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    I've seen this woman on a couple talk shows and some TV special in past. Do they not have a better example to use? I'm probably going to get flamed for this and I'm sorry but this woman looks like an out of shape, frail, flabby mess.

When it looks like a struggle trying to sit, stand and walk normal...that's a problem.

If it's the same woman that was on the TCL channel it takes her 2 hours to lace up her corset. Who the hell has that kind of time on their hands?!
    Last edited by kimm4; 11-30-2015 at 09:14 PM.

Nutrition Coach/Trainer:

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You always have this chick who is on the other end of the spectrum.

www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    You always have this chick who is on the other end of the spectrum.
    Her diet is a trade secret really?!

The secret is she isn't dieting at all smh...

Nutrition Coach/Trainer:

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I've seen this woman on a couple talk shows and some TV special in past. Do they not have a better example to use? I'm probably going to get flamed for this and I'm sorry but this woman looks like an out of shape, frail, flabby mess.

When it looks like a struggle trying to sit, stand and walk normal...that's a problem.

If it's the same woman that was on the TCL channel it takes her 2 hours to lace up her corset. Who the hell has that kind of time on their hands?!

This is they type of women that have 6 rib bones removed to achieve this look....

The guy asking "are you alright" was completely genuine and her answers are so forced. Where the hell is her bladder, liver, and how do her lungs expand?
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Maybe we should just not warn them and let natural selection do it's thing!
    Beast in training...

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Where the hell is her bladder, liver, and how do her lungs expand?
    The ribs squish in and everything else gets pushed down. I don't know how you breath!

Putting in the work IrishLassie78's Avatar
    IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mtnliones5 View Post
    Maybe we should just not warn them and let natural selection do it's thing!
    Agreed.
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163596431

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I just cannot with this thread.

Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agreed

Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fujiberry is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can't really change your waist size aside from dropping fat (or surgically removing ribs). Bring up your lats, shoulders, and quads to give the illusion of an hourglass figure. Speaking as someone who basically had the figure of a ruler before lifting, I can definitely tell you that building muscle is a 'easier' and far more rewarding than spending $140 to look good for a couple hours.

Use a waist trainer if you want some extra slimming when wearing a tight dress, but they're absolutely useless otherwise.
    52kg USAPL Raw Powerlifter
    I'm going to be strong someday.

Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is another girl who does the tight lacing and has something crazy like an 18 inch waist none of them have had ribs removed but they are serious 'tight Lacers'. There is a difference between tight lacing and waist training and I think they say tight lacing is more effective. So it seems that there may be some proof of being able to reduce the waist without diet and exercise but it isn't proven healthy in any way. The girl I'm speaking on is a serious tight lacer and has been training for 3 yrs and although her waist IS smaller she can not stand up straight for more than 10 minutes without the corset on and she physically cannot bare to eat more than a handful of food. Maybe if she had stopped earlier on she wouldn't have had so many problems but it still sounds a liiiiiittle too risky for me! I'll admit I love the waist trainers especially after just having my 4th baby , looks good under clothes until I get my abs back in good shape but I wouldn't wear them expecting anything magical to happen
    Last edited by Dnkibble; 12-03-2015 at 04:46 PM.
    JUST KEEP GOING**

yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No, it's expensive and why not just weight lift and eat clean. I think it's just another fad product
    MuscleTech Representative

*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Does anyone know of reference material by well known people in the fitness industry, that gives a good explanation of why you shouldn't use them? I've been looking and all I can find are articles on Womens Health, Dr. Oz ect.
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

roseerick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I recently had a waist trainer. so far so good.

MgreyA7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I want to buy waist trainer. It's possible to man?

MgreyA7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MgreyA7 View Post
    I want to buy waist trainer. It's possible to man?
    Such products are suitable for men? Nebility Women Waist Trainer Corset Zipper Vest Body Shaper Cincher Tank Top with Adjustable Straps

NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would say no, based on medical studies.