SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Omnivore vs Vegan diet

I hear a lot of people who follow the vegan lifestyle claiming that it is healthier, and more beneficial than those who choose to eat a well balanced diet that includes lean meats. What are your opinions?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No it's harder to get all necessary nutrients. Humans are designed to be omnivores.

It's less effort to build a healthy diet from mixed sources.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Find a diet you enjoy consuming, meets adequate fat and protein recommendations, meets adequate micro nutrient intake, and live your life.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    No it's harder to get all necessary nutrients. Humans are designed to be omnivores.

It's less effort to build a healthy diet from mixed sources.
    I wouldn't say we're so-much 'designed' for it, moreso that our food environment has made us far better-suited to be omnivorous in terms of efficiency of nutrition.

It's way, way easier to get everything you need when every food is an option. Less options, less access to nutrients.

I think for muscle-building it really comes down to amino acid content and balancing proper protein intake with a fiber and volume level you can live with and also absorb everything you need. Without meat/dairy/eggs, etc, it's harder to do and gets more boring for sure.

One could argue that if humans absorb dietary cholesterol and see negative health outcomes from saturated fats, etc, that consuming animal products really isn't best for us, but of course a balanced approach solves this, too.

In short, it's most likely best to eat SOME animal products for performance/health, but with the majority of calories coming from whole plant foods.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SBB1 View Post
    I hear a lot of people who follow the vegan lifestyle claiming that it is healthier, and more beneficial than those who choose to eat a well balanced diet that includes lean meats. What are your opinions?
    I’ve also had vegans tell me that if I smudge with sage sticks it will realign my chakras and help me tune in to Jupiter. Not sure what you’re point is here.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I wouldn't say we're so-much 'designed' for it, moreso that our food environment has made us far better-suited to be omnivorous in terms of efficiency of nutrition.

It's way, way easier to get everything you need when every food is an option. Less options, less access to nutrients.

I think for muscle-building it really comes down to amino acid content and balancing proper protein intake with a fiber and volume level you can live with and also absorb everything you need. Without meat/dairy/eggs, etc, it's harder to do and gets more boring for sure.

One could argue that if humans absorb dietary cholesterol and see negative health outcomes from saturated fats, etc, that consuming animal products really isn't best for us, but of course a balanced approach solves this, too.

In short, it's most likely best to eat SOME animal products for performance/health, but with the majority of calories coming from whole plant foods.
    If you look at the GI tract of a pure herbivore animal vs. a typical omnivore vs. a pure carnivore - we are closest to the omnivore, that was my only reasoning.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you look at the GI tract of a pure herbivore animal vs. a typical omnivore vs. a pure carnivore - we are closest to the omnivore, that was my only reasoning.
    I don’t eat meat but it’s pretty true I mean a cow has 4 stomachs and can eat so much fiber us not so much also hunting /cooking and a higher absorbed protein amount allowed us to evolve with larger brains
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    I don’t eat meat but it’s pretty true I mean a cow has 4 stomachs and can eat so much fiber us not so much also hunting /cooking and a higher absorbed protein amount allowed us to evolve with larger brains
    Chimpanzees, our closest genetic relative, appear to consume about 6% of their diet from animal sources.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SBB1 View Post
    People who choose to follow a certain lifestyle believes that lifestyle is superior to the alternatives. Who knew?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Chimpanzees, our closest genetic relative, appear to consume about 6% of their diet from animal sources.
    yup and they can’t make fire, they don’t cook their food and frankly don’t go above a three year olds intellect
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    yup and they can’t make fire, they don’t cook their food and frankly don’t go above a three year olds intellect
    Right, Im just using the same logical directions everyone else does to make a point... I don't agree that people should or need to eat meat.