Closed Thread
Page 3 of 334 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WishmasterATM View Post
    17 inchers dont come in easy..
    ****, my 17 incher comes if it just gets looked at.

MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    Machida I could see, GSP? You trollin me Muffin? How would you see that fight playing out?
    GSP is a black belt in BJJ. He got it from Renzo and has trained multiple times in Brazil with world champs. This indicates that he is a high level jiujitsuka. To further enforce this, he was not even partially threatened by the guard games of anyone he has fought. That includes a BJJ world champ in BJ Penn and a pan ams world champ (and Renzo gracie BB) in Matt Serra.

GSP is very clearly a high level wrestler. He has outwrestled a D1 champ in Josh Kosheck and has also outwrestled Matt Hughes and Jon Fitch. In addition to that, he took Thiago Alves down at will. Thiago Alves has shown great TD defense. GSP took him down whenever he wanted even after a semi-serious injury.

GSP is a very, very good striker. He is obv extremely quick and he has good reach (and uses his reach well).

I would propose that GSP is much stronger than a decent portion of Fedor's opponents. The only one that matters, however, is Matt Lindland. I propose that GSP is stronger than Matt Lindland. Given GSP's mass and BF%, i do not think this is too much of an assumption.

Fedor has been taken down by wrestlers, usually with a decent amount of ease. Randleman took him down, Lindland took him down, Arona took him down (not really a wrestler), Babalu took him down and Coleman did (as expected). Now, the end results of these fights are irrelevant as none of these fighters (Bar Arona who was not submitted (Note: Babalu was also not submitted)) are great or even decent at BJJ.

I think GSP will take Fedor down whenever he wants to, and GSP's top game (which, imo, is second to none), would allow him to avoid subs while doing considerable damage. To further this claim, once can look at GSP vs BJ Penn/Matt Serra. Who, although smaller than both GSP and Fedor, are great grapplers, and BJ Penn in particular, is great off his back.

I see GSP winning a decision or a stoppage. There is also a good chance that GSP wins via doctor stoppage (GSP has great GNP, Fedor cuts easily).

I do not think it's too much of a stretch to state something like this.
    "If you can read this and still disagree, fantastic; just realize that you’re wrong." - Lyle McDonald

"We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. and there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Half of the stuff I say is said to piss you off. Everything else is just a lead up to me trolling you.

WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ehh.....is anyone going to stop MUFC? ^^^

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    ****, my 17 incher comes if it just gets looked at.
    I am the guy, everybody wants to be me..lol..

They always look at my 17 inchers
    " I love it when women go to school . It's like seeing a monkey on roller skates --- it means nothing to them, but its so adorable for us "

- Admiral General Aladeen

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MUFC View Post
    GSP is a black belt in BJJ. He got it from Renzo and has trained multiple times in Brazil with world champs. This indicates that he is a high level jiujitsuka. To further enforce this, he was not even partially threatened by the guard games of anyone he has fought. That includes a BJJ world champ in BJ Penn and a pan ams world champ (and Renzo gracie BB) in Matt Serra.

GSP is very clearly a high level wrestler. He has outwrestled a D1 champ in Josh Kosheck and has also outwrestled Matt Hughes and Jon Fitch. In addition to that, he took Thiago Alves down at will. Thiago Alves has shown great TD defense. GSP took him down whenever he wanted even after a semi-serious injury.
    I would have preferred you used "tremendous TD defense".

GSP is a very, very good striker. He is obv extremely quick and he has good reach (and uses his reach well).
    Agreed, most disagree for some reason though.

I would propose that GSP is much stronger than a decent portion of Fedor's opponents. The only one that matters, however, is Matt Lindland. I propose that GSP is stronger than Matt Lindland. Given GSP's mass and BF%, i do not think this is too much of an assumption.

Fedor has been taken down by wrestlers, usually with a decent amount of ease. Randleman took him down, Lindland took him down, Arona took him down (not really a wrestler), Babalu took him down and Coleman did (as expected). Now, the end results of these fights are irrelevant as none of these fighters (Bar Arona who was not submitted (Note: Babalu was also not submitted)) are great or even decent at BJJ.
    I'd say Babalu is "decent" at bjj.

I think GSP will take Fedor down whenever he wants to, and GSP's top game (which, imo, is second to none), would allow him to avoid subs while doing considerable damage. To further this claim, once can look at GSP vs BJ Penn/Matt Serra. Who, although smaller than both GSP and Fedor, are great grapplers, and BJ Penn in particular, is great off his back.

I see GSP winning a decision or a stoppage. There is also a good chance that GSP wins via doctor stoppage (GSP has great GNP, Fedor cuts easily).

I do not think it's too much of a stretch to state something like this.
    Interesting.

MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY View Post
    I would have preferred you used "tremendous TD defense".

Agreed, most disagree for some reason though.

I'd say Babalu is "decent" at bjj.

Interesting.
    Yea, Thiago Alves probably does have tremendous TD defense, but i'm not sure if it's actually TD defense or strategically throwing vicious leg kicks to weaken tds. Either way, he is the best at it (after GSP).

At the time, Babalu was a purple belt (i think). He has always been better at wrestling than BJJ. But yea, i suppose that can be changed.

I dunno, i just think GSP has the tools to actually beat everyone except Brock. And that is only because Brock is too big.
    "If you can read this and still disagree, fantastic; just realize that you’re wrong." - Lyle McDonald

"We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. and there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Half of the stuff I say is said to piss you off. Everything else is just a lead up to me trolling you.

JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea, Thiago Alves probably does have tremendous TD defense, but i'm not sure if it's actually TD defense or strategically throwing vicious leg kicks to weaken tds. Either way, he is the best at it (after GSP).

At the time, Babalu was a purple belt (i think). He has always been better at wrestling than BJJ. But yea, i suppose that can be changed.

I dunno, i just think GSP has the tools to actually beat everyone except Brock. And that is only because Brock is too big.
    What about Machida? I thought you had Machida as best that ever did it.

What about Machida? I thought you had Machida as best that ever did it.
    GSP vs Machida is interesting because Machida has shown that his td defense is very good. I'm not sure if this is because of his great footwork and distancing, or because of his wrestling. It would be a good fight, i think GSP would win.

I can change my mind about stuff like this. I just have to think about it more so i can properly decide.

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MUFC I agree with you on most counts except for the fact that, I don't think GSP would be able to handle Fedor's strength, and I don't think GSP would be able to keep Fedor on his back.

As far as BJ Penn being great off of his back...he's never submitted anyone in MMA from his back. Out of his 6 submission victories all but one were a rear naked, and the odd ball out was an arm triangle. Not to mention GSP has a significant size and strength advantage over BJ.

I also don't think GSP has the power to KO Fedor. Maybe TKO from a ground and pound, but i think Fedor's grappling is too good.
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

MUFC I agree with you on most counts except for the fact that, I don't think GSP would be able to handle Fedor's strength, and I don't think GSP would be able to keep Fedor on his back.

As far as BJ Penn being great off of his back...he's never submitted anyone in MMA from his back. Out of his 6 submission victories all but one were a rear naked, and the odd ball out was an arm triangle. Not to mention GSP has a significant size and strength advantage over BJ.

I also don't think GSP has the power to KO Fedor. Maybe TKO from a ground and pound, but i think Fedor's grappling is too good.
    BJ has still never had his guard passed in MMA (or BJJ) and he has done quite a few arm drags to back (IIRC).

GSP may very well have the same LBM as Fedor. I don't see how he would be considerably weaker.

edit: I think Fedor would have a little more LBM, but GSP is probably p4p stronger than anyone in the sport.
    Last edited by MUFC; 10-06-2009 at 08:20 AM.

TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GSP may very well have the same LBM as Fedor. I don't see how he would be considerably weaker.
    how many one hit ko's does gsp have? he may not be weaker, but he doesn't have as near the punching power as fedor. quit smoking your organic weed, veggie boy.
    Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.

"I'm not cheating, I'm winning!" - my 5-yr old son

"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" - George Bernard Shaw

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

i want to binge eat

Originally Posted by TE View Post
    how many one hit ko's does gsp have? he may not be weaker, but he doesn't have as near the punching power as fedor. quit smoking your organic weed, veggie boy.
    GSP has spent like his last 7 fights fighting on the mat. His number KOs is irrelevant.

Also, i am no longer a "veggie boy" (or a Veggie Man)(yes, self induced put down)(I like brackets).

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ftwrestler View Post

i want to binge eat
    Don't do it, or you'll turn in to me.

TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

i want to binge eat
    do it.
    GSP has spent like his last 7 fights fighting on the mat. His number KOs is irrelevant.

Also, i am no longer a "veggie boy" (or a Veggie Man)(yes, self induced put down)(I like brackets).
    you eating the red meat? It was for a girl, wasn't it?

"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" - George Bernard Shaw

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheStender View Post
    Don't do it, or you'll turn in to me.
    and i wont make weight

and i wont make weight
    what's lined up?

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    and i wont make weight
    Not unless you need to get into heavyweight.

WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want to do a line ..nao
    " I love it when women go to school . It's like seeing a monkey on roller skates --- it means nothing to them, but its so adorable for us "

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BJ has still never had his guard passed in MMA (or BJJ) and he has done quite a few arm drags to back (IIRC).

edit: I think Fedor would have a little more LBM, but GSP is probably p4p stronger than anyone in the sport.
    LBM does not directly correlate to strength. Hence why power lifters are stronger than bodybuilders.

I think GSP said in an article a few months ago that he one arm DB snatches 70lbsx3...GSP I'm not impressed by your performance.
    www.WLForums.com

Strength Sports for Life C Project's Avatar
    C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hello all.
    Moved Squat, Bench, and Deadlift to Yoke, Log, and Stones.

Hello all..

guyss, I need the Bisping clip, the one they made a song about him making fun of him. , right before the Henderson fght...... plss hurry

C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WishmasterATM View Post
    guyss, I need the Bisping clip, the one they made a song about him making fun of him. , right before the Henderson fght...... plss hurry
    Bisping Island? or Bisping Isle?

Rofl.

LBM does not directly correlate to strength. Hence why power lifters are stronger than bodybuilders.

I think GSP said in an article a few months ago that he one arm DB snatches 70lbsx3...GSP I'm not impressed by your performance.
    How much does Fodor DB snatch?

Don't know, but he's pretty ****ing explosive, so I'm going to guess it's more than GSP. Either way I figurd GSP would blow me away in terms of strength and power, but 70lbs is nothing but a peanut to me.
    www.WLForums.com

I'd say roughly anywhere from 220 to 335 pounds.

And hey, when I start my multi billion dollar production line, I'll need a good Accountant to keep the books. Plan on moving in about five years or so?

Don't know, but he's pretty ****ing explosive, so I'm going to guess it's more than GSP. Either way I figurd GSP would blow me away in terms of strength and power, but 70lbs is nothing but a peanut to me.
    A snatch is more of a power move than a strength move. GSP be might not be as explosive or powerful than Fodor, but he may have more raw strength in other lifts. Who knows.

Originally Posted by C Project View Post
    I'd say roughly anywhere from 220 to 335 pounds.
    I was thinking he probably 1 arm snatches barbells with 405 loaded on them.

And hey, when I start my multi billion dollar production line, I'll need a good Accountant to keep the books. Plan on moving in about five years or so?
    Yup.

A snatch is more of a power move than a strength move. GSP be might not be as explosive or powerful than Fodor, but he may have more raw strength in other lifts. Who knows.
    Agreed, but I'd say in MMA power>strength anyway.
    www.WLForums.com