Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    LOL yea that shhh was one of the worst pre WO I have ever tried. I took some free sample of the tablets before HIIT, and I felt like death the entire time and I laid down in the floor thinking I was having a heart attack. I was also thinking of ways I could sue them, but I felt find 2 hours later unfort LOL. I have puked 2-3x back in the day, some guy who trained balls to wall trained me when I first started and we would do power days on legs with giant sets of squats, leg press, and hacksquat heavy weights. We would do 4-5 sets and I would puke about each time and sick the rest.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Can't believe I've missed this log! I'm subbed and will be following!
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I hope to get a good lower session groove going, upper body sessions have been money, but cannot get the groove yet lower body. I feel like my flat bench is easily 300+ at this point, so this Saturday I will test it during my max effort phase as I will be training with some powerlifters, gonna get fired up!!! Max effort squats tomorrow, gonna see how easy 405 is for a rep or two to get started on day 1

BB Bench
    135x10
    185x10,10
    225x10,10,10,10

Incline BB
    185x10,10,10,12

Flat DB Bench
    60x15,15,15,15

Db FLies
    25x15,15,15,15

WOrkout was kept light light since this my volume day, but I am looking forward to the max effort work. I know these days probably bring the growth are going to be 95% of my focus, but I cannot pass the heavy work lol. I also done about 25 sets of arm volume work, ranging in the 12-15 rep range on most lifts. GOtta get these arms HUGE!!!

Originally Posted by chuckles_345 View Post
    Can't believe I've missed this log! I'm subbed and will be following!
    Great to have you my dude. I always enjoy reading how hard you work in your journals, tracking macros to a "T" even for Thanksgiving dinner. When my girlfriend and I are finally at our own living situation I plan to do this as well, but very hard when visitng 2-3 houses so I try to control. I also love how much strength you have gained while minimal gain post contest, which is mostly waterI bet LOL. I plan on working with Mike in the future when I am ready for some amazing strength gains but I am regaining most of mine back the best I can by myself, and then when Christmas is over and money is not used as much then I for sure am going to step up the game to bring PR's like you have.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im seeing some big gains in here B. Must be taht cookie butter

remember to remind me before the arnold ill bring you about 10 jars of it.

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    I hope to get a good lower session groove going, upper body sessions have been money, but cannot get the groove yet lower body. I feel like my flat bench is easily 300+ at this point, so this Saturday I will test it during my max effort phase as I will be training with some powerlifters, gonna get fired up!!! Max effort squats tomorrow, gonna see how easy 405 is for a rep or two to get started on day 1

BB Bench
    135x10
    185x10,10
    225x10,10,10,10

Incline BB
    185x10,10,10,12

Flat DB Bench
    60x15,15,15,15

Db FLies
    25x15,15,15,15

WOrkout was kept light light since this my volume day, but I am looking forward to the max effort work. I know these days probably bring the growth are going to be 95% of my focus, but I cannot pass the heavy work lol. I also done about 25 sets of arm volume work, ranging in the 12-15 rep range on most lifts. GOtta get these arms HUGE!!!

Great to have you my dude. I always enjoy reading how hard you work in your journals, tracking macros to a "T" even for Thanksgiving dinner. When my girlfriend and I are finally at our own living situation I plan to do this as well, but very hard when visitng 2-3 houses so I try to control. I also love how much strength you have gained while minimal gain post contest, which is mostly waterI bet LOL. I plan on working with Mike in the future when I am ready for some amazing strength gains but I am regaining most of mine back the best I can by myself, and then when Christmas is over and money is not used as much then I for sure am going to step up the game to bring PR's like you have.

It is going to be scary how much weight you are going to move if/when you start working with Mike. Just shoot him a message on ******** and tell him I sent you and he will work his magic.
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Interested to see what techniques are employed to boost that bench to 405.
    Magnum Nutraceuticals BB.com Forum Manager & Lead Sales Representative
    Better Ingredients, Better Results
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM

Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    His high frequency on whatever program he has run has shown his best gains.. Dont fix what aint broken Brandon. Keep killing it and being consistent.

Tonight I found my groove for leg training. I found a new gym, my style of gym, great setting, mood was just right with the loud music not coming from my own headphones. I will continue to use this "weight room" 2x during the week to get away from some of the goons at my local rec center!!!

BB Squats
    135x10.10
    185x5
    225x5
    275x5
    315x5
    365x3

405x5,5,5
    Moneyyy, I think the RPE for each of these were around 7.5 and the last one around 8.5. It was a new gym and setup so I did not want to push the weights, and to just hit multiple sets. When I build up some friendship here spotters and such will come.

Paused Squats
    275x6,6,6

Sumo Deadlifts
    315x5,5,5,5,5

Leg Extensions
    110x12,12,12,12,12

Lying Leg Curls
    120x10,10,10,10

I will check my lifting percentages but based on a 5 rep max I would say the max is around 450-475....If I am peaked I gaurantea a 500 raw squat currently. I did 545 during prep in May, I think I could do that again with knee wraps if like I said, peaked!!! I could have pushed but no spot and new gym, but form over everything and volume for growth while building strength

Post workout indulgences, Gingerbread Load with peanut butter..Shhh smelled and tasted GREAT

If anybody wants to watch an insanely funny VLOG that is not a serious VLOG and just shows a little humerous side of me, then enjoy this

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Im seeing some big gains in here B. Must be taht cookie butter

remember to remind me before the arnold ill bring you about 10 jars of it.
    Lol that cookie butter is the ISH, 10 jars Oh lawddd...I thought we were eating out 4x a day bro, that cookie butter may get me huge lol

Originally Posted by chuckles_345 View Post
    It is going to be scary how much weight you are going to move if/when you start working with Mike. Just shoot him a message on ******** and tell him I sent you and he will work his magic.
    I would like to see some Layne Norton numbers, especially deadlift..Everything else I believe I can reach given proper training and injury prevention. I will for sure do that man, I will get in touch at the beginning of the year. I think have an offseason training guru is probably even more beneficial than a contest prep coach as offseason can sometimes get stale over time.

Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    I have hit over 350 paused my last offseason. I seem to be very unstructured for benching, but I have always worked hard to yield the results with it. I implemented A LOT of sheiko and I was always able to hit 315 at any given time during my offseason. I do however plan to just get my groove back benching, as I have done only Incline the past 4 weeks and I got 300x1 rather smooth, maybe 8.5 on the RPE scale.

I always wanted to run smolov jr for bench since I never got around to it during my last offseason, maybe when I can reach that 350-365 bench I will implement it. I don't want my full focus on strength as I have mentioned, and I have the tendency to worry about what my numbers look like. I am going to try and change my mind set and try to worry about what my 2-5 rep max is rather than 1rep maxes, only until meet time.

His high frequency on whatever program he has run has shown his best gains.. Dont fix what aint broken Brandon. Keep killing it and being consistent.
    Exactly, it has yielded the best results. Guys at the gym ask me why I bench with around 185-225 when I can do much more and I only tell them to get stronger you do not always have to lift heavy. When I hit 365 I don't think I ever went over 275 for a few singles for about2 months, lol.

Size over everything though, some level of strength has always stuck around for me, size not so much.
    Last edited by Frankdaddy; 12-04-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are an absolute animal. I can't believe how strong you are. A frigen ox.

You gonna focus on powerlifting for a while and crush some meets or what?!

(will watch vlog when I get to work)
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    You are an absolute animal. I can't believe how strong you are. A frigen ox.

You gonna focus on powerlifting for a while and crush some meets or what?!

(will watch vlog when I get to work)
    A big goal is to not focus on powerlifting, but just to get stronger as I increase volume. I have been a lot stronger so I know the muscle memory/strength will come back as it has the past 1.5 months. I just want to grow grow grow and the use the weights more for that then I have ever before, thats why I stayed with a multiple sets on squats instead of letting the ego take over when I was feeling really good
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

So Tuesday I must have injured my quad tendon because I woke up Wednesday morning about in tears. I could barely get up and down my stairs. I am not very sure why It took all evening until the next morning before I felt an injury. I have been icing it as I have either just over used the area, which is from doing 3 intervals per week since April, and it's feeling a tad bit better this evening, swelling is a small amount, and the Ibprofun is keeping it down. No more squat movement this week, but I will perform glute/ham focus, which is not a bad idea for me anyways. I guess just the blast of extra weight, overuse with cardio, and just squatting 2 days a part and have been for years now, even though the weight was easy my body was just not ready for it I suppose.

On torwards tonights workout, mostly just a bro session of back/delts. I have decided to officially work every bodypart in some way, gotta bring overall size to the stage one day!!!

T-Bar Rows
    4px10,10,10,10

Bb Row
    225x8,8,8,10

Chest Supported Rows
    90x15,15

DB Pullovers
    65x15,15,15

BTB BB Shrugs
    225x12,12,12

BB Military Press
    135x8,8,8,8

SIde DB Laterals
    15x12,12,12,12

I also done various bicep exercises. I saved some tricep work open for Saturday with a group of powerlifters I am training with. Should be fun!
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Way to keep grindin.

My leg is feeinga bit better each day. If it still hurts next week then I may take a full 2 weeks from squatting to recover up and focus on some more deadlifts and leg accessories. I have not stopped squatting in some fashion since last January, so I needed it I suppose. The workout tonight just does not ever feel "serious" when I can't squat, but I got the mindset going to hit it hard regardless as squats do not develop everything

Good Mornings
    135x15,15
    225x10
    275x10,10,10

THese were easy as normal. Just wanted to focus on the stretch and good hip drive with some reptition work, normally I focused on power reps here.

Glute/Ha Raises
    35x10
    25x10,10,10

Leg Curls
    110x12,12,12,12

Leg Extensions
    120x15,15,15,15,15

Hip Add/Abductor SS
    4 sets of 15-20

Seated Calves
    4 sets of 10

Standing Calve Raises
    315x10,10,10,10

Tomorrow will be my first day of Max Effort on bench press, should be fun with a group of powerlifters that I am training with in the AM
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

rather easy session. Bench felt about how I thought it would. Not bad for only inclines for a month or so

Pause Bench press
    135x10,10
    185x5,5
    225x3,3
    275x3
    305x2
    315x2
    225x6.6.6

Incline BB
    75x12,12,12,12

Db flies
    30x12.12.12

I also hit various triceps exercises. Prob around 10-12 sets in the 12-15 range. Feeling pretty good, recouping well while raising cals slowly.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What are your bodyweight and cals at? I'm at 168.6 and 2400 cals/day now.

Originally Posted by triplewhammy View Post
    What are your bodyweight and cals at? I'm at 168.6 and 2400 cals/day now.
    I am a little over 190 and my cals are around 2900 I believe. Macros are 65g fat, 350g carbs, and 250g protein. With my knee irritating me I wwent ahead and cut out cardio since Tuesday, but I am starting back some HIIT tomorrow 2x per week. I dont want to make a macro change by cutting it out 100% each week, just yet. I get fat by cutting out cardio a lot.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

I am a little over 190 and my cals are around 2900 I believe. Macros are 65g fat, 350g carbs, and 250g protein. With my knee irritating me I wwent ahead and cut out cardio since Tuesday, but I am starting back some HIIT tomorrow 2x per week. I dont want to make a macro change by cutting it out 100% each week, just yet. I get fat by cutting out cardio a lot.
    I hear you. Sounds like a good idea to keep it around for awhile.

I hear you. Sounds like a good idea to keep it around for awhile.
    I am sorry I meant to say 200. Yea I am going to keep cardio in year round, and weekly. I have had my best strength gains by keeping cardio in but I will be using cardio as GPP for strength and endurance, especially now that I cant sled drag too much outside from the cold weather interfering I think it will help me in many ways as long as I keep a balance and still gain slowly with it. I have many small goals like the 405 bench like that, 600 raw squat, and above 600+ deadlift, but I want to stay in good shape and health as far as aerobic ability. I am doing like 25 sets of arm exercises 2x per week, gotta get these arms to grow!!!
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

I am sorry I meant to say 200. Yea I am going to keep cardio in year round, and weekly. I have had my best strength gains by keeping cardio in but I will be using cardio as GPP for strength and endurance, especially now that I cant sled drag too much outside from the cold weather interfering I think it will help me in many ways as long as I keep a balance and still gain slowly with it. I have many small goals like the 405 bench like that, 600 raw squat, and above 600+ deadlift, but I want to stay in good shape and health as far as aerobic ability. I am doing like 25 sets of arm exercises 2x per week, gotta get these arms to grow!!!
    Yeah I am in a similar boat. Going for a 405 bench this offseason. I hear you on the arm sessions, gotta build mine too. Unlike you though, I need more work on my Legs! I will definitely keep cardio around for awhile but I think at some point I need to drop it only because my weight will probably plateau plus it will give me another day of rest/recovery. On top of that, it seems like if I were to do cardio year-round then I would have nothing new to add for contest prep...

P.S. Love that accent...good stuff haha!

Yeah I am in a similar boat. Going for a 405 bench this offseason. I hear you on the arm sessions, gotta build mine too. Unlike you though, I need more work on my Legs! I will definitely keep cardio around for awhile but I think at some point I need to drop it only because my weight will probably plateau plus it will give me another day of rest/recovery. On top of that, it seems like if I were to do cardio year-round then I would have nothing new to add for contest prep...

P.S. Love that accent...good stuff haha!
    Good point, I have thought of this also, but I just get way too heavy in the offseason without trying. I could look at a doughnut and gain weight LOL. I do plan to not compete again for a long time, if I ever do again. I did not fall out of love with it, but I have wasted 3 years worth of the 6 years I have been training dieting to lower body fat. I think I need to start over and re-do this past 6 years, but without dieting, focusing on competition in a bodybuilding form. I really do not want to do it, but I do not grow like a weed genetically. So back to the cardio, I plan to keep it year round atleast 1 time per week because of GPP, which is general physical preparation. A lot of powerlifters like to keep it, but I think everybody who lives should live by it. It helps a person be able to perform longer tasks at hand without becoming gassed, such as cardio does. I like it in the form of sled dragging, car pushes, burpess, etc... Kind of like a guy carrying brick all day, 12 hr shifts, and he has to do it. I look at GPP like this, but purposely because my job is 95% sedentary sitting on my rum all day, I go lift for 1-2hrs and then I come home and sit on my butt all evening watching tv. I have to continue some GPP protocols or I just become lazy on a daily basis, and many people have this problem that causes them to be lazy. That is why I will keep some form of "cardio" or as I like to call it GPP.

The accent is super strong apparently, but I purposely made it a tad bit worse for video pleasure to be funny I got bored a lot sitting on my couch furing contest prep.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Speaking of Cardio and doughnuts.. that was one of the first words out of your mouth after we had those at your show

I went to do some intervals about 1am also, primed me well for a busy Sunday of eats

On that note I am in pretty great control of food now, in fact my crazy taste of food has dismissed lately, but with my strong appetite I still eat plenty of loafs, pancakes, cakes, doughnuts, cobblers, ice cream, and many more bodybuilding foods.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

I went to do some intervals about 1am also, primed me well for a busy Sunday of eats

On that note I am in pretty great control of food now, in fact my crazy taste of food has dismissed lately, but with my strong appetite I still eat plenty of loafs, pancakes, cakes, doughnuts, cobblers, ice cream, and many more bodybuilding foods.
    I may or may not have had a few Christmas treats the past couple of days...

I may or may not have had a few Christmas treats the past couple of days...
    The thing to remember this time of year is we are going to eat the food, and it will be hard to fight temptations. What I enjoy doing during these holidays and posible vacations to where I cannot control meal planning is focus soley on my protein intake in whatever way possible and just enjoy 3-4 treats during each of them meals, and maybe one actualy treat treat. My issue post contest was I was wanting all my macros + avoid counting the much extra snacks I was consuming like they never happened LOL. I wish I would have fought harder during that 1.5 week, but it wasnt as bad as ive heard of some guys, but it was the worst I have felt post contest with a lot of mixed emotions. In the end I know the ins&outs of getting leaner, and recomping mid offseason so somewhere a long the lines I will know how to get where I need to be, just might alter the route occasionally

I am glad I am speaking about all of this, really keeps me focused on the goal in mind when it fades away accidentally for most.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

The thing to remember this time of year is we are going to eat the food, and it will be hard to fight temptations. What I enjoy doing during these holidays and posible vacations to where I cannot control meal planning is focus soley on my protein intake in whatever way possible and just enjoy 3-4 treats during each of them meals, and maybe one actualy treat treat. My issue post contest was I was wanting all my macros + avoid counting the much extra snacks I was consuming like they never happened LOL. I wish I would have fought harder during that 1.5 week, but it wasnt as bad as ive heard of some guys, but it was the worst I have felt post contest with a lot of mixed emotions. In the end I know the ins&outs of getting leaner, and recomping mid offseason so somewhere a long the lines I will know how to get where I need to be, just might alter the route occasionally

I am glad I am speaking about all of this, really keeps me focused on the goal in mind when it fades away accidentally for most.
    No doubt. Overall you will be fine just may have to work a bit harder during the next contest prep. I'm doing alright but I will probably be up 10 lbs in 4 weeks as of this coming Saturday vs. up 12 lbs in a week after my 2010 show hahaha!

Grow day today, plenty of volume. Shoulders were PUMPED even though it was chest haha. If my knee was not bothering me I would have pushed upper body one more day and hit legs today, but my knee is slowly easing up so I wanted one more day to relax the knee before I done any more leg sessions. I am going to refrain from anymore squatting exercises this week and just call it a 2 week deload from squats. My squat improves by doing it, so health is where it's at for me, unfort for me it's my favorite lift, and I would do every everyday if I could handle it. Today I felt good though, pump in my chest/arms were GREAT. I was getting some compliments from a few friends who have not seen me in a week or two, about putting on lean size and looking to out of shape. I am so needing some cardio activity because I just feel unhealthy not moving very much.

BB Bench
    135x10
    185x10,10,10,10,10

Incline BB
    185x10,10,10,10

DB Press
    75x12,12,12,12
    85x12

Cable Flies
    40x15,15,15,15,15

I also done various bicep/tricep exercises. I hit about 30 sets combined, couple hundred repititions once I finished. TOmorrow will consist of a lot of deadlifts and good mornings for a power session

No doubt. Overall you will be fine just may have to work a bit harder during the next contest prep. I'm doing alright but I will probably be up 10 lbs in 4 weeks as of this coming Saturday vs. up 12 lbs in a week after my 2010 show hahaha!
    Lol ehh my last prep sucked and I worked my tail off in the offseason to maintain body comp, wasted a few moments where I could've enjoy with the family or friends.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Sort of bummed about my personal decision to refrain from squatting for a few weeks. My knee feels better by each day, but I am taking it as a hint that my cartilage in my knee is probably wasteing away after doing 100+ squat sessions in the past year. I am going to focus on my much needed hamstring thickness, glutes, hipp adductor and abductors. I have decent genetics for a good hammie hang on the side shots but I lack thickness from the back. Todays session was surprisingly STRONG, and I plan to reach some good numbers here. My main focus for GOod mornings is a 5x5 pyramid scheme, and a deadlift progression for the next 12 weeks where I stick to the tempo below, but up the weight periodically.

Paused Good Mornings (no rack)
    135x10
    185x5
    225x5
    275x5
    295x5
    315x8,8

These felt so easy I decided to just go to 8 and pause at the bottom of each rep. I will get to the 5x5 100% next week as I am getting form down right now and focus on a good pump.

Sumo Deadlift, beltless
    225x5
    345x4,4,4,4
    405x2,2

LEg Extensions
    5 sets of 10

Leg Curls
    120x10,10,10,10,10

Cannot wait to get back to squats, but getting stronger first is a must
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Me and you will be back to squatting about the same time after my week off of lifting. Just dont embarass my punk ass with squatting my max for about 15 reps

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just got caught up real quick, things are looking on point buddy! Thanks for Repping TSG as well!
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

Me and you will be back to squatting about the same time after my week off of lifting. Just dont embarass my punk ass with squatting my max for about 15 reps
    My squats felt superb the other night, but things happen. I feel a 600lb raw squat given I stay healthy with squats. I am going to try and take 1-2 weeks off every 3 months with squats. Much better to halt progress on purpose rather than get injured for another year or two like my last offseason.

Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    Just got caught up real quick, things are looking on point buddy! Thanks for Repping TSG as well!
    Strength is feeling pretty well, I feel like everything is not at it's strongest on paper, but performance the muscle connection, pumps, and focus is the best it has been in a long time. Since my knee was tender I cut the cardio out to let it recover, but I am introducing it back this week now that the initial pain is gone, and I can start re-habing the situation slowly. I may use a knee sleeve or wrap on my left knee when I do squat, but other than that I believe things are going rather smooth and as expected.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0