Closed Thread
Page 159 of 326 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,770 of 9755
    lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by RMBros View Post
    Like I said earlier, I agree with HairyScan., it feels way colder in TX when it/if it gets down below freezing. No trouble at all with shirt sleeves down past 0 up in CO.Some people's idiocy makes mine seem so minor.
    Belive me, I know how cold a humid cold is and it chills you to the bone. I was in Savannah, GA for their annual St Patricks day rugby tournament a while back and it was 35 degrees out. I figured I wouldn't need a jacket because I was acclimated. I damn near froze my arctic titties off.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    I've heard them called toboggan caps down here - we're pretty clueless on anything cold-weather related.

Related to cold-weather gear - it was pretty common to see flip-flops out even when there was snow on the ground up in Boulder, but that could have something to do with the amount of weed that gets smoked there.

Like I said earlier, I agree with HairyScan., it feels way colder in TX when it/if it gets down below freezing. No trouble at all with shirt sleeves down past 0 up in CO.

And, speaking of losing toes to the weather, I was searching for some tips about barefoot running in cold weather and ran across this site: http://www.barefootrunner.org/winter/winter.htm

The guy ran barefoot on 15 different days when the weather was -20 F or lower in 2009.

Some people's idiocy makes mine seem so minor.

Here's a nice pic of the results of his early attempts at cold-weather running:

That was 2004 or 05 - says he learned not to run BF when the snow is too deep (over 9" - I think) or run through puddles when the temp is 10 or below......I think he said he "rarely" gets frostbite now - that's just too much craziness for me.

There is definitely a cold tolerance effect.

In fact you can tell an avid ice fisherman from a novice, because a novice spends the month of November hiding indoors with the heat up. While the avid ice fisherman finds an excuse to stand outside in a T-shirt to get his cold toughness built back up.

I've had ice trips where a cold front slammed in taking 20-30 degree highs and turning them in 0 degree highs... We all started out on day one wrapped up like your mom was sending you to winter camp. By day 3 everyone is wandering around outside in light sweatshirt handling metal barehanded.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    How many times have I told you not to slide your truck sideways into the grill of another vehicle?

Seriously though... Everything okay medically speaking?

How'd it happen?
    Dude just slammed right in to me. His fault and he admitted on police report. Pic on FB.

Yes I'm fine.

4200 dollars damage.
    Psalm 121

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fitnessman View Post
    Dude just slammed right in to me. His fault and he admitted on police report. Pic on FB.

Yes I'm fine.

4200 dollars damage.
    Ah, the old classic run through a light or stop sign eh.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz

Yes I'm fine.

4200 dollars damage.
    Yeah I saw that... At least you're good and it was passenger side door. The next time Barb comes up to visit she'll just have to ride around in the box. She'll be fine with that right?
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz

In fact you can tell an avid ice fisherman from a novice, because a novice spends the month of November hiding indoors with the heat up. While the avid ice fisherman finds an excuse to stand outside in a T-shirt to get his cold toughness built back up.
    HAHAHAHA. If I had a dollar for every time my wife has heard me say "I'm getting ready for ice fishing" when I'm having a beer out on the deck in a shorts and t shirt on a balmy 40 degree September night, I'd be able to make it rain at the nudie bar.

If I had another dollar for every time my wife has heard me say "We're making ice!" when the temps drop anywhere near 50 degrees in July or August, I'd own the damn nudie bar.

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Ah, the old classic run through a light or stop sign eh.
    About a year ago I was playing fast and loose driving across a semi empty parkinglot at the mall... And my buddy was busting my balls the whole way about how I was gonna get T-boned.

We were all good, but I knew he was right.

The next day he had to drive through the same parking lot, having seen me do it, he drove across the empty lanes, came to an area where the parking had gotten thicker and he got T-boned.

It was a complete reversal... I learned the lesson and he got nailed!
    6'4"

Ya can't see myself buying another Ford product. Toyota next time around.

Yes I'm fine.

4200 dollars damage.
    So you might be sitting in a Tundra sooner than later, huh. There's still time to get one of those last Rangers coming off the line.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    HAHAHAHA. If I had a dollar for every time my wife has heard me say "I'm getting ready for ice fishing" when I'm having a beer out on the deck in a shorts and t shirt on a balmy 40 degree September night, I'd be able to make it rain at the nudie bar.

If I had another dollar for every time my wife has heard me say "We're making ice!" when the temps drop anywhere near 50 degrees in July or August, I'd own the damn nudie bar.
    Yeah it's the same thing with Layering...

When dragging out, you can always tell the novice from the avid ice fisherman. The Novice bundles up to high hell so that only his eyes are peaking out. The Avid ice fisherman is in good hat, spare gloves and warm boots, wearing a modest sweatshirt for the drag out.

Two miles later go to set the house up and the Avid is dry and warm. The Novice is soaked in sweat and freezing his balls off.

I always get a crack out of the newbie guys I take out where I say "Just do what I do." And they cop an attitude "Nah-uh... I'm totally smart, and googled up a bunch of stuff on the internet, you're not the boss of me."

Then they're miserable all day... Because apparently they haven't figured out that Experience > You've got an app for that.
    6'4"

RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I've had ice trips where a cold front slammed in taking 20-30 degree highs and turning them in 0 degree highs... We all started out on day one wrapped up like your mom was sending you to winter camp. By day 3 everyone is wandering around outside in light sweatshirt handling metal barehanded.
    Same thing at the opposite end of the spectrum here - build your heat tolerance or melt during the summer.

People looked at me like I was crazy when I went and ran when it was 108 - how the Hell was I supposed to play a beach volleyball tournament in that same heat if I didn't get used to it?

That said, F-ing hot on the sand - 120 I've heard, never measured because I didn't really want to see how stupid I was.
    No shoes, no shirt, and I still get service.

Same thing at the opposite end of the spectrum here - build your heat tolerance or melt during the summer.

People looked at me like I was crazy when I went and ran when it was 108 - how the Hell was I supposed to play a beach volleyball tournament in that same heat if I didn't get used to it?

That said, F-ing hot on the sand - 120 I've heard, never measured because I didn't really want to see how stupid I was.
    Haha. A few years ago I was having trouble cutting weight for a strongman contest (the promoter made up his own weight class, so I had to cut to 215) and I decided it would be a good idea to go for a long run in a sweatshirt . . . in 95 degree weather.

Not my brightest idea ever. I'm lucky I made it back home.

Yeeee Haww!!!! Just closed one months worth of bills in commissions in 24 hours flat!

I could stop working right now let the checks roll in and all my bills would be covered to May 1st!

Or I could like... Get this tooth fixed... Pay off the last little bit I owe on the truck, take the wife out to dinner, get my oil changed...
    6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Glad you're OK bro. Now M has teh POX, FML!!

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tis the season for sicknesses going around. Heard on the radio yesterday that there is a new strain of flu they are calling H1N2. Fuuuuuu..........

Luckily I keep my body so toxic germs can't survive...........
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Tis the season for sicknesses going around. Heard on the radio yesterday that there is a new strain of flu they are calling H1N2. Fuuuuuu..........

Luckily I keep my body so toxic germs can't survive...........
    I often wonder about the virus and bacteria-fighting benefits of binge drinking - over a certain BAC, it has to be hard for those bastards to live.

When drinking was a hobby, I didn't see to get sick so often (from viruses, at least), but now that I'm an upstanding citizen and Dad, I get sick every time the kids do.

Either I have to start drinking again or they have to start.

I often wonder about the virus and bacteria-fighting benefits of binge drinking - over a certain BAC, it has to be hard for those bastards to live.

When drinking was a hobby, I didn't see to get sick so often (from viruses, at least), but now that I'm an upstanding citizen and Dad, I get sick every time the kids do.

Either I have to start drinking again or they have to start.
    Nah... The BAC you have to get to is like 3% or something crazy like that... You'll pretty much pass out at .38%.

Kids just bring more germs to you...

Since I started working from home I have yet to get a full on crippling death flu... I'll get little sinus infections and such, stuff related to being out in the elements.

When I worked in an office and people were bringing in all the stuff their kids were bringing home to them I was getting a death flu twice a year... Usually one in the late summer and one in the winter/early spring.
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nah... The BAC you have to get to is like 3% or something crazy like that... You'll pretty much pass out at .38%.

Since I started working from home I have yet to get a full on crippling death flu... I'll get little sinus infections and such, stuff related to being out in the elements.

When I worked in an office and people were bringing in all the stuff their kids were bringing home to them I was getting a death flu twice a year... Usually one in the late summer and one in the winter/early spring.
    Definitely exposure to other people increases your risk of getting a nasty bug. I think we don't realize as a human race how fortunate we are that none of the flu viruses that have gone around are especially virulent (like ebola or similar) otherwise the combination of high mortality with high contagion quality would decimate the population.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    Definitely exposure to other people increases your risk of getting a nasty bug. I think we don't realize as a human race how fortunate we are that none of the flu viruses that have gone around are especially virulent (like ebola or similar) otherwise the combination of high mortality with high contagion quality would decimate the population.
    It's only a matter of time, and with our population densities rising that stuff will spread just as rapidly as the common flu.

Yeah it's shocking that we haven't had an event like 1918 pandemic again... Pig Flu wasn't really on the same scale etc...

But stuff like Ebola is a hemmoragic virus... Completely different shape and type than influenza and a different transmission type. You can't really get a cross between the two unless it's man made etc... In nature the two crossing would be like a Lion and a Horse mating... You're not going to get a Lorse or a Hion anytime soon.

For my money it's going to be another pandemic influenza that's worth worrying about in our lifetimes.
    6'4"

I'm not going to swear I didn't reach .3 levels, but that's a ton of alcohol.

I knew it was the dirty little rug monkeys bringing stuff home, but I was looking for an excuse to start drinking again (not srs).

Can't wait until the littlest one is in second or third grade and has some concept of hygiene - medical budget for the fam will go down for sure.

I've managed to avoid my twice-yearly sinus infections thus far - could be a result of balloon sinuplasty I had about 3 yrs back. Before that, I tended to get sinus infections at the beginning of Spring and Fall. Tons of allergy problems this year though - it was a bad year in TX, from what I hear.

I haven't had a death flu for a while - ended up in the ER, severely dehydrated the last time I had one and I don't need to repeat that.

I'm like you guys, I expect a really nasty flu-like virus to hit us as hard as they thought Bird Flu was going to.

Overpopulation tends to manage itself, given time.

I'm not going to swear I didn't reach .3 levels, but that's a ton of alcohol.

I knew it was the dirty little rug monkeys bringing stuff home, but I was looking for an excuse to start drinking again (not srs).

Can't wait until the littlest one is in second or third grade and has some concept of hygiene - medical budget for the fam will go down for sure.

I've managed to avoid my twice-yearly sinus infections thus far - could be a result of balloon sinuplasty I had about 3 yrs back. Before that, I tended to get sinus infections at the beginning of Spring and Fall. Tons of allergy problems this year though - it was a bad year in TX, from what I hear.

I haven't had a death flu for a while - ended up in the ER, severely dehydrated the last time I had one and I don't need to repeat that.

I'm like you guys, I expect a really nasty flu-like virus to hit us as hard as they thought Bird Flu was going to.

Overpopulation tends to manage itself, given time.
    True... As human beings we tend to think that because we can log onto the internet and microwave a cup of coffee that we are above the natural cycles. But at the end of the day it's still just thinking of what I call "Arrogant Stardust."

I used to get horrendous sinus infections when I was younger... then for years I didn't get any. But in the last 12 months or so I've had four or five. Seems to be related to dryness in the air.
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah it's shocking that we haven't had an event like 1918 pandemic again... Pig Flu wasn't really on the same scale etc...

But stuff like Ebola is a hemmoragic virus... Completely different shape and type than influenza and a different transmission type. You can't really get a cross between the two unless it's man made etc... In nature the two crossing would be like a Lion and a Horse mating... You're not going to get a Lorse or a Hion anytime soon.

For my money it's going to be another pandemic influenza that's worth worrying about in our lifetimes.
    Agreed, but simply comparing the mortality rate of ebola with the highly communicable nature of the common cold virus.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Agreed, but simply comparing the mortality rate of ebola with the highly communicable nature of the common cold virus.
    The thing that makes Ebola so epic and famous is related to how it's communicated in that part of the world. Hemmoragic Viruses are bad and there's more than just Ebola. It's just e-bola is transmitted through exchange of bodily fluids. It's the poor sanitation in those parts of the world that allow Ebola to transmit into larger populations.

There Hemmoragic Viruses in North American now. (They're everywhere in the world) but they are kept from breaking out into Epidemic proportions because (For now) we have the kind of sanitation and infrastructure that keeps them in check. When Civilization falls in the western hemisphere THEN they'll be able to get out.

The real fear is another runaway influenza like 1918 spanish flu. It wasn't even the Virus that was the issue in the 1918 it was how the body reacted to the Virus. The virus made the immune system macro****es turn on the body.

Like how you get a sore throat when you're first getting sick is caused by Macro****e cells coming through and destroying infected cells. The goal is to buy the immune system time to figure out the protein sheath of the Virus and generate the appropriate T-Cells.

In the 1918, it caused the Macro****es to go off on a wild rampage and the body attacked itself. That's why it killed more strong adults than weak children and old people... Because the young adults had the stronger immune system, so their bodies turned on them faster and stronger.
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha, dumb co-worker is dumb. NEVER say how horrible a woman's sweater is unless you're sure she's entering the ugly sweater contest!

in omnia paratus

Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Haha, dumb co-worker is dumb. NEVER say how horrible a woman's sweater is unless you're sure she's entering the ugly sweater contest!
    That's nothing... About 2 years ago my wife put on a whole bunch of weight very quickly and she hadn't seen my Mom in like 3-4 months. We go over for a family get-together and my Mom says "Oh Nainoa never told me you were pregnant! Congratulations!" And she gave my wife a big hug.

Wife was NOT pregnant!!!!

About 6 weeks later my wife finally accepted that she needed to take responsibility for her eating and inactivity and she's been working out and looks better now than the day we were married.

But I really kept my head down for that six weeks!
    6'4"

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    - 1918 Spanish flu: This pandemic may have been the deadliest outbreak ever, with experts estimating that it killed between 20 to 50 million people worldwide. It apparently began in the United States, but attracted attention when it started having a big impact in Spain.

- 1957 Asian flu: This new strain was identified in China and caused two waves of illness, the first hitting primarily children while the second mostly affected the elderly. In all, about 2 million people died around the world.

- 1968 Hong Kong flu: This pandemic spread globally over two years from Hong Kong, having its biggest effect on the elderly. It killed about 1 million people.

We are due for a humdinger.
    Psalm 121

Good lord this has been a long week. 4 days next week, then 11 days of glorious paid time off for the holidays!

in omnia paratus

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The thing that makes Ebola so epic and famous is related to how it's communicated in that part of the world. Hemmoragic Viruses are bad and there's more than just Ebola. It's just e-bola is transmitted through exchange of bodily fluids. It's the poor sanitation in those parts of the world that allow Ebola to transmit into larger populations.

There Hemmoragic Viruses in North American now. (They're everywhere in the world) but they are kept from breaking out into Epidemic proportions because (For now) we have the kind of sanitation and infrastructure that keeps them in check. When Civilization falls in the western hemisphere THEN they'll be able to get out.

The real fear is another runaway influenza like 1918 spanish flu. It wasn't even the Virus that was the issue in the 1918 it was how the body reacted to the Virus. The virus made the immune system macro****es turn on the body.

Like how you get a sore throat when you're first getting sick is caused by Macro****e cells coming through and destroying infected cells. The goal is to buy the immune system time to figure out the protein sheath of the Virus and generate the appropriate T-Cells.

In the 1918, it caused the Macro****es to go off on a wild rampage and the body attacked itself. That's why it killed more strong adults than weak children and old people... Because the young adults had the stronger immune system, so their bodies turned on them faster and stronger.
    So the key would be to alienate ones self from the population in hopes that you wouldnt catch it?

Ive always had a really good immune system, which if that **** hits wouldnt be worth much
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    - 1918 Spanish flu: This pandemic may have been the deadliest outbreak ever, with experts estimating that it killed between 20 to 50 million people worldwide. It apparently began in the United States, but attracted attention when it started having a big impact in Spain.

- 1957 Asian flu: This new strain was identified in China and caused two waves of illness, the first hitting primarily children while the second mostly affected the elderly. In all, about 2 million people died around the world.

- 1968 Hong Kong flu: This pandemic spread globally over two years from Hong Kong, having its biggest effect on the elderly. It killed about 1 million people.

We are due for a humdinger.
    Speaking of humdinger..

Friend of mine killed a banded Mallard yesterday. First banded bird Ive seen. They only killed 3 ducks and one just so happened to be wearing a bracelet.
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    Speaking of humdinger..

Friend of mine killed a banded Mallard yesterday. First banded bird Ive seen. They only killed 3 ducks and one just so happened to be wearing a bracelet.
    Did he call it in?
    Psalm 121

Closed Thread
Page 159 of 326 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 ... LastLast