AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Fierce 5 while swimming?

So I have been doing the Fierce 5 consistently for just under a year now, and I am benefiting from it. But it's getting warm, and I want to start swimming again. Since I lift 3 days a week (according to the Fierce 5 program), would it be detrimental to my strength building routine by adding in swimming on my off days?

I understand that swimming is great conditioning, but I don't want to interfere with my lifting routine.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Will you be training for the olympics on your rest days or just doing a few laps of breaststroke? Might want to give an idea of what you had in mind.

AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Will you be training for the olympics on your rest days or just doing a few laps of breaststroke? Might want to give an idea of what you had in mind.
    Oh, just spending 30-40 minutes or so of swimming at my gym's infinity pool. I might alternatively do laps at the local pool as well for the same length of time.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think 1-2x/week, at a low intensity, with varying strokes, may actually help your lifting in terms of flexibility, recovery, joints, etc.

Anything more frequent and more intense you'll just have to do by feel, make sure you eat enough and prioritize your goals.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I box on my non-lifting days. Just gloves and a heavy bag. Why? I've encountered one too many intruders in a rental property of mine. So has my wife, but that's another story. What am I supposed to tell the intruder? Let's swim laps? I'd rather give them the wooden shampoo but I'm not always prepared for that.

What I'm saying is pick another activity that could have a secondary benefit for you. Swimming is fine, but just not for me.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I box on my non-lifting days. Just gloves and a heavy bag. Why? I've encountered one too many intruders in a rental property of mine. So has my wife, but that's another story. What am I supposed to tell the intruder? Let's swim laps? I'd rather give them the wooden shampoo but I'm not always prepared for that.

What I'm saying is pick another activity that could have a secondary benefit for you. Swimming is fine, but just not for me.
    Are your rental cottages lakeside? You could throw a dog at them and swim away instead of going 12 rounds.

I think 1-2x/week, at a low intensity, with varying strokes, may actually help your lifting in terms of flexibility, recovery, joints, etc.

Anything more frequent and more intense you'll just have to do by feel, make sure you eat enough and prioritize your goals.
    If I am lifting three days a week, Then what would be the harm for swimming the other 4? How would that change things?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AdamFrostburg View Post
    If I am lifting three days a week, Then what would be the harm for swimming the other 4? How would that change things?
    All exercise imposes a cost - you have limited recovery ability. There is no way to definitively answer this since everyone can tolerate different workloads (and it can change with time) so try it and see.

Be clear about your goals - do you need CV conditioning? How much do you need it? Or are you just trying to drop fat?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    All exercise imposes a cost - you have limited recovery ability. There is no way to definitively answer this since everyone can tolerate different workloads (and it can change with time) so try it and see.

Be clear about your goals - do you need CV conditioning? How much do you need it? Or are you just trying to drop fat?
    Well, I’ve been on a cut. So dropping fat is definitely a goal.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Well, I’ve been on a cut. So dropping fat is definitely a goal.
    That can be done purely by calorie deficit.

If you want to be active on offdays then give it a try - cardio certainly helps me feel a bit better when dieting - but you shouldn't let it make your weight training performance suffer so dial it back if it has an impact.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So I have been doing the Fierce 5 consistently for just under a year now, and I am benefiting from it. But it's getting warm, and I want to start swimming again. Since I lift 3 days a week (according to the Fierce 5 program), would it be detrimental to my strength building routine by adding in swimming on my off days?

I understand that swimming is great conditioning, but I don't want to interfere with my lifting routine.
    swimming at least from experience is very light on the joints and not very demanding on the body in terms of recovery. could even be beneficial for that in some cases. a bit of swimming on your off days is likely not going to be detrimental, even if it is rigorous like swimming laps but if it's too much cut back if you need to.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post

or hit the shooting range, and LARP intruder scenarios every week dressed up as Rambo
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Are your rental cottages lakeside? You could throw a dog at them and swim away instead of going 12 rounds.
    All my rentals are in a refinery town. If I threw a dog at them it would be my luck they would catch it and run away with it. I've had a 32' extension ladder, a riding mower, HDTV, bed, window a/c unit, central a/c unit, grills, etc etc stolen over the years. A detective told me to put my name on everything. I did, in very inconspicuous areas.

Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    or hit the shooting range, and LARP intruder scenarios every week dressed up as Rambo
    I do the former, but not the latter. Got a book on Krav Maga and told my wife to throw a punch at me. I did the maneuver where you trap their throwing arm and put them in a lock. She didn't like that too much and that was the extent of my Krav Maga training.