kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

tanning through sunscreen????

does anyone still tan outdoors but use sunscreen???? I'm an very active outdoor person and use sunscreen but i still get a tan even though i'm reapplying every 2 hrs. Is getting a tan even though you are using sunscreen that bad???

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
    does anyone still tan outdoors but use sunscreen???? I'm an very active outdoor person and use sunscreen but i still get a tan even though i'm reapplying every 2 hrs. Is getting a tan even though you are using sunscreen that bad???
    It depends, do you want to get tan? If not use a higher power sunscreen. I just came back from the caymans, on a dive boat a lot of days and on the beach. I used a #70 sunblock. When I came back, I didn't even look like I'd been on vacation. Only part of me with color was my feet - I got a teva tan.
    National Competitor

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
    I still tan outdoors

No getting a tan is your skins way of protecting itself....Getting burned is very bad though...so it's good that you reapply.
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueShoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I tan through my sunscreen and I'm pretty good about reapplying every 2 hours or so. I use 30. I don't tan as much but by the end of the summer I usually have a noticeable tan and freckles.

pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use 50-75 and still get a mega tan. I've tried Parsol (whatever that is) and the new stuff Altheios (or something like that?).

Actually, I just had the ultraviolet light test "thing" done to my face yesterday at the dermatologist. My scores were in the 88th percentile (have better skin than 88% of people my age), so I think that using the stuff does help.

I try to stay out of the sun the best I can, mostly because I don't like the tan lines. It is a bit difficult though living in FL. I bought some of the sunblocking long sleeve shirts for this spring/summer, but it gets so hot that I won't be comfortable wearing even those for long.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SexyChic View Post
    I still tan outdoors

No getting a tan is your skins way of protecting itself....Getting burned is very bad though...so it's good that you reapply.
    Actually, a tan is a sign of skin damage, regardless of whether you burn or not.
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My derm said that's not necessarily true, but I'll take my chances

**edit** didn't explain myself properly

I tan very quickly and a few minutes in the sun is enough for me to get tan....Being "scared" of the sun is just silly imo since I like the outdoors.

My derm said I have perfect skin so it's not true in my case.
    Last edited by SexyChic; 05-02-2008 at 01:23 PM.
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

** Team Punani Lover ** onehawaiian's Avatar
    onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    set your goal time-wise.
    i see tanning thru sunscreen kinda like laying out on an overcast day, you may not see or feel it, but it's there.
    sometimes with sunscreen ppl fall into a false security of protection, but make no mistake it's still getting thru, just that it takes longer.
    and that's where some ppl get caught... they end up staying longer than normal and getting mild burns.

my advice, set you time goals and trust your sunscreen.
    I use Ejaculoid. I'd prove it to you, but I'm not a homo.

kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i can't really set time limits. i'm outdoors doing stuff all weekend. when i go out in the boat we fish all day. when i surf i'm out all day. i guess i just need to be mindful to keep up with sunscreen reapplication. a lot of my sport activities that i participate in are all day as well.