Page 194 of 330 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 244 294 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,820 of 9897
    DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sarah97 View Post
    As for me I'm 8 weeks in officially (I think? lol). I've found myself feeling bad these past couple of days. I can't stop staring at my thighs in the mirror. And the cellulite...the fcking cellulite. I had such a positive outlook last week, and this week I'm a gloomy goose. I blame PMS. So my plan is to stay out of shorts in the gym so I don't emotionally pick at my cottage cheese in the 360 mirrors, and just use the power of thigh cheese rage to fuel my leg days.
    Yeah, I need to not wear my booty shorts to the gym. I always think they look amazing while I am home and then I step into the gym and see myself(and my cellulite) in all of those mirrors and want to cringe!!!!! I'm blaming it on the lighting - there is just harsh dressing room lighting in there and that's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL I felt so good about myself when I was home this morning and did exactly what you said - obsessed over the cellulite between sets.

I'm sure we notice these things about ourselves more than others do. I'm sure you look great. It's just part of the bulking mindfuk - and PMS probably isn't helping. I however don't have that excuse.

I weighed at my old gym yesterday and was a pound less - at 3:30 in the afternoon. It's possible I was dehydrated but it's also possible the stress is getting to me, or I just need more calories. The thought of eating any more food is quite daunting right now. Abs class was out of control last night - volunteering to demo was a bad idea! LOL I was nauseous all night but did manage to shove all of my calories in despite that. Pure maple syrup in my sweet potatoes has been a life-saver in those situations.

But I'm going to see what happens in the morning when I weigh on the other scale. And then make a final decision as to when I'm going to weigh. Or just say screw it and not weigh at all anymore. I've got another month to bulk and want to make the most of it. If not weighing will be one less thing to worry about, then so be it. I'm getting great complements and I feel strong and I know I've made gains. I'm looking forward to seeing just how much and hope I'm not terribly disappointed.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

FitKateCPT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitKateCPT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitKateCPT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitKateCPT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitKateCPT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitKateCPT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitKateCPT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitKateCPT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitKateCPT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitKateCPT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitKateCPT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    FIRST TIME BULKER!

After some past threads and a possibility of an eating disorder, I have decided that eating 2500+ calories and getting my skinny little frame some meat is the way to go. However, the nature of my job lately has left me often unable to workout consistently. I am going to a therapist on Monday to talk about what's going on with my body and my brain, and I have a feeling I'm going to be instructed not to work out for awhile until my weight gets up a little bit. A break from the gym could be healthy for me in many ways, but...

How do I go on a bulking diet to gain muscle when I'm not able to lift? Should I just focus on getting that weight up and then later worry about the lifting part? I want to gain healthy weight, not flab! At this point, I think my body just needs SOMETHING. Just wondering how to go about it.

Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've read some of your posts. In my personal opinion, bulking is null without lifting. And given your posts here, I think you need to focus on normal, healthy habits. Once your relationship with food and fitness is healthier, then a bulk would be good. If you bulk now though, you risk getting burnt out a lot faster than the average person, creating more unhealthy thoughts and who knows where that would/could lead. That's just my opinion though.

Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    Yeah, I need to not wear my booty shorts to the gym. I always think they look amazing while I am home and then I step into the gym and see myself(and my cellulite) in all of those mirrors and want to cringe!!!!! I'm blaming it on the lighting - there is just harsh dressing room lighting in there and that's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL I felt so good about myself when I was home this morning and did exactly what you said - obsessed over the cellulite between sets.

I'm sure we notice these things about ourselves more than others do. I'm sure you look great. It's just part of the bulking mindfuk - and PMS probably isn't helping. I however don't have that excuse.

I weighed at my old gym yesterday and was a pound less - at 3:30 in the afternoon. It's possible I was dehydrated but it's also possible the stress is getting to me, or I just need more calories. The thought of eating any more food is quite daunting right now. Abs class was out of control last night - volunteering to demo was a bad idea! LOL I was nauseous all night but did manage to shove all of my calories in despite that. Pure maple syrup in my sweet potatoes has been a life-saver in those situations.

But I'm going to see what happens in the morning when I weigh on the other scale. And then make a final decision as to when I'm going to weigh. Or just say screw it and not weigh at all anymore. I've got another month to bulk and want to make the most of it. If not weighing will be one less thing to worry about, then so be it. I'm getting great complements and I feel strong and I know I've made gains. I'm looking forward to seeing just how much and hope I'm not terribly disappointed.
    That's me in the gym LOL. Damn cellulite. Oh well! How did your weigh in go today? I don't know if this is frowned upon, but I don't weigh myself. I go by what I see in the mirror and how my clothes fit. Everything is getting a little tighter in all the right places haha. I don't even own a scale! I never got around to buying one when I got here. I want/need to get one though sometime in the near future. I refuse to use the gym scale thing that measures your body fat and stuff. Before I started bulking, I tried it once and it told me I was 141 pounds. IT LIES. And I'm not delusional I promise lol, there's no way I weighed that much. So you're done bulking in about a month? How are you feeling about starting a cut? I'm dreading it! The hunger, the cardio. Boo!

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's me in the gym LOL. Damn cellulite. Oh well! How did your weigh in go today? I don't know if this is frowned upon, but I don't weigh myself. I go by what I see in the mirror and how my clothes fit. Everything is getting a little tighter in all the right places haha. I don't even own a scale! I never got around to buying one when I got here. I want/need to get one though sometime in the near future. I refuse to use the gym scale thing that measures your body fat and stuff. Before I started bulking, I tried it once and it told me I was 141 pounds. IT LIES. And I'm not delusional I promise lol, there's no way I weighed that much. So you're done bulking in about a month? How are you feeling about starting a cut? I'm dreading it! The hunger, the cardio. Boo!
    I was up to 111! Woo hoo!!!! I do think I might have been dehydrated the other day. Or today could be due to water retention but I'm going with a gain. LOL I'm happy. I don't think not weighing is frowned upon - as long as you can tell you're making gains, that is the important thing. And I have a little hand held body fat thingie - it tells me 27%. I had gotten a test at the gym that said 18%. I think neither are correct and I'm somewhere in the middle of that - but I agree that scales lie. A couple friends of mine weighed themselves on the same scale at a different gym than where we take abs class and both said it was higher than they expected and ended up beating themselves up all day. You'd think a scale is a scale but it's like the scale at my new gym compared to the one where I go on Wednesday for abs - they seem to be different for whatever reason. Sometimes I think it's better not to even go near a scale - it just messes with your head!

Right this second, I'm actually looking forward to cutting. I don't think I gained a huge amount of fat and think I could theoretically keep bulking but I am wanting to compete in the fall so July is go time. If it become apparent I didn't gain enough mass to compete, I might start bulking again as soon as the summer is over and go through till January and do a springtime show next year. Otherwise, I'll be cutting till the show.

My appetite has been a problem and beings it's warmer now, it's been hard shoveling hot oatmeal and sweet potatoes and other heavy things down but I'm managing. There's been times, though, that I feel like having grilled chicken and a salad but that won't cut it right now. I have a friend who is a few weeks into a cut and is missing all the carbs and tells me I will miss them pretty quickly. He's not doing any cardio, though. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the cardio thing - because I really don't wanna do it LOL I know it's not entirely necessary and might just do it on upper body days or something. There's no way in hell I can do cardio on a legs day. A couple times a week should be enough.

All of this being said, though, I don't do hungry well so that I am not looking forward to at all. So even though I am sort of looking forward to cutting, talk to me a couple weeks into it and I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune! LOL
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post

trying! i'm finding it difficult still. i mean, always around the same, so maybe some would say maintaining-enough, but the range is a little bigger than i'd think for true maintenance. not sure exactly what my cals are. i just cared abt getting them - w/ my new meal plan - to be around the same, but don't remember the number. are you maintaining for now? tracking or giving that a break?
    I suppose maintenance is always going to be a range though right? I mean nobody ever just sits at one number. How are you enjoying the new meal plan? Working better?

I’m just sort of taking it day by day at the moment…lost weight too quick…rebounded a bit…now things are settling down again and I’m tracking but not getting anal about it. Main focus is to heal my back and enjoy all the other stuff going on in my life right now – mainly gardening and doing stuff with my girls. And football season starts soon here!

thanks for the 8x8. does look interesting and very different than what i usually do. i'd go back to my version of power, muscle, burn first b/c i was making good gains and having fun, but i'll put this in my list. always interested in hearing what others do and like and adding it to my "prgms to consider" list.

how do you feel w/o the pain meds and muscle relaxants? was yesterday really hard? are you at least taking otc pain meds or no? i don't know if ice or heat or switching b/w the two is better for you, but i found these things called freezie wraps. expensive and i haven't bought one but am thinking abt it. that's what i'm on - percs and muscle relaxants. i am not doped up at all, maybe b/c my muscle relaxant is at night only (a next step might be daytime too, but sort of worried abt that). my friend's mom has back problems and swears by her chiro - goes every 6 weeks. i don't remember what her issues are exactly. hopefully you'll find some relief, esp as inflammation goes down.
    Doing ok without the meds. Yesterday I had a good chiro appt, pain was lower…then I cycled to work this morning and that didn’t go so great so I’ve been walking around work with ice down the back of my jeans.

Amazing the percs & relaxants don’t dope you up…I was high as a kite.

Hope things are improving for you…

I took my 8 week pictures and I'm most happy with my front this week. I've got a long ways to go, but it's fun seeing change.
    Looking good!

Originally Posted by FitKateCPT View Post
    FIRST TIME BULKER!

After some past threads and a possibility of an eating disorder, I have decided that eating 2500+ calories and getting my skinny little frame some meat is the way to go. However, the nature of my job lately has left me often unable to workout consistently. I am going to a therapist on Monday to talk about what's going on with my body and my brain, and I have a feeling I'm going to be instructed not to work out for awhile until my weight gets up a little bit. A break from the gym could be healthy for me in many ways, but...

How do I go on a bulking diet to gain muscle when I'm not able to lift? Should I just focus on getting that weight up and then later worry about the lifting part? I want to gain healthy weight, not flab! At this point, I think my body just needs SOMETHING. Just wondering how to go about it.
    I would just take it one thing at a time and wait until you see what the therapist says. And if they suggest no gym - a few weeks of not lifting would not be so detrimental would it? You could focus on a variety of other things in your life and do some soul-reviving stuff instead. And if your goal is to gain weight and lean mass if you get your diet on track you should be able to accomplish this and have the two going hand in hand rather than what you’ve been doing.

I was up to 111! Woo hoo!!!!

Right this second, I'm actually looking forward to cutting. I don't think I gained a huge amount of fat and think I could theoretically keep bulking but I am wanting to compete in the fall so July is go time. If it become apparent I didn't gain enough mass to compete, I might start bulking again as soon as the summer is over and go through till January and do a springtime show next year. Otherwise, I'll be cutting till the show.
    Congrats! What show are you thinking of?
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    Congrats! What show are you thinking of?
    It's a NABBA show on October 6 about an hour away. There is another show on the same date right at my town's high school. I can't remember what organization that one is and it would certainly be easier to be 5 minutes away - but I went to that show last year and there were 3 girls in Figure, only 1 in bikini. It might be a good experience for a first show but on the other hand, I don't know that I want to only compete against 2 other girls. Then again, maybe there would be more contestants this year. I have to think there are other semi-local shows but I must be a dumbass and not searching for the right things because I come up with very few shows in this area. I mean, I live near Philly - there has to be more. And most of the other ones that are local seem to be pro qualifiers and being a first show, I'm not sure if that would be a good way to go, or how that even works. I have seen some of the things saying you have to have won another show to enter, but there are others that don't say that so I'm not sure if it's open to anyone. I'll have to do some more research.

On another note, I'm feeling rather bloaty. And I'll be on the beach tomorrow - super! Hopefully it will go away by morning.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000)
    A little late to the party...but am starting my first ever full on bulk...having stuck to lean massing (+20, -10) in the past. I just got the judges report from my last show and it said the only thing keeping me from a top spot is some mass (I placed third). Sooo, here I come...let's see where this gets me

Originally Posted by Delaylah View Post
    A little late to the party...but am starting my first ever full on bulk...having stuck to lean massing (+20, -10) in the past. I just got the judges report from my last show and it said the only thing keeping me from a top spot is some mass (I placed third). Sooo, here I come...let's see where this gets me
    Congratulations on placing in your competition You look great! I hope you get to where you want to be!!!

I feel bloated too, Danielle. I can't tell if it's just the food or perhaps the creatine? I'm still taking 5g so maybe I'll get it down to 2.5 and see if I see a change. I could also use some more water. Silly me.

I don't know if I've posted about my obsession with sorbet, but.....I have an obsession with sorbet. It's $2/pint at the commissary so I only get three, but holy hell..soo good. It's about 420 calories for the whole pint, minus the bites my 2 year old steals from me. I'm going to be heart broken when I can't afford to eat the whole pint at once lol.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Congratulations on placing in your competition You look great! I hope you get to where you want to be!!!

I feel bloated too, Danielle. I can't tell if it's just the food or perhaps the creatine? I'm still taking 5g so maybe I'll get it down to 2.5 and see if I see a change. I could also use some more water. Silly me.

I don't know if I've posted about my obsession with sorbet, but.....I have an obsession with sorbet. It's $2/pint at the commissary so I only get three, but holy hell..soo good. It's about 420 calories for the whole pint, minus the bites my 2 year old steals from me. I'm going to be heart broken when I can't afford to eat the whole pint at once lol.
    Invest in a $50 cuisinart ice cream maker and make your own! This is delicious! http://www.wholeliving.com/132188/papaya-sorbet

Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000) Delaylah is just really nice. (+1000)

Thanks! I'm definitely looking forward to having the extra power behind my lifts after cutting for this contest.

That sorbet sounds yummy...must get some!

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Invest in a $50 cuisinart ice cream maker and make your own! This is delicious! http://www.wholeliving.com/132188/papaya-sorbet
    My birthday is Sunday. I will consider this as a "happy birthday to myself" present lol, thanks! That looks sooo good!!

I want to get an ice cream maker myself - my kids have enjoyed making it when we visit my FIL. His wife has one.

Ugh, spent the weekend at the beach at my girlfriend's place. Had a Sunday dinner yesterday just like Jersey Shore LOL Will be using all the extra carbs for legs today! And my other friends are having a bbq at their beach house on July 1. July 2 starts my cut so it will be nice to have that day to not worry and enjoy.

I downed a gallon of water on Friday but still felt a little bloaty Saturday. Another creatine question - does it make you thirsty? I typically don't drink enough water bc it's nearly impossible with my job so I might not be getting enough in general but I seem to be thirstier lately than normal and just wondered if it was related. Could just be the warmer weather, though.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I noticed the same thing when I started taking creatine. In fact, I think I asked about it in here. I had no trouble remembering I was supposed to be drinking extra fluids because I was so thirsty at first.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

marsclos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're going to want to put leaning out at the top of your list to start off. If you have lots of patience, you can lean out slowly, a 1/2 pound a week, while lifting heavy to gain muscle. Once you're down around 20%bf you can assess your musculature to figure out where you need to build in order to compete and start on a bulk. You're going to need a couple of years at least to get ready to compete.
    Thank you, I will start the leaning out and losing weight first. A couple of years? Well then I have plenty of time and hard work ahead of me. I will work on one goal at time. Want to get lean and mean for my wedding next year then I can get leaner and bulkier for competition.

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    I noticed the same thing when I started taking creatine. In fact, I think I asked about it in here. I had no trouble remembering I was supposed to be drinking extra fluids because I was so thirsty at first.
    I definitely get thirstier when I first start creatine. I have to remember to up the water every time I take it up again.

First bulk issue discovered today. I went to stick all my food in the fridge at the office today...and there wasn't room for it all. My boss actually asked if I was leaving extra food for later in the week since I'm moving. The look on her face when I said...uh...no. That's all for today...was precious.

Lesson learned...bring some food that doesn't need to be in a fridge...OR invest in a cooler

RenOffile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You can fulfill your desire by opting a replica Burberry handbag

Discover actually effective good enough or will not likely have the ability to pay for the proper burberry women purses valuable, have a trip employing send in order to processes the particular use of Burberry look hand bags Burberry place of work bags may possibly perhaps just like current surprisingly wonder Must not angry, they received these devices build carrier is definitely a replacement of mild along with high grade issues It is possible to get a massive assorted viewpoint produced by seek They are created having a distinct technique, Burberry, and also man made fiber employed in producing the greatest excellent easily available around the world No one could have thought possible whenever a model Burberry being a day of training will be an instance of design tote Burberry bags pattern

burberryhandbagsus com/]burberry bags
    burberryhandbagsus com/]burberry handbags
    burberryhandbagsus com/]burberry bags outlet
    burberry handbags:burberryhandbagsus com/
    ae4177fbfb52fc9e64fe17
    Thecheapbags.com is an operated on the [url=http://www.burberryhandbagsus.com/]burberry handbags[/url] web model Burberry handbag keep that you can believe in in.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have my second injections today (likely epidural even though i kind of think facet might be better. will hear the doc out, but assume he'll want epidural. also more joint injections. don't know abt another interspinous ligament injection or trigger points (the latter is just lidocaine)). am much more nervous than last time, for some reason. i know what it's like and that i can "take it," i had no bad reaction and wasn't worse the next day (heard that like 10% is in excruciating pain the following day), etc. just didn't help. so i worry abt that a lot, but also just abt today.

weight down and don't care. do not want to lose more. working on maintaining. but don't want to gain the weight back (total since injury is 3.2 lbs, so not a big deal and when i can lift, will feel good and ready to put it back on). still in the normal weight range and everything, so whatever.

do still feel really skinny-fat. my arms and shoulders. but don't think abt it as much. more focused on the pain, treating it, my meal plan, being miserable w/o lifting, and changes at work.

pretty apathetic nowadays.

as you can tell you're making gains, that is the important thing.
    exactly.

If it become apparent I didn't gain enough mass to compete, I might start bulking again as soon as the summer is over and go through till January and do a springtime show next year. Otherwise, I'll be cutting till the show.
    i wish more people shared this thought and really focused more on being stage ready, even if that means doing a later competition than anticipated vs being unwilling to change that and step aside. i know nada abt competitions, but i can say you're making great progress. you look great.

My appetite has been a problem and beings it's warmer now
    i know a lot of people, inc my father, are like that, but i never have been. my appetite never changes w/ the seasons. not w/ emotion either. used to just be my desire (or lack thereof) to eat (talking back in the day. now totally unaffected. sticking w/ the meal plan is my thing). summer means good fruit. and can have salads w/ a lot of stuff that add in cals. some nice avocado, nuts, seeds, cheese, fruit (apples, strawberries, pear, grapefruit), homemade dressing. more smoothies. tuna or chicken salad w/ avocado cut in and using greek yogurt instead of mayo. also lots of good ways to make things. apples and pears go well. when i ate meat i'd make this and stuff it in a pepper and melt cheese on top. sandwiches are good. random frozen concoctions (i love my concoctions but don't think they'd seem appetizing to anyone else, per se, but just be creative). and there's always pb (cashew butter is actually my favorite) and a spoon it's okay that heartier meals don't appeal to you right now.

All of this being said, though, I don't do hungry well so that I am not looking forward to at all. So even though I am sort of looking forward to cutting, talk to me a couple weeks into it and I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune! LOL
    for some reason i really don't have my hunger cues back but i did think it would be a hard adjustment going from bulking to maintenance (which obviously isn't the same as cutting and creating a bigger gap cal wise), and it wasn't. but i know a lot of people get hungry which makes sense, and you'll obviously find tons of support in the cutting thread. i don't remember if you just track as you go and have more variety or if you do a meal plan (or several), but what i think made the difference for me - in terms of not feeling deprived - was rarely removing something entirely (unless it wasn't impt to me. only one thing i took out), but taking some grams out of a plethora of things. it added up fast.

I suppose maintenance is always going to be a range though right? I mean nobody ever just sits at one number. How are you enjoying the new meal plan? Working better?
    i'm on a downward trend but in total it's only a few lbs and think i'll gain this week. very happy w/ the meal plan. i didn't have it in me to make all my baked oats in advance and w/ new meal plan don't have to - i've been doing the following day's ea night, but this week will go back to making them all on my days off so i'll actually have free time. but i'm not missing what i took out and it just makes sense this way b/c i was having 3 meals in a really short period of time and felt rushed.

I’m just sort of taking it day by day at the moment…lost weight too quick…rebounded a bit…now things are settling down again and I’m tracking but not getting anal about it. Main focus is to heal my back and enjoy all the other stuff going on in my life right now – mainly gardening and doing stuff with my girls. And football season starts soon here!

Doing ok without the meds. Yesterday I had a good chiro appt, pain was lower…then I cycled to work this morning and that didn’t go so great so I’ve been walking around work with ice down the back of my jeans.

Amazing the percs & relaxants don’t dope you up…I was high as a kite.
    you've got your priorities straight. i've never been good w/ that. but sounds like you're doing well. do you feel like mentally you're in a better place? it's been a few days - any progress on the back? i can't imagine the chiro thing. even touching my back hurts. like can't wear a sports bra or lean against something. so chiro, ouch. have you tried massage too? i've heard that can help.

i have a high tolerance for meds. always have. i don't know why. but yeah, not high or foggy or drowsy. my muscle relaxant is a nighttime one. maybe a daytime one would make me out of it (despite it not supposed to). really don't know.

creatine question - does it make you thirsty?
    i didn't feel more thirsty but i am always drinking anyway. but i think w/ creatine you're supposed to drink more water (i think. i could be incorrect and misremembering), and regardless, is a good thing anyway.

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have my second injections today (likely epidural even though i kind of think facet might be better. will hear the doc out, but assume he'll want epidural. also more joint injections. don't know abt another interspinous ligament injection or trigger points (the latter is just lidocaine)). am much more nervous than last time, for some reason. i know what it's like and that i can "take it," i had no bad reaction and wasn't worse the next day (heard that like 10% is in excruciating pain the following day), etc. just didn't help. so i worry abt that a lot, but also just abt today.

weight down and don't care. do not want to lose more. working on maintaining. but don't want to gain the weight back (total since injury is 3.2 lbs, so not a big deal and when i can lift, will feel good and ready to put it back on). still in the normal weight range and everything, so whatever.

do still feel really skinny-fat. my arms and shoulders. but don't think abt it as much. more focused on the pain, treating it, my meal plan, being miserable w/o lifting, and changes at work.
    Good luck today! I really hope you will get some relief…I can’t imagine how tough it is for you.

I’ve been feeling skinny-fat too. Arms in particular have looked flat. For me it’s down to putting on a couple pounds, reduced workouts…ah well…just makes me look forward to bulking again and getting back to heavier weights. 8x8 is fun to shake things up but I’m already missing heavy weights…

Started back on creatine today…less than I was taking before…will see how that plays out this time…

i wish more people shared this thought and really focused more on being stage ready, even if that means doing a later competition than anticipated vs being unwilling to change that and step aside. i know nada abt competitions, but i can say you're making great progress. you look great.

Ditto. Dani – looking forward to seeing how your cut goes and hope you’ll be pleased with the level of lean mass revealed!

i'm on a downward trend but in total it's only a few lbs and think i'll gain this week. very happy w/ the meal plan. i didn't have it in me to make all my baked oats in advance and w/ new meal plan don't have to - i've been doing the following day's ea night, but this week will go back to making them all on my days off so i'll actually have free time. but i'm not missing what i took out and it just makes sense this way b/c i was having 3 meals in a really short period of time and felt rushed.
    Down 3lbs isn’t so bad…hopefully it comes back up a bit this week. Nice you’ll free up some time…I’m always amazed how much you plan your meals in advance. I feel on top of my game when I plan the night before!

you've got your priorities straight. i've never been good w/ that. but sounds like you're doing well. do you feel like mentally you're in a better place? it's been a few days - any progress on the back? i can't imagine the chiro thing. even touching my back hurts. like can't wear a sports bra or lean against something. so chiro, ouch. have you tried massage too? i've heard that can help.
    Thanks…in a really good place these days. Trying not to go overboard with anything and just maintain a nice balance. Feel good mentally. Goal is to slowly drop the few pounds I put back on…maintain for rest of summer…start bulking in Sept. I really want to get a handle on what my maintenance is so I can SLOW bulk this time and avoid getting quite so fat…

Chiro appt. was really good today, have first massage for back issue tomorrow. Sitting at my desk is still f’n tough but my back is nowhere near as bad as yours though…god that sounds brutal. Poor you!

I did a leg w/o on the weekend and am still sore. It’s crazy because I’ve dropped the weights drastically (because of back prob and because doing 8x8)…couldn’t do any type of squat…leg press I didn’t add any plates (usually do 6)…and greatly reduced weight on lunges, extensions, calves and ham curls. Hilarious that I still have DOMS 3 days later. The foam roller is my friend. God only knows how much strength I’m losing at the moment…

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Ugh, had a stomach thing yesterday - barely ate anything. I was planning on going to abs class last night since my son has a game today so I suppose if I had to miss a workout, that might have been a good one to miss - it's so intense and probably burns a ton of calories. And I do eat more on that day to compensate but I'd rather miss abs than something else. Of course, that being said, while I feel better today, I'm sure I"m not gonna have much energy for anything super heavy. I was planning on chest/tris today so I'm going to go to the gym in a little while and at least get in a light workout of some kind.

I know it's only one day and the setback shouldn't be too bad. I've worried a little bit recently that all the stress in my personal life, sleeping on the couch and not getting good rest, would catch up with me - maybe it has. My girlfriend said she had something going on yesterday, too, so it's possible we caught the same bug over the weekend, though. I'm not sure if anyone else I was at the beach with was ill, too. Either way, I will just look at the bright side and say the extra day of rest and being horizontal all day was good for my body and move on to today
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good luck today! I really hope you will get some relief…I can’t imagine how tough it is for you.
    thanks. i will pm you. doubt everyone wants to read my babble. but cliffs: 4 facet injections in right side of neck, repeat in 2 weeks, if both times decrease pain by at least 50%, then radiofrequency, which, unfortunately, i read only has a 60% success rate. we shall see.

I’ve been feeling skinny-fat too. Arms in particular have looked flat. For me it’s down to putting on a couple pounds, reduced workouts…ah well…just makes me look forward to bulking again and getting back to heavier weights. 8x8 is fun to shake things up but I’m already missing heavy weights…
    skinny-fat is the worst feeling, esp when you've been better in the past. know at least your short-term potential and are so aware that it's a step (or many backwards). but you're back to lifting so hopefully that and putting on a few lbs will help. if nothing else, just lifting and the positive feelings should help w/ body image. does for me.

didn't realize you had startde the 8X8. didn't know you were lifting pretty regularly. awesome. are you doing this b/c you can't lift heavy (back) or just as a change? seems like a good method and definitely different and hard in a different way. but if it's not for you, it's not for you. or maybe it'll just take more of an adjustment.

I’m always amazed how much you plan your meals in advance. I feel on top of my game when I plan the night before!
    don't be amazed, heh. it's just the only system that really works for me on all levels.

Thanks…in a really good place these days. Trying not to go overboard with anything and just maintain a nice balance. Feel good mentally. Goal is to slowly drop the few pounds I put back on…maintain for rest of summer…start bulking in Sept. I really want to get a handle on what my maintenance is so I can SLOW bulk this time and avoid getting quite so fat…
    understand. wy is figuring out maintenance so tough? for me, at least, even though i guess i have. but ea week i am so uncertain. i forget, how much did you gain last time and in what time period (how much per week)? do you feel you learned a lot? how often - and how - do you assess progress? i still do weekly weigh-in but also do pics every so often (after like a mo, when i have a bigger change). not now, though.

Chiro appt. was really good today, have first massage for back issue tomorrow.
    let me know how the massage goes. as i said, i still cannot imagine how you handle that. do you need pain meds prior and after?

I did a leg w/o on the weekend and am still sore. It’s crazy because I’ve dropped the weights drastically (because of back prob and because doing 8x8)…couldn’t do any type of squat…leg press I didn’t add any plates (usually do 6)…and greatly reduced weight on lunges, extensions, calves and ham curls. Hilarious that I still have DOMS 3 days later. The foam roller is my friend. God only knows how much strength I’m losing at the moment…
    tell me abt it. i don't even want to know at this point. the doms will be shorter and shorter. you're back on the horse. now the whole muscle memory thing requires some patience (not a trait i possess!)

the bright side and say the extra day of rest and being horizontal all day was good for my body and move on to today
    absolutely. sorry you were sick but at least it didn't take you out. i always say i'm "horizontal" and people find that so funny. good to have some rest. hope you're 100% today but still ease up on lifting, or, you know, just listen to your body. don't push too hard, esp if not properly fueled. not that i'm telling you anything you don't know, sorry.

absolutely. sorry you were sick but at least it didn't take you out. i always say i'm "horizontal" and people find that so funny. good to have some rest. hope you're 100% today but still ease up on lifting, or, you know, just listen to your body. don't push too hard, esp if not properly fueled. not that i'm telling you anything you don't know, sorry.
    No apologies! Even though I do know not to push too hard, I sometimes have a problem adhering to it LOL I'm much better today, not 100% by any means but the nausea has stopped, cramping has stopped. But, no, I'm nowhere near properly fueled for a full-blown workout. I just want to at least do SOMETHING - might just go do some TRX here as opposed to making a trip to the gym for what is sure to be a sub-par workout that will piss me off. Even if I go light, the lack of energy and proper fuel is just going to result in my feeling weak even at light weight so I won't be a happy camper.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

No apologies! Even though I do know not to push too hard, I sometimes have a problem adhering to it LOL I'm much better today, not 100% by any means but the nausea has stopped, cramping has stopped. But, no, I'm nowhere near properly fueled for a full-blown workout. I just want to at least do SOMETHING - might just go do some TRX here as opposed to making a trip to the gym for what is sure to be a sub-par workout that will piss me off. Even if I go light, the lack of energy and proper fuel is just going to result in my feeling weak even at light weight so I won't be a happy camper.
    yeah, and a sh*tty workout can make you feel so much worse than had you skipped all together. you can get great workouts w/ trx. i love that thing and have one too. we have a trx small grp training at my gym but i wasn't impressed. maybe i'm just spoiled b/c at my old gym i had someone who kicked my butt. but not that any kind of trainer is necessary. plenty on youtube but i did also get several of the dvd's. hope it went well and you got what you needed from it.

skinny-fat is the worst feeling, esp when you've been better in the past. know at least your short-term potential and are so aware that it's a step (or many backwards). but you're back to lifting so hopefully that and putting on a few lbs will help. if nothing else, just lifting and the positive feelings should help w/ body image. does for me.

didn't realize you had startde the 8X8. didn't know you were lifting pretty regularly. awesome. are you doing this b/c you can't lift heavy (back) or just as a change? seems like a good method and definitely different and hard in a different way. but if it's not for you, it's not for you. or maybe it'll just take more of an adjustment.

don't be amazed, heh. it's just the only system that really works for me on all levels.

understand. wy is figuring out maintenance so tough? for me, at least, even though i guess i have. but ea week i am so uncertain. i forget, how much did you gain last time and in what time period (how much per week)? do you feel you learned a lot? how often - and how - do you assess progress? i still do weekly weigh-in but also do pics every so often (after like a mo, when i have a bigger change). not now, though.

let me know how the massage goes. as i said, i still cannot imagine how you handle that. do you need pain meds prior and after?

tell me abt it. i don't even want to know at this point. the doms will be shorter and shorter. you're back on the horse. now the whole muscle memory thing requires some patience (not a trait i possess!)
    Spoke to some of this in in PMs so I won’t repeat myself…but am hoping today goes a bit better for you.

Maintenance I’m not sure of…think it’s around 1600/1700 but I never stick with one general caloric level long enough or track well enough to really know. I’m so good at talking the talk but not walking the walk. I’d love to get it up higher. Right now I’m averaging btwn 1500-1600 so we’ll see where that takes me over the next month.

Going lighter weights is weird. I can't decide if I like it or not.

Bulking I gained a stupid amount fast. Trying to remember exact numbers…think I started around 126 and ended at 138ish. That was only 4ish months. Plain and simple I used bulking as an excuse to overeat. And, as I was aware of it and how quickly it came on, it wasn’t enjoyable. I didn’t like feeling that puffy. I did like the strength gains though. So lesson learned. This fall I’ll go much, much slower. And I'll go back to PHAT.

And on a completely different note…I don’t know if anybody else here deals with binge issues…but man did I have talk myself down off a binge last night. I really wish I never felt this desire but every now and then it strikes back and it almost feels like an attack. Like I’m being possessed. Part of that is mental but the other feels physical. I’m trying to see if I can figure out any link - is it from cutting back on cals/carbs…is it hormonal & cyclical…is it set off by a particular food (sugar!) or emotional circumstance. Live and learn.

Dani – hope you’re feeling better!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Spoke to some of this in in PMs so I won’t repeat myself…but am hoping today goes a bit better for you.

Maintenance I’m not sure of…think it’s around 1600/1700 but I never stick with one general caloric level long enough or track well enough to really know. I’m so good at talking the talk but not walking the walk. I’d love to get it up higher. Right now I’m averaging btwn 1500-1600 so we’ll see where that takes me over the next month.

Going lighter weights is weird. I can't decide if I like it or not.

Bulking I gained a stupid amount fast. Trying to remember exact numbers…think I started around 126 and ended at 138ish. That was only 4ish months. Plain and simple I used bulking as an excuse to overeat. And, as I was aware of it and how quickly it came on, it wasn’t enjoyable. I didn’t like feeling that puffy. I did like the strength gains though. So lesson learned. This fall I’ll go much, much slower. And I'll go back to PHAT.

And on a completely different note…I don’t know if anybody else here deals with binge issues…but man did I have talk myself down off a binge last night. I really wish I never felt this desire but every now and then it strikes back and it almost feels like an attack. Like I’m being possessed. Part of that is mental but the other feels physical. I’m trying to see if I can figure out any link - is it from cutting back on cals/carbs…is it hormonal & cyclical…is it set off by a particular food (sugar!) or emotional circumstance. Live and learn.

Dani – hope you’re feeling better!
    My maintenance is around 1900. Yours should be around there as well. Could be why you binge

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My maintenance is around 1900. Yours should be around there as well. Could be why you binge
    How do you figure out a person's maintenance so easily? You always have the numbers

Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    How do you figure out a person's maintenance so easily? You always have the numbers
    I have my super, secret ways My numbers generally agree with Kimm4's, who has her super, secret way. Except for shorties. 5'2" and below and I have to ask Kim.

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have my super, secret ways My numbers generally agree with Kimm4's, who has her super, secret way. Except for shorties. 5'2" and below and I have to ask Kim.
    Well, can you use your super secret way to find mine? I always thought mine was around 2200, but based on my last cut where I lost 16 lbs in 16 weeks on 1800 cals, I am assuming that maybe its a bit higher? Am I totally off the wall in thinking that?

Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Well, can you use your super secret way to find mine? I always thought mine was around 2200, but based on my last cut where I lost 16 lbs in 16 weeks on 1800 cals, I am assuming that maybe its a bit higher? Am I totally off the wall in thinking that?
    I'd have you around 2000-2100 based on a 4x week workout. It's possible it's higher depending on your daily, outside the gym, activity. Your initial loss could have been a bunch of water throwing off your thinking. You may have been at a .5+ deficit rather than 1.

Lovinlife8402 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok so I was told to maybe start this bulk. I've read multiple posts about it and it seems pretty interesting. I'm 5'1 and weigh about 114 pounds. I have some muscle definition on me. But I want to see more definition. I'm kind scared about the bulk part, I'm pretty obsessed with weight and don't like gaining any weight(I guess in a way i've got a problem with that) It seems everyone seems to be having pretty good progress with it. But the thought of gaining weight is freaking me out. Can anyone give me any more tips? I need some encouragement here...lol Please help!

Page 194 of 330 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 244 294 ... LastLast