angelicnigga is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Parents won't let me join gym

I live in India, where the food is oily and the people are fat. I have been working out at home(mom wont buy pull up bar for me though) for the past 6 months and have transformed my self from a skinny fat to somewhat athletic but I wanna take it to the next level and join a gym. I made up a story that i wanna join the gym for basketball so i can jump high and dunk and get selected on basketball team when school opens up(bull**** story). But she wont lemme join the gym on the premis its "unsafe" due to corona. I told her its a mask only entry, temp check at entry, and sanitizer at entry aswell. Gym open times divided into slots throughout the day so the equipment can be sanatized and ****. she STILL says its "unsafe". even though my father goes to work daily and its not even half as sanitary there.

I am 16 and I believe she doesent want me to get fit and feel good about myself. She is fat and ugly and hates fit friends on social media and doesent want me to look attractive or get into better social circles.(she has done things like this in the past). the gym is cheap(41$ for 3 months) and I will go there by cycle myself and its close as well.

someone please help me. I would leave this home RIGHT now if i could find a job.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dear diary,
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Dear diary,
    This suppose to be funny?

OP if you can’t sit down and talk to her then I would just stay doing calisthenics.

Maybe use a play ground if you have one close to do pull ups, dips etc

I would open a checking account if you don’t have one already, that way you can buy your own pull up bar or resistance bands.

Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Calm down. The vast majority of the time, your parents have your best interests in mind. They may be ignorant or misinformed, but they do want what is best for you.

You live in their house. You have not reached the age of majority. For the time being, you need to follow their rules. Deal with it.

A gym would be nice, but it may need to wait until either COVID problems end or you are out on your own. In the meantime, get on the internet and find a plan to accomplish your goals that requires no equipment. You will probably have a better chance of getting them to come around if you can illustrate your dedication to the plan rather than whining about what they don't let you do.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is this:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/no-gym/

Your parents are very sensible to disallow you from the gym - it's not essential like going to work - and YOU might not suffer from coronavirus but if you have vulnerable people in your household (over weight and/or diabetic) then you could bring it home to them.

FYI, India is seeing very rapid growth in cases:
    https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/india/

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NoWoes View Post
    This suppose to be funny?

OP if you can’t sit down and talk to her then I would just stay doing calisthenics.

Maybe use a play ground if you have one close to do pull ups, dips etc

I would open a checking account if you don’t have one already, that way you can buy your own pull up bar or resistance bands.
    Take a deep breath. The worst mindset you can have is blaming other people for what's going on in your life. Sure, you have to live with your parents and they make the rules but you decide what kind of attitude to maintain. A negative attitude attracts negative energy. Stop projecting your insecurities on to your parents and start taking action in your own life to better yourself. Look up calisthenics routines, the internet is packed full of people who get great workouts in without any equipment. Playgrounds are great for pullups, dips, angled pushups, abdominal exercises, etc. Bands are super cheap online, pick up a set if you can. Best advice I can give you is to focus on your mindset, find out what motivates you and who you want to be and what you want out of life.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dreamscaper View Post
    Not letting a 16yo go to the gym because of COVID dangers is just stupid based on any empirical data.

Part of growing up is rebelling against your parents. Certainly far worse rebellions than joining a gym.
    And certainly there are far worse things than being told you cannot join a gym...
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I feel like this is some kind of joke. You need a gym to take things serious. My fist year, I put on almost 40 lbs of beginner gains using a pull up bar, dip bar, and some push up handles with a backpack and some weight plates. When I was in prison, I seen plenty of guys build better physiques than most of the guys at my gyms, with nothing more than what you have laying around the house and at the local playground.

Go get a 10 lb weight plate and a backpack then go to the park.

Do 1,000 Push Up's, 500 Dips, 250 Squats, and 250 Sit Up's with that 10 lb plate. When you can complete all the reps, go get a second 10 lb plate. All the way until you can complete every rep with 100 lbs in your bag. You'll better shape than most guys at your local gym.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some options-

Get a job,earn your own money so you join the gym.
    Maybe ask the gym if you can clean up for them in return for a membership.

Make your own equipment-
    pull up bar,dip bar,straps of some type for bodyweight training for now.
    If your serious you can find a way to make your own,be innovative.

Another thing here calling your mom fat and ugly on line is disrespectful.
    Parent for the most part are trying to do what they think is best for their kids even if you don't like it.
    Good luck.

DominoX98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It doesn't actually sound like she is against it. I think you should lay off her. There are some good tips from people on here about getting fit without a gym to keep up with, and ask again when things settle down a bit. In my country no gyms at all have been open since before March. It is tough everywhere!

reading these replies make me regret it, but oh well.

I secretly signed up for gym(with their money) today. for one month. I now feel a little guilty about it. My plan is follow ALL covid protocols and go out(tell them im going cycling), work out, comeback. Man I feel bad

Originally Posted by WeightedDip View Post
    I feel like this is some kind of joke. You need a gym to take things serious. My fist year, I put on almost 40 lbs of beginner gains using a pull up bar, dip bar, and some push up handles with a backpack and some weight plates. When I was in prison, I seen plenty of guys build better physiques than most of the guys at my gyms, with nothing more than what you have laying around the house and at the local playground.

Go get a 10 lb weight plate and a backpack then go to the park.

Do 1,000 Push Up's, 500 Dips, 250 Squats, and 250 Sit Up's with that 10 lb plate. When you can complete all the reps, go get a second 10 lb plate. All the way until you can complete every rep with 100 lbs in your bag. You'll better shape than most guys at your local gym.
    In retrospect, I shouldnt even have posted here considering this the type of **** being passed around as "advice". it explains your stupidity since you were clearly stupid enough to get caught and then being sent to prison

And i cant get her to buy any weight plates or dumbells. I already have maxxed out on weighted calisthenics(my school bag filled with stone, cement and marble in containers). gym time

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by angelic***** View Post
    In retrospect, I shouldnt even have posted here considering this the type of **** being passed around as "advice". it explains your stupidity since you were clearly stupid enough to get caught and then being sent to prison

And i cant get her to buy any weight plates or dumbells. I already have maxxed out on weighted calisthenics(my school bag filled with stone, cement and marble in containers). gym time
    Can you get bands? You can add a lot of tension with bands... You sound creative so I would get this idea of the gym being magical, out of your head.

I quit the gym awhile ago and do weighted calisthenics at my house, and bands are a staple in my training. Sure I have pull up bar and dip station but bands are integral to my training. Can do banded bench press, banded lateral raises, banded rows, they are amazing I'm telling you. The gym is a waste of time and I say that after over 4+ yrs of being in the gym.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    Can you get bands? You can add a lot of tension with bands... You sound creative so I would get this idea of the gym being magical, out of your head.

I quit the gym awhile ago and do weighted calisthenics at my house, and bands are a staple in my training. Sure I have pull up bar and dip station but bands are integral to my training. Can do banded bench press, banded lateral raises, banded rows, they are amazing I'm telling you. The gym is a waste of time and I say that after over 4+ yrs of being in the gym.
    Sadly, no . I had to beg for them to pay for my school and asking for bands would be out of this world.

I (secretly) went to gym today, I cant get protein powder, so eating lotsa eggs and peanut butter.
    Still cant convince them to lemme join gym, lets see how long i can keep up the delusion and not get caught stealing cash.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Get a chinup / pullup bar and dip stand setup. You can make one yourself using plumbing pipe and construction grade wood studs for not very much money. Then you can workout from home, keep your parents happy, save money, and you will get good results. In addition to the resistance training from calisthenics, you can use that bike to build your aerobic capacity.

Exercise boosts confidence, discipline, work ethic, even mental brain power, and provides a positive physical outlet for mood. These are all good things for people of any age, but especially adolescents (teens). These are good habits that will set you up for life.

DominoX98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by angelic***** View Post
    reading these replies make me regret it, but oh well.

I secretly signed up for gym(with their money) today. for one month. I now feel a little guilty about it. My plan is follow ALL covid protocols and go out(tell them im going cycling), work out, comeback. Man I feel bad
    Good luck with the first month anyway.

hely26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It is a pity that your mother does not support you. But I think she's just worried about you and your health.

If you really want to go to the gym, try to talk to her again. But calmly, without quarrels, explain to her why it is so important for you. If she still doesn't agree, don't take offense at her. Most likely you have a really dangerous situation with the coronavirus in the city.

And the father goes to work not because he wants so, but because he needs to make money for you.