so1id has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My results from a year of Madcow 5x5

Hey all, I'd just like to share my experience with the Madcow program. I've been doing this program consistently over the past year and now I feel pretty burnt out plus my lifts are stalling.

I recently tested my 1rm a couple weeks ago and my progress are as follows:

Weight: 126->133

Squat: 115->310
    Bench: 85->195
    Clean: 65->155 (I suck at cleaning)
    Deadlift: 135-> 315

There you have it. I am overall quite pleased with my results. Right now, I'm thinking of doing a completely different program for bodybuilding or take a break and restart. I'm getting pretty bored of 5x5 though. Any suggestions?

E-stater is on a distinguished road. (+10) E-stater is on a distinguished road. (+10) E-stater is on a distinguished road. (+10) E-stater is on a distinguished road. (+10) E-stater is on a distinguished road. (+10) E-stater is on a distinguished road. (+10) E-stater is on a distinguished road. (+10) E-stater is on a distinguished road. (+10) E-stater is on a distinguished road. (+10) E-stater is on a distinguished road. (+10) E-stater is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    u e-stat as hard as me man

Squattin in the Curl Rack GettunBuff's Avatar
    GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by so1id View Post
    Hey all, I'd just like to share my experience with the Madcow program. I've been doing this program consistently over the past year and now I feel pretty burnt out plus my lifts are stalling.

There you have it. I am overall quite pleased with my results. Right now, I'm thinking of doing a completely different program for bodybuilding or take a break and restart. I'm getting pretty bored of 5x5 though. Any suggestions?

nice gains bolded. not a bad start man, i would say try out a 4 day split. I have been using:

M- Chest + Tri's
    T- Legs
    W- Off
    Th- Shoulders/traps
    F- Back + Bi's
    Weekend: OFF

I have been experimenting with increased/decreased volume, increased/decreased rest periods etc.

right now im doing about 9 sets chest, 4 sets tris, 12 sets legs(includes calves n stuff), 9 sets shoulders, 4 sets traps, 9 sets back, 4 sets bi's, (each on their respective day).

but i'm always changing up the volume and switching out lifts every few weeks.
    we all gunna make it brahs

Originally Posted by GettunBuff View Post
    nice gains bolded. not a bad start man, i would say try out a 4 day split. I have been using:

M- Chest + Tri's
    T- Legs
    W- Off
    Th- Shoulders/traps
    F- Back + Bi's
    Weekend: OFF

I have been experimenting with increased/decreased volume, increased/decreased rest periods etc.

right now im doing about 9 sets chest, 4 sets tris, 12 sets legs(includes calves n stuff), 9 sets shoulders, 4 sets traps, 9 sets back, 4 sets bi's, (each on their respective day).

but i'm always changing up the volume and switching out lifts every few weeks.
    Wow, that seems like a lot of volume. Do you do low reps? Also, which one would you recommend for a bodybuilding routine? German Volume Training or Westside?

Shesofine_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shesofine_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shesofine_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shesofine_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shesofine_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shesofine_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shesofine_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shesofine_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shesofine_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shesofine_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shesofine_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by so1id View Post

for someone 133 those are great stats man. i hope to be there when im 135lbs.

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What was the excuse for having a bad diet?

MissionSk8r21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissionSk8r21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissionSk8r21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissionSk8r21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissionSk8r21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    pretty sick squat and deadlift, Im surprised the bench isnt alot higher. I usually see guys that squat over 300, lifting around 250~ bench. I bet if you added more volume, your body would continue to progress. Ive also had great success with 5x5's

demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    why is your weight gain so low compared to your increase in strength

Pseudo-Intellectual lovehasrisen's Avatar
    lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovehasrisen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by demoniclizard View Post
    Maybe he was a short chubby brah, who turned into a short buff brah..
    Doctorate in Brotology

Slovakian_Pride is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slovakian_Pride is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slovakian_Pride is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slovakian_Pride is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slovakian_Pride is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slovakian_Pride is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slovakian_Pride is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slovakian_Pride is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slovakian_Pride is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slovakian_Pride is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slovakian_Pride is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    pretty strong lifts for your weight

Originally Posted by Shesofine View Post
    for someone 133 those are great stats man. i hope to be there when im 135lbs.
    Hey thanks a lot man. Just keep lifting, eating enough and sleeping and you'll get there!

Originally Posted by scarboro View Post
    What was the excuse for having a bad diet?
    Hehe, well I cut out pretty much all sweets out of my diet. I usually only eat those and pop at friends houses, but I usually can control myself. I never really followed a strict diet plan, just opted to eat healthier foods when I could (getting a deli sandwich instead of pizza drenched in oil during lunch etc.) It's hard to just take out a sandwich in the middle of Calculus class

Originally Posted by MissionSk8r21 View Post
    pretty sick squat and deadlift, Im surprised the bench isnt alot higher. I usually see guys that squat over 300, lifting around 250~ bench. I bet if you added more volume, your body would continue to progress. Ive also had great success with 5x5's
    Yeah 5x5 is such a great program for a beginner! And thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind.

Originally Posted by demoniclizard View Post
    My highest weight was 136 and I've recently started losing water weight in order to make the 132lb bracket for a lifting competition at my school.

Originally Posted by lovehasrisen View Post
    Maybe he was a short chubby brah, who turned into a short buff brah..
    Pretty much...lol

Originally Posted by Slovakian_Pride View Post
    pretty strong lifts for your weight
    Thank you!