training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Recomposition routine

Need a recomposition routine which doesn't require super sets. Found the German body recomposition GBC. Too many of the workouts require use of two different sets of equipment. Will be difficult to do that at the gym as others will use it. Any suggestions on routines or splits.
    Last edited by training12; 10-23-2021 at 02:14 AM.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends on where you’re at. I’m assuming at least intermediate. Much better programs out now compared to German volume ..

Intermediate- fierce 5 upper lower, Lyle McDonald’s GBR, AWR U/L

Late intermediate - PHAT, fierce 5 ULPPL

Advanced- Lyle or Eric helms specialization cycles

training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Depends on where you’re at. I’m assuming at least intermediate. Much better programs out now compared to German volume ..

Intermediate- fierce 5 upper lower, Lyle McDonald’s GBR, AWR U/L

Late intermediate - PHAT, fierce 5 ULPPL

Advanced- Lyle or Eric helms specialization cycles
    Thanks, have read up on the intermediate routines posted, will pick one. All are similar in volume. What was the reasoning behind German volume, to fatigue the muscle. Or does higher volume have greater effect on recomposition. Have done 5cycles of 5x5 and allpro. Do i need to increase volume, or will the additional exercises on these routines make for better progress.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's a point of diminishing return. You do need to increase volume from a novice to intermediate program without dropping intensity. Progressive overload is the key driver and doing too much volume can interfere with your ability to add weight overtime. That's why you see a lot of advanced lifters doing less volume. Once you're moving heavy weights you really only have so much gas in the tank.

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    German volume training is a terrible program.

They’ve even shown studies where those doing it make worse gains than those doing less sets.

There’s no such thing as a recomposition training routine.

Your diet will dictate your results provided you’re doing an appropriate amount of work and not just doing singles.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

^^ Yep.

I forgot to add.. You'll def need a small calorie surplus to build muscle.

^^ Yep.

I forgot to add.. You'll def need a small calorie surplus to build muscle.
    I'm on a deficit as am cutting. Want to drop another 10 pounds or more. Will have to see if putting on muscle will be better as recomposition is what I'll need as I cut

Originally Posted by Filmbuff81 View Post
    German volume training is a terrible program.

They’ve even shown studies where those doing it make worse gains than those doing less sets.

There’s no such thing as a recomposition training routine.

Your diet will dictate your results provided you’re doing an appropriate amount of work and not just doing singles.
    I've been on a cut and was on 5x5. Will now try an intermediate program.
    Not done singles, minimum has been 5 reps.

Tried Fierce 5, having done upper and lower A, will start B tomorrow.

Feels less intense as only 3 sets, could fee that way as am use to doing 5 sets and as the weight increases so will intensity. Should i increase sets/reps.

For the calf raises, is it ok to do a seated calf raise.
    The flies, do I do chest flies on a bench or standing
    In the routine it has a romanian deadlift, can I swap it for the deadlift I was doing for 5x5. Carry on at that weight. Or is the romanian deadlift in there for a reason.
    What excercise should I do for abs. I done situps, can I substitute it with a plank or do both. As have been doing both before starting the routine

Theres bench and incline in the routine, any reason decline isn't there.
    Last edited by training12; 10-26-2021 at 04:37 PM.

I wouldn’t because that program gets brutal once you get strong. The rest doesn’t matter.

Do an exercise for abs that you can overload

Rdls are better for bodybuilding and way easier to program.

Decline can be swapped for flat.

I wouldn’t because that program gets brutal once you get strong. The rest doesn’t matter.

Do an exercise for abs that you can overload

Rdls are better for bodybuilding and way easier to program.

Decline can be swapped for flat.
    Thanks, will stick to the program.
    How do you overload on abs, increase volume. I could do weighted sit ups. As 3 sets of 15 doesn't feel like much.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by training12 View Post
    Thanks, will stick to the program.
    How do you overload on abs, increase volume. I could do weighted sit ups. As 3 sets of 15 doesn't feel like much.
    You can chose a harder exercise like moving from crunches to dragon flags - bent leg at first then straight leg. You could also progress from kneeling to standing ab wheel rollouts.

What ever exercise you choose you must be able to add weight over a period of time. I do weighted cable crunch’s for abs.

joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by training12 View Post
    Need a recomposition routine which doesn't require super sets. Found the German body recomposition GBC. Too many of the workouts require use of two different sets of equipment. Will be difficult to do that at the gym as others will use it. Any suggestions on routines or splits.
    Yes, sometimes it's hard to superset at gyms. The Y's seem to be the worst; too many old guys like me taking five minute rests between sets <lol>

I've since found a gym I like. Multiple stations, all different but similar, for the same body part. So I do my supersets. If my preferred station is busy I use one of my "backup" stations. If someone grabs one of my stations while I'm working I simply flip over to my backup station.

Sometimes I run into other guys super-setting and we simply flip stations with each other.

I also try to pick non-peak times.

95% of the time I have no issues.
    joe Henry