Closed Thread
Page 1 of 274 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

**Official Song of Ice and Fire Thread (SPOILERS)**

THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS
    Non-Spoiler Discussion: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131699063

Since people were talking about this in the Official thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131699063

Here is the HBO site http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html

Here is George R.R. Martin's (the author) website http://www.georgerrmartin.com/

Here is some video footage/documentary

Here is what the first book cover looks like if you are curious to pick it up

Enjoy....Winter is coming...

Text taken from other thread.

Again, this thread will contain spoilers, please read other thread for non-spoiler discussion!
    Last edited by Team Punishment; 05-22-2013 at 09:50 AM.

feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looking forward to visery's crowning.

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by feno12 View Post
    Looking forward to visery's crowning.
    Me too. I'm re-reading the series before Dance With Dragons comes out and just got past that part.

I'm kind of disappointed with the Eyrie approach. It didn't look anything like I would have pictured it.

cutting time. ffffffuuuuu vitriol's Avatar
    vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Really interested to see how HBO's CGI handles the dragons.. the final scene with Daenerys walking out of the flames gave me chills in the book.

..and my guess is Viserys gets crowned next week - things are really speeding up.. i'm guessing Robert also has a date with a boar next week.
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - U mad?

Originally Posted by vitriol View Post
    Really interested to see how HBO's CGI handles the dragons.. the final scene with Daenerys walking out of the flames gave me chills in the book.

..and my guess is Viserys gets crowned next week - things are really speeding up.. i'm guessing Robert also has a date with a boar next week.
    The name of next weeks episode is "The Golden Crown," so that pretty much gives it away.

I'd guess episode 7 for the boar.

I forgot how Ned basically gets himself killed. It's fine to be honorable, but he takes it too far and thinks that everyone else will be just as honorable as he is.

Wikipedia says GRRM wrote Episode 8...

baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    never read the books but saw the the skull Arya hid in.. i wonder how or if cgi will look.

feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) feno12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheStender View Post
    Me too. I'm re-reading the series before Dance With Dragons comes out and just got past that part.

I'm kind of disappointed with the Eyrie approach. It didn't look anything like I would have pictured it.
    I agree, it looked a touch unreal, I imagined it being on the peak of a mountain, not on the top of a narrow tower of ice. Oh well.

mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Yeah I agree the Eyrie did look very different. In the book i seems as though it's a structure built on the side of the mountain, whereas when I saw it in the show it looked like it was the mountain. Still impressive nonetheless.

Also interested to see Ser Loras in combat, the actor really doesn't give the impression of a great warrior as he is in the book. Worst casting so far imo.

Gnadenlos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gnadenlos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gnadenlos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gnadenlos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gnadenlos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gnadenlos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gnadenlos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gnadenlos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gnadenlos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gnadenlos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gnadenlos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mainguy View Post
    Yeah I agree the Eyrie did look very different. In the book i seems as though it's a structure built on the side of the mountain, whereas when I saw it in the show it looked like it was the mountain. Still impressive nonetheless.

Also interested to see Ser Loras in combat, the actor really doesn't give the impression of a great warrior as he is in the book. Worst casting so far imo.
    Idk, he was pretty much what I thought of in the books. Maybe a touch too doesheevenlift.

The casting has been great otherwise. Tyrion and Jaime were perfectly cast imo.
    "What is happiness? The feeling that power is increasing--that resistance is being overcome."
    - Nietzsche

Mainly hoping that the series will run long enough for the fantastic Tyrion / Tywin scene

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The name of next weeks episode is "The Golden Crown," so that pretty much gives it away.

I'd guess episode 7 for the boar.

I forgot how Ned basically gets himself killed. It's fine to be honorable, but he takes it too far and thinks that everyone else will be just as honorable as he is.

Wikipedia says GRRM wrote Episode 8...
    Yeah, that an the actor playing Vis isn't appearing any in other eppys (except in flashback I imagine).

It's been a long time since I've read AGoT, but I vividly remember being blown back by the scene where Drogo crowns Viscerys. He was a dick (more in the books that the show so far) but his death was pretty horrible.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

NepalianBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) NepalianBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) NepalianBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) NepalianBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) NepalianBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) NepalianBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) NepalianBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) NepalianBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) NepalianBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) NepalianBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) NepalianBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    who is going to be the central character after eddard stark's death? none of the other actors seem to have that presence he has

Originally Posted by NepalianBrah View Post
    who is going to be the central character after eddard stark's death? none of the other actors seem to have that presence he has
    I like to think there is no central character. Reading the first one, you do think Eddard is the main character, but once he goes, you realize there isn't really one.

In regards to the show though, I dunno lol. Brad_Pitt has the truth of it.

Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't know the guys name cause I haven't watched the show, but the tall warrior guy that goes around destroying stuff(he's like 7 feet tall) Posts on this site. At least he did in the progress pics part.
    ***SCC***

The gods will do nothing for us that we cannot do for ourselves.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NepalianBrah View Post
    Exactly.

The casting of his sons were poor. Robb should have exuded the same vibe as Bean and Snow is suppose to be the coolest little bastard in westeros.

Dany is alright but she can't carry the show. With Sean Bean going GOT loses it's driving force.
    Joining Sherdog.com doesn't make you an MMA expert, reading Saucehead's threads don't make you a player and if describe yourself as an "alpha male", chances are, you're not one.

Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Father of Cajun View Post
    I don't know the guys name cause I haven't watched the show, but the tall warrior guy that goes around destroying stuff(he's like 7 feet tall) Posts on this site. At least he did in the progress pics part.
    Yeah he kills Princes, children and rapes Princesses, nasty fella.
    Joining Sherdog.com doesn't make you an MMA expert, reading Saucehead's threads don't make you a player and if describe yourself as an "alpha male", chances are, you're not one.

Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Father of Cajun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brad_Pitt View Post
    Yeah he kills Princes, children and rapes Princesses, nasty fella.
    This show is gonna be on my list to watch this summer between classes.
    ***SCC***

The gods will do nothing for us that we cannot do for ourselves.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Gregor Clegane - The Mountain Who Rides. meant to be just short of eight foot and built like a brick. Loved the Joust with the horse beheading ^^ And looking forward to his later scenes.

vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vitriol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Gregor Clegane - The Mountain Who Rides. meant to be just short of eight foot and built like a brick. Loved the Joust with the horse beheading ^^ And looking forward to his later scenes.
    "but.. but..my daughter aint no whore my lord.."
    *throws a handful of coins at innkeeper*
    "she is now"

Shangius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shangius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shangius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shangius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shangius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shangius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shangius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shangius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shangius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shangius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shangius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jon Snow and Tyrion will undoubtedly be the focus of the show next season. Peter Dinklage is my favorite actor so far in the series, so I could see him carrying it quite well.

Jaime Lannister will become a lot more central as well.
    Strive for
    The body of a God
    The mind of a Scholar
    The humility of a Monk
    And the heart of a Warrior

NoFap/Meditation/GreenTea/Yoga crew

Originally Posted by Shangius View Post
    Jon Snow and Tyrion will undoubtedly be the focus of the show next season. Peter Dinklage is my favorite actor so far in the series, so I could see him carrying it quite well.

Jaime Lannister will become a lot more central as well.
    Don't forget Dany.. there will be a lot more focus on her in later seasons - especially if the series catches up to the books

But i agree 100% with you about it being left up to Peter Dinklage to carry the season.
    Dinklage and Sean Bean are the only "big names" in the series.. once Bean is out it's all on Dinklage's more than capable shoulders

Originally Posted by vitriol View Post
    Don't forget Dany.. there will be a lot more focus on her in later seasons - especially if the series catches up to the books

But i agree 100% with you about it being left up to Peter Dinklage to carry the season.
    Dinklage and Sean Bean are the only "big names" in the series.. once Bean is out it's all on Dinklage's more than capable shoulders
    Lena Headley has been around too. 300 & Sarah Connor Chronicles.

limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always felt that the approach to the Eyrie in the books seemed really unrealistic. First you have a regular path up to Stone, and then a goat path up to Sky, and then basically a 600-foot vertical rock-climbing adventure up to the Eyrie itself? I can't really picture a bunch of nobles getting out the carabiners and bungee cords every time they want to visit the Lord of the Vale.

I agree that the Eyrie in the TV show looks much more artificial than I pictured it in the books. Great job on the sky cells though.
    "This," I said pleasantly, "is known as getting it on."

Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fuuuuuuu should of never came in here

Originally Posted by Bobgnarley View Post
    Fuuuuuuu should of never came in here
    rofl

get out while you still can... before we mention the red wedding..

Really looking forward to the Red Wedding too x3 how do you think they'll handle it? =)

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Father of Cajun View Post
    Link me to his bodyspace. I need to rep Gregor

Really looking forward to the Red Wedding too x3 how do you think they'll handle it? =)
    Probably isn't going to end well for the Starks.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Registered User NickPapageorgio's Avatar
    NickPapageorgio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NickPapageorgio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NickPapageorgio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NickPapageorgio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NickPapageorgio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NickPapageorgio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NickPapageorgio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NickPapageorgio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NickPapageorgio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NickPapageorgio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NickPapageorgio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    Link me to his bodyspace. I need to rep Gregor

Probably isn't going to end well for the Starks.
    his name is conan stevens

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=845934

So I am assuming that Benjin Stark is dead now??
    Nobody panics when things go according to plan, even if the plan is horrifying.

-- The Joker

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132717543 - My broke pro athlete listing...

Can't wait to see Gregor and Oberyn obliterate each other.

They did a good job with the crowning. It was good to see it come to him, breaking his arm was a nice touch.