wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Down 50 lbs, but will I ever have a shot at a 6 pack?

Hey guys,
    Long time, first time. I have been reading this board as a tool for support and motivation over the past year and it has been very helpful so I thank you all for that. I committed to get in shape a little over a year ago now and I have lost around 50 lbs. I am now at 6'1" and 210 lbs. My weight loss has left me with what seems to be loose skin but there is still plenty of fat underneath it. Based on these pictures, do you think a 6 pack will ever be feasible or will my skin only get looser after the loss of more fat (I have a fair amount of stretch marks already)? Also wondering how far away I am from a more defined look. Thanks for the help, and hopefully I am not breaking any of the rules from the stickies up above, don't want to piss off all the vets here.

Maybe I am just stressed out because I have been stalled a few weeks, but here is my diet FWIW

Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 210

Maintenence cals: 3100
    Cutting cals:2400 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat
    Attached Images

TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say cut for another 6-8 weeks and your abs will alot more visible, but i personally would do a clean bulk

wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiscpackers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheMindMadness View Post
    I would say cut for another 6-8 weeks and your abs will alot more visible, but i personally would do a clean bulk
    Not sure I would feel comfortable bulking. Do not have access to a gym at the moment and my main goal really is to lean out, I have been a bigger guy my entire life.

jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't get frustrated! **** bro u lost 50lbs, congrats on ur accomplishment, it deserves some reconigtion.

I think ur well on ur way, stay focused, and motivated and ull get to where u want to be no doubt.

If I were u I would cut q bit more, slow clean bulk, cut again and no doubt u will have a six pack from hell
    Working towards green

TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From the pics it looks like you have some decent abbs under there anyway another 8 weeks and you should look pretty shredded! our at that stage where your going to really start noticing a difference as you drop that last little bit of bodyfat

Thumbs up

Don't get frustrated! **** bro u lost 50lbs, congrats on ur accomplishment, it deserves some reconigtion.

I think ur well on ur way, stay focused, and motivated and ull get to where u want to be no doubt.

If I were u I would cut q bit more, slow clean bulk, cut again and no doubt u will have a six pack from hell
    Originally Posted by TheMindMadness View Post
    From the pics it looks like you have some decent abbs under there anyway another 8 weeks and you should look pretty shredded! our at that stage where your going to really start noticing a difference as you drop that last little bit of bodyfat
    Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Going through the cutting grind from being a former fat guy is tough so I am just trying to tough it out right now. I realize a lot of people are starting at this stage and I have been grinding for a while.

These are the supplements I have used the past few months to help with my cutting diet:
    Multi: Animal Pak
    Thermo: Oxyelite Pro
    BCAA: Xtend
    EFA: 5g of Fish Oil
    Other: 4.5g of CLA

Any other comments, critiques, or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by wiscpackers; 04-18-2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: add quote

Lacerator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You look good, bud. I can't even beleive you think you were fat at one time. lol I've been going up and down for the last few years myself and I know how hard it can be but hang in there. You'll see abs but you'll have to get down close to single digit bodyfat percentages. Just read up on cycling so you don't have to kill yourself for long stretches like this. BTW you don't need a gym to bulk. Many resistance movements can be done with out 'gym' equipment. You just need to use some imagination and a little know-how. Just eat clean and things will continue to progress. Just remember you don't need to be perfect to be perfect.

Lucas29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucas29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucas29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucas29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucas29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucas29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucas29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucas29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucas29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucas29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lucas29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I definetly think it's possible. We have similar body types and similar stats. I lost 65lbs so far, 243-178 and I still have a ways to go before the "full six" Here's a link to a thread with some pics, but we're pretty close to the same. I may have a bit more definition, but not alot. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133665391
    As much as it sucks, the harsh reality is that we have to lose more than we ever think we have to originally. I always thought if I could just get down to 190 I'd be happy. then I got to 190 and my standards for myself tightened up. 180 and still not where I really, truly want to be. By the looks of it, I'm going to have to get all the way down to 165 or so before I end up with a true 6 pack which is very discouraging, but hey, I've already put in this much work, so why stop now? Take a peek at MSMOOB if you get a chance. He had to get all the way down to like 140 (he's a good 4 or 5 inches shorther than us though) or maybe a little less, but he's shredded now!!! He will tell you he never thought he'd have to get that low. I'd say in all honesty, you're going to have to get down to around 170-175 to be ripped. Especially since you don't lift heavy. You'll be losing some lean mass as you go.

Originally Posted by Lacerator View Post
    You look good, bud. I can't even beleive you think you were fat at one time. lol I've been going up and down for the last few years myself and I know how hard it can be but hang in there. You'll see abs but you'll have to get down close to single digit bodyfat percentages. Just read up on cycling so you don't have to kill yourself for long stretches like this. BTW you don't need a gym to bulk. Many resistance movements can be done with out 'gym' equipment. You just need to use some imagination and a little know-how. Just eat clean and things will continue to progress. Just remember you don't need to be perfect to be perfect.

Oh trust me, I was indeed fat. After my first year in college I got out of control and I was up to 295. I hovered around 270 for a year and really kicked it into gear around the 260 mark. But being at those high weights makes me want to shy away from bulking at all. I have been using programs such as P90X and Insanity and they have been working well for the type of results I am trying to achieve. I was thinking about cutting cals even more but from what I have been reading, that seems like a bad idea due to muscle loss.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You look amazing coming from 295 and you are really close to abs. Another 10 pounds and they will start coming in... 185 to ripping abs.. that is my guess anyway.

You look good now...better at 200...fantastic at 190...

Your my height, maint cals and diet macros look about the same...

You're almost there....you can taste it, right?
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Firwst of all awesome job. 50lbs is quite an accomplishment. Second...keep cutting and you be lookin good bro. Just keep at it man ur real close

Registered User TransformedChef's Avatar
    TransformedChef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TransformedChef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TransformedChef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TransformedChef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TransformedChef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TransformedChef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good job man, really impressive. I'm maybe a month behind your progress and seeing you gives me some hope. I'm also really worried about the skin around my belly, I'm young so I'm hoping my body will be nice to me! It's fine, when I stand upright, but when I pick something up in the bathroom I rather not check out my bellyskin......
    Last edited by TransformedChef; 04-18-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Originally Posted by bigollie2006 View Post
    Firwst of all awesome job. 50lbs is quite an accomplishment. Second...keep cutting and you be lookin good bro. Just keep at it man ur real close
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    You look amazing coming from 295 and you are really close to abs. Another 10 pounds and they will start coming in... 185 to ripping abs.. that is my guess anyway.

You look good now...better at 200...fantastic at 190...

Your my height, maint cals and diet macros look about the same...

You're almost there....you can taste it, right?
    I really appreciate the feedback guys. I worked my butt off to get even to this stage so I'll have to keep that in mind while I try to fight through this plateau. Your words of wisdom will keep me pushing though! Any diet tips would be great.

On that note I am wondering about adding either 1) A slightly higher carb day or 2) a weekly refeed.

I have read quite a bit by searching these forums to see if refeeds are beneficial but I still am not sure if it is stricly for those following a ketogenic diet or not.

Please let me know if you have used either of these tactics to break through a plateau, or if I should simply keep grinding the way I have been and hope for the best.

Originally Posted by TransformedChef View Post
    Good job man, really impressive. I'm maybe a month behind your progress and seeing you gives me some hope. I'm also really worried about the skin around my belly, I'm young so I'm hoping my body will be nice to me! It's fine, when I'm stand upright, but when I pick something up in the bathroom I rather not check out my bellyskin......
    I know EXACTLY where you are coming from man

MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TransformedChef View Post
    It's fine, when I'm stand upright, but when I pick something up in the bathroom I rather not check out my bellyskin......
    Oh man, this...

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by wiscpackers View Post

Please let me know if you have used either of these tactics to break through a plateau, or if I should simply keep grinding the way I have been and hope for the best.
    I can only tell you what works for me. My body responds to low carb. I don't enjoy it, but I can't deny that I lose fat on low carb. The more I restrict the carbs the better. Then about once every 3 weeks when I seem to be stalling and can't stand it anymore, I just pig out. Pizza, beer, ice cream, the works. I immediately gain about 10 pounds and then over the next week it all falls off plus a couple more pounds. I'm not saying that is the way to go for you. I'm just saying it works for me. At least to a point. I've never been really lean like some of these guys. My trainer measured me this morning at about 13% body fat at 205. I'm very comfortable here. Not great abs, but a shadow outline. I'm fairly strong in the weight room and decent running on the road too. The only reason I say this is because you appear to be almost my size just 25 years younger. The sky is the limit for you.

I'd suggest you grind through and make 190 your goal. From there cycle between 190 and 200 until you have the bod you've dreamed of. You're very lucky. You've got a great base and I don't see any loose skin at all.
    Last edited by ejthomp; 04-18-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    We are the same height, similar frames and you have thirty pounds on me. You look way better than I do. Just keep doing what you're doing.

for the sake of trying to more accurately recalculate my maintenance cals, is someone able to estimate my bf%? I am just a little worried that I am bringing in too many calories a day at 2400.