Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    Nice inspiration Athena!!!
    thanks!

Still at it, folks. In five days, I will be on a modified keto diet and back into my full-on bodybuilding for four months. People have been noticing the changes, and I'm being patient. I'm not going to get frustrated and quit and go backwards. It's just not going to happen. A couple of weeks ago, I finally started using the full dosage of the supp's I'm taking from Beverly International. I was just a hair under the dosage, thinking I didn't need the full deal. Well, the weight has finally started to really peel off. Last week, I lost 1.5 lbs of fat and put on 1/2 lb of muscle. Shocking, but true. I did the BF test two days in a row. This brings me to a total of 8 lbs of fat lost, and (if I'm remembering correctly) 3 lbs of muscle gained in nearly four months. Pretty damned good.

This morning I made myself cry during my pushup workout!! It's just like the old days!

Gonna quickly check in with others, then I've got to get to work.

Make it a great day, folks -- why spend this ONE DAY being miserable? After all, you can't ever get this day back.
    Athi

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work, Athi. I love that you have outlined a plan and are chugging forward!
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    Great work, Athi. I love that you have outlined a plan and are chugging forward!
    HOOOOOSIER IN THE HOUSE!

Holy cow it's good to see you here...though I know you won't be back to see this again.

~~ * ~~

Can't figure out the numbers on the BF tester from week to week. If they're right, I've either put on three lbs of muscle over the past four months, or lost a pound of muscle. It's very weird. I'm going to stick with "put on three lbs of muscle."

Switching to power exercises for the next month with higher reps as usual. I need to start packing on the muscle here. Increasing protein considerably as well. I can't even say if I've been hitting 100g daily on a consistent basis.

Today's workout: pushup drop sets and straight bar overhead presses

Pushup drop sets go as follows: AMRAP each angle -- floor, then to a rack the hubs has set up for deads, then to the bench, then to modified from my knees on the floor. So I'm decreasing the total weight required for each angle. No break between angles = one set. I have to meet or beat the total number of reps from the week before. Today's total reps was 64 -- in two sets of the four angles each. Four more reps than last week. WOOT!

Followed by four sets of straight bar overhead presses.

Lots of rest between sets since the hubs and I were doing work in the barn between our respective sets.

FINALLY hit 126 lbs yesterday. Holy crap. Haven't seen that number in years. And I mean YEARS. Very happy right now. Doing lots of happy dances.

~athi

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Congrats on 126 lbs!
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Congrats on 126 lbs!
    Thanks! Now down to 125 lbs. Wowza. My first official goal was 125 lbs, followed by 125 lbs with 20% BF. Can't say where I'm at with BF% because I can't get a clear read on the thing. Yeah, I know they're unreliable sometimes (mine hasn't been unreliable before...) but it should be consistently unreliable. What matters is that I'm fitting into pants I haven't fit into in YEARS and that I'm packing on really good muscle.

Okay, today's workout was:

46 min hike/jog/run, 3.3 mi. takes me a long time to get through this...i will never be able to jog the whole thing because the angle of the hill is so steep going up (i've taken other people with me who were nearly on their hands and knees begging for mercy on the last part of the hill), but have started to jog up a little bit of it. the controlled, chaotic run down the other side and back to the ranch is getting better.

immediately after the hike/jog/run was the following:

pushups: 110 total over five sets (yup, making crazy progress here)
    superset with
    assisted pullups: 90 total over six sets

i always finish up with standing rear flyes and my internal/external RC exercises

so this power program of mine is coming to a close soon, but i've made such great strides that i'm considering extending it into september. i work out three times a week:

workout 1: pushups & pullups, RC exercises and shoulder health/balancing
    workout 2: back squats & deadlifts
    workout 3: bench press & incline dumbbell rows on bench, RC exercises and shoulder exercises + health and balancing

diet has morphed into high protein, moderate fat, very low carbs, and i don't stick with it religiously every week. took a couple of weeks off during plum season (we have THE BEST plum tree on the ranch!), and that didn't even qualify as time off -- i just ate plums and blueberries and cherries those two weeks. it's all working for me and i'm a happy girl.

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Wow. All great!!!

Super progress thus far. My world has slowed down a bit lately, so I'm hoping to get in here more regularly.

New workouts: Not exactly married to each day...I move workouts from day to day depending on my schedule for the week.

1. Squatless Sundays (or Saturdays): floor deads, side squat walks, leg extensions, SLDLs, lunges, bench dips for triceps
    2. Pushups Plus: (usually Mondays): pushups, flat flyes, SA rows, woodchoppers, internal/external RC work, standing rear flyes, driving Grandma to church
    3. Squats Plus: Squats, single leg standing calf raises, core work
    4. Bench press plus: Bench press, kneeling lat pulls, BO powerbar rows, front/side delts, and something else but I forget

Basically, I've learned I can't do all back or all chest in one workout. My shoulder do not like that.

I'm rocking the pushups, having gone from ZERO floor, full body pushups to cranking out 30 with two 30 second pauses in there. My goal overall is to be able to do 50 pushups in a row without stopping.

Didn't do my eight month photos in November...been a tad bit busy, but will do some in January and share a side by side comparison of day 1 (March 10) versus 10 months later.

This is all.

🥋 A Karate Kid age 64 🔥 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz

Thumbs up

A person like you who is always busy helping poor people all over the world, still, remember us and come back!!

I miss those days back then when female bodybuilding members were able to safely post their photos here in this forum. Yours are in my heart, I can still visualize them when I close my eyes.

Stay safe and be beautiful forever, my little sis.

🌺 Lauren Brooks Kelly (snailsrus) - Jul 25, 1991 – Jan 29, 2022
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Journals > Samurai, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373&page=200
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 64-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post
    A person like you who is always busy helping poor people all over the world, still, remember us and come back!!

I miss those days back then when female bodybuilding members were able to safely post their photos here in this forum. Yours are in my heart, I can still visualize them when I close my eyes.

Stay safe and be beautiful forever, my little sis.

thank you, kind sir. last night was our first night of the season delivering hot dinners to the local homeless shelter. i was very saddened to see two people still here from last year. i had hoped they'd have a chance to find someplace permanent.

i *will* post before and current photos in december...i just didn't do updated pics in november.

~~ * ~~

today's workout had to be broken into two sessions. first session at 8:00 a.m.:

bench press: 10#-10; 20#-10; 30#-10, 10, 12!, 12! o..m..g.. total weight: 1,620lbs, up 120# from last week
    *superset with*
    kneeling lat pulls: 60#-12; 65#-10, 9, 10, 10! yowza

UH grip BO powerbar rows: 10#-12; 20#-10, 10!, 12!, 10!
    *superset with*
    front/side delts:6#spinlocks - 10!, 10!, 10!, 10!! yooowwwza

3:00 p.m. workout:

pullovers:12#spinlocks - 10, 12! (ooowwwww); 10#spinlocks - 12, X
    .....my overhead gondola rows destroyed my lats, delts, obliques and abdominal muscle yesterday...owww...couldn't do another pullover set without cramping up
    *superset with*
    [b]bench dips, feet on milk crate:[b/] 10, 12!, 12!, 12! (lots of whimpering in here)

[b]face pulls:]/b] 30#-12; 40#-10, 12!, 10!, 12! --> unfortunately, i think there was a fifth set in there but i lost count..no blood in mah brain.

lots of notes scrawled all over my journal. keeping my bench presses at 30# for now until four sets of 12 reps aren't much of a challenge, then i'll increase it.

cheers, all -- stay safe and stay sane.
    ~athi

Thumbs up

Impressive workout progress!

StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Whether you post about it or not, just keep lifting
    Lifting. Hockey. Headbanging.

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175144571

Impressive workout progress!
    Thank you! I seem to have stalled on pushups progress. need to do some evaluation on my plan i guess. i can't even get back to 20 in a row without stopping for some reason.

Originally Posted by StinnerOzz View Post
    Whether you post about it or not, just keep lifting
    oh, i won't stop lifting. it's just in my blood. i feel normal and centered and balanced when i'm lifting regularly.

** ~ **

okay, been a rough month. i know life isn't supposed to be easy...but give me a break for just one month!! i am SO READY for this year to be OVER.

because of schedule constraints, i've had to continue to break up my workouts. also, yesterday i got my booster jab, so i had to modify the rest of the workout this a.m.

yesterday a.m.
    squats: atg 10#-10; atg 20#-10; atg 30#-12; narrow stance 30# - 12; atg 30# - 11; atg 30# - 11; narrows 30# - 12
    **sticking with 30# here on squats until there is no more wobbling and no more body english. every once in a while i catch myself coming forward an inch to move through my sticking point on the way back up. that needs to stop before i progress.

sl standing calves: 10, 10, 10, 10 <-- owww.
    superset with
    lunges: 10# spinlocks at centerline - 10, 10, 10, 10 <-- also owww. some cramping here.

finished the workout this a.m.:
    giant sets -->
    ql side-overs: 15# plates - x 10 x 3 sets
    shrugs: 25# plates - x 10 x 3 sets
    prone lower body angels: 16!, 16!, 16! <-- these burned my tushie. literally.

finished off with side v-ups: 12 on each side. not very easy. i was beat.

Registered User charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice thread Athena, and thx for stopping in to mine. Keep lifting Girl
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

"FUC JOE BIDEN & ALL DEMOCRATS, SCHUMER IS A TRAITOR. TRUMP 2024"

*Current Weight & Thread w/ Video's*
    Weight / 185.6
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

Originally Posted by charlievanriper View Post
    Nice thread Athena, and thx for stopping in to mine. Keep lifting Girl
    thank you. i'm heading into "old" territory at 56 years and 9 days now, and i'm absolutely friggin determined to go into my 60s fitter than i was at 50. i was fitter at 40 than i was at 50!! not again. not again, nuh-uh.

today's workout was done in one session. i have had to break up my workouts for personal reasons lately, and this morning i just had to put my foot down and tell the hubs that i CANNOT break up my workout and he got it.

bench press:
    10# - 10
    20# - 10
    30# - 12
    30# - 11
    30# - 10+3
    30# - 10+3
    30# - 11+2

i am trying to increase reps on 30# to help with endurance on my pushups.

*superset with *

kneeling lat pulls:
    60# - 10
    65# - 11
    65# - 10
    65# - 10
    65# - 11
    65# - 10

UH BO powerbar rows
    ** this is an old, ancient power bar that a friend of the hubs' found. we weighed it at about 55 lbs
    10# - 12
    20# - 10
    20# - 10
    20# - 10
    20# - 10

*giant set with *
    Glass front raises:
    10#SL - 10, 10, 10, 10

*also with *
    side raises:
    6#SL - 10, 10, 10, 10

pullovers: 12#SL - 10, 10, 12, 12
    *superset with*
    bench dips, feet on second bench: 10, 10, 8, 9
    --> no break between first two supersets and again between second two supersets

finished off with face pulls:
    35# -12; 40# - 9, 10, 10

tons of exclamation points and notes and near-puking today and tons of whimpering and self-talking with pep talks...but it got done. quite proud of myself.

IN OTHER NEWS... i took my nine month progress photos today and i transferred them to my external drive and then, like magic, managed to delete them all. (insert pissed off emoji here) i'll retake them tomorrow a.m.

cheers all,
    ~athi

Thumbs up

Great job!

Great job!
    thanks!
    “This is worship: To serve mankind and to minister to the needs of the people.
    Service is prayer. A physician ministering to the sick, gently, tenderly,
    free from prejudice and believing in the solidarity of the human race,
    he is giving praise.”
    ~ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Today's workout:

64 total pushups
    first round: 20, 12+5+5, 6+4 = 52
    ...left it all on the floor

supersets:
    SA spinlock rows: 26# - 11; 30# - 9, 9; 26# - 11
    incline spinlock flyes: 10# - 11, 12, 13, 14

supersets:
    int/ext rotation, supinated grip, for RC: 3# x 10 x 4 sets
    standing rear spinlock flyes: 12# - 12 x 4 sets

scheduled to do four supersets of woodchoppers and EZ bar OH gondola rows...managed just the following:
    woodchoppers: 12# - 16 -- wimpy weight but i was spent already
    gondola rows: 12 total

scheduled to do power bar moving for 3 minutes but skipped it. will have to do tomorrow.

finished up with 12 more pushups.

this was one of those "came close to puking several times" workouts and it felt good.
    he is giving praise.”
    ~ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    I can't believe I'm doing this. The only thing that's NOT stopping me from posting these photos is the fact that i can't embed them, so i can't see them once i attach 'em. also, the fact that one person sometimes reads my journal helps me think that no one will ever see these stupid pics.

so...361 days ago, i slipped and fell behind our barn on my way to my jeep. just tryin' to get myself to work, and there i was, flat on my back with no one around to help. i was lucky that i: 1.) didn't break anything, 2.) could reach my purse, and 3.) because i could reach my purse, i could therefore my phone my hubs to come out and get me. while i was lying there, frozen and in pain, staring up at the sky, all i could think was, "something's gotta change."

i was fat. just how fat, i didn't really know until six months later when i looked at my side-by-side photos. for the next two weeks, i lived on arnica montana, cirucumin phytosome, tissue rejuvenator (from hammer), and ibuprofen. i couldn't take time off work, so i had to keep going in and breathe and stretch and focus while working.

after two weeks, i decided to start with gentle yoga. i wanted to make small changes and see if i could keep these changes going consistently, so i decided to make a new small change every three to four weeks. when i started the gentle yoga, i felt good, and by mid-february, i was ready to start easy weightlifting and easy jogging.

by march 10, though, the weight was bothering me too much to ignore it anymore. the next step was my diet.

that was the day i took my day 1 photos, and the day i started keto. the keto diet made my blood sugar ridiculously unstable, and by april i decided i needed more protein because of my weightlifting needs. i cut the fat way back when i realized that was making my blood sugar go bonkers.

in the last couple of months, i've increased the intensity of my workouts and have expanded them from three to four or five days per week. i also increased the amount of protein in my diet, shooting for 100-125g per day.

i am really focused. i feel as if i'm back in pre-contest mode. i don't miss any starchy carbs (tried eating a little bit a month or so ago and go sick), i don't miss my keto ice cream bars (a food trigger for my compulsive eating), and i have a goal in mind.

i'll post tomorrow's workout tomorrow...i don't post often, but i'm crushing my workouts lately.

and now...i have to suck it up and let you see where i started nine months ago and where i am now. lawdy this is terrifying.

~athi

Attachment 9380273
    Attachment 9380283
    Really excellent progress. You look fantastic!

DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Subbed!!! Keep up the good work!
    Make It a Great Day! Just call me Dusty. It's a Clown 🤡 World out there.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Really excellent progress. You look fantastic!
    Thank you! I'm getting loads of compliments from my friends and the hubs is please as well.

Originally Posted by DustinTheHuss View Post
    Subbed!!! Keep up the good work!
    HEY YOU!! Good to have you here!

I'll have to post today's workout tomorrow. My workout log is on the other side of the room and I'm too lazy to get get it.
    he is giving praise.”
    ~ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you! I'm getting loads of compliments from my friends and the hubs is please as well.

HEY YOU!! Good to have you here!

I'll have to post today's workout tomorrow. My workout log is on the other side of the room and I'm too lazy to get get it.
    Lol get your rest. It’s a busy time of the year!

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Today's workout:

64 total pushups
    first round: 20, 12+5+5, 6+4 = 52
    ...left it all on the floor

supersets:
    SA spinlock rows: 26# - 11; 30# - 9, 9; 26# - 11
    incline spinlock flyes: 10# - 11, 12, 13, 14

supersets:
    int/ext rotation, supinated grip, for RC: 3# x 10 x 4 sets
    standing rear spinlock flyes: 12# - 12 x 4 sets

scheduled to do four supersets of woodchoppers and EZ bar OH gondola rows...managed just the following:
    woodchoppers: 12# - 16 -- wimpy weight but i was spent already
    gondola rows: 12 total

scheduled to do power bar moving for 3 minutes but skipped it. will have to do tomorrow.

finished up with 12 more pushups.

this was one of those "came close to puking several times" workouts and it felt good.
    you go girl,
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

Weight / 185.6

Lol get your rest. It’s a busy time of the year!
    shoot, it's always a busy time of year for me.

you go girl,
    hehe! i am, i am!

~~ * ~~

yesterday's workout:

squats: 2,560# -- up 320# from last week's workout
    finally venturing up over 30# again. i'd been doing 40-50lbs but my form wasn't perfect, so i dialed it back down for a couple of months.

10# - 10
    20# - 10
    30# - 12
    30# - 14 narrow stance
    30# - 12 narrow stance
    40# - 8
    40# - 10 last rep wasn't entirely flawless
    40# - 10 narrow stance

superset with

sl standing calves: 12, 12, 9, 10, 9
    ...i force myself to find another half inch on these...then another half inch...i am SORE today

giant set:
    ql sideovers: 15# - 8 x 3 sets
    shrugs: 25# each hand x 12 x 3 sets
    prone lower body angels: 16, 16, 20

superset:
    woodchoppers: 16# - 12
    side v-ups: 13 each side

solid workout. quite pleased with myself.

this morning i walked for about 35-40 minutes. Calves are angry with me.
    he is giving praise.”
    ~ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

My work schedule is changing YET AGAIN, which is how it goes in the medical/healthcare world these days, so I will have to rework my workouts. Also the planned workout for today is just way too long. I will finish it this afternoon.

bench press:
    10# - 10
    20# - 10
    30# - 15!
    30# - 14
    30# - 14
    40# - 8!! -- no spotter...felt good about getting all eight out without crushing myself
    30# - 13!

double set with

kneeling lat pulls:
    60# - 10
    65# - 11
    65# - 11
    65# - 11
    65# - 12
    65# - 12
    65# - 11

giant set:

UH powerbar rows:
    10# - 10
    20# - 12
    30# - 10
    20# - 12
    20# - 12
    20# - 12

glass protocol front raises:
    10# - 10
    10# - 12
    10# - 12
    10# - 12
    10# - 12

side raises:
    6# - 10
    6# - 10
    8# - 10
    8# - 10
    8# - 10

finished up my workout at 1:45pm:

giant sets:
    pullovers:
    12# - 12
    12# - 12
    14# - 12

bench dips: feet on massive sterilite bin

face pulls:
    35# - 12
    40# - 12
    45# - 12

i was scheduled to do four giant sets but i felt i was done after three. i could probably have pushed through the fourth...but i honestly could not see the point.

cheers,
    athi

BIG EDIT: bench press is up 180lbs over last week!! woot woot!!
    Last edited by Athena; 12-23-2021 at 02:33 PM.
    he is giving praise.”
    ~ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Thumbs up

Extremely impressive nine-month progress!!! Great job!!!

Hoping all is well and you had a great Christmas Athena, Wishing you a vary awesome New years.. Some good news my hip pain is getting better now and soon I'll be back slammin and bangin again, Just no more heavy deadlifts anymore

Weight / 185.6

Extremely impressive nine-month progress!!! Great job!!!
    Thanks! I needed that. I was mortified when I first saw the day 1 photo against the six month progress photo. I kept telling my husband that it couldn't be me. I insisted that it wasn't me. He just got this look of pain on his face, and I blurted out, "I WAS A PIG! WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING?!"

Hoping all is well and you had a great Christmas Athena, Wishing you a vary awesome New years.. Some good news my hip pain is getting better now and soon I'll be back slammin and bangin again, Just no more heavy deadlifts anymore
    Thank you, Sir Charles. I work through the holidays...Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year's, whatever...that's the way it is when there's only one of you to go around.

Okay, my weight lifting progress is going gangbusters, but the weight loss has stalled. I've re-examined my diet and am switching things up there. Made a batch of chocolate chip cookies (with erythritol and coconut sugar, but not gluten free) and had a few for two days in a row to try and shock my body. It did nothing but give me cravings! Ha!

Have been working out through the near 0F temps lately, got my arse out even when it was 12F outside. It wore me out all last week, though.

This week, in order to keep my body guessing, I switched up my workouts, and I'm having fun again.

Monday Jan 3
    7:00 a.m.

pushups: 15+5, 11+6+4, 11

Power bar deads: 20#-10; 30#-10; 40#-9, 9, 9, 9
    superset with
    side squat walks: 6, 8, 10, 8, 8, 10

mixed in supersets of:
    SA spinlock rows: 26#-10, 12; 30#-10, 10, 10
    incline spinlock flyes: 8#-10, 12; 10#-12; 12#-12

finished up with more pushups: 15 came off pretty easily

1:00 p.m.
    giant set:
    EZ bar SLDLs: 30#-12; 40#-10 x 4 sets
    SL ham curls: 12#-12; 15#-10; 17#-8, 8, 8
    SL leg ext: 17#-12; 20#-12; 22#-12; 25#-10, 10 --> just kept increasing the weight and kept hammering out painful sets

Wednesday, Jan 5
    squats: 20#-10, 10; 30#-10, 10 narrow; 40#-12; 10, 10, 10 narrow
    superset with
    shrugs: 25# plates - 16 x 5 sets

finished with bulgarians: bw-8; 10#ea hand - 8, 8

Thursday, Jan 6
    7:30 a.m.
    pushups: 20 --> nearly puked

supersets of
    woodchoppers: 18# - 10 x 3 sets
    burpees: 10 x 3 sets

kickboxing: 6 minutes

giant set of
    OH gondola rows, straight bar: 16 tota, 16 tot, 14 tot
    EZ bi curls: 10# x 10 x 3 sets (embarrassing but my bis were tiiiiired)
    bench dips: 10 x 3 sets

maxi set
    front/side/rear delt raises: 10# db - 10/10/10 x 3 sets --> whimpering here

kickboxing: 4 minutes

pushups again: 10 --> angry arms by now

gotta figure out what to do for tomorrow...maybe get on my bike trainer and then do yoga. i would normally do bench presses and more on fridays but that just ain't gonna happen tomorrow!! gotta move those to saturday.

stay safe out there, peeps!
    ~athi
    he is giving praise.”
    ~ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great progress over 9 months. Cold weather workouts are always tough but glad you're still out there getting after it.

Great job this week!

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Great progress over 9 months. Cold weather workouts are always tough but glad you're still out there getting after it.
    Thanks. I am tired, tired, tired of going out in the cold to do my workouts, but I am also NOT giving up.

Great job this week!
    Thanks! I'm feeling good about my workouts lately.

~~ * ~~

Have had to mix up my workouts even more lately. Pleased with my progress. Did a ton of standing long jumps on Saturday and could hardly walk for several days. Finally am at the point where I'm barely sore. That means I'm due for more of 'em tomorrow.

Today's workout:

4:30 a.m. (just like the old days!)

double set --
    spinlock bench presses: 20-12; 26-10, 10, 10, 10 ---> nearly puked during the last three sets
    kneeling lat pulls: 60-10; 65-12; 70-10; 65-12,12 ---> tough tough tough. pleased that i managed to hammer out a set at 70#

double set --
    incline spinlock presses: 20-10, 13; 25-7; 20-12 ---> whimpered a lot after these
    straight arm pressdowns: 35-10, 12, 10, 10 --> still more whimpering

AMRAP rear flyes: 10# spinlocks - 16

leg raises off bench with hip raises: 12
    side v-ups: 10 each side

was up early. took the dog out, then put her back to bed with the hubs, and headed out to the barn. felt good to get it done early.

happy thursday, peeps!
    ~athi
    he is giving praise.”
    ~ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá