wbob544 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking to end a 21 year bulking cycle

Hey all who come across this post Im looking to end my bulking cycle and to start a cutting cycle.

Some stats:
    weight: 290
    BF%: 31
    BMI:43

I have some lifting experience and no diet experience. This will my first serious attempt to lose a considerable amount. My long-term goal is to find an ideal weight that suits my body. My medium-term goal is to lose >75 this time next year. My short-term goal is to lose about 25 lbs a quarter. What I'm looking for is some sage advice, basic routine, diet guidelines, and last but not least accountability.

Current diet:

Current drinking regiment
    Water <1L/day
    Soda 1.5-2L/day

Breakfast
    none

Lunch
    Taco bell: 1/week
    frozen pizza 2-3/week
    taquitos 2-3/week
    Hamburger 1/week

Dinner
    Taco bell 2/week
    Chicken w/ rice 2/week
    Steak 1/week

I'll be updating my progress monthly.

tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good luck bro. Find a routine that fits you and stick with it. Plenty to clean up with your diet. Once you do that you'll see progress. Don't get complacent or discouraged, just keep with it and you'll do fine.

WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wbob544 View Post
    Hey all who come across this post Im looking to end my bulking cycle and to start a cutting cycle.

Some stats:
    weight: 290
    BF%: 31
    BMI:43

I'll be updating my progress monthly.
    Hello and welcome,
    First and foremost go to tdeecalculator dot net make sure you put sedentary unless you work in construction labor. Then subtract from there roughly 500 calories for each pound you want to lose a week (roughly). Highly suggest using a calorie tracking app, I personally like MyFitnessPal. When you use the app you can put in your exercise which is good, however it is always going to give you extremely high estimates on how many calories you are burning, everyone here suggests not eating them back. The only time I ever eat any back is when I go on really long road bike rides but only like an eighth of what the apps say.

You know your diet needs improvement. Using a calorie tracker will help you realize just how much you can easily make by cutting some simple things out. If it is too hard to make drastic changes, if your soda is sugar try switching to diet (not a fan of diet soda either, but better than the alternative), then maybe seltzer water? Just doing that alone will save you a ton of empty calories. You need to cut a lot of that crap out, either rip the bandaid off and do it all at once, or make incremental changes.

If you have not really dieted before or worked out a lot losing 15-20lbs your first month is not insane. Just depends how fast you want to lose weight and how dedicated you want to be. For a workout program I personally like jefit app, lots of novice programs on there and really easy to use (was recommended to me by someone here).

Whatever you do, do not stop moving forward. I kept putting weight loss off and when I finally buckled down I was 369.

Best,
    ep
    Baby Steps - Dr Leo Marvin (What About Bob lol)