Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    salsaverde76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salsaverde76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salsaverde76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salsaverde76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salsaverde76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salsaverde76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salsaverde76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salsaverde76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salsaverde76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salsaverde76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salsaverde76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Adjustable Dumbbells

I am doing P90X. I wanted adjustable dumbbells.

I saw quite a few bad reviews on the Bowflex models. I checked them out at Dick's. They were OK, you had dials on each side of the dumbbell. They also had a brand called Core Fitness with just one handle dial. I think they are Dick's brand of fitness equip because I couldn't find them online. The design is better and they adjust in 5lb increments easily. 5-50lbs. There is a lot of plastic however and am wondering how long these will last. I bought them because of the 90 day return policy. They work pretty well, just wondering about whether these $400 dumbbells are going to hold up.

I was looking at the Powerblocks. They are a bit less $, expandable, and have a lifetime warranty. The only drawbacks I found were they don't change between smaller weights 5/ 2.5 lbs easily (not as easily as the turn of a handle, you have to unlock the outer weights, remove handle weights, and then relock the outer weights. They also feel a bit unbalanced (more weight to the bottom).

Will I even need to expand them? I'm not trying to look like Arnold. Tony H. would be good though...

Anyone have any thoughts, opinions, or hard facts on this?

Thanks,
    SV76

MNRider008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNRider008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNRider008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNRider008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNRider008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNRider008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNRider008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNRider008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNRider008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNRider008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNRider008 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have the ironmasters with the 125lb add on kit and really like them. Very solid and no finicky dials, etc. I'm not sure what's involved in P90X but for heavy lifts I prefer the solid feel to the ironmasters over other adjustable dumbbells.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by salsaverde76 View Post

I saw quite a few bad reviews on the Bowflex models. I checked them out at Dick's. They were OK, you had dials on each side of the dumbbell. They also had a brand called Core Fitness with just one handle dial. I think they are Dick's brand of fitness equip because I couldn't find them online. The design is better and they adjust in 5lb increments easily. 5-50lbs. There is a lot of plastic however and am wondering how long these will last. I bought them because of the 90 day return policy. They work pretty well, just wondering about whether these $400 dumbbells are going to hold up.

I was looking at the Powerblocks. They are a bit less $, expandable, and have a lifetime warranty. The only drawbacks I found were they don't change between smaller weights 5/ 2.5 lbs easily (not as easily as the turn of a handle, you have to unlock the outer weights, remove handle weights, and then relock the outer weights. They also feel a bit unbalanced (more weight to the bottom).

Will I even need to expand them? I'm not trying to look like Arnold. Tony H. would be good though...

Thanks,
    SV76
    when i picked up the bowflex adjustable dumbbells from dicks floor model 3 disks slipped right out.

they do look pretty sweet, if you're into that kinda look, but the build quality sucks.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

DanU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks,
    SV76
    I have the Powerblocks and like them a lot. Whether or not you will need to upgrade them depends on you... But you can always just buy the upgrades in the future if you need them. I upgraded mine to go up to 70lbs. For most if not all p90x exercises, if you are fairly new to working out you will most likely not need to go above 50lbs initially. As for the ease of adjusting in 2.5lb increments, I wouldn't worry about it too much. 5lb increments should be fine during p90x. Just look at the exercises for each day and decide whether you want either or both of the cylinder weights in the handles beforehand and don't change them during. There is a big thread here on the Powerblocks if you want more info on them.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

Thanks,
    SV76
    The only adjustable 'bells that will get the nod here are Power Blocks and IronMasters.

For those strapped for cash, a pair of generic spin-lock handles and an assortment of 'standard' weight plates will get the job done with economy and safety.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have both Ironmasters and Powerblocks, and I'm going to get rid of my PBs. I just prefer the feel of the more traditional dumbbell style grip. Also, I've never dropped either, but *if* I had to dump one the IMs would survive, I don't think the PBs would.

jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Another vote for Ironmaster 120lbs. Been using them for a year, they are a tank.

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm waiting to find a steal on a smaller set of PBs and will pick them up. For now my IronMaster 120lbers do a great job but I think I want some Powerblocks for stuff under 75lbs. It's either that or another set of IMs

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For the 5-50lb range, take a serious look at the Stairmaster Twist-Lock dumbbells. I own the Twistlocks (with their stand) and the Ironmaster 120lb set. I find the Twistlocks invaluable when I need to switch weight quickly. They are very sturdy with very little jiggle, are shaped like a regular dumbell, and are rather compact for an adjustable of its type.

I have owned them for over a year, use them every workout, and they still look brand new--they are built to last. I don't think many people own them, so that is why they aren't mentioned often on this forum. But yeah, for programs like Body Beast and P90X, they are indispensable.

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    These days I am finding myself more in the Powerblock camp.

Justin, please review your Stairmaster Twist-Lock dumbbells when you have a chance. For some reason there are no reviews on the product.
    Harmonia Early Music: http://www.harmoniaearlymusic.org
    SymphonyCast: http://symphonycast.org
    Performance Today: http://performancetoday.publicradio.org
    Studio360: http://www.studio360.org
    RadioLab: http://www.radiolab.org
    TED Radio Hour: http://www.npr.org/programs/ted-radio-hour/
    This American Life: http://www.thisamericanlife.org
    On Being: http://www.onbeing.org
    Snap Judgment: http://www.snapjudgment.org/radio-show
    Radio IQ: http://wvtf.org
    LibriVox: https://librivox.org/

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes, I am surprised how few user reviews there are given the quality of the product. I will write a detailed review in the next two weeks and compare them to the Ironmasters.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Where you live? How's the CL action?
    Garage Gym Owner

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by justinluck View Post
    Yes, I am surprised how few user reviews there are given the quality of the product. I will write a detailed review in the next two weeks and compare them to the Ironmasters.
    I know why! They're really ****ing expensive. Where I am, they're $500 and the Power Block Sport 5.0's are $300. There's no question that the StairMaster Twist Locks are the best looking and quickest weight changing dumbbells on the planet, though.

mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm waiting on till they make adjustable dumbbells where you can drop them as hard as these people and not give a care in the world. *****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stl01EG3zVc

Till then, i'm sticking with spinlock. The only recorded case of it breaking was someone who had 115lb attach to one handle. I'm not reaching that anytime soon

bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post
    These days I am finding myself more in the Powerblock camp.

Justin, please review your Stairmaster Twist-Lock dumbbells when you have a chance. For some reason there are no reviews on the product.
    I actually agree with justinluck, they're pretty sweet. They do feel a bit cheap/plasticky, but people can say the same about PB's as well. They're not built like a tank, but they work well.

I've stated this many times before, but I'll state it again, they are NOT worth $500. If they were about the same price as the BowFlex crap (~$350?)... I'd say it's a good buy. Otherwise, meh!

I have a short video of me playing with them somewhere on my machine. I'll try and post it up... stay tuned
    USAPL RAW Competitor
    >500/>300/>600

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #25 ▪[M]====[6]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #100 []---[]

bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bobcat255 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mochakaboom View Post
    I'm waiting on till they make adjustable dumbbells where you can drop them as hard as these people and not give a care in the world. *****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stl01EG3zVc

Till then, i'm sticking with spinlock. The only recorded case of it breaking was someone who had 115lb attach to one handle. I'm not reaching that anytime soon
    If you have to drop a dumbbell, like those guys, then you have no business lifting that dumbbell to begin with. If you can't control the weight in both directions then can you even lift that weight? They're using their whole body and momentum. Not saying it's not good for strength, but completely unnecessary.

P.S. Get a set of Ivanko's... they're tightened to 240psi, they should stay on a while. If you manage to loosen them up, then red thread sealer + 200+psi again and you should be fine
    USAPL RAW Competitor
    >500/>300/>600

Found the video.... just uploaded it. Keep in mind, this was just meant for me... not for anyone else... so not a review of any kind, but hope you guys find it helpful.

USAPL RAW Competitor
    >500/>300/>600

mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mochakaboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    That's pretty sweet actually, so quick to switch.

BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000) BrandG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have the Bowflex ones and they work great IF you're super gentle with them. I've never had an issue but you can tell that if you dropped one, it would fall right the hell apart
    The best advice that I was ever given, was to give up.

(It fuarkin means people pushed me to try harder in order to disappoint them, you idiots.)

Check out my custom bobber:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166939011&p=1351087551#post1351087551

RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Powerblock 90s here.

Does P90X workout require you to change in 2.5 or 5 lb increments mid workout? I hardly ever change my adders. Sometimes I have them in for months at a time, and sometimes I leave them out for months at a time. It would just mean doing a few more or less reps to get to fatigue. I couldn't see 2.5/5 lb being that critical unless you are doing a routine where you always keep the same set/rep scheme and just increase the weight in small increments.

The unbalance thing... I'm guessing you played around with just the handle with adders and no weights on it? The less weight is on the handles the more imbalanced it will feel. In other words, with one plate on and adders 20# total that means 5/20 or 25% will be imbalanced. If you're pressing 50# then it will only be 10% imbalanced and not noticeable.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 21

I made my purchase directly from Stairmaster and used a 20% coupon. I still had to pay California sales tax which brought the price higher ($55.08 in tax), but I ended up paying $573.48 for the dumbbells and stand. They are certainly pricey. But if you treat them with respect, they should last as long as you keep them. In my review, I will describe a modification I made by applying some adhesive felt in strategic areas to remove 90% of the plate jiggle (non-modded, they jiggle about as much as the powerblocks I tried out in a store). The plates always feel secure and I absolutely feel safe with them over my head.

Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have powerblocks and really like them. Sold them when I moved and now I wish I had them back. They are a quality product.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For P90X a set of the Classic 45lb Powerblocks (not the Dicks Classic 50lb) and the cheap sport tray is your best setup PERIOD!!!

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    I know why! They're really ****ing expensive. Where I am, they're $500 and the Power Block Sport 5.0's are $300. There's no question that the StairMaster Twist Locks are the best looking and quickest weight changing dumbbells on the planet, though.
    FALSE. How do the Stairmaster twistlocks work faster than any other twistlock on the planet? And how are they faster than sliding a single selector pin with the Powerblocks?

Originally Posted by justinluck View Post
    I made my purchase directly from Stairmaster and used a 20% coupon. I still had to pay California sales tax which brought the price higher ($55.08 in tax), but I ended up paying $573.48 for the dumbbells and stand. They are certainly pricey. But if you treat them with respect, they should last as long as you keep them. In my review, I will describe a modification I made by applying some adhesive felt in strategic areas to remove 90% of the plate jiggle (non-modded, they jiggle about as much as the powerblocks I tried out in a store). The plates always feel secure and I absolutely feel safe with them over my head.
    No matter how deep the discount, rape is still rape. They mark them up 150% and then give you 20% off to make you feel better about the purchase.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    FALSE. How do the Stairmaster twistlocks work faster than any other twistlock on the planet? And how are they faster than sliding a single selector pin with the Powerblocks?
    Have you seen the video above? Definitely looks faster than Powerblocks and I own powerblocks.
    Garage Gym Owner

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    Have you seen the video above? Definitely looks faster than Powerblocks and I own powerblocks.
    I agree, I'm wrong on comparing them to other spinlocks, especially when going for a simple 5lb to 10lb change. But what about a change between 10lb and 50lb compared to PB's? Are they still the fastest on the planet?

"Click, click, click, click, click" VS Selector Pin

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    FALSE. How do the Stairmaster twistlocks work faster than any other twistlock on the planet?
    I thought StairMaster had the patent. Do tell, what 'others'.

And how are they faster than sliding a single selector pin with the Powerblocks?
    Lol. I'm thinking that you've never worked out with PowerBlocks.

I agree, I'm wrong on comparing them to other spinlocks, especially when going for a simple 5lb to 10lb change. But what about a change between 10lb and 50lb compared to PB's? Are they still the fastest on the planet?

"Click, click, click, click, click" VS Selector Pin
    You're being silly. Only a moron would stop after each click.

Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    I love my PowerBlocks, but after some heavy lifting, the pin doesn't always wanna go in the right spot.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I love my PowerBlocks, but after some heavy lifting, the pin doesn't always wanna go in the right spot.
    that can happen when you're tired
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

You're being silly. Only a moron would stop after each click.
    Commas indicate a 'Pause', periods indicate a place where you 'Stop' while reading sentences. Did you really stop after reading each "Click"?

Now, who is being silly?

I never have trouble finding the spot, but then again I guess alot of things change as you get older

I thought StairMaster had the patent. Do tell, what 'others'.
    Before I viewed the video I was refering to anything that uses a 'Dial' method (which the dial is the handle apparently). Hopefully that answers your question, there are numerous options out there that work on spinning or twisting a dial.But you are correct about them having a Patent on the name 'TwistLock" and the design. I questioned your claim of the 'fastest on the planet', do you think that still holds true when you compare a 10-50lb jump?

Lol. I'm thinking that you've never worked out with PowerBlocks.
    Why? Because I dissagreed with your statement?
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 10-23-2014 at 07:57 AM.