Resident Rocker ChristmasFnatic's Avatar
    ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Assassin's Creed Valhalla DLC Roadmap Announced

DLC 1: Wrath of the Druids
    The first of the expansions is titled Wrath of the Druids, and it's scheduled for release in Spring 2021. "In this new adventure, players will journey to Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members," reads a line from the description. "Diving into Gaelic myths and folklores, they’ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings."

DLC 2: The Siege of Paris
    The second expansion is called The Siege of Paris, and it's due out in Summer 2021. This expansion lets players experience the historical viking battle, featuring "key historical figures" from the event. "During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future," reads a line from the official description.

Seasonal Content
    In addition to this paid content, everyone is getting free seasonal DLC that comes in the form of "new narrative content" and in-game events. The seasons will last for three months, and each will include a lot of new content. December 2020's Season 1, for example, includes a new settlement area, the Yule festival event, a new River Raids mode, and new skills and abilities.

A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.

A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.

A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.

The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.

Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.

Season 2 is slated to begin in March, and it will add a new game mode to be named later, a new Jomsviking refresh, more festivals, and additional gear and cosmetic items to collect. There will be at least two more seasons, Season 3 and 4, though no details about them have been announced yet. You can see a rundown of the Season 1 content below, as written by Ubisoft.

In a press release, Ubisoft said there will be even more content beyond all of this. "There will be more to come as the Assassin's Creed Valhalla development team is committed to support the game and continued improvement of the core experience with additional content, yet to be revealed," the company said.
    CHRISTMAS Forever Crew
    Rock N' Roll Crew
    Long Hair Crew
    Blue Belt BJJ Crew
    Running Crew
    Brazilian in Philippines Crew

CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds pretty dope. Was a big fan of Origins, haven't played Odyssey yet.

Granted, I enjoyed 2, Brotherhood, 3, Black Flag, and Origins. (1 was dated by the time I got it, Revelations was a bit of a slog, and Syndicate was OK but kinda dull. The setting just lacked personality. Haven't played Unity.)

Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty GOAT timing to do a good ol' Vikings themed AC. Lotta hype for this game from myself, honestly similar to my hype for Cyberpunk 2077. Couple that with Series X / PS5 / RTX 30 / Zen 3 / Big Navi, and November/December 2020 is looking SICK.

Glad they've got such a large road map for this game.

[_]Living [X]Living Dead nkiritsis13's Avatar
    nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As skeptical as I am about Valhalla, let alone Ubisoft in general, if there is one game I'm rooting to be good it's this one. I just hope that the stealth is optional and you can go all in on being in-your-face melee.

Nvidia really goofed making a deal with Ubisoft's edgelord sim over this Valhalla.
    I will stand firm, I refuse to kneel - The fury in me is divine
    My dark grave awaits, my fate is revealed - But I'm not afraid to die

If you have any problems or need advice, feel free to ask

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Rooting for Ubi not to screw this one up. It has potential.

Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stackerbruh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    And i'm sitting here wondering how anyone would want to play any expansion for any AC game, the main game gets boring after just 4 hours and becomes pure repetitiveness

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WiseOldApe View Post
    I quite enjoyed the story of both origins and odyssey; the expansions are garbage, however.

Otherwise, I loved Origin's whole thing about time being a flat circle (quests where you unlock the vaults, etc).
    Originally Posted by Stackerbruh View Post
    And i'm sitting here wondering how anyone would want to play any expansion for any AC game, the main game gets boring after just 4 hours and becomes pure repetitiveness
    I really wish Ubi would just focus on games and forget DLC. But my assumption would be that the profits from DLC is why we see the trend continue.

AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The expansions are usually the best part of the game where things go balls to the wall unfortunately. I wish they brought that effort to every aspect of the main game.

ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I played most expansions of AC, and I enjoyed them all. Jack the Ripper, Atlantis, gods, etc. Yes they are repetitive that is why I do not play the DLCs til months after I finished/platted the main game.

I wish the difficulties were higher though. It is a breeze once your level is high.
    CHRISTMAS Forever Crew
    Rock N' Roll Crew
    Long Hair Crew
    Blue Belt BJJ Crew
    Running Crew

CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Totally valid, but it applies to every single game, no? You can boil every game ever made into a gameplay loop, or series of interconnecting gameplay loops. Assassins Creed gets sh!t on for being repetitive but everyone d!ckrode Skyrim as if it wasn't just a giant, boring map.

Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Wondering the same myself. The first AC was the only AC I actually enjoyed playing

Originally Posted by CrimsonSteel View Post
    Totally valid, but it applies to every single game, no? You can boil every game ever made into a gameplay loop, or series of interconnecting gameplay loops. Assassins Creed gets sh!t on for being repetitive but everyone d!ckrode Skyrim as if it wasn't just a giant, boring map.
    Skyrim is more of a framework for mods than a game. Unmodded version might not be that much but with the right mods and load order it should be a crime to dislike it

Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Meh. After seeing how many micro transaction horse chit things Ubisoft has done to all of their games this will be a solid eye-patched, peg legged purchase for me.

Game-play of Origins and Odyssey was solid, but the huge artificial grind shoved in the middle of these games put me off. Especially after noticing the massive cash shop with shortcut style purchases...

"Wonder why this game is so grindy?.. oh wait I see now..." *uninstall*

wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can't wait! Loved Odyssey and adored Origins. My favorite game franchise.

kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Awarw90 View Post
    Meh. After seeing how many micro transaction horse chit things Ubisoft has done to all of their games this will be a solid eye-patched, peg legged purchase for me.

Game-play of Origins and Odyssey was solid, but the huge artificial grind shoved in the middle of these games put me off. Especially after noticing the massive cash shop with shortcut style purchases...

"Wonder why this game is so grindy?.. oh wait I see now..." *uninstall*
    I've said this before but am I the only person who didn't find Odyssey a grind fest? I've seen countless people on here and elsewhere bitch about Odyssey being suuuuuch a grind and complain that there's XP boosts and whatever else on the cash shop, but I've played through Odyssey twice and rarely did I think to myself "oh boy this is rough, what a grind.." nor did I ever feel as if I needed to purchase anything from the store.

bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not buying the gold edition, I bought the gold edition for odyssey because it looked like i was gonna be super invested in it, but i havnt touched the dlc's once.
    Sig line can't be a novel

Originally Posted by kr1kit View Post
    I've said this before but am I the only person who didn't find Odyssey a grind fest? I've seen countless people on here and elsewhere bitch about Odyssey being suuuuuch a grind and complain that there's XP boosts and whatever else on the cash shop, but I've played through Odyssey twice and rarely did I think to myself "oh boy this is rough, what a grind.." nor did I ever feel as if I needed to purchase anything from the store.
    Just depends how much you like the game and want to invest in playing it, and how much you are ok or not ok with being asked to do more of the same before the game let's you move on. There is clear level gating in the game but if doing the tasks they are asking you to do is enjoyable you aren't going to mind.

wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wasp9166 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Meh ,all these ac are the same

Is this a new tactic ? Carroting dlc b4 main is even out ?

BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Same. I always mixed up main missions with side quests and whatever popped up nearby and never needed to set the main quest aside to "grind" xp.

Plus 90% of side quests could be completed in what, a minute? Read signpost, run two corners, stab rando in the neck and that's it.

Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
    Meh ,all these ac are the same

Is this a new tactic ? Carroting dlc b4 main is even out ?
    They did this before. Announced the DLC before the release of the main game. To be fair, their DLCs are like full chapters/new places/etc.

What I do though is buy the main game, buy the Season Pass after several months when they have a discount.
    CHRISTMAS Forever Crew
    Rock N' Roll Crew
    Long Hair Crew
    Blue Belt BJJ Crew
    Running Crew

Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Absolutely loved odyssey and origins. Actually still playing odyssey right now. Only game I have been playing for a few months now
    I know who I am. And after all these years, there’s a victory in that.

All liberals deserve death

*Proud member of the misc 767 & USA vs. Germany world cup ban
    -People who say money can't buy happiness, have never paid the adoption fee at the pound and went home with a new best friend
    *There's no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad dog owner

If you see myself and swoleyo in a thread, remind me to rep him.

Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awarw90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It felt out of place and forced to me. I don't mind a good grind in an MMO or MMO-lite don't get me wrong.

But I was enjoying the story and everything in AC then kept getting interrupted by level gating, kinda p*ssed me off especially with the cash shop being an obvious reason for it.