Registered User AlexDeLasFlores's Avatar
    AlexDeLasFlores is just really nice. (+1000) AlexDeLasFlores is just really nice. (+1000) AlexDeLasFlores is just really nice. (+1000) AlexDeLasFlores is just really nice. (+1000) AlexDeLasFlores is just really nice. (+1000) AlexDeLasFlores is just really nice. (+1000) AlexDeLasFlores is just really nice. (+1000) AlexDeLasFlores is just really nice. (+1000) AlexDeLasFlores is just really nice. (+1000) AlexDeLasFlores is just really nice. (+1000) AlexDeLasFlores is just really nice. (+1000)

Is ON GOld Standard still the best protein powder?

Just got back to working out and did some macro nutrient calculations on what I typically eat and I am low in protein. I remember a couple years ago reading somewhere here where some students tested popular protein products and found that a lot of them did not have the protein that it claims to have and Optimum Nutrition was the closest to its claims. Does anyone have a link to this study?

Is Whey still the way to go? Many years ago, when I first started working out, I was consuming almost half a gallon of milk and I felt like it was giving me extra acne on my face, chest and back. Now a days I eat a lot healthier and I haven't had a glass of milk in years. I'm not saying milk is bad for you but I try to avoid dairy. Will a whey product have the same effects? Is there a vegan/vegetarian power that is as good as the ON? I tried one before and it was horrible to mix and tasted like cake mix.

Are there any new Whey product that are better? Do they have studies backing up their claims?

Help a brother out before I purchase a 10lb ON Chocolate whey.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AlexDeLasFlores View Post
    Just got back to working out and did some macro nutrient calculations on what I typically eat and I am low in protein. I remember a couple years ago reading somewhere here where some students tested popular protein products and found that a lot of them did not have the protein that it claims to have and Optimum Nutrition was the closest to its claims. Does anyone have a link to this study?

Is Whey still the way to go? Many years ago, when I first started working out, I was consuming almost half a gallon of milk and I felt like it was giving me extra acne on my face, chest and back. Now a days I eat a lot healthier and I haven't had a glass of milk in years. I'm not saying milk is bad for you but I try to avoid dairy. Will a whey product have the same effects? Is there a vegan/vegetarian power that is as good as the ON? I tried one before and it was horrible to mix and tasted like cake mix.

Are there any new Whey product that are better? Do they have studies backing up their claims?

Help a brother out before I purchase a 10lb ON Chocolate whey.
    A few years ago some companies got caught spiking their protein with cheap filler amino acids i.e. taurine and glycine. There are plenty of reputable brands other than ON to get protein powder from. PES, BB.com, Nutrabio etc.
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not sure I would have called it "Best" any time past 2000, maybe 2001.

It's made by Glanbia, so you're usually safe with meeting the label claims. Otherwise, best is subjective.

The best protein powder is one that fits your budget and macros and you like the taste and isn't amino spiked.

Other than that, it's just powdered food.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Kyras is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can't go wrong with Optimum Nutrition 100% whey

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Kyras View Post
    You can't go wrong with Optimum Nutrition 100% whey
    I dunno there was/is a doughnut flavored one that was pretty disgusting
    My secret? Texting between sets.

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Buy cheaper stuff, as long as the macros are the same, the protein is pretty much the same. If you want premium, don't buy USA protein because cows are milked while pregnant, buy New Zealand or Australian stuff if you can, as far as I know they're one of the few countries that doesn't milk pregnant cows.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    I dunno there was/is a doughnut flavored one that was pretty disgusting
    More than just that one. Although, there is a special place in hell for that flavor as I was actually excited to try that one.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It’s by far the best marketed protein but flavour wise there are many that knock spots off it
    Strong & Unstable

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Buy cheaper stuff, as long as the macros are the same, the protein is pretty much the same.
    Not even remotely true

Protein # source matters.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    Not even remotely true

Protein # source matters.
    Well I said pretty much, which it is pretty much the same. Then mentioned superior sources below. Probably not worth the extra price, depends how rich OP is though.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can't think of a protein powder that has been good to go for longer than the Optimum. As long as you get a flavor you like alright, you can't go wrong. They've been making protein powder that meets label claims longer than a lot of these other companies have existed, and don't need to advertise that they are no longer amino spiking or any of that...because they have never done that.

I don't think taking whey protein powder will have the same effect as drinking half a gallon of milk per day. Also you should check out fairlife milk.

I really don't think that thinking you had extra acne from a half gallon of milk a day is a reason to avoid whey protein. Even if you really want to go anti dairy, I'd try a whey protein isolate (such as Dymatize ISO-100) long before a vegan or vegetarian protein.

Extreme Milk Chocolate is IMO the safest flavor of Optimum Gold Standard Whey.

You could also look at some others such as
    Dymatize ISO-100
    BSN Syntha-6
    Magnum Quattro
    Gaspari Precision
    Universal Animal Whey
    bodybuilding.com signature

They are all just powdered food. Use as needed to hit your daily protein goal/macro

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Well I said pretty much, which it is pretty much the same. Then mentioned superior sources below. Probably not worth the extra price, depends how rich OP is though.
    I disagree with your assessment of improved sourcing.

Whether from NZ or Australia vs USA doesn't matter. What matters is the actual source of the protein (and whether or not the protein is spiked with aminos).

Give this a read: https://mauiathletics.com/optimize-your-protein-intake/
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.