MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

To continue with bulk or do a mini cut?

I need some help figuring out what to do with my diet. I've been lifting for a few months now and have been seeing some okay results, but am starting to get more fat than I would like. If I were to completely guess I would say I'm somewhere around 18%, I can faintly see my top 2 abs in decent lighting but I'm starting to get a bit of a gut. Here are some stats:

6'0
    187 lbs
    14.5 inch arms cold flexed
    70 lb DB's on incline bench (3x8)
    170 lb BB row (3x8)
    50 lbs DB shoulder press (3x8)

Part of me wants to just continue the bulk since I'm not really going anywhere with this quarantine, but another part of me isn't too happy with how I look especially with my face starting to get a little chubby. Currently eating around 2800 calories a day, tracking somewhat but I do track protein pretty strictly.

Thanks.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MisterNoGains View Post
    I need some help figuring out what to do with my diet. I've been lifting for a few months now and have been seeing some okay results, but am starting to get more fat than I would like. If I were to completely guess I would say I'm somewhere around 18%, I can faintly see my top 2 abs in decent lighting but I'm starting to get a bit of a gut. Here are some stats:

6'0
    187 lbs
    14.5 inch arms cold flexed
    70 lb DB's on incline bench (3x8)
    170 lb BB row (3x8)
    50 lbs DB shoulder press (3x8)

Part of me wants to just continue the bulk since I'm not really going anywhere with this quarantine, but another part of me isn't too happy with how I look especially with my face starting to get a little chubby. Currently eating around 2800 calories a day, tracking somewhat but I do track protein pretty strictly.

Thanks.
    Never ceases to amaze me how low some peoples calories are when trying to gain mass... I’m 6 foot weighing barely over 140 and I need more than this... weird stuff.

Anyway, 18% is getting on the upper end of healthy range... you don’t ‘need’ to cut per se, you could just as easily eat at or near maintenance and just recomp to lose fat while you continue to gain gain strength.

It’s personal preference tho... like you said it’s not like you’re competing or something
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MisterNoGains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me how low some peoples calories are when trying to gain mass... I’m 6 foot weighing barely over 140 and I need more than this... weird stuff.

Anyway, 18% is getting on the upper end of healthy range... you don’t ‘need’ to cut per se, you could just as easily eat at or near maintenance and just recomp to lose fat while you continue to gain gain strength.

It’s personal preference tho... like you said it’s not like you’re competing or something
    6'0 and 140? You look like you have some muscle on your frame, if I were to cut down to 145 I'd be a complete twig. About the calories, I've just been going off a calorie calculator and adding 300ish to that. Scared of getting too fat since I'm already at around 18%. Can I still make good gains eating near maintenance.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    6'0 and 140? You look like you have some muscle on your frame, if I were to cut down to 145 I'd be a complete twig. About the calories, I've just been going off a calorie calculator and adding 300ish to that. Scared of getting too fat since I'm already at around 18%. Can I still make good gains eating near maintenance.
    I’m over 140 but not by much. I have decent muscle memory/shape from years ago when I had more weight on me so I look more developed than most people at my stats... obviously I’m gaining right now tho.

But yea, at 18% you can certainly gain muscle eating at maintenance or even in a deficit
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I’m over 140 but not by much. I have decent muscle memory/shape from years ago when I had more weight on me so I look more developed than most people at my stats... obviously I’m gaining right now tho.

But yea, at 18% you can certainly gain muscle eating at maintenance or even in a deficit
    So how many calories would you suggest trying out if 2800 is too little? 3000?

So how many calories would you suggest trying out if 2800 is too little? 3000?
    I mean you have to test it out and see what happens...

If you don’t even know your TDEE roughly, or what your goal is, hard to make suggestions