nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

full vs half deads

hey i cant do full deadlifts becuase my legs are too long to do the first part of the rep so im doing half deadlifts now. first time was yesterday and i can tell they did make a good replacement. but as for overall body mass are there any studies that anyone knows about that compare the amount of that hormone that is released during such compound movements like squats that is released during half deadlifts compared to full deadlifts?

later

Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't worry about the extra nano gram or so you MIGHT get from doing full deads. Just do halves or quarters. I've done halves for about a year and didn't do deadlifts before that and I am growing just fine.

llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your just setting yourself up for weaker, smaller muscles and possably injury. I'm almost 6'1 and I do deadlifts just fine, and I don't have super long arms like most people my height. Do a weight you can handle and you CAN do a full deadlift.

Also check your form, if you're using correct form I see absolutely no reason why you can't do a full deadlift.
    Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill a million and you are a conquerer. Kill them all and you are God

If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat.

Maxima98 GXE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to read this one guy's training log on cyberpump.com back when it was free. Some big scary guy named Herk that was always high on life, and he got plenty big from working partial deads.

I prefer partials. They feel more natural to me than full deads, and I feel that for what they do, they work my back harder than full deads.

As long as you're squatting hard on Leg day, I don't think you'll miss out on anything by doing partial deads.

llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whats important is the full range of motion, granted the legs do most of the work at the start of the lift, but the tension and work the back does in the beginning is very important. It's a given that its best to do full range of motion. I've never seen or heard of anyone doing partial deadlifts.
    Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill a million and you are a conquerer. Kill them all and you are God

Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by llamabob
    I've never seen or heard of anyone doing partial deadlifts.
    King Kamali is an regular user of partial deads.
    Your just setting yourself up for weaker, smaller muscles and possably injury.
    How is that?

Weaker and smaller from a less range of motion, it's similar to cheating.

Injury for the fact that you have to stop the decent, and the fact you're bent over and moving without a full deadlift technique. If some young teen gets carried away and can't contrl the weight while doing partials..wallah..nice back injury.

Weaker and smaller from a less range of motion, it's similar to cheating.
    No, it's like a crunch vs. a full sit-up. A full deadlift involved a lot of leg effort. It's almost all back in a good range of motion when doing partials.

Injury for the fact that you have to stop the decent,
    Ever heard of a power rack?

the fact you're bent over and moving without a full deadlift technique.
    Who says you have to bend over to do partials? I can do them exactly like the top half of a regular dead.

If some young teen gets carried away and can't contrl the weight while doing partials..wallah..nice back injury. [/B]
    Same thing can happen with regular deads

Well I'm not gonna keep argueing back and forth, it's simply my opinion, unless he has some major injury I would view full deadlifts as more beneficial. What works for him works for him.

Well I'm not gonna keep argueing back and forth.
    I thought that was what this thread was about.

Indeed, but I think we've both expressed our points and concerns, it's up to him to decide what works for him.

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I see NO reason a bodybuilder should be doing partial deadlifts. I think its STUPID. who cares how long your legs are.

Ask Layne if he does half squats or partial deadlifts cuss his legs are long.

more ROM=more fiber activation.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

Originally posted by FortifiedIron
    more ROM=more fiber activation.
    Really, cause I feel my abs a lot more during crunches than full situps

But do you feel ALL of your abs

Do you feel all your abs when you do full sit-ups

Um, I would say more than when I do crunches. I do my situps on a decline, so I'd suppose thats a different story.

Well anyway. I think that about 3/4 of your back movement comes in the last 1/3 to 1/4 of the movement in deads.

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Superman
    Really, cause I feel my abs a lot more during crunches than full situps
    DUH! how many abdominal muscles do you use during a crunch and how many do you use during a sit up? more muscles= more fiber activation.

So really you activate more fibers in a clean then you do in a clean and press.

Use your brain its very simple to see the point.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

Ok, thats great, but when I do partial deads, the only muscles I'm worried about activating are the ones in my lower back.

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Partials work the back more and improve lockout strength in the full deadlift. They are pretty good IMO. You should do SOME full deadlifts once in a while tho

nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your just setting yourself up for weaker, smaller muscles and possably injury. I'm almost 6'1 and I do deadlifts just fine, and I don't have super long arms like most people my height. Do a weight you can handle and you CAN do a full deadlift.

Also check your form, if you're using correct form I see absolutely no reason why you can't do a full deadlift.
    i never sacrifice form for weight ever especially on such a lift as the dead. ive tried perfect form with full deads and it wont work. its not like im not being a pussy or anything its all anatomical
    oh and ive never felt my lower back that sore the next day in my life after doing partials. it was a muscle soreness NOT an injury