Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Starting MMA Classes NOW! shivastorm's Avatar
    shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10)

November 5, 2007

Tiering cardio, but fun.

Four rounds for time:
    Run 400 meters
    Rest 2 minutes

PR:1:13
    1:21
    1:27
    1:30

total=11:31
    Crossfit. "Your workout is our warmup" Does this make you skeptical? Try Linda or Tabata Something Else and you will see why I said that.

Workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5233853

shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10)

November 6, 2007

I actually did less then what I did three weeks ago. Either I lost some strength, which I hope isn't the case, or it's because my leg is hurting like a bitch (well it was yesterday, it's better today). After the sprint WOD, I couldn't put a lot of weight on my right leg when walking, and could barely go down the stairs with support. Yesterday it was better, but still quite painful. It's probably my leg, because I doubt my strength has gone down. If I compare with my friend, he went from 265x3 to 315x1 in three weeks by doing the same thing as me. Although maybe it happened because I stopped taking creatine, or because I am now eating 2.5k cal, but I think it might be more because of my leg.

BackSquat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

140, 170, 190, 210, 230, 250, 270 (failed twice -_-)
    Crossfit. "Your workout is our warmup" Does this make you skeptical? Try Linda or Tabata Something Else and you will see why I said that.

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by shivastorm View Post
    I actually did less then what I did three weeks ago. Either I lost some strength, which I hope isn't the case, or it's because my leg is hurting like a bitch (well it was yesterday, it's better today). After the sprint WOD, I couldn't put a lot of weight on my right leg when walking, and could barely go down the stairs with support. Yesterday it was better, but still quite painful. It's probably my leg, because I doubt my strength has gone down. If I compare with my friend, he went from 265x3 to 315x1 in three weeks by doing the same thing as me. Although maybe it happened because I stopped taking creatine, or because I am now eating 2.5k cal, but I think it might be more because of my leg.

BackSquat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

140, 170, 190, 210, 230, 250, 270 (failed twice -_-)
    Your leg pain might be IT Band Syndrome. Is the pain on the side of your leg just above the knee? Hurts to bend, but not so much to extend?

If it is, I can help. Hope it's not though!
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

Originally Posted by bango skank View Post
    Your leg pain might be IT Band Syndrome. Is the pain on the side of your leg just above the knee? Hurts to bend, but not so much to extend?

If it is, I can help. Hope it's not though!
    Nope it's midway through my foot and my knee, on the front side. It seems to me like it's the bone that's painful... Doubt it's that but the pain is right over the tibia

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nope it's midway through my foot and my knee, on the front side. It seems to me like it's the bone that's painful... Doubt it's that but the pain is right over the tibia
    Okay, good thing, ITBS is a beeotch. Sounds more like you have shin splints.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

Last edited by bango skank; 11-07-2007 at 03:00 PM.
    -Don Vito Corleone

thanks for the links bro. And by curiosity (didn't read yet, just got home) can this be a reason why my squat was so low?

October 8 2007

I'm kind of disappointed here. My strength is going down a little. Might be a mix of different things, like my shin splint, diet that is 2kcal less than before and 100g proteins less, and I also stopped taking creatine. Anyways I barely did 315 x3 and 1 month ago I did 315 5x

Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3 reps.

135, 185, 225, 275, 315

no PR here since I did 315 x5 a little while ago

thanks for the links bro. And by curiosity (didn't read yet, just got home) can this be a reason why my squat was so low?
    I'm addressing this in your CF.com thread.
    Last edited by bango skank; 11-08-2007 at 01:47 PM.
    -Don Vito Corleone

November 9, 2007

Wow this one was real tiering. I did it outside, at 6pm, without gloves, temperature under 0, and that was quite stupid. I was so hot, yet my hands were so frozen (already I got poor circulation in my hands) and it really slowed me down because every time I was doing pull ups after the 4th-5th round, I had to warm my hands for a little while. I'm sure if I would've had gloves, I could've down two rounds more at least. Hell at the last minute I tried to do a pull up, but my hands were so cold they wouldn't even grip the bar.

"Cindy"
    Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
    5 Pull-ups
    10 Push-ups
    15 Squats

Rounds completed: 13

November 10, 2007

Ok I didn't really do the WOD, since I can't do rope jumps (double unders) and I didn't want to do tuck jump due to my leg (wanted it to heal so it would be OK by monday) so what I did is this: 2250m of rowing and 150 Sumo deadlift high pulls (sub of rowing) @ 45lbs. I also did a little tuck jumps (50) but I stopped as soon as I started feeling discomfort. So basically it was:

2250m of rowing
    superset 15 sumo deadlift high pulls with 5 tuck jumps

Didn't time myself, all I know is I did the rowing in 9 minutes

sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    keep up the hard work.

i love crossfit!
    My Workout Journal ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3044651

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. - 1 Corinthians 9:24

November 12 2007

Well I didn't do the WOD that day, instead I tried a circuit training a trainer at my gym does. It was really intense, but I did quite well. Funny thing is, 5 minutes after I was done, I had fully recuperated while others that finished before me were still dead

Anyways, can't wait for today's WOD! Gonna be quite fun

How's the shins?
    -Don Vito Corleone

November 13 2007

Originally Posted by sarahalyse View Post
    keep up the hard work.

i love crossfit!
    Thanks for the feedback, and yea crossfit is great

How's the shins?
    Feeling pretty good now, I don't feel any pain. I can still feel a slight tension in there, but that's about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the WOD, boy it was hard as hell! I expected the high pulls to be easy, and they were physically, but they were so tiering. It was actually the hardest for me. The dips were hard and it took me forever to finish them, but every time I did 10 high pulls in a row, I felt like I was about to throw up and/or faint. However, I have no rings so I sub'ed ring 1 ring dip for 3 dips

7 rounds for time of:
    95 pound Sumo-deadlift high-pull, 10 reps
    10 Ring dips (did 30 dips)

Time: 29:41

Can't wait for Linda, I'm going to do it today at around 2pm. This look hard as hell! I'll do it almost as it's written (as rx'd) except for one thing. Cleans I'll go 1/2 body weight since I still can't do them completely right (although I'm getting better with the motion, I finally learned to "jump" with the bar to use my whole upper body to pull it upwards and not just my arms).

sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarahalyse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nice job on the workout. i did that one as well yesterday (modified a bit) - you can check it out in my journal. my back is a bit sore today but no worries.

my buddy who got me into crossfit did linda last saturday. being that he's 260ish (he's lost 65# doing cross fit this year) he figured he lifted about 20 tons of weight in 25-35 minutes (not sure how long it took but i think it was aroud there). that is insane. he said he didn't feel right for days.

i would love to do linda today but my gym isn't set up right for it. there's no way i could use 3 bars at one time considering there is less than 6 for the whole gym.

Good Luck!

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. - 1 Corinthians 9:24

nice job on the workout. i did that one as well yesterday (modified a bit) - you can check it out in my journal. my back is a bit sore today but no worries.

my buddy who got me into crossfit did linda last saturday. being that he's 260ish (he's lost 65# doing cross fit this year) he figured he lifted about 20 tons of weight in 25-35 minutes (not sure how long it took but i think it was aroud there). that is insane. he said he didn't feel right for days.

i would love to do linda today but my gym isn't set up right for it. there's no way i could use 3 bars at one time considering there is less than 6 for the whole gym.

Good Luck!
    There's around 6-8 in my gym too, but I'll be going during the day when there is less people to make sure I don't get bothered Anyways I will deff. check your journal

There's around 6-8 in my gym too, but I'll be going during the day when there is less people to make sure I don't get bothered Anyways I will deff. check your journal
    even though i'm scared of linda i'm thinking i can hit up the gym late at night and get a few bars. if anything i can grab some dumbbells if the bars are being used. i figured after i scale it down doing all those reps i would be lifting just under 6 1/2 tons. that is major!

even though i'm scared of linda i'm thinking i can hit up the gym late at night and get a few bars. if anything i can grab some dumbbells if the bars are being used. i figured after i scale it down doing all those reps i would be lifting just under 6 1/2 tons. that is major!
    I'm going to scale down Linda in a particular way. I will lower the weight by 1/4 of my BW on each exercise, but raise the reps, keeping as true to the pyramid as possible, to make sure I lift the same total weight. Anyways I will explain more in depth when I come back from this workout, I'm leaving in twenty minutes. Wish me luck!

I'm going to scale down Linda in a particular way. I will lower the weight by 1/4 of my BW on each exercise, but raise the reps, keeping as true to the pyramid as possible, to make sure I lift the same total weight. Anyways I will explain more in depth when I come back from this workout, I'm leaving in twenty minutes. Wish me luck!
    GOOD LUCK!

November 14, 2007: Linda

HOOOKAY! This was the most hardcore and hardest workout ever. I actually had 3-4 people asking me what the hell I was doing and I all got them interested in looking up Crossfit. During the whole time I was dripping wet with sweat, panting heavil, after each set struggling to stay standing (well not during BP, but whatever) and I drank 1.5L of water just during that workout (had a full bottle, went to fill it once). The workout was: (I heavily modified it, BUT I did the same workload)

"Linda"

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight
    Bench press: body weight
    Clean: 3/4 body weight

Set up three bars and storm through for time.

My weight = 175lbs-ish
    DL: 265 (did 220)
    BP: 175 (did 135)
    CL: 130 (did 90)

Here is what I did. First I calculated the workload for every exercise. By workload I mean the total weight I lifted. So I multiplied the weight of the exercise I should have done with the amount of reps we had to do (55). This gave:

Deadlift: 265 * 55 = 14 575lbs total
    Bench Press: 175 * 55 = 9 625lbs total
    Clean: 130 * 55 = 7 150lbs total

Now, since the weight was too heavy for me to handle with always good form, I scaled it down by 1/4 of my bodyweight. So my new weights, respectively, were: 220lbs, 135lbs, 90lbs. However, I wanted to have the same workload as I should have done (respectively 14 575lbs, 9 625lbs and 7 150lbs) so I figured the number of reps total I had to do for each exercise. This gave:

Deadlift: 220 * 66 = 14 520lbs total
    Bench Press: 135 (was supposed to do 130, did 135 by accident) * 74 = 9 620lbs total
    Clean: 90 * 80 = 7 200lbs total

Once I figured the amount of reps for each exercises, all that was left was to keep it countdown style. So this is what it gave in the end:

Deadlift: 220 * 10-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-4-3
    Bench Press: 135 * 10-10-9-9-8-7-6-6-5-4
    Clean: 90 * 10-10-9-9-8-8-7-7-6-6

Total time: 41:57 minutes. I find that quite bad, but I was God damn proud of finishing it!
    Total workload of all three exercises: 31 340lbs, or 14.25 tons Impressive when you think about it
    Last edited by shivastorm; 11-14-2007 at 02:33 PM.

Total time: 41:57 minutes. I find that quite bad, but I was God damn proud of finishing it!
    Total workload of all three exercises: 31 340lbs, or 14.25 tons Impressive when you think about it
    That's a really clever way to scale and I applaud your ingenuity. *applauds* The first, and only time I've done Linda it took me 50 min to complete and I was just damn proud to have finished too.
    -Don Vito Corleone

That's a really clever way to scale and I applaud your ingenuity. *applauds* The first, and only time I've done Linda it took me 50 min to complete and I was just damn proud to have finished too.
    Hahah thanks bro. Tell me what your time will be when you will do the WOD, I'm curious to see how you've improved

that is awesome man! the video of the day is nicole doing linda. i'm downloading it now. i'm sure you'll appreciate it considering you've been put thru the WO already.

keep it up!

that is awesome man! the video of the day is nicole doing linda. i'm downloading it now. i'm sure you'll appreciate it considering you've been put thru the WO already.

keep it up!
    Yea I saw it, and it got me ashamed of my time hahah. She did it in much less time than I did, and it was as rx'd too. She's awesome.

Yea I saw it, and it got me ashamed of my time hahah. She did it in much less time than I did, and it was as rx'd too. She's awesome.
    heck ya she is. my buddy met her at his certification thing and says she is a very cool chick.

heck ya she is. my buddy met her at his certification thing and says she is a very cool chick.
    Really? Hey mind giving me a link to where I can read about certification if you know any? Or I'd have to go to my CF affiliate to find out about it?

Edit: I found it on the main website... I really got to start reading -_-
    Last edited by shivastorm; 11-15-2007 at 07:37 AM.

Really? Hey mind giving me a link to where I can read about certification if you know any? Or I'd have to go to my CF affiliate to find out about it?

Edit: I found it on the main website... I really got to start reading -_-

he got his in flagstaff. the classes fill up fast. he got in by calling and asking them to call him when ever a spot opens regardless of where it was he would go. my buddy loved it. he highly recommends i go so when ever i can save up the money and have vacation time, i think i'm gonna do it too.

and i believe the price drops 50% every time you attend one.
    -Don Vito Corleone

and i believe the price drops 50% every time you attend one.
    from crossfit's webpage: The cost of certification seminars progressively decreases, regardless of level. Your first cert attendance is $1000, your second is $500, and subsequent ones are $250.

The cost of Level 2 certification seminars is the same as Level 1. Your first Level 2 cert attendance is $1000, your second is $500, and subsequent ones are $250.