EriksenSpurs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best takeaway when bulking?

Living in the UK, girlfriend fancies a takeaway tonight. I've kept to my diet cleanly and solidly for a month and don't want to "fall off the wagon" so to speak!

What's the best takeaway for bulking? Chicken kebab? Donner kebab? Chinese?

Apologies if this is a dumb question, I'm new to lifting/dieting and I've suffered with various ED's in the past so I'm always over cautious!

Cheers

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The key thing to remember here is that there are no "good" and "bad" foods. There are no ingredients sold in a 1st world country that are actively poisonous in small doses. In unreasonable doses, most things are poisonous... this includes water, sugar, salt and even oxygen.

So it's not about the choice of food for just one meal - but about the total nutrients you are getting from your diet as a whole over time.

Any targets you have for calories or particular nutrients can have a huge amount of slack built into them. What you eat only really has consequences over a pretty long timescale. You need consistently poor choices combined with lack of activity to become unhealthy.

This article may help more:
    https://completehumanperformance.com.../clean-eating/

Fast foods may have a little more fat and/or sugar added to them that some of your more regular choices but there no reason to suppose that a one-off meal cannot be absorbed into your long term plan without so much as a ripple.

Long story short: Have what you want...

EriksenSpurs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks so much, helpful as always

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rather than a takeaway. I like to make my own versions of takeaways. For example pizza I'll get flatbreads. Put some tomato puree on, some light cheese, toppings etc. Tastes better than the takeaway version and I know exactly what's in it

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When bulking? Cheesecake Factory, pick my favorite meal and then a slice of cheesecake for the additional calories.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was interested in this thread to see what kind of "takeaway" there even is in the UK
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I was interested in this thread to see what kind of "takeaway" there even is in the UK
    Bangers n mash.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Bangers n mash.
    Only if it has mushy peas and gravy

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by EriksenSpurs View Post
    I've suffered with various ED's

You mean there is more than one type of ED? I'm talking about male ED.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Donner kebab induced erectile dysfunction, pizza induced erectile dysfunction and Chinese takeaway induced erectile dysfunction to name a few

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Donner kebab induced erectile dysfunction, pizza induced erectile dysfunction and Chinese takeaway induced erectile dysfunction to name a few
    I wonder if oysters (zinc) would negate the dysfunctional effects of those foodstuffs?

I wonder if oysters (zinc) would negate the dysfunctional effects of those foodstuffs?
    Oysters can cure anything

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    When bulking? Cheesecake Factory, pick my favorite meal and then a slice of cheesecake for the additional calories.
    Dasitmane! It gets a lotta hate, but CF's so damn solid & reliably high quality. Sometimes for my post-workout meal I stop in for some salmon and a slice of their white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake. HNNNNNG!!!!

There is indeed. Some have issues with getting hard, some with staying hard, some with getting adequately hard, some can't get the whole thing hard, some can't get hard because of psychological issues, some can't get hard because of pharmaceuticals or street drugs, some can't get hard because of their hormones, some can't get hard because of arterial problems, some can't get hard because they sat on a bike-seat for too long & suffered perineal trauma...it's a real thing. Watch out bicycle bros.

Sources: I studied all manner of things related to male health in college. Ya gotta appreciate your "health" when ya have it, bros

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Oysters can cure anything
    Word. They're basically magic. Semi-srs.

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    There is indeed. Some have issues with getting hard, some with staying hard, some with getting adequately hard, some can't get the whole thing hard, some can't get hard because of psychological issues, some can't get hard because of pharmaceuticals or street drugs, some can't get hard because of their hormones, some can't get hard because of arterial problems, some can't get hard because they sat on a bike-seat for too long & suffered perineal trauma...it's a real thing. Watch out bicycle bros.
    You are the Bubba (from Forrest Gump) of Erectile Dysfunction.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pizza is always an easy option, you can get in /add a decent about of protein and veggies to make a good balance of Marcos and food groups. Sushi too
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've literally tried every flavor (srs)

ask me anything
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are the Bubba (from Forrest Gump) of Erectile Dysfunction.
    I srsly lold so hard when I read this
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I've literally tried every flavor (srs)

ask me anything
    Which is the GOAT?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I srsly lold so hard when I read this

Which is the GOAT?
    oh man... well, IMO... the top two for me were:

Carrot Cake Cheesecake
    White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle

Several others were still amazing of course, but those had the most return-purchaser potential.

Some of the crazy ones were great in smaller doses, but they were so damn rich or insane that it was more of a novelty.

The White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle has just the right amount of sweet, tart, etc without being just a gimmick.

The Carrot Cake one (I think it used to have a different name than it does now, but it's the same thing) blends my favorite 'cake' with cheesecake, so it just combines the best of both.

The only ones I didn't really like was the Key Lime and the Godiva Chocolate. The Godiva one just wasn't much of a Cheesecake.. it was just too strong of a chocolate.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Carrot Cake Cheesecake

Several others were still amazing of course, but those had the most return-purchaser potential.

Some of the crazy ones were great in smaller doses, but they were so damn rich or insane that it was more of a novelty.

The White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle has just the right amount of sweet, tart, etc without being just a gimmick.

The Carrot Cake one (I think it used to have a different name than it does now, but it's the same thing) blends my favorite 'cake' with cheesecake, so it just combines the best of both.

The only ones I didn't really like was the Key Lime and the Godiva Chocolate. The Godiva one just wasn't much of a Cheesecake.. it was just too strong of a chocolate.
    Ahhh well sonofabitch! For some reason I actually thought your answer would surprise me cuz you had probably tried one I hadn't. But nope...100% agreed with literally everything you just said

Ahhh well sonofabitch! For some reason I actually thought your answer would surprise me cuz you had probably tried one I hadn't. But nope...100% agreed with literally everything you just said
    Not sure if you ever tried their avocado egg rolls, but man those were fire..

Might be too greasy for me nowadays but back when I was younger those were amazing
    Last edited by AdamWW; 05-14-2021 at 08:17 PM.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Carrot Cake Cheesecake

Hmm haven’t tried those 2. I got the Godiva one once and it was so rich it took me like 3 days to eat. I tend to go for chocolate and or PB flavored ones like the Reese’s etc but I do enjoy a simple plain with fruit type. When I went to the OG Carnegie deli I just got plain.

Hmm haven’t tried those 2. I got the Godiva one once and it was so rich it took me like 3 days to eat. I tend to go for chocolate and or PB flavored ones like the Reese’s etc but I do enjoy a simple plain with fruit type. When I went to the OG Carnegie deli I just got plain.
    I enjoyed the Adam’s PB Cup Fudge Ripple cheesecake but man it was so damn dense.

Other great ones were:

Banana Cream
    Fresh Strawberry (classic flavor)
    Red Velvet
    Caramel Apple

Not sure if you ever tried their avocado egg rolls, but man those were fire..

Might be too greasy for me nowadays but back when I was younger those were amazing
    No but those sound absolutely amazing. I'll split some with my gf next time I go so as to avoid totally destroying my stomach lol

I enjoyed the Adam’s PB Cup Fudge Ripple cheesecake but man it was so damn dense.

Other great ones were:

Banana Cream
    Red Velvet
    Caramel Apple
    I second all of these. Adam's PB cup plus some of their seasonal ones are incredible for a few bites, but are way too rich to eat more than half of.

Other great ones were:

Banana Cream
    Red Velvet
    Caramel Apple

Definitely agree with you on the fresh strawberry and caramel apple. Haven’t tried those other 2 though.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We like the same cheese cakes ^

Love the carrot cake
    Then caramel apple
    Then the white chocolate raspberry

One of the few see’s candys I love in the white chocolate apple pie truffle. I wish they would make that into a cheesecake

I’ve wanted to try the Cinnabon® Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake though and Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EriksenSpurs View Post
    Living in the UK, girlfriend fancies a takeaway tonight. I've kept to my diet cleanly and solidly for a month and don't want to "fall off the wagon" so to speak!
    There's no need to eat "clean". You would benefit from reading the stickies.

As for takeaway, anything you like that fits your goals.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    There are no ingredients sold in a 1st world country that are actively poisonous in small doses. .
    What about the "puffer fish" that is sold in Japan at restaurants? It goes by another name than puffer fish which eludes my memory right now. But I do remember that it contains a neurotoxin that can kill a person if it isn't prepared correctly.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    What about the "puffer fish" that is sold in Japan at restaurants? It goes by another name than puffer fish which eludes my memory right now. But I do remember that it contains a neurotoxin that can kill a person if it isn't prepared correctly.
    Apparently there is only 1 approved source of this and it comes pre-prepared

https://www.fda.gov/food/alerts-advi...0safe%20source.

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    We like the same cheese cakes ^

Love the carrot cake
    Then caramel apple
    Then the white chocolate raspberry

One of the few see’s candys I love in the white chocolate apple pie truffle. I wish they would make that into a cheesecake

I’ve wanted to try the Cinnabon® Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake though and Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
    Great minds

So the Cinnabon is good... BUT... here is my issue: i'm a purist when it comes to cinnamon rolls, and although the flavor is great (of course it is, come on), IMO it's just not AS good as a traditional cinnamon roll, etc.

I think part of the reason is that cinnamon in cheesecake just isn't as contrasting as a tart fruit flavor or something like a chewy, spicy carrot cake. Again, it's VERY GOOD, but it's probably not a TOP TIER cheesecake at least for me.

I did like the lemon meringue one... it was very refreshing

Fugu, almost killed Homer Simpson