Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Deadlift grip strength...SMALL HANDS

Alright, Im really struggling lately. I really wanna add some weight to my deadlift (max set at 310 with belt and wraps), havent done it a while and buildin it back up. My problem is I have really small hands (most girls have bigger hands than me). When I wrap my hand around the bar my index finger just touchs my thumb. I use wraps but every time I lift its a battle of grip. My friend said its easier for him because he can lock his thumb around his index and middle. Do you guys think its a real problem having small hands or do I just gotta hit up that grip strength more. I just started doing a lot more plate pinching and deadlift holds. Any thoughts?
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For the next 4 weeks do this

Go into the gym put 225lbs on the rack just below your deadlift lockout

Pick it up set it down and re grip 3 times for two sets of three do this 5 days a week adding 5lbs every workout.

Hold it for a for about 2-3 seconds at the top

Your grip will sky rocket, dont forget chalk.. or liquid chalk if your gym bitches about it.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    When I wrap my hand around the bar my index finger just touchs my thumb.
    WTF? are you joking?

my thumb and index overlap atleast an inch... rofl... wow, uhmm...well anways work on plate pinching and static holds in a power rack, and double overhand static holds.., I would say get a rolling thunder from ironmind but you probably couldnt get your hand on it good enough to lift anything..

you are using a switch grip and chalk right? make sure you get the bar as far up towards your thumb as you can, so the bar gets caught on the flap of skin....

magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah... I'm having a hard time imagining this. I think even most 12 year olds hands wrap farther around the bar than that.

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not to be captain obvious or anything, but are you using over-under grip? Or over-over? A lot of guys that come from a BB background just think over over is the way to do it. The reason I ask is because you talk about overlapping your fingers and thumb--which sounds like hook grip, and hook grip would be done over-over.

You'll just have to start doing a lot of timed holds and stuff. Also get some chalk.

And I too, somehow don't believe the description of the hand size. It sounds literally about like a newborn baby's hand. I have small hands even for my height and I'm short, and I don't have much problem gripping over-under.

SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well Ive been taught to use sumo deadlift and I use hook grip from doing O lifts. Okay maybe theyre not that small, but when I grip it my thumb gets on the finger nail only on the side, not fully. Oh and my gym doesent allow chalk as it "makes a mess" as they said. Heres the actual measurements of my hand....

Middle finger (from top to bottom, finger only) 3 inches
    Thumb (top to bottom) 2.5 inches
    Whole Hand (middle finger to start of wrist) 7.2 inches

After talkin to guys at the gym, Im just gonna hit up a really good grip program I think. Oh and Im a size 9 shoe. Terrible ass genetics, before lifting I was 120 lbs at the same height, wtf lol.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    fuk the people at your gym, sneak chalk in, just don't make a mess, bring in a little tuppleware container with only a little bit of it.

as far as grip goes, pinch plates, bb static holds, captain of crush grippers, thick bar work are your best friends.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miketl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u may not be able to deadlift but alest your small hands make your pecker look bigger.

Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lose the gloves if ur using them, get chalk and use a mixed grip and you should not have a problem. If you do then do static barbell holds for time.

Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your hands are bigger then mines! the main reason is due to you using a hook grip. it takes a lot of time and practice and PAIN to get use to heavy weights with a hook grip. Like some people already said the switch to over/under grip and the use of chalk should solve your problems, especially since the best you've only done is 310. Doesn't hurt to train grip directly as well, but it won't be needed IMO.
    The Percepta @ 165ah

finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would just get really good at squeezing Cocs. (No Homo)
    Currently on Defranco's Built Like A Badass.

allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude, try looking around your gym for a smaller width bar. I know my gym has 2 different types of bars, one really thick one, and one thinner one. I have big hands and don't have a problem with either, but know how you feel when it comes to feeling like you have bad grip. Just grab a thinner bar and it helps alot.

Also try not to use straps for dead lifting as much as possible. When it gets to the point of the bar slipping out of your hands, then throw them on. This helps build your grip alot.

NoGrandma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoGrandma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoGrandma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoGrandma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoGrandma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoGrandma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoGrandma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoGrandma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoGrandma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoGrandma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoGrandma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u think you have a grip problem. I have deformed hands that were passed down to me by my mother. My middle finger is the smallest on both hands, and i can't even really use a hook grip. I used to complain but realized that it wasn't gonna do any good. I trained my grip hard and later got some chalk. I could pull 465 with just chalk and hold onto it for enough to yell out "there is no reason to be alive if you cannot do deadlift". I could also hand thick smooth farmer's handles 225 each for at least 73 feet (my two driveway cracks). KEEP WORKING YOUR GRIP!!!
    EVOLUTION STRONGMAN
    "born better than you"

The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well Ive been taught to use sumo deadlift and I use hook grip from doing O lifts. Okay maybe theyre not that small, but when I grip it my thumb gets on the finger nail only on the side, not fully. Oh and my gym doesent allow chalk as it "makes a mess" as they said. Heres the actual measurements of my hand....

After talkin to guys at the gym, Im just gonna hit up a really good grip program I think. Oh and Im a size 9 shoe. Terrible ass genetics, before lifting I was 120 lbs at the same height, wtf lol.
    How the hell is that small hands? thats around average. If you cant hold a bar properly than you must be using thick bars.

Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude, from your measurements your hands are not that small, especially for your height. What does it matter how big your shoe is? Stop whining about your genetics, 120/5'7" is not that unusual for a teenager who has never lifted. I used to be 5'10" and 105 pounds. Just work on the grip, use over/under like everyone has mentioned, and you could also try using chalk and cleaning up until someone specifically yells at you.
    "There is no room for failure now. The innocent must die."

Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright, Im really struggling lately. I really wanna add some weight to my deadlift (max set at 310 with belt and wraps), havent done it a while and buildin it back up. My problem is I have really small hands (most girls have bigger hands than me). When I wrap my hand around the bar my index finger just touchs my thumb. I use wraps but every time I lift its a battle of grip. My friend said its easier for him because he can lock his thumb around his index and middle. Do you guys think its a real problem having small hands or do I just gotta hit up that grip strength more. I just started doing a lot more plate pinching and deadlift holds. Any thoughts?
    I found that the COC grippers helped a lot for deadlift grip strength. I have small girly hands too, but I closed the number 2 without too much training with them. Now I can hold 400+ pound bars without trouble. My grip is no longer the limiting factor in my deadlift, which is, of course, the goal for a powerlifter training his grip strength.
    "When other people drink my drink, that means I'm not drinking my drink, and that's f-cking bull****."-NugzTheNinja

300x1, 225x10 bench

Powerlifting Goals
    315 bench
    300x10 squat
    375x10 deadlift
    405 squat
    500 deadlift
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=349412&amp;page=3[/url]

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)

Don't use hook grip. Use over under grip.
    Your genetics aren't bad--My hands are 7.4" inches, and I have no problem deadlifting 500+ for reps even.
    Also, I was just at 130 when I started lifting, so 120 isn't that bad.
    My bro was about 110 when he started lifting and is now 160 and deadlift 475. You'll overcome it in time.

But you've got to lose the hook grip if you want to get anywhere. Very few people deadlift a lot with hook grip, and it takes a lot of practice. If the hook grip was working for you it'd be fine, but you are having problems with it, so stop doing it that way.

Thanks guys, I never thought the hook grip would be the big factor. Well hopefully, Ill be able to get that up. Pretty soon Im leavin for a missions trip for a month and a half so well see how much strength and weight Ill lose in the heat. Hopefully I can maintain with bw excercises. thanks everyone.
    New Shanghai Log!