Page 48 of 116 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 3474
    Sweatin' to death in FL jubjubrsx's Avatar
    jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Does not look too far off, depends on whats inside
    How much did you eat?
    what was left....ugh i feel like cr@p.....never again.... ate all the insides....just the 8 tortillas left

Runner Crew (48.6 miles Dopey Challenge -- Completed)
    Skinny to fat back to skinny crew
    Just say no to Carbs

oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up Well Done!

Originally Posted by jubjubrsx View Post
    what was left....ugh i feel like cr@p.....never again.... ate all the insides....just the 8 tortillas left
    I would say that was 4-5lbs for sure. Yes it depends what is inside of course but it looks very well as big as this one I did last Oct in Santee at K39 Taco Shop. The Mega Blowout Burrito Challenge. Weighed in on site without tray at 5.89lbs. No way yours was just 3ish....had to be more.

Well done none the less bud! The guy I went head to head with quite at 33 minutes and then puked hit guts outside after. I was done in 21 minutes and the first to finish it. Burritos been a strong suite for me......I have a tactic most don't know about lol!

burrito.jpg
    UNBA Men's Physique Athlete
    ProLab & Blueprint for Athletes Rep
    Good Eats Local San Diego Rep
    TrainFightRecover.com Co-Founder
    abetterbitesd.blogspot.com/p/who-am-i.html

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jubjubrsx View Post

looks like you left at least 1/3 of it left. I would try a smaller challenge like a 2lb burger if you have it, and see how you go there.

oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Erik,

Give these other local eats a try for either speed purposes or capacity (or both) as they fairly close to you.

Eggsecutioner Challenge Amigo Spot Mission Valley (must do before 2pm close)

Brians 24 Pancake Monster Challenge in Gaslamp

Cafe 222 Griddle Gobble Challenge hardest loss i ever took.....so wanted to beat this one!!

Kamikazee Mega Sushi Roll Challenge in Gaslamp (new owners now, may not have it??)

Smok'n Bulls BBQ Trough Challenge in Linda Vista (my favorite challenge to date!)

Slaters5050 (Liberty Station only) "B3" Challenge (brownie, burger, breakfast) (2nd favorite to date)

McGonagles Cheesesteak Double Trouble Challenge, Point Loma or Grantville

Happy Eats my friend.....god speed!

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ Josh

@ cheesesteak challenge
    I was told it was discontinued.

@Slaters
    Doesn't really look substantial enough, but looks good!

@ Bulls

Ditto.. But is coming up.

@ kamikaze

Was also told it was dscontinued

@Cafe 22

wish it was a formal challenge, would definitely do it all if it was free.

@ Eggsecutioner

Also discontinued

Looks like brians is coming up! Will likely drop in one of these days. What's the record?

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Just also want to say NICE JOB jub!

Few people ITT actually put their money where their mouths are and actually DO (attempt) challenges. Respect!

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    It's really the mentality at that point. There are no easy ways out of the situation at that stage of the game, I know many just take the fries and ball them up and eat them.. Others start dunking. But it's really all about the mindset and how full you "really are" at that Mark.

Personally, after 20 minutes I KNEW I could handle more, I just had to push through. I would like to alter my eating strategy a bit if I'm going to be looking at the MLE (thinking of taking more of a chestnut/pete approach to eating ----> stuffing face instead of not being as close to the food). But either way, I'll be experimenting with different methods.
    No challenge experience but always wondered (maybe you could answer)... Why not set aside the top bun, douse it in ketchup and load on the fries, more ketchup, fold like a sandwich and eat that? Seems like it would be the easiest method for getting rid of the fries IMO, but I may be wrong in that.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't you still be just eating a giant sandwich? There's a reason why most of us go for the meat/protein first and then attack the starches.

gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't you still be just eating a giant sandwich? There's a reason why most of us go for the meat/protein first and then attack the starches.
    Meant do what I said, but last; should have specified that.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Sweatin' to death in FL jubjubrsx's Avatar
    jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by oregonpanthers View Post
    I would say that was 4-5lbs for sure. Yes it depends what is inside of course but it looks very well as big as this one I did last Oct in Santee at K39 Taco Shop. The Mega Blowout Burrito Challenge. Weighed in on site without tray at 5.89lbs. No way yours was just 3ish....had to be more.

Well done none the less bud! The guy I went head to head with quite at 33 minutes and then puked hit guts outside after. I was done in 21 minutes and the first to finish it. Burritos been a strong suite for me......I have a tactic most don't know about lol!
    Attachment 7473571
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    looks like you left at least 1/3 of it left. I would try a smaller challenge like a 2lb burger if you have it, and see how you go there.

Just also want to say NICE JOB jub!

Few people ITT actually put their money where their mouths are and actually DO (attempt) challenges. Respect!

I have to say what an awesome community on this thread, so damn supportive.

@Bob, I think I'd like to try a smaller challenge but a burger one wouldnt be good for me I think what really killed me on this challenge mostly wasnt so much the capacity as much as I eat so insanely clean for the most part that the higher fatty foods just totally screwed up my system something fierce. On the menu showed like 1.5 lbs of carnitas and re-fried beans instead of whole beans which I expected. the chicken went down easy with no problems. So a burger might just destroy me with the grease is what I'd seriously be afraid of.

@erik thanks bud!

reading over their menu again here's a quote from their menu
    EL JEFE BURRITO CHALLENGE $25
    1 pound carnitas, ½ pound chicken, 1 pound rice, 1 pound beans, ½ pound Jack cheese,
    rolled in 5 tortillas, topped with enchilada sauce and sour cream
    I ate everything on the insides of the burrito, and just the tortilla's were left and I got curious this morning and weighed out what was left almost 2.7lbs left! wowza.
    Runner Crew (48.6 miles Dopey Challenge -- Completed)
    Skinny to fat back to skinny crew
    Just say no to Carbs

Being an enduranxe athlete I know you run what is extremely clean? I am sure with your intake you could easily push down some higher fat foods and maybe help your body get use to it
    If 5 tortillas weigh 3 pounds that's ridiculous!

@ cheesesteak challenge
    I was told it was discontinued.

"gotta be kidding? just did this in march.....owner himself called to ask me how to make it formalized? oh well, their loss."

@Slaters
    Doesn't really look substantial enough, but looks good!

"true. for guys like us this wont be a hard challenge, come ready no doubt but took me all but 24 minutes going nice and easy so yea...no a true challenge. just outrageously good!"

@ Bulls

Ditto.. But is coming up.

"wise man!!"

@ kamikaze

Was also told it was discontinued

"figured so with new managers running the place.....such a loss"

@Cafe 22

wish it was a formal challenge, would definitely do it all if it was free.

"it was free. talk with terryl garve the owner, if you set it up ahead and agree to give her pics and video, she comps the meal if you finish in 45 minutes."

@ Eggsecutioner

Also discontinued

"shocked! they played this up so much and even made a poster character for the challenge itself with places to put peoples pictures up. just did it in feb to so why the ended it so fast....i dont know?"

Looks like brians is coming up! Will likely drop in one of these days. What's the record?

"13:57 by Ramsey "the Mantis" Hilton......would not believe it if I had not seen it myself.....i will be there to watch you do this one i promise"

Thumbs up some tactics to come in with A game!

jubjubrsx

with a metabolism like yours from being an endurance athlete you likely have the ability to handle allot of food overall but ones speed and capacity has little to do with a fast metabolism. what you need to perhaps try is apply some tactics that may help set you up for best possible performance at a challenge. more so than just not eating all day prior to like most people do. i tried that for my very first challenge april fools day 2013. had like 10 bites left of the ironman challenge at broken yolk and threw in the towel at 34 minutes.

i have done 25 challenges since then up till March this year and lost only one. i even repeated the Ironman on July 4 last year and killed it in just over 21 minutes and still felt fine after vs the crazy pain of the first time.

i took some tips from Mr. Randy Santel and have not looked back since.

night before a challenge.....about 2 hours before bed

consume an equal weight of the upcoming challenge in lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries cottage cheese, greek yogurt and water.....soft, easy to digest, low fiber, fat, high water based foods that wont stay in your gut for long yet offer some expansion benefits. this effect can last for up to 12 hours. try to finish in 30 minutes to get the full expansion benefits.

morning of......if the challenge is first thing or within 3 hours of waking then just hold off and go after it!

if its 4+ hours after waking try a similar meal like the night before but smaller.....i would do this as my am routine before afternoon and evening challenges.

20 oz water, 1 very large tomato, 1 very large grapefruit, 1 head of lettuce (sprinkle with crystal light to put down)

i myself like to go workout once that meal settles. i can always eat much more or at least want to eat much more after a good workout. i leave about an hour after the workout to let my body settle back down and by then my appetite is through the roof and my stomach is wide open to handle more food.

it has never failed me yet and all else aside. win or loose, more or less food, your in far less pain by doing this since your stomach is more responsive to stretch vs the typical all day fast most employ allowing their stomach to shrink way down.

just my .02 cents but i bet this will change your game big time as it did mine.

^ My "method" is a bit different and is primarily based around timing the water intake, and with less emphasis on food.. well, other than eating a substantial amount the day prior.

But to each their own!

Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    Kamikazee sushi is such ****. lol One of the worst places to go in Gaslamp. It's getting harder to get decent sushi here. I used to drive 60-70 miles for really authentic sushi and that and other places were bought out by modern-tards who focus on non-Japanese interpretation of sushi.
    Getting "Authentic Sushi" in the states...

Speaking of sushi...

Only had 'Real' Sushi once, from some hole in the wall place owned by a Japanese guy who didn't speak English (waiter had to interpret); nothing but regret. 100% the best Sushi, and one of the best meals, I ever had. Nothing even comes close, that Sushi was so good it ruined everywhere else for me haha.

Sad that it closed, never even knew the name, just a roadside storefront close to Santa Cruz.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What happened to "prep lol"?
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    What happened to "prep lol"?
    Why are you still subbed/posting ITT? lol

For substantial challenges, when you actually need to expand your stomach to a larger capacity than what it already is.. preparing is essential. Although for most, I don't even bother.

@ oregon

Weren't you going to do this?

Soon...jpeg

http://www.********.com/events/1519936441598590/

" A total of ten (10) individuals will compete for the title — The final will take place on Saturday, January 10, 2015 — Over $1000 in food credit and prizes will be awarded in total. (Competitive eating contest for individuals 18 or older.) "

Soon...jpeg

http://www.********.com/events/1519936441598590/

" A total of ten (10) individuals will compete for the title — The final will take place on Saturday, January 10, 2015 — Over $1000 in food credit and prizes will be awarded in total. (Competitive eating contest for individuals 18 or older.) "
    The bear doing it this year??
    he swept house last year.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Because i luv u bb
    PL Log

BTK!

Because i luv u bb

I remember my first burger challenge.. Lmao

Well that makes sense
    PL Log

BTK!

Well that makes sense
    Because posting in an Eating Challenge thread when you never do them.. Makes complete sense..

I was yes. I had an interview the morning after at Joint Base Fort Lewis McCord. My flight left at 4 pm the day they wanted us in to do it. Had to be at airpor by 3. Challenge started at 2 in Carlsbad. Never would have made it. Flight details was not sent to me till the Friday before the Sunday event. I put so much work into getting it set for Naader and I that I could not let my absence let it fall through. Called up Mr. ROSS as a tentative fill in. Turned out as we see now it's a good thing to! Really sacked to miss it after a month of planning and my first tag team gig with the FREAK himself!

Bright side, interview went 100% perfect and the base and facility there is wack!

Soon...jpeg

Good luck man! Not to offend but, sure you're ready to go against pros? Or is this more for fun/experience?

Bound to be a good time either way!

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Good luck man! Not to offend but, sure you're ready to go against pros? Or is this more for fun/experience?

Bound to be a good time either way!
    Go against pros? I will likely be taking them on some day, so why not now? What makes you think that I'm not ready?

I'm definitely not a speed eater, but I have done ONE challenge that Jamie had failed.

But as you say, it should be a fun experience.