marioenouel is on a distinguished road. (+10)

preparing for an amateur natty comp HELP!

Hey whats up guys?

So I'm down from almost 300lbs (im in my mid-to-late 20s and 6'1) and almost 40%BF to about 240 and around 26%BF.

I decided the other day, with my trainer, that I will compete. My wish is to do it circa March,April 2021.

My trainer first mentioned he would like me to get down to 7% for the comp, being 10% my final goal. I agreed, believing 10% is the sustainable number but 7% could be my in-season number. He mentioned today, though, that he wants me to try my best and if I get down to 4% so be it. That scares me a bit... will I look too weird or sexy? I know some fitness models (looks are important to me) are around 6% so I'm fine with trying to get down to that number, but am I overworrying?

Can I compete with 6% BF? Will 4% look weird on me? What do you think?

I hope I'm competition material! I don't want to be a pussy

NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NearlyBigAngus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by marioenouel View Post
    Hey whats up guys?

So I'm down from almost 300lbs (im in my mid-to-late 20s and 6'1) and almost 40%BF to about 240 and around 26%BF.

I decided the other day, with my trainer, that I will compete. My wish is to do it circa March,April 2021.

My trainer first mentioned he would like me to get down to 7% for the comp, being 10% my final goal. I agreed, believing 10% is the sustainable number but 7% could be my in-season number. He mentioned today, though, that he wants me to try my best and if I get down to 4% so be it. That scares me a bit... will I look too weird or sexy? I know some fitness models (looks are important to me) are around 6% so I'm fine with trying to get down to that number, but am I overworrying?

You're working with a trainer who thinks that 4% natty is a good target?

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by marioenouel View Post
    Hey whats up guys?

You want to get down to 4 percent bf from 26 by march next year? Where has your trainer got you training... Auschwitz?

[QUOTE=NearlyBigAngus;1612261831]You're working with a trainer who thinks that 4% natty is a good target?[QUOTE=NearlyBigAngus;1612261831]

What's the deal with that? He thought 7% was a good target, but that if I get to 4% even better.
    Last edited by marioenouel; 08-01-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    You want to get down to 4 percent bf from 26 by march next year? Where has your trainer got you training... Auschwitz?
    hahaha Well I'm hoping for at least 9.9% by April 30. I won't compete being 10.10%bf but will do so at 9.9%bf. 5 pounds a month from today will get me there. Am I being unrealistic?

he mentioned low carbing for 3 months before the competition and careful calorie watching (which I'm already doing, but I'm doing 2000cal, 200g protein right now).

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bro you're dropping down from obesity (40%) - have you ever been lean before? Getting down to single digits is hard, maintaining it is even harder. I bet once you get down to 10% you'll be ecstatic with how you look from where you started...don't get ahead of yourself.

Originally Posted by NearlyBigAngus View Post
    You're working with a trainer who thinks that 4% natty is a good target?

He thought 7% was a good target, but that if I get to 4% even better that I shouldn't limit myself to 7% if its "in my cards".

Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    Bro you're dropping down from obesity (40%) - have you ever been lean before? Getting down to single digits is hard, maintaining it is even harder. I bet once you get down to 10% you'll be ecstatic with how you look from where you started...don't get ahead of yourself.
    yeah I've been lean before man. haha yeah can't wait to be 10% and 19% before that!