Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DiaFF View Post
    Ugh.. No.. Just no..

Peanut butter doesn't help you lose weight.. Eating at a deficit makes you lose weight..

Eating fat doesn't make you fat.. Overeating makes you fat..
    This.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not surprised at all - just the opposite really. 7 spoonfuls of peanut butter is a little over 600 calories I think.

I'm only saying that peanut butter fills me up quickly - 7-8 spoonfuls would easily satiate me, 4 or 5 would likely fill me up for a while. As for PB being good for cutting, I agree with you, I don't think I would typically think of PB as cutting food. That being said, PB does produce a high thermic rate, and the fat is almost all monosaturated, which has been shown to increase the resting metabolic rate. So honestly, I might consider giving PB a chance as a cutting food.

That's one reason I posted this on the forum, hoping someone could either confirm or deny the idea of PB being a good part of a cutting diet - in a scientific manner of course, no "broscience" as this forum likes to label anecdotal evidence.

Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    So you are surprised that 1000 calories of food, which I imagine that such a shake would have, provides some satiety? I mean, that's like DQ Blizzard or chocolate malt level calories right there.

I like PB as much as anyone, but when I cut it's certainly not even close to being a staple. Getting fats in isn't my biggest issue, it's staying full.
    USMC Vet

Current Weight: 189 lbs
    Bench: 300 lbs
    Curls: 100 lbs on each arm
    Dead Lift: Not sure yet

The Living Apex Project - LivingApex.com

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”

-Albert Einstein

d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think it requires a bunch of information to conclude that peanut butter can be used as part of a cutting diet. Anything that has healthy fats should be considered for consumption. The case study you posted is a little vague but you can assume the reason why peanut butter should be considered vs other fats (from chips, butter, oils) is because it's more satiable. Ultimately with fat loss, you need to be in a caloric deficit. The fats you do eat should be in the form of poly and monounsaturated, but some have advocated that if in a caloric deficit, it doesn't matter what kind of fats you consume, so long as they aren't trans fat.

jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrueff7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think your first point is a good one. To present a friendly challenge to the rest of your post though, I'll say again that PB produce a high thermic rate, and the fat is almost all monosaturated, which has been shown to increase the resting metabolic rate. So honestly, I might consider giving PB a chance as a cutting food.

That's one reason I posted this on the forum, hoping someone could either confirm or deny the idea of PB being a good part of a cutting diet - in a scientific manner of course, no "broscience" as this forum likes to label anecdotal evidence.

Also - the fat found within cottage cheese is primarily saturated fat. If your goal is to cut, cottage cheese is not your best choice.

Please correct me if I'm wrong (And being human I'm often wrong), my goal here is to learn, and you may be my teacher today.

Originally Posted by d3votion View Post
    So it would seem those that had the peanut butter felt more full and therefore stuck to their diet. Replace that with cottage cheese (or anything else that is satiable) and it will most likely produce the same effect. 35% of calories from fat is NOT a lot of fat if you're on a diet. It's actually easy to go over that if you make a few poor food choices in your daily consumption. At the end of the day, peanut butter is expensive and I don't consider it a "superfood" to burn fat. I'd rather eat a chicken breast or some cottage cheese.
    USMC Vet

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”

-Albert Einstein

JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So it would seem those that had the peanut butter felt more full and therefore stuck to their diet. Replace that with cottage cheese (or anything else that is satiable) and it will most likely produce the same effect. 35% of calories from fat is NOT a lot of fat if you're on a diet. It's actually easy to go over that if you make a few poor food choices in your daily consumption. At the end of the day, peanut butter is expensive and I don't consider it a "superfood" to burn fat. I'd rather eat a chicken breast or some cottage cheese.

Mmmmmm......Cottage cheese. Low fat 1%. 1 cup. 180 calories. Around 25g of protein. Delicious cut food.

Agreed, agreed.

I don't think it requires a bunch of information to conclude that peanut butter can be used as part of a cutting diet. Anything that has healthy fats should be considered for consumption. The case study you posted is a little vague but you can assume the reason why peanut butter should be considered vs other fats (from chips, butter, oils) is because it's more satiable. Ultimately with fat loss, you need to be in a caloric deficit. The fats you do eat should be in the form of poly and monounsaturated, but some have advocated that if in a caloric deficit, it doesn't matter what kind of fats you consume, so long as they aren't trans fat.
    USMC Vet

-Albert Einstein

d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d3votion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jrueff7 View Post
    I think your first point is a good one. To present a friendly challenge to the rest of your post though, I'll say again that PB produce a high thermic rate, and the fat is almost all monosaturated, which has been shown to increase the resting metabolic rate. So honestly, I might consider giving PB a chance as a cutting food.

Also - the fat found within cottage cheese is primarily saturated fat. If your goal is to cut, cottage cheese is not your best choice.

Please correct me if I'm wrong (And being human I'm often wrong), my goal here is to learn, and you may be my teacher today.
    I'm not an expert and you may be right with the thermic rate and all that but does it really have significant impact? I don't think so... IMHO, a calorie is a calorie... It can definitely be considered a cutting food, as anything can be really. You could eat 1800 calories from chips a day and call it a cut if you really wanted to.. But superfood? NO. Superfoods are different in that they are minimally processed and they are nutrient dense, think fruits and vegies... Poly and monounsaturated fats are definitely better than saturated fats but it appears that when you're cutting, cholesterol levels still drop, even when consuming saturated fats. This is why is appears why some advocated it doesn't matter what kind of fats you eat if you're in a cut. I personally still try to incorporate poly and unsaturated fats in my diet but I'm not afraid to eat saturated fats.

You've got some great points brother - I don't want to take from that. The following excerpt from the peanut institute (lol) just shows why peanuts and peanut butter could be considered a superfood - whether it is, or is not - in your opinion - is of course entirely subjective and up to you. This will be my last large post on the subject, but I do want to say thank you for showing an informed and well-thought out opinion.

The combined nutrients in peanuts, including
    their rich source of protein, are what make
    peanuts stand above the rest. Peanuts have
    the most protein per ounce of any other nut.
    They also have more arginine than most
    foods, with much more per serving than even
    eggs or milk (1). Arginine has numerous critical
    functions in the body. It is involved in making
    insulin, which helps take the sugar from our
    blood into cells to be utilized as energy. It is
    also converted to nitric oxide, which aids in the relaxation of blood vessels, promoting improved
    blood circulation throughout the body.

The plant chemical resveratrol, which
    is found in peanuts, has been touted recently
    because research is showing that its benefits may
    be extended to animals and humans. Resveratrol
    has been shown to provide protective benefits
    against cardiovascular and neurodegenerative
    diseases, inflammation, and cancer. It has also
    been referred to as an “anti-aging” and “life-
    extending” compound because of its action at
    the cellular level (2).

Adding power to the punch, peanuts also have
    phytosterols.
    Simply put, phytosterols
    are the plant form of cholesterol. They have a
    similar structure to the cholesterol that travels
    our bodies and when enough is consumed they
    will compete with cholesterol in the digestive
    tract to possibly help lower “bad” LDL
    cholesterol levels by blocking its absorption. A
    recent study by Jenkins, et al. showed that plant
    sterols contributed to over one third of the “bad”
    LDL cholesterol reduction that was seen with a
    diet used to improve blood lipids (3).

In addition, the American Heart Association
    released Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations
    in 2006, which advised people to consume plant
    sterols daily to help in maintaining “bad” LDL cholesterol reductions (4). Peanuts contain three
    main phytosterols: beta-sitosterol, campesterol,
    and stigmasterol.

Research has shown that chronic diseases
    including heart disease and diabetes are
    positively affected by diets rich in peanuts
    and peanut butter (5). Small daily portions of
    peanuts, 1 to 1 ½ ounces were associated with a
    27% reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes
    and a 50% reduction in heart disease (5,6). These
    benefits have been attributed to the fatty acid
    profile in peanuts as they are high in healthy
    mono- and polyunsaturated fats, but emerging
    research is showing that the plant protein in
    peanuts and other bioactive components may
    also be contributing.
    Data analyzed from
    the Nurses’ Health Study has recently shown
    a reduced risk of coronary heart disease and
    diabetes when plant sources of fat or protein are
    included in the diet (7). Peanuts also contribute
    fiber to the diet and since they are one of the
    lowest glycemic index foods, they keep your
    blood sugar on an even keel, helping to sustain
    energy (8). Together with their functional
    bioactives, vitamins and minerals, peanuts are
    one super food that provide big health benefits
    in a small package, that you don’t want to miss.

I'm not an expert and you may be right with the thermic rate and all that but does it really have significant impact? I don't think so... IMHO, a calorie is a calorie... It can definitely be considered a cutting food, as anything can be really. You could eat 1800 calories from chips a day and call it a cut if you really wanted to.. But superfood? NO. Superfoods are different in that they are minimally processed and they are nutrient dense, think fruits and vegies... Poly and monounsaturated fats are definitely better than saturated fats but it appears that when you're cutting, cholesterol levels still drop, even when consuming saturated fats. This is why is appears why some advocated it doesn't matter what kind of fats you eat if you're in a cut. I personally still try to incorporate poly and unsaturated fats in my diet but I'm not afraid to eat saturated fats.
    USMC Vet

-Albert Einstein

As for the thermic rate not making a significant impact and Poly/Monounsaturated fats having minimal importance in a cutting diet, I will have to agree to disagree with you, but again I do respect your opinion - thank you for giving it!
    USMC Vet

-Albert Einstein

It's all good brotha. Your excerpt seems to be speaking of peanuts more specifically, rather than peanut butter. I don't doubt for one bit that the peanut, in itself can be considered a superfood...but when processed into peanut butter, I begin to question it as a "superfood".

hmmm... what about fruits, veggies, and seaweed processed into nekked juice?

It's all good brotha. Your excerpt seems to be speaking of peanuts more specifically, rather than peanut butter. I don't doubt for one bit that the peanut, in itself can be considered a superfood...but when processed into peanut butter, I begin to question it as a "superfood".
    USMC Vet

-Albert Einstein

hmmm... what about fruits, veggies, and seaweed processed into nekked juice?
    Any processing done to a food breaks down its nutritional value and yes, even fruit and veggies. Oxidation is the biggest cause for this.

Agreed, but would you say Naked juice (despite diminished value) for example, is still nutritional or not so much?

Any processing done to a food breaks down its nutritional value and yes, even fruit and veggies. Oxidation is the biggest cause for this.
    USMC Vet

-Albert Einstein

Agreed, but would you say Naked juice (despite diminished value) for example, is still nutritional or not so much?
    To be honest I don't know. I think it would be fair to say that it's nutritional but to what extent I cannot say. The fruit it contains is not fresh and who knows if it was exposed to heat (also degrades nutritional value). I've seen many debates on the actual nutritional value of blended bottled products but cannot take sides. I like to think that they're still nutritional but I know for a fact it's no where near as nutritional as eating the fruit whole. Personally, I'd rather save my $3-4 that I would spend on a naked juice and I'd rather buy some fresh fruits and blend them at home, then quickly drink it

Lol, fair enough my friend - I hope that peanut butter retains a good portion of the peanut's nutrients like juice seems to (unless the FDA-approved nutritional values on the back lie to me), but if it doesn't I hate the idea of grinding my own peanuts into butter - time is money

To be honest I don't know. I think it would be fair to say that it's nutritional but to what extent I cannot say. The fruit it contains is not fresh and who knows if it was exposed to heat (also degrades nutritional value). I've seen many debates on the actual nutritional value of blended bottled products but cannot take sides. I like to think that they're still nutritional but I know for a fact it's no where near as nutritional as eating the fruit whole. Personally, I'd rather save my $3-4 that I would spend on a naked juice and I'd rather buy some fresh fruits and blend them at home, then quickly drink it
    USMC Vet

-Albert Einstein

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    - peanuts have in incomplete protein the do not have a complete amino acid profile.
    - the protein to fat ratio in peanuts makes it impossible to use as a legitimate protein sorce for cutting
    - peanuts are very low on the satiety scale when compared to things like egg whites, lean meat, green veggies
    - if you have the typical American diet you omega 3 to 6 ratios are poor and peanuts will just add to that

This leaves me to the conclusion, that if I need to fill the need for sweets chocolate has a better calorie density. If I need to be full there are dozens of better choices than nuts.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    8 spoonfuls of of peanut butter (assuming a spoonfull is a tablespoon) is 760 calories, 64g of fat and 32g of protein. As much as I love it, that doesn't sound like a good thing to regularly have in your diet if you are trying to cut.

The combination of a stimulated thermic rate and the increased resting metabolic rate keep peanuts as a high valued source of nutrients in the cutting game. I agree, they are high in fat, but that fat is almost entirely monounsaturated fat which is not only healthy but helps you burn more fat.

Now the omega 3 to 6 ratios - I didn't realize these were bad in any way - peanuts have a high level of omega 6, can you tell me why that's bad again? I'm uninformed in this area unfortunately...

I'm still pretty sold on peanuts after reading this study though:

The combined nutrients in peanuts, including
    their rich source of protein, are what make
    peanuts stand above the rest. Peanuts have
    the most protein per ounce of any other nut.
    They also have more arginine than most
    foods, with much more per serving than even
    eggs or milk (1). Arginine has numerous critical
    functions in the body. It is involved in making
    insulin, which helps take the sugar from our
    blood into cells to be utilized as energy. It is
    also converted to nitric oxide, which aids in the relaxation of blood vessels, promoting improved
    blood circulation throughout the body.

The plant chemical resveratrol, which
    is found in peanuts, has been touted recently
    because research is showing that its benefits may
    be extended to animals and humans. Resveratrol
    has been shown to provide protective benefits
    against cardiovascular and neurodegenerative
    diseases, inflammation, and cancer. It has also
    been referred to as an “anti-aging” and “life-
    extending” compound because of its action at
    the cellular level (2).

Adding power to the punch, peanuts also have
    phytosterols.
    Simply put, phytosterols
    are the plant form of cholesterol. They have a
    similar structure to the cholesterol that travels
    our bodies and when enough is consumed they
    will compete with cholesterol in the digestive
    tract to possibly help lower “bad” LDL
    cholesterol levels by blocking its absorption. A
    recent study by Jenkins, et al. showed that plant
    sterols contributed to over one third of the “bad”
    LDL cholesterol reduction that was seen with a
    diet used to improve blood lipids (3).

In addition, the American Heart Association
    released Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations
    in 2006, which advised people to consume plant
    sterols daily to help in maintaining “bad” LDL cholesterol reductions (4). Peanuts contain three
    main phytosterols: beta-sitosterol, campesterol,
    and stigmasterol.

Research has shown that chronic diseases
    including heart disease and diabetes are
    positively affected by diets rich in peanuts
    and peanut butter (5). Small daily portions of
    peanuts, 1 to 1 ½ ounces were associated with a
    27% reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes
    and a 50% reduction in heart disease (5,6). These
    benefits have been attributed to the fatty acid
    profile in peanuts as they are high in healthy
    mono- and polyunsaturated fats, but emerging
    research is showing that the plant protein in
    peanuts and other bioactive components may
    also be contributing.
    Data analyzed from
    the Nurses’ Health Study has recently shown
    a reduced risk of coronary heart disease and
    diabetes when plant sources of fat or protein are
    included in the diet (7). Peanuts also contribute
    fiber to the diet and since they are one of the
    lowest glycemic index foods, they keep your
    blood sugar on an even keel, helping to sustain
    energy (8). Together with their functional
    bioactives, vitamins and minerals, peanuts are
    one super food that provide big health benefits
    in a small package, that you don’t want to miss.

Originally Posted by Electricheadd View Post
    - peanuts have in incomplete protein the do not have a complete amino acid profile.
    - the protein to fat ratio in peanuts makes it impossible to use as a legitimate protein sorce for cutting
    - peanuts are very low on the satiety scale when compared to things like egg whites, lean meat, green veggies
    - if you have the typical American diet you omega 3 to 6 ratios are poor and peanuts will just add to that

This leaves me to the conclusion, that if I need to fill the need for sweets chocolate has a better calorie density. If I need to be full there are dozens of better choices than nuts.
    USMC Vet

-Albert Einstein

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The combination of a stimulated thermic rate and the increased resting metabolic rate keep peanuts as a high valued source of nutrients in the cutting game. I agree, they are high in fat, but that fat is almost entirely monounsaturated fat which is not only healthy but helps you burn more fat.

Now the omega 3 to 6 ratios - I didn't realize these were bad in any way - peanuts have a high level of omega 6, can you tell me why that's bad again? I'm uninformed in this area unfortunately...

I'm still pretty sold on peanuts after reading this study
    - the highest thermic effect comes from protein, of which peanuts are a poor source. If you were going to use TEF as a criteria, lean meat has a much higher TEF.
    - The average American has no shortage of omega 6 fatty acids in his diet, the prevailing theory is we should be replacing some of those with Omega 3 sources such as those found in fish. This is why we all take fish oil.
    - your study does not apply to body builders cutting, we eat protein in quantities that assures we have no shortage of any amino acids like those referenced. It may be valid to an average joe or vegetarian.
    - for a cutting food to be considered good it needs to provide good satiety and easily fit into your macros ....peanut butter does nether.

http://www.bmj.com/press-releases/20...sease-guidance

Newer studies contradict the health benefits of omega 6
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Crap... I've got to get up at 0500 so I don't have time for a useful response - good stuff though, will pick up tomorrow
    USMC Vet

-Albert Einstein

Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DiaFF View Post
    Ugh.. No.. Just no..

Peanut butter doesn't help you lose weight.. Eating at a deficit makes you lose weight..

Eating fat doesn't make you fat.. Overeating makes you fat..
    Strong this.

Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wiiownz16 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

OP, if there's a way to increase metabolic rate that actually works and isn't bro science (other than adding LBM), please tell us. We'd all love to know.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wiiownz16 View Post
    OP, if there's a way to increase metabolic rate that actually works and isn't bro science (other than adding LBM), please tell us. We'd all love to know.
    high carbohydrate diet and long periods of overfeeding, result in elevated t3 hormone (search on the net)
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good posts and exchanges of information all around.

Originally Posted by Wiiownz16 View Post
    I like the idea of growing your metabolism by incrementally adding more calories in at a very slow rate. While I do not believe you can truly increase it beyond the norm, it may be a way to get your metabolism back to optimal without gaining all the rebound fat or living low cal forever.
    My Reverse Diet Log

Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kevin71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I put a tbsp of Natty PB in my morning proats and it makes it taste delicious. 'Tis a must in my cutting diet. Makes a 400 calorie breakfast extra delicious in addition to satiating.
    iSatori MAXON Powerbuilding Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168656293

dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtown3411 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    america turning every food to lowfat is what hurts us the most =(
    Sometimes I like to lay on the floor and pretend to be a carrot

idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    what is unhealthy? There is no such thing as unhealthy (dont mention MSG, or transfats btw).
    When you say don't mention transfats, are you saying that because they're not bad? From what I know, they're. They're the only "bad" fats. Incorrect or just so obvious and specific you decided to exclude it?

Originally Posted by idz21 View Post
    When you say don't mention transfats, are you saying that because they're not bad? From what I know, they're. They're the only "bad" fats. Incorrect or just so obvious and specific you decided to exclude it?
    Transfats, are bad in large enough quantities. The naturally occurring ones found in milk for example are probably of no concern unless you drink an all milk diet. Where as partially hydrogenated cooking oil or margarine 10 years ago was of great concern. (They have rules about trans fats now)
    My Reverse Diet Log

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by idz21 View Post
    Because common sense would tell someone not to go out of their way to ingest ridiculous amounts of the stuff, and it is a common sense approach that no food inherently is bad, its eating too much that is "unhealthy" (1000+ calorie surplus with zero exercise every day for years).
    There are trans fats in nutella, i eat a table spoon of nutella every day, it will never cause any problems, one has a better chance of the emergency door on an airplane falling off mid-flight and sucking them out of the cabin.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?