Thread: Calorie intake?

ncw106289 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calorie intake?

Lean bulk goal
    Age 45
    Current weight 205
    Current body fat 25-30%

Goal body fat 15%

Please help! How many calories should I do per day and what should macros be set at?

THANK YOU!!!

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Read "Sticky: Calculating Calories and Macros - How To" at top of this forum.

Buy a food scale. Weigh EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Read "Sticky: Calculating Calories and Macros - How To" at top of this forum.

Buy a food scale. Weigh EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth.
    Although I agree with the sticky suggestion and also having a scale on hand, I think perhaps suggesting he weigh 'EVERYTHING that goes into his mouth' could be too extreme too soon.

OP is 5-8" and weighing 205, and probably very new to fitness. Rushing into weighing and tracking every gram of every last thing could lead to some mental fatigue around food which isn't necessary early on, especially with so much weight to lose. A great deal of progress can probably be made without being very anal about weighing, tracking etc. Keeping track of calories and macro ballparks definitely... but I think it's good to take things gradually in the early stages.

Also, OP, if you're losing this much fat while lifting, you're not 'lean bulking', you're cutting and gaining muscle.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 08-13-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Registered User NxUrAvgMealPrep's Avatar
    NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Although I agree with the sticky suggestion and also having a scale on hand, I think perhaps suggesting he weigh 'EVERYTHING that goes into his mouth' could be too extreme too soon.

OP is 5-8" and weighing 205, and probably very new to fitness. Rushing into weighing and tracking every gram of every last thing could lead to some mental fatigue around food which isn't necessary early on, especially with so much weight to lose. A great deal of progress can probably be made without being very anal about weighing, tracking etc. Keeping track of calories and macro ballparks definitely... but I think it's good to take things gradually in the early stages.

Also, OP, if you're losing this much fat while lifting, you're not 'lean bulking', you're cutting and gaining muscle.
    ^^this. take slow sustainable steps that seem minuscule to you, and in a years time you'll be further than you ever thought

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What Adam said. Don't think you are lean bulking either. At least you shouldn't be.
    Curing Disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post

Thank you for the advice, Very helpful

Originally Posted by NxUrAvgMealPrep View Post
    ^^this. take slow sustainable steps that seem minuscule to you, and in a years time you'll be further than you ever thought
    Will do, thank you