Stockyandlazy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fatty Did Snake Diet now on Keto - Cant lose weight

I gained a lot of weight recently after losing someone. Drank the sadness away for a good year. Walked to fast food drunk and stumbling at 2 am many many times. I reached my highest weight ever 297 pounds at 5 foot 8.

I looked like an overstuffed sausage in any clothes I put on. Including my 3xl shirts. I went out to the store drunk and found some clothes I looked nice in. They were 7XL. And on sale because no one else was fat enough to buy them. So I decided to lose weight.

I quit smoking, drinking, and eating all at the same time. I started the snake diet and drank nothing but salt water and water for 4 to 8 days at a time depending on how long I could go. I'd eat one small keto meal after each fast then go again. Chicken and asparagus nothing else. I lost 40 pounds the first month. Then another 10 pounds the week after. I ended up eating a piece of steak with peanuts and veg. And got some incredible pain and ended up blacking out and ending up in emergency room.

Doctor said I was a moron for eating this way and told me to keep regular fasts at 48 hours or less and for the next month eat at least once a day. He said fasts and keto are very healthy for you but doing it how I was is not.

Anyways on to the problem at hand. I've been on keto one meal a day for 2 weeks now. I drink tons of water. I have 1 electrolyte tablet in the morning (voost). And I have 1 or 2 glasses of diet sprite. I have my meals at dinner time and never ever EVER cheat. My keto strips are always dark dark purple.

I have not lost any weight at all.

I even started back on the exercise. I was avoiding weights while on the Snake Diet except on refeed days since I had no energy. Now I try to go whenever my legs aren't dead from squats / deadlifts. Which is usually 4 days per week.

Should I ignore the doctor and go to 48 hour fasts? Should I some how decrease food intake? Should I remove the mayo / mustard completely and just go with bland food? Should I give up the weights and just use the treadmill?

Here is my exact typical meal:

6-8 spears of asparagus
    2 chicken thighs cooked in pan with spoon of butter and spoon of olive oil and pepper
    1 inch cube of cheese

Another example of typical meal:

Large handful of fresh spinach leaves with pepper
    1 inch cube of cheese
    2 spoonfuls of caesar dressing
    2 chicken thighs

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No more 48-hour fasts or snake diets!

Read up on nutrition basics from the resources in this forum, there is a protein minimum as an example. Calculate your TDEE, dial in your calories and create a regular (or keto) deficit if you wish.

You'll last longer this way!
    Last edited by Tucane; 05-29-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100) decreebass is not very well liked. (-100)
    Your doc seems to have a good head on his shoulders if he agrees the keto diet is good.

Personally, I wouldn't ask strangers on a forum if you should go against your own doctor's advice lol! Or, you know, at least phrase it a little differently

Be sure you're not cutting calories too much. Your body will adapt to the new intake and you won't lose weight. Try eating keto still but at or above your TDEE for a couple weeks (and continue exercising). It sounds like you've jacked your metabolism all to hell and need to help/let it reset. Good luck! This is the first I've ever heard of a "snake diet" as well! Interesting.
    Lucky me swimming in my ability; dancing down on life with agility!

Stockyandlazy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    UPDATE:

Just wanted to do a public service announcement on this. So after a good year of heavy suffering and going to doctor after doctor trying to find out whats wrong. Tons of ultrasounds and xrays and stuff..... it ended up being crazy simple. Water. I needed more water.

And some how all these doctors and finally on the last one they suggested it.

What happened was I went from eating bad food and constantly drinking diet coke. After stopping bad food and fasting with pure water... when I went to normal food I was just never thirsty. So literally I just drink atleast a few liters of water a day and am totally fine.

I did some research as well and apparently a lot of people dont realize lack of water can lead to extreme abdominal pain and no other symptoms! Can also kill you.

Drink water! ))

fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fays12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Stockyandlazy View Post
    UPDATE:

Just wanted to do a public service announcement on this. So after a good year of heavy suffering and going to doctor after doctor trying to find out whats wrong. Tons of ultrasounds and xrays and stuff..... it ended up being crazy simple. Water. I needed more water.

And some how all these doctors and finally on the last one they suggested it.

What happened was I went from eating bad food and constantly drinking diet coke. After stopping bad food and fasting with pure water... when I went to normal food I was just never thirsty. So literally I just drink atleast a few liters of water a day and am totally fine.

I did some research as well and apparently a lot of people dont realize lack of water can lead to extreme abdominal pain and no other symptoms! Can also kill you.

Drink water! ))
    Thats great!

I do the exact same kind of fasting and I dont have issues! I even fasted for 21 days once! are you sure you did the snake diet correctly? like drinking over 2 liters of water with the right electrolytes? and eating small amounts on re feed day?