theanswer_24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theanswer_24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theanswer_24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theanswer_24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theanswer_24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theanswer_24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theanswer_24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theanswer_24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theanswer_24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theanswer_24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theanswer_24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to divide body parts up?

i am looking at changing up my routine a bit.. how would u suggest me split up the body parts in a 4 day a week lifting program.. i lift mon tues thurs fri. so i skip wednesday.. thanks!

DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is my four day split.

Moday: Chest
    Tues: Legs + Tris
    Wed: Rest/Cardio
    Thursday: Shoulders + Forearms
    Friday: Back + Bis
    Sat/Sun: Rest

mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Chest
    Back
    Legs
    Shoulders/Arms

Back
    Chest/Biceps
    Legs
    Shoulders/Triceps

liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    mon.- chest/tris
    tues.- back/bis
    wed. rest
    thurs.- shoulds/tris
    frid. legs
    My 5/3/1 progress can be found here.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142870321&p

Uncut LOG...check it out here!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152706323

{{**ORIGINAL DSC**}}

I lift one rep at a time.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by theanswer_24 View Post
    i am looking at changing up my routine a bit.. how would u suggest me split up the body parts in a 4 day a week lifting program.. i lift mon tues thurs fri. so i skip wednesday.. thanks!
    If those are the only days you can hit the gym, then I'd do this:

A push/pull/legs split because it is divided up according to function and hence it is the most logical way of doing things. The training would look like this:

Week 1
    Mon: Push
    Tue: Legs
    Thur: Pull
    Fri: Push

Week 2
    Mon: Legs
    Tue: Pull
    Thurs: Push
    Fri: Legs

And so forth....
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

BRB, Bulking Forever. ricohitman's Avatar
    ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ricohitman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by liftingson View Post
    mon.- chest/tris
    tues.- back/bis
    wed. rest
    thurs.- shoulds/tris
    frid. legs
    ^^This....or

Upper
    Lower
    Rest
    Upper
    Lower
    Rest
    Rest

^This.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Goals for 2014:
    Deadlift: 505x1
    Squat: 405x1
    Bench: 275x1
    Military Press: 175x1
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Live and die in the squat rack.

thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    As long as theyr'es enough recovery involved(taking days off,sleeping adequetely,enabling optimized recovery from proper nourishment),theyr'es little science involved.Pretty straight forward and basically something you can instinctively sense from within.

Lately,i've been generally cruising along and feeling quite satisfied with alternating heavier and lighter for specific muscles.

monday-Light chest & light triceps(pushups & bw tricep dips)
    tuesday-Light back & light biceps(bw pullups & 35-40 lb db curls)
    wednesday-Off
    thursday-Heavy chest & heavy tri's(Chest dips,One handed pushups,and weighted tri dips)
    friday-Off
    saturday-Heavy Back & biceps(Db Rows,one handed pullups,& 50-60 lb db curls
    sunday-off

Note:For myself,Legs are worked naturally through regular bicycling and recreational activity.

I used to try and use the bodybuilding approach to leg training but eventually realized that i simply do not consume enough calories or protein to enable big leg growth from big leg training.
    *Addicted to swimming during the summer crew.*
    *Despisement of 2nd hand smoke crew.*
    *Bring back the Commodore 64 crew.*
    *Create a new electric car/vehicle thats under 5 grand crew !*
    *I work very hard for very little pay crew. : ( *
    *I am just "Not Of" this stupid selfish world crew.*
    *I feel annoyed and disgusted of people pre-occupied with they're smart-phones crew. : / *
    *I grew up an Ultra Late Bloomer crew.*

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thor93 View Post
    Note:For myself,Legs are worked naturally through regular bicycling and recreational activity.
    Working wonders.

"Worrying about GI is a waste of time & energy." - Alan Aragon.

XERXES YGGDRASIL InclineDBPresss's Avatar
    InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by theanswer_24 View Post
    I like legs/abs, chest/bi, back/trap, shoulders/tri split ups and put smaller muscle groups where u want or use my idea.. Usually DL on back day but thats up to you..

I feel the usually upper/lower split isnt the way to go. Too much leg work not really enough upper body. This is how it worked out for me. Also, since you train lats with upper and then posterior chain with lower you might overtrain or limit gains in the low body.

Maybe this if you want 2x a week

M upper (staying away from low back usage)
    Tu lower
    Th chest/sh/tri
    Fr some legs (for example deadlift) + back/bi

These are some realizations i've come to recently
    My training log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143412923

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thor93 View Post
    I used to try and use the bodybuilding approach to leg training but eventually realized that i simply do not consume enough calories or protein to enable big leg growth from big leg training.
    That statement is so messed up for so many reasons:

1) Have you not considered increasing your calorie/protein intake?

2) If your calorie/protein intake is limited by financial factors, then how come you have decided that of all the muscle groups in your body, the one you're going to ignore is legs?

3) So what if you're not eating enough for big leg growth. You can still squat and gain some strength and size even if it is not big.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    That statement is so messed up for so many reasons:

1) Have you not considered increasing your calorie/protein intake?

2) If your calorie/protein intake is limited by financial factors, then how come you have decided that of all the muscle groups in your body, the one you're going to ignore is legs?

3) So what if you're not eating enough for big leg growth. You can still squat and gain some strength and size even if it is not big.
    Leg training is hard. It's hilarious the excuses people use.
    "Worrying about GI is a waste of time & energy." - Alan Aragon.