Registered User user5OQCXNXKODX's Avatar
    user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Legs two days in a row?!

A little over 6 feet and almost 160 pounds

I’m well trained at home but I wanted to gain more by doing more so I got into a gym and there I followed the trainer’s advice word for word but there was one thing I found troubling with it

He had me train:
    First day: chest back biceps
    2nd: Legs shoulders triceps
    3rd: chest back biceps
    4th: legs shoulders triceps

And told to me to start another program and star with training legs the 5th day which is yet to come
    I finished with legs, how does he want me to do more complex leg workouts the very next day?

I don’t want this interfering with my muscles since I’m there to gain mass.
    Thank you in advance

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What kind of numbers do you put up?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just run a "proven to work" novice program like fierce 5 or greyskull lp (assuming you're a novice)

i can tell it's a weird split even though i have no idea what kind of exercises it includes

user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user5OQCXNXKODX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    just run a "proven to work" novice program like fierce 5 or greyskull lp (assuming you're a novice)

i can tell it's a weird split even though i have no idea what kind of exercises it includes
    I think the beginning was supposed to be a general thing that works most muscles but I was surprised to see legs twice in a row.
    Also I wanna take advantage of someone else’s expertise while I’m there since I usually train alone

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by user5OQCXNXKODX View Post
    I was surprised to see legs twice in a row.
    Why the surprise? You currently train triceps and anterior delts 4 days/week, which necessarily involves consecutive days.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    What kind of numbers do you put up?
    You mean how heavy?
    Of course it varies so let’s stick with compound machines which are more general
    I would say
    120 pounds (total) chest press machines
    Hack squat 90-100 pounds

You mean how heavy?
    Of course it varies so let’s stick with compound machines which are more general
    I would say
    120 pounds (total) chest press machines
    Hack squat 90-100 pounds
    Don't want to rag too much but I wouldn't consider that well-trained.

Why the surprise? You currently train triceps and anterior delts 4 days/week, which necessarily involves consecutive days.
    You mean they’re better trained on consecutive days?
    That’s the surprise to me
    I thought rest was necessary in between days for hypertrophy.

Don't want to rag too much but I wouldn't consider that well-trained.
    No problem, I’m getting there
    Is he giving **** advise though? Lol
    I have no problem following what the trainer says

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can train muscles on consecutive days (or every day), but the volume must be managed appropriately. Your trainer's program with or without the 5th day looks crappy tbh, but can't say for sure without seeing the actual exercises, volume, intensity, etc. The body parts alone are not a program.

Given your comments and the info you didn't include about your trainer's program, along with your body stats, you may want to consider getting on a solid novice program even if you consider yourself well trained at home.

You mean they’re better trained on consecutive days?
    That’s the surprise to me
    I thought rest was necessary in between days for hypertrophy.
    I'm saying that you're already training certain muscles on consecutive days so it shouldn't be a new thing to you. There's nothing wrong with training on consecutive days if properly planned. That's not too day the trainer knows what he's doing. The devil's in the details.

I'm saying that you're already training certain muscles on consecutive days so it shouldn't be a new thing to you. There's nothing wrong with training on consecutive days if properly planned. That's not too day the trainer knows what he's doing. The devil's in the details.
    Thank you
    I’m as skeptical as you are about his initial program
    I may provide you now with the rest of the program he put me on since I see it became relevant throughout the exchange.

Chest tricep
    Back bicep
    Shoulder neck
    Legs
    Biceps.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You can train muscles on consecutive days (or every day), but the volume must be managed appropriately. Your trainer's program with or without the 5th day looks crappy tbh, but can't say for sure without seeing the actual exercises, volume, intensity, etc. The body parts alone are not a program.

Given your comments and the info you didn't include about your trainer's program, along with your body stats, you may want to consider getting on a solid novice program even if you consider yourself well trained at home.
    Thank you
    I may provide you now with the rest of the program he put me on since I see it became relevant.

Chest tricep
    Back bicep
    Shoulder neck
    Legs
    Biceps.

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thank you
    I may provide you now with the rest of the program he put me on since I see it became relevant.

Chest tricep
    Back bicep
    Shoulder neck
    Legs
    Biceps.
    That's not a program, those are body parts - as TolerantLactose said, the devil is in the details

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you

Chest tricep
    Back bicep
    Shoulder neck
    Legs
    Biceps.
    You paid someone to give you an entire day for your biceps? If this program followed the initial program wouldn't you start with chest/tris and not legs and probably the following week not day?
    You're not providing anything uselful by leaving out the exercises, sets, reps, progression etc but anyone giving a noobie(or just about anyone) a bicep day probably isn't worth giving any more money to.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover