Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1552
    2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tank2003 View Post
    Your right shoulder is rounded you say? Just an assumption but you must be right handed and you spend a LOT of time on your computer (right hand constantly on the mouse i'm guessing?) Shoulders rounded forward is VERY common these days with jobs becoming more and more sedentary and computer centered. We are constantly reaching for things in front of us but rarely pulling things toward us (so the chest and delts dont necessarily get stronger but the muscle fibers shorten in length and cause the rounded effect.

Assuming this is true, then its likely you just need to strengthen your upper back and that should fix your problem. But a physio or maybe a PT would need to take a look at you to say for sure that no fiber shortening hasnt occured for sure though

yellow pallor tongue can have a few different causes.
    -jaundice is one, but you'd see it in your eyes and/or nail beds before your tongue i'm sure.
    -geographic tongue. harmless inflammation of the tongue. looks like you have red islands usually on the sides near the back of the tongue
    -build up of dead/dying enlarged skin cells. in this case REALLy brush your tongue or get a tongue scraper. Not too sure why she mentioned eat meat though

Its good that you are back strength/endurance wise. No clue about everything else though. Did your doc say that it could take a long time to cognitively recover?
    that's... true I spent most of my time on the computer and I am right-handed. i'll try seeing a physical therapist... would a chiropractor be good too? rather just do the one trip.

she mentioned beef specifically because it has iron? i think i can't remember what she said. she said beef is better than chicken because of a nutrient, i think it was iron. she said it would help my tongue become less pale.

yeah... my doctor thinks it's going to be at least several months. there's no telling how long though. hoping for the best... i read the average concussion recovery times are either 42 days or 102 days or something like that. so i've still got 4 weeks left. but lol i'm pretty damn sure i'm not going to recover in another month...

i've got INSANE visual problems. memory problems, sleep problems... it's been hell man. the gym is literally the only thing that makes me feel again.
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.

N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi tank2003's Avatar
    tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 2RDEYE View Post
    that's... true I spent most of my time on the computer and I am right-handed. i'll try seeing a physical therapist... would a chiropractor be good too? rather just do the one trip.

she mentioned beef specifically because it has iron? i think i can't remember what she said. she said beef is better than chicken because of a nutrient, i think it was iron. she said it would help my tongue become less pale.

yeah... my doctor thinks it's going to be at least several months. there's no telling how long though. hoping for the best... i read the average concussion recovery times are either 42 days or 102 days or something like that. so i've still got 4 weeks left. but lol i'm pretty damn sure i'm not going to recover in another month...

i've got INSANE visual problems. memory problems, sleep problems... it's been hell man. the gym is literally the only thing that makes me feel again.
    beef for the iron was a thought but i dont know that low iron and yellow tongue pallor are connected.

also, a single visit to a chiro wont fix your shoulder. Its going to take multiple visits, depending on the cause of the issue also
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    -Dr. Jordan Peterson Sept 2017
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok brah I have been to doctors and basically let us see if you can help.

Herniated cervical disc, C6 left side. They say basically I have to live with the pain cause the tingling in my hands are not worth the surgery...constant pain but manageble with stretching but cannot sit for long periods of time.

Hamstring tear, I try rest, I haven't done legs in about 12 weeks now (just light) but it keeps re-tearing (been like this for about 1 year now). I am lost for words, I am trying stretching, bands, warm-ups, and been doing crossfit strangely enough has help. I am stable now but I am really scared to go above two plates as that was the last tear that happened. Strange thing is that it is in different sides of the leg and last one was in the qaud...

Help...pls
    1Rep Max

Deadlift 463 lbs / 210 kg
    Bench 364 lbs / 165 kg
    Squat 419 lbs / 190 kg

5'10" 196lbs

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How many water molecules are required to break down one molecule of triglyceride?

tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FPS75 View Post
    Ok brah I have been to doctors and basically let us see if you can help.

Herniated cervical disc, C6 left side. They say basically I have to live with the pain cause the tingling in my hands are not worth the surgery...constant pain but manageble with stretching but cannot sit for long periods of time.

Hamstring tear, I try rest, I haven't done legs in about 12 weeks now (just light) but it keeps re-tearing (been like this for about 1 year now). I am lost for words, I am trying stretching, bands, warm-ups, and been doing crossfit strangely enough has help. I am stable now but I am really scared to go above two plates as that was the last tear that happened. Strange thing is that it is in different sides of the leg and last one was in the qaud...

Help...pls
    What kind of doctors have you seen? Have you seen a physical/physiotherap[ist? Or how about a chiropractor? I would wager that a PT/chiro is your best bet because your problem possibly is due to a structural/muscle related issue. A lot of times in the neck, tight muscle can pull the neck wayyyyy out of alignment. So can sleeping with the wrong pillow, too many pillows, th wrong kind of matress. Muscle fibers can even shorten and cause TONS of havoc

How do you know you have a ham tear? Did a Dr Dx it for you? It doesnt make much since that you rested for 3 months and it didnt heal (at least for the most part).

Originally Posted by andy0w View Post
    How many water molecules are required to break down one molecule of triglyceride?
    Dont know. This doesnt at all fit in with the point of the thread
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What kind of doctors have you seen? Have you seen a physical/physiotherap[ist? Or how about a chiropractor? I would wager that a PT/chiro is your best bet because your problem possibly is due to a structural/muscle related issue. A lot of times in the neck, tight muscle can pull the neck wayyyyy out of alignment. So can sleeping with the wrong pillow, too many pillows, th wrong kind of matress. Muscle fibers can even shorten and cause TONS of havoc

How do you know you have a ham tear? Did a Dr Dx it for you? It doesn't make much since that you rested for 3 months and it didn't heal (at least for the most part).
    Thanks for the reply, I went for a MRI and the herniated disc was confirmed and then went to a physio who shows me some stretches and basically stretched my neck out every time. It didn't help at all (granted I haven't done the exercises she prescribed as much as I should, basically making your neck like a pigeon when it walks and using a band whilst doing it. Neck muscle strengthening exercises).

Hamstring was definitely a tear since I heard the pop going down, went to an sports physician who looked at me and said I have no imbalances but I have no ligaments on my right lateral foot, he prescribed a ankle brace which I wore but it sucks so much I cannot use it and had a subsequent pop whilst using it, so I said fk that.

No we are were we are.
    1Rep Max

Deadlift 463 lbs / 210 kg
    Bench 364 lbs / 165 kg
    Squat 419 lbs / 190 kg

5'10" 196lbs

2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

How do you know you have a ham tear? Did a Dr Dx it for you? It doesnt make much since that you rested for 3 months and it didnt heal (at least for the most part).
    i don't have the credibility in saying this tank but i think chiropractor should never be recommended. i went to one for my neck and it seems to have made it really annoyingly achy sore. it seems to be more flexible, but one of the worst decisions i've made in my life. but the fact that i'm dealing with tbi, migraines, depression, and anxiety, probably makes it 10,000% worse.

went to one because all my brain injured buddies in my tbi support group are going to one, they said it helps a lot, and i thought it'd help me as well, but now i've got this annoying achy soreness.
    Last edited by 2RDEYE; 09-13-2019 at 08:58 AM.

i don't have the credibility in saying this tank but i think chiropractor should never be recommended. i went to one for my neck and it seems to have made it really annoyingly achy sore. it seems to be more flexible, but one of the worst decisions i've made in my life. but the fact that i'm dealing with tbi, migraines, depression, and anxiety, probably makes it 10,000% worse.

went to one because all my brain injured buddies in my tbi support group are going to one, they said it helps a lot, and i thought it'd help me as well, but now i've got this annoying achy soreness.
    that's cool. Chiro's arent actually doctors and its fine with me to have a healthy concern over them. The thing about adjustments are, especially in your hip and upper back, they are literally and physically moving your bones and joints through the thick muscles where they have been for (in some cases) decades. Often times, there is scar tissue, bone spurs and fibrotic projections that are in the way that have to get broken up and will make you hella sore. In my experience, the more muscular you are, and the more adjustments you need, the more sore you will be ESPECIALLY after your first adjustment. Also, its always recommended that you finish your treatment plan and not attend one or two appointments and then quit. at the very least, tell your chiro about how you feel and if you are thinking about not continuing. He/she can probably ease your anxiousness about the visits. But if they seem like they arent taking no for an answer then i'd def leave and find another.

I'm not trying persuade you to do something against your better judgement or anything but I will say that I have seen a chiro almost all my life (with the exception of the past 6 years. Chitty insurance). It helped me growing up with asthma and I REALLY wish i kept going to my chiro when I started having disk problem. She probably could have helped me rehab my disc and not have had to have surgery.

That being said, there are risks to chiro care. Here is what the Mayo Clinic says:
    Chiropractic adjustment is safe when it's performed by someone trained and licensed to deliver chiropractic care. Serious complications associated with chiropractic adjustment are overall rare, but may include:

A herniated disk or a worsening of an existing disk herniation
    Compression of nerves in the lower spinal column (cauda equina syndrome)
    A certain type of stroke (vertebral artery dissection) after neck manipulation
    Don't seek chiropractic adjustment if you have:

Severe osteoporosis
    Numbness, tingling or loss of strength in an arm or leg
    Cancer in your spine
    An increased risk of stroke
    A known bone abnormality in the upper neck

After the procedure
    Some people experience minor side effects for a few days after chiropractic adjustment. These may include headache, fatigue or pain in the parts of the body that were treated.

Results
    Chiropractic adjustment can be effective in treating low back pain, although much of the research done shows only a modest benefit — similar to the results of more conventional treatments. Some studies suggest that spinal manipulation also may be effective for headaches and other spine-related conditions, such as neck pain.

Not everyone responds to chiropractic adjustments. A lot depends on your particular situation. If your symptoms don't begin to improve after several weeks of treatments, chiropractic adjustment might not be the best option for you.
    Personally, i think you should give it a shot, but DEFINITELY only do it if you get the clearance from a QUALIFIED neuro. So far, it seems like you've seen amateurs. But if you see a GOOD chiro, they'll know when and when not to do any adjustments

edit: i forgot to add this video

Last edited by tank2003; 09-13-2019 at 05:53 PM.

that's cool. Chiro's arent actually doctors and its fine with me to have a healthy concern over them. The thing about adjustments are, especially in your hip and upper back, they are literally and physically moving your bones and joints through the thick muscles where they have been for (in some cases) decades. Often times, there is scar tissue, bone spurs and fibrotic projections that are in the way that have to get broken up and will make you hella sore. In my experience, the more muscular you are, and the more adjustments you need, the more sore you will be ESPECIALLY after your first adjustment. Also, its always recommended that you finish your treatment plan and not attend one or two appointments and then quit. at the very least, tell your chiro about how you feel and if you are thinking about not continuing. He/she can probably ease your anxiousness about the visits. But if they seem like they arent taking no for an answer then i'd def leave and find another.

I'm not trying persuade you to do something against your better judgement or anything but I will say that I have seen a chiro almost all my life (with the exception of the past 6 years. Chitty insurance). It helped me growing up with asthma and I REALLY wish i kept going to my chiro when I started having disk problem. She probably could have helped me rehab my disc and not have had to have surgery.

That being said, there are risks to chiro care. Here is what the Mayo Clinic says:

Personally, i think you should give it a shot, but DEFINITELY only do it if you get the clearance from a QUALIFIED neuro. So far, it seems like you've seen amateurs. But if you see a GOOD chiro, they'll know when and when not to do any adjustments

edit: i forgot to add this video
    I think it's just my anxiety lol. I specifically went to one of the top 3 rated chiropractors in the city, 42 5 star google reviews, 24 years of experience, maybe i wasn't really sure of how it would work. i wasn't expecting to be sore. my tbi buddies say it's normal to be sore, but the soreness has been a week so far, they also tell me that's normal. yeah they basically told me the same thing you told me lol.

literally like all of them are doing chiropractors. my tbi support group. which is reassuring, it's also reassuring for you to tell me that you've done it too.

the soreness and achyness has just been such a bother ON TOP of the insane tbi symptoms. but one of the guys in my tbi group says he's been sore for a week as well. which is reassuring.
    Last edited by 2RDEYE; 09-13-2019 at 10:14 PM.

I think it's just my anxiety lol. I specifically went to one of the top 3 rated chiropractors in the city, 42 5 star google reviews, 24 years of experience, maybe i wasn't really sure of how it would work. i wasn't expecting to be sore. my tbi buddies say it's normal to be sore, but the soreness has been a week so far, they also tell me that's normal. yeah they basically told me the same thing you told me lol.

literally like all of them are doing chiropractors. my tbi support group. which is reassuring, it's also reassuring for you to tell me that you've done it too.

the soreness and achyness has just been such a bother ON TOP of the insane tbi symptoms. but one of the guys in my tbi group says he's been sore for a week as well. which is reassuring.
    well, like i said, YOU are the one who should ultimately decide whether to go or not. However, if i were you, i'd go back to one of those chiros, and before any adjustments are made, spill your guts on how you feel and let him/her ease your mind. But if they seem like they are pressuring you, walk the fuk away and do they same with the next one.

Also, i know ive referenced athlean x a chit ton of times on the isc and in here, but i just found out that jessie, the guy he features in a lot of his videos, is a post concussive patient. Maybe following him can get you some more info https://www.instagram.com/p/BvkiyNJFdJs/

bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    (You have probably been asked this several times. Sorry if thats the case link me to the page in your thread. )

What is your take on muscle recovery for both strength and growth.
    I have always thought 48hrs was the minimum rest period for growth.. yet training programs like smolov squat can have you squatting several days in a row. And boast 100lb increase in lift. i'm not keen on starting a program like this for fear of injury. But i supposed with proper dynamic stretching and warm up, form, ect. Should be able to avoid injury.

In your opinion is it in ones interest to train a single muscle group 2 days in a row. What are the pros/cons.

Originally Posted by bea5twood View Post
    (You have probably been asked this several times. Sorry if thats the case link me to the page in your thread. )

What is your take on muscle recovery for both strength and growth.
    I have always thought 48hrs was the minimum rest period for growth.. yet training programs like smolov squat can have you squatting several days in a row. And boast 100lb increase in lift. i'm not keen on starting a program like this for fear of injury. But i supposed with proper dynamic stretching and warm up, form, ect. Should be able to avoid injury.

In your opinion is it in ones interest to train a single muscle group 2 days in a row. What are the pros/cons.
    The common consensus is that if soreness carries into the 2nd day of training the same muscle group, then the likelihood of injury/overtraining/etc is increased. If you dont do this often then I cant imagine it would be a HUGE deal, but still not ideal, ESPECIALLY if you train with high intensity each session.

Personally, i'm a little weary of training the same muscle group 2 days in a row I'm not sure there is a lot of studies that really look into and analyze the results. I could be wrong though. I would imagine that if you wanted to at least try it, you'd need to start easy and work your way up in intensity as well as make sure you are staying very well hydrated and fed. Those are about the only tips I can think of at the moment to ensure risks are minimized. Oh, also, save your stretching for AFTER your workouts. Stretching can reduce power and strength output. Warm ups are much better. Its also ok to do ROM exercises to though.

I'm not familiar with smolov because i've never done it so i cant really comment on it. I do know that the russians cleaned fukking house when the technique was put into wide spread use though

bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The common consensus is that if soreness carries into the 2nd day of training the same muscle group, then the likelihood of injury/overtraining/etc is increased. If you dont do this often then I cant imagine it would be a HUGE deal, but still not ideal, ESPECIALLY if you train with high intensity each session.

Personally, i'm a little weary of training the same muscle group 2 days in a row I'm not sure there is a lot of studies that really look into and analyze the results. I could be wrong though. I would imagine that if you wanted to at least try it, you'd need to start easy and work your way up in intensity as well as make sure you are staying very well hydrated and fed. Those are about the only tips I can think of at the moment to ensure risks are minimized. Oh, also, save your stretching for AFTER your workouts. Stretching can reduce power and strength output. Warm ups are much better. Its also ok to do ROM exercises to though.

I'm not familiar with smolov because i've never done it so i cant really comment on it. I do know that the russians cleaned fukking house when the technique was put into wide spread use though
    Most of what i have read online I'm not really sure the qualifications of the person or persons writing the articles. Because it isn't cited for some reason and i don't know the source company releasing the article to be reputable.so i can't assume the statements are factual

i'm not a professional athelete and i'm not really aiming for a huge temporary strength gain for no reason than to brag to myself. So training without rest just doesn't make sense to me. I do want to obviously increase the weights i'm lifting.. but like you said i'm also weary of training one muscle group consecutive days. I do train high intensity and high volume but i'm always changing and adapting to various methods of training to improve where i'm at.

I was actually curious because i posted in another thread where a pt had a beginner train glutes 5×15 hip thrusts consecutive days.. just seemed strange even though she's a beginner and probably lifting lighter weights and you see a lot of girls in the gym training only for that booty. But i'm thinking training consecutive days would be counterproductive for growth. My thinking has always been to allow 48 hours before training the same muscle again. Because the growth happens during periods of rest not while actually training right? Someone who i guess is a pt chimed in and said basically ignore me and train consecutive days is fine so now i'm confused thinking maybe i'm not pushing myself hard enough.

Originally Posted by bea5twood View Post
    Most of what i have read online I'm not really sure the qualifications of the person or persons writing the articles. Because it isn't cited for some reason and i don't know the source company releasing the article to be reputable.so i can't assume the statements are factual

i'm not a professional athlete and i'm not really aiming for a huge temporary strength gain for no reason than to brag to myself. So training without rest just doesn't make sense to me. I do want to obviously increase the weights i'm lifting.. but like you said i'm also weary of training one muscle group consecutive days. I do train high intensity and high volume but i'm always changing and adapting to various methods of training to improve where i'm at.

I was actually curious because i posted in another thread where a pt had a beginner train glutes 5×15 hip thrusts consecutive days.. just seemed strange even though she's a beginner and probably lifting lighter weights and you see a lot of girls in the gym training only for that booty. But i'm thinking training consecutive days would be counterproductive for growth. My thinking has always been to allow 48 hours before training the same muscle again. Because the growth happens during periods of rest not while actually training right? Someone who i guess is a pt chimed in and said basically ignore me and train consecutive days is fine so now i'm confused thinking maybe i'm not pushing myself hard enough.
    only YOU can really know if you are pushing yourself hard enough. That being said:
    1. You wont know if you are pushing yourself TOO hard unless you are constantly testing your limits
    2. I learned a chit ton of things in the army and one thing that stands out is that you will surprise the absolute CHIT out of yourself with what you can make yourself do when you 1.) Really want it 2.) Say fuk it and go for it (but still place personal safety as a high priority. Educating yourself on what you are doing is paramount. Never stop learning and educating yourself)

I say give it a shot and try it out for a month or so See how it feels. If its not for you then its not for you. Move on to the next thing that catches your eye

I did find this Case Study (though its not a REAL case study) but the guy has a BS and a MS in exercise phys)

only YOU can really know if you are pushing yourself hard enough. That being said:
    1. You wont know if you are pushing yourself TOO hard unless you are constantly testing your limits
    2. I learned a chit ton of things in the army and one thing that stands out is that you will surprise the absolute CHIT out of yourself with what you can make yourself do when you 1.) Really want it 2.) Say fuk it and go for it (but still place personal safety as a high priority. Educating yourself on what you are doing is paramount. Never stop learning and educating yourself)

I say give it a shot and try it out for a month or so See how it feels. If its not for you then its not for you. Move on to the next thing that catches your eye

I did find this Case Study (though its not a REAL case study) but the guy has a BS and a MS in exercise phys)
    I read through that.. even with the "do your worst" training regimen still was mon. Wed. Fri. I'm actually already training legs mon. Wed. Fri. But i will put the focus on squats all 3 days for a cpl months and see where that takes me as far as prs. thanks for the advice. Much appreciated

hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How important is hydration for your muscles?

Originally Posted by hidingwithmusic View Post
    How important is hydration for your muscles?
    do you like not cramping up, being able to sweat to cool yourself and not succumbing to heat stroke?
    Last edited by tank2003; 10-06-2019 at 06:34 PM.

tank help me with my sports nutrition homework please lol

need help with #4. the answer should be he's not eating enough carbohydrates right

tank help me with my sports nutrition homework please lol

need help with #4. the answer should be he's not eating enough carbohydrates right
    Well, nutrition is my weak spot but my guess is:
    4A. Sugar
    4B. Sugar (coffee), Pepsi, Jerky/Tortilla/Dressing/Granola (all have added sugar in them if you dont make them yourself), Sourdough bread too. Its just all purpose flour, no whole grains or anything

5. 1 package of beef jerky (because of the sugar and preservatives), 2 eggs instead of 3 (depending on his LBM), Substituting whole grain bread for sourdough, Replacing sugar free drinks with the pepsi (or just water), switch the granola bar and banana time with the beef jerky time (the oats in the granola bar would probably suit him much better for a 1.5 hour conditioning session)

Well, nutrition is my weak spot but my guess is:
    4A. Sugar
    4B. Sugar (coffee), Pepsi, Jerky/Tortilla/Dressing/Granola (all have added sugar in them if you dont make them yourself), Sourdough bread too. Its just all purpose flour, no whole grains or anything

5. 1 package of beef jerky (because of the sugar and preservatives), 2 eggs instead of 3 (depending on his LBM), Substituting whole grain bread for sourdough, Replacing sugar free drinks with the pepsi (or just water), switch the granola bar and banana time with the beef jerky time (the oats in the granola bar would probably suit him much better for a 1.5 hour conditioning session)
    **** thanks a lot lol. i seriously would have never thought of that.

this assignment is worth 15% of my final grade

**** thanks a lot lol. i seriously would have never thought of that.

this assignment is worth 15% of my final grade
    Well, get a 2nd opinion if you can. Like i said, nutrition isnt my forte'

Edit: ignore the 2 eggs instead of 3. I think question 5 is geared more toward your answer on #4 so eggs woudnt have anything to do with it

Whatever I think it's gonna be some ****ed up answer lol. It's a stupid question...

tank how to get biceps. idk why i don't have ****ing biceps maybe i lost it all during my rest. i do hammer curls and regular curls 2x a week. 10x5

there are people smaller than me with massive biceps

tank how to get biceps. idk why i don't have ****ing biceps maybe i lost it all during my rest. i do hammer curls and regular curls 2x a week. 10x5

there are people smaller than me with massive biceps
    biceps are 1/3 of your upper arm and triceps make up the other 2/3rds. Most people neglect their triceps in order to work the biceps because its a vanity muscle and they probably just dont understand exercise physiology.

With both the biceps AND triceps, they each have a long head which crosses the shoulder and elbow, which makes it a little tricky to train sometimes. In all exercises, not just in bi/trieps, to get the most efficient/forceful contraction, you start by lacing the muscle(s) and joint(s) on a full stretch (or as stretched as you can manage. some people just dont have as much ROM as others but its something you can work on in most cases). Then you go through the full ROM with a full squeeze (this is very simplified because each join may require a specific set of instructions
    -To adequately work the long head of the triceps, you need to incorporate OVERHEAD movements (i.e. overhead extensions, french curls, skull crushers ect)
    -When it comes to the biceps, there are a few factors. You already mentioned hammer curls (which target the brachialis muscle. sits under the biceps and pushes them up and out. I do both DB and cable hammer curls). Another thing to remember is the long head of the biceps. Its the "outter" portion of the bicep peak. The bicep muscle itself is divided right down the middle, the long head is the muscle on the outside and the short head is on the inside. The long head is what gives you the peak and is harder to work. To target the peak, you had to do things like preacher curls. Here, i'll just link some videos

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What is the best training frequency? 2x per week? 3x per week? 5x per week? 8x per week?
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    What is the best training frequency? 2x per week? 3x per week? 5x per week? 8x per week?
    Depends on your:
    1. intensity in each session (which pretty much boils down to your use of time under tension and use of efficient exercises)
    2. how fast your body recovers (which is effected by your nutrition choices (how many kcals you are taking in vs burning and whether you are taking in nutrient dense kcals or just calorie dense kcals)
    3. if you are getting an adequate amount of rest each night

If you are getting enough sleep, meeting your macro needs and each muscle group has recovered by the time you plan on working them out again, then, multiple times per week should be just fine. However, twice per week is probably a good maximum goal. If you were to work them out say, 4 times per week (going ot the gym multiple times per day, then you should limit this cycle to ONLY about 2 weeks at the most and then give yourself at least a week off to fully recover. You'll DEFINITELY overtrain if your muscle group frequency adds up to more than 2 times per week

for bi's is there a point to doing heavy weight? like 4-6 reps

for bi's is there a point to doing heavy weight? like 4-6 reps
    strength. Low reps and high weight is always for strength. hypertrophy is more directly related to time under tension though. Slow your reps down and try to make your sets last at least 45 seconds to maximize the benefits of time under tension

can i just inject muscle into my left bicep it looks like i have never even worked my left arm lol

can i just inject muscle into my left bicep it looks like i have never even worked my left arm lol
    if by inject you mean cell tech then of course