Realman10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Intermittent fasting question? Calories?

Hi,

I have some questions about intermittent fasting and the amount of calories I should eat.

I am a man, 1m80cm, 90 kg.

I started intermittent fasting a few weeks ago, I eat between 12 pm and 8 pm.

I want to lose 8 kg pretty quickly and maintain my muscles as much as possible.

I workout 4 times a week. 1 session is 90 minutes:first part is 45 minute weight lifting session and second part is 45 minute walking uphill. I burn around 300-600 calories per session.

I need 2'000 calories to stay at my current weight. So I thought about cutting the calories by 20% to lose weight.

So I aim for 1'600 calories. (160-180 grams of proteins and 150 grams of carbs per day)

1) I am aiming for 1'600 calories to lose weight. For the days I workout, should I add the calories I burnt? for example, add 1'600 calories to 500 and eat 2'100 calories the days I workout? I am afraid that if I eat only 1'600 calories the days I workout, I'd be very very hungry (but it's maybe a limiting belief). What do you think?

2) To preserve muscles, I am eating 2 grams of proteins for 1 kg of my weight, so 160-180 grams. Regarding the carbs, is 150g ok? too much? too little?
    I am having the rest of my calories with healthy fats ( salmon, avocado, nuts, etc). What do you think about the amount of carbs I am eating?

3) I eat 3 times during my intermittent fasting window.
    12pm: meal 1: carbs, fats + protein + vegetables
    3pm: snack: protein + fat
    7pm: protein + fats + carbs + vegetables
    What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    a lot to unpack here so i'll leave the rest to someone else, but here are a few things:

- IF is purely preference, you don't need to do it if you'd rather eat "normally"
    - it's extremely unlikely your maintenance is 2000 calories @ 180 cm/90 kg
    - if i recall correctly, intermittent fasting isn't optimal for muscle preservation (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

Realman10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    a lot to unpack here so i'll leave the rest to someone else, but here are a few things:

- IF is purely preference, you don't need to do it if you'd rather eat "normally"
    - it's extremely unlikely your maintenance is 2000 calories @ 180 cm/90 kg
    - if i recall correctly, intermittent fasting isn't optimal for muscle preservation (someone correct me if i'm wrong)
    Thanks for the answer! I had used the app myfitnesspal app to calculate it and from what I am seeing now, I had made mistake.
    I've used the myftiness pal calculator and my BMR is 2'780 calories per day.
    Thanks for pointing that out!!!
    So should I aim for 80% of that using intermittent fasting? SHould I add the calories of my workouts? For example: 80% of 2'780 is 2'200. Then I add the calories of my workout?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're massively overcomplicating things...

You don't NEED to intermittent fast... it won't in and of itself cause more fat loss or muscle gain

You don't need to worry about 80% adjustments to calories or weird formulas

Pick a reasonable calorie number, eat that for a couple weeks, and monitor your weight loss progress... make adjustments based on the scale.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    You're massively overcomplicating things...

You don't NEED to intermittent fast... it won't in and of itself cause more fat loss or muscle gain

You don't need to worry about 80% adjustments to calories or weird formulas

Pick a reasonable calorie number, eat that for a couple weeks, and monitor your weight loss progress... make adjustments based on the scale.
    I second this

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Realman10 View Post
    Hi,

I have some questions about intermittent fasting and the amount of calories I should eat.

I am a man, 1m80cm, 90 kg.

I started intermittent fasting a few weeks ago, I eat between 12 pm and 8 pm.

I want to lose 8 kg pretty quickly and maintain my muscles as much as possible.

I workout 4 times a week. 1 session is 90 minutes:first part is 45 minute weight lifting session and second part is 45 minute walking uphill. I burn around 300-600 calories per session.

I need 2'000 calories to stay at my current weight. So I thought about cutting the calories by 20% to lose weight.

So I aim for 1'600 calories. (160-180 grams of proteins and 150 grams of carbs per day)

1) I am aiming for 1'600 calories to lose weight. For the days I workout, should I add the calories I burnt? for example, add 1'600 calories to 500 and eat 2'100 calories the days I workout? I am afraid that if I eat only 1'600 calories the days I workout, I'd be very very hungry (but it's maybe a limiting belief). What do you think?

2) To preserve muscles, I am eating 2 grams of proteins for 1 kg of my weight, so 160-180 grams. Regarding the carbs, is 150g ok? too much? too little?
    I am having the rest of my calories with healthy fats ( salmon, avocado, nuts, etc). What do you think about the amount of carbs I am eating?

3) I eat 3 times during my intermittent fasting window.
    12pm: meal 1: carbs, fats + protein + vegetables
    3pm: snack: protein + fat
    7pm: protein + fats + carbs + vegetables
    What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
    Read the stickies please.