Thread: Rate program

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Rate program

Welp, forum is kinda dead again, so for your viewing entertainment, my program. Run 4 days in a row. Hence the low volume, decent frequency and high intensity. Starts on Friday which is a half day at work, then ends on Monday since I’m off Saturday-Monday. Each work set is taken to with 1-2 reps of failure.

Warm up to a working weight then….
    * heavy set of 6-10

**heavy set 6-10 (10-12 for quads) then a back off set of 10-12 (15-20 for quads)

Upper 1
    Hammer chest press **
    Upright row **
    Seated French press **
    Chin grip lat pulldowns **
    Trap bar deadlifts **

Lower+elbow flexors 1
    Incline curls **
    Cable hammer curls with rope *
    Standing calf raises *
    Seated leg curls **
    Leg press **

Upper 2
    Pec deck **
    Machine shoulder press **
    Seated dips **
    Wide Pronated grip lat pulldown **
    T-bar row **

Lower+ elbow flexors 2
    EZ bar curls **
    Zottman curls *
    Calf presses *
    Leg extensions ** (I used to do hacks but it was too much fatigue and got in the way of doing my day job)
    Loaded back extensions (head tucked to keep the focus on hamstrings/glutes) **
    Last edited by BeginnerGainz; 08-30-2021 at 08:34 AM.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It’s basically what Jordan peters and his athletes do and he was he massively influenced by DC training and Dorian yates, so it’ll obviously work.

Granted you have less overall exercises but the spirit is there so if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Jeff alberts is pretty much back to doing a similar style of training too.

His training is pretty much a masterclass of minimalism and getting everything you can from a set.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like that curls are on lower days..
    As a long time atm neglector.. I need more work for them* not specifically because they are arbitrarily on a lower day, just the much increased volume & freq

I actually program curls in a gpp/spe fashion and do them whenever I want to and throw them in whenever after main work.. if they feel ready, which is pretty frequently.

The exercise selection isn't my taste at all, but for hyp there is an enormous catalogue of lifts that work as well as any other and it's about flavour.

If I'm reading it right? 2 sets isn't gonna be enough for me. Usually takes me 3 or 4 to ty find my days working weight... Depends how ramps are planned.

But it's super low volume even given the moderate frequency for most people

(*and no, just compounds only isn't enough for a lot of people, especially bigger ribcage crew)

my rating
    My rating doesn't matter, if you're jamming with this and making progress.. It's exactly the right setup for you now.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    I like that curls are on lower days..
    As a long time atm neglector.. I need more work for them* not specifically because they are arbitrarily on a lower day, just the much increased volume & freq

I actually program curls in a gpp/spe fashion and do them whenever I want to and throw them in whenever after main work.. if they feel ready, which is pretty frequently.

The exercise selection isn't my taste at all, but for hyp there is an enormous catalogue of lifts that work as well as any other and it's about flavour.

If I'm reading it right? 2 sets isn't gonna be enough for me. Usually takes me 3 or 4 to ty find my days working weight... Depends how ramps are planned.

But it's super low volume even given the moderate frequency for most people

(*and no, just compounds only isn't enough for a lot of people, especially bigger ribcage crew)

my rating
    My rating doesn't matter, if you're jamming with this and making progress.. It's exactly the right setup for you now.
    I just listed what I do for the work sets, I still warm up to a working weight first. Generally I do 1-4 ramps of no more than 3-6 reps.

I find I’ve been advancing quickly in weights and reps that way.

When I stall on one exercise, I swap it with another and climb the strength ladder all over again.
    Last edited by BeginnerGainz; 08-30-2021 at 08:41 AM.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you had a bunch of hair on your back you'd look like a full grown gorilla.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    If you had a bunch of hair on your back you'd look like a full grown gorilla.
    Thanks Paul, I’m getting there.

-Sir Isaac Newton

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Thanks Paul, I’m getting there.
    Yeah, admiring lat width in particular.

Never had a problem with thickness myself but the width has always been a bit wanting.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Backs are easy to grow...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CTYHCujI...dium=copy_link

95% built with deads, pendlays and Facepulls.
    And I have Almost zero ****s to give about size or aesthetics or it would be much bigger. Minimal effort unless it's a bottle neck for my total

Did the odd set of pulldowns or chins but never really trained them hard. Did shrugs for 3 weeks a while back and my traps looks ridiculous, but got bored of finding enough plates to load.

Always makes me wonder just how uncoordinated people who can't grow a back are..
    FMH crew - Couch.

Backs are easy to grow...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CTYHCujI...dium=copy_link

95% build with deads, pendlays and Facepulls.

Did the odd set of pulldowns or chins but never really trained them hard. Did shrugs for 3 weeks a while back and my traps looks ridiculous, but got bored of finding enough plates to load 😂
    Conventional deadlifts never did chit for my back other than my lower back. But then again my form, isn’t chit either. Never liked sumo, at all. Trap bar deadlifts leave my upper back fried, probably from the upper arms being out to the side and the slightly more upright position I take? The starting position (at least mine) looks pretty similar to a snatch grip deadlift to me. Especially when I look at videos I have the wife take.

Pendlays also never did anything for me. They are just an awkward move. I’ve started using either wide grip seated cable rows for the mid traps, and I find they work my upper traps really well to boot. I couple that with some leaning chin grip pulldowns (driving the elbow down as far as possible, not back like most people in the gym)

On my other upper day, I use the seated cable row with 2 handles (because the V grip handle is utter garbage) and get some eccentric/concentric spinal erector in, and focus on the lats by keeping the arms tucked close and again trying to drive the elbow down. Couple those with Pronated lat pulldowns, just outside shoulder width for the upper back.

That and a few other things I do for back…like today some jersey shore looking dweeb was cruising Instagram between his seemingly dozens of sets of awful cable rows. So I did barbell rows, Dorian deadlifts and conventional deadlifts and none of them come close to chest supported row or cable row variations for me.

-Sir Isaac Newton

Changing up some of my exercises since I’m getting a little bored. Gonna warm up lower bodies with a top high rep set of adductions, abductions and leg extensions.

Upper 1
    Hammer chest press
    DB lateral raises
    Seated French press
    Chin grip lat pulldowns
    Wide Pronated seated cable row

Lower 1
    Incline curls
    Cable rope hammer curls
    Standing calf raises
    Seated leg curls
    Hack squats

Upper 2
    Seated DB press
    Pec deck
    Seated dips
    Neutral grip seated cable row
    Pronated wide-ish grip lat pulldowns

Lower 2
    EZ bar curls
    Zottman curls
    Calf press
    Poliquin leg press
    Loaded back extensions

-Sir Isaac Newton

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Conventional deadlifts never did chit for my back other than my lower back. But then again my form, isn’t chit either. Never liked sumo, at all. Trap bar deadlifts leave my upper back fried, probably from the upper arms being out to the side and the slightly more upright position I take? The starting position (at least mine) looks pretty similar to a snatch grip deadlift to me. Especially when I look at videos I have the wife take.

Pendlays also never did anything for me. They are just an awkward move. I’ve started using either wide grip seated cable rows for the mid traps, and I find they work my upper traps really well to boot. I couple that with some leaning chin grip pulldowns (driving the elbow down as far as possible, not back like most people in the gym)

On my other upper day, I use the seated cable row with 2 handles (because the V grip handle is utter garbage) and get some eccentric/concentric spinal erector in, and focus on the lats by keeping the arms tucked close and again trying to drive the elbow down. Couple those with Pronated lat pulldowns, just outside shoulder width for the upper back.

That and a few other things I do for back…like today some jersey shore looking dweeb was cruising Instagram between his seemingly dozens of sets of awful cable rows. So I did barbell rows, Dorian deadlifts and conventional deadlifts and none of them come close to chest supported row or cable row variations for me.
    I certainly do a lot more stuff now... Work has sick new machines. So I just jump on whatever a feel like for a few sets now 😂
    but pendlays & 'facepulls' absolutely blew my back up,

Pendlays, I used a lot of heavy triples and a lot of high set/low rest triples, kinda like clusters. Never liked them for high reps, never liked ANY explosive movement for high reps.

Facepulls and pullaparts I lump in together as previously discussed, angle of pull always varied, touch point always varied, arm angle always varied and resistance curves and tempos always changed.

My fave deadlift is and always was the wide grip stiffleg.. Great rom for Lats like a deep stretch pullover (bottom half rom) great upper back stretch and stupendous for ass n hammies.. Adding a defecit is nuts.

No one has the same anthropometry and individualisation is kind of a big deal
    FMH crew - Couch.

I certainly do a lot more stuff now... Work has sick new machines. So I just jump on whatever a feel like for a few sets now ������
    but pendlays & 'facepulls' absolutely blew my back up,

Pendlays, I used a lot of heavy triples and a lot of high set/low rest triples, kinda like clusters. Never liked them for high reps, never liked ANY explosive movement for high reps.

Facepulls and pullaparts I lump in together as previously discussed, angle of pull always varied, touch point always varied, arm angle always varied and resistance curves and tempos always changed.

My fave deadlift is and always was the wide grip stiffleg.. Great rom for Lats like a deep stretch pullover (bottom half rom) great upper back stretch and stupendous for ass n hammies.. Adding a defecit is nuts.

No one has the same anthropometry and individualisation is kind of a big deal
    I’ve become a huge fan of cable rope row variations as well, and will usually do one of them over reverse pec deck.

Like yesterday, after all that random back chit, I did some rear delt cable rows. Felt nice.

-Sir Isaac Newton

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think the only question was what would we rate it.

4/10
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Google Reviews of GettFit Online Coaching: https://g.page/r/CeuQw8grjXrzEAE

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the ******** Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.********.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat