Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Question to the OV35 folks, hope it doesn't come across wrong, but knowing some folk

This might come out as a bragging thread and probably no matter how I try to down play it no matter what it will come across as bragging or "look at me" me thread, but anyway I hope it doesn't, but....

So here is the question, do folks gravitate towards you when you enter a room? Whenever I go somewhere a club, the mall, the gym, a person's house and there are folks I don't know etc, people tend to gravitate towards me and always want to either be around me or converse with me.

I've been told by woman I have a charming personality and told by men that I have demeanor about me that demands respect.

I know, I know, there is no way this isn't bragging, but I am sincerely being honest here and was just wondering if other folks on here get this same treatment from both women and men.

My boss in a factory 40 years ago told me, "John you have a way about you that folks will always take notice" I was 16 at the time and I didn't quite understood what he meant by that.
    On the list for Bannukah

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have found over the years that most people are humble about such traits, so yeah it does look like a bragging thread to me.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't have the "gift of gab" nor am I particularly funny. Those are the two traits that IMO the average person tends to gravitate toward.

I am polite, friendly, and nice, but that doesn't attract the same as funny guy or talkative guy.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, but I had a roommate in college like this. There was just something about her personality that drew people to her.

She had a way about her that made you feel like you were the most important person in the room when she talked to you. The guys went crazy for her. It was like living with the Pied Piper (wherein the college guys =rats, I suppose.)

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think it reflects personality and gregariousness...your body language, facial expressions, manner in which you engage with others, and overall physical presence etc., will affect how people react to you. You seem to be a highly extraverted person who likes interacting with people...others pick up on that and react accordingly.

Me? I am the complete opposite. I've been told I come off as cold, aloof, unfriendly, and antisocial...so people probably interact with me much differently than they do you.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    This might come out as a bragging thread and probably no matter how I try to down play it no matter what it will come across as bragging or "look at me" me thread, but anyway I hope it doesn't, but....

So here is the question, do folks gravitate towards you when you enter a room? Whenever I go somewhere a club, the mall, the gym, a person's house and there are folks I don't know etc, people tend to gravitate towards me and always want to either be around me or converse with me.

I've been told by woman I have a charming personality and told by men that I have demeanor about me that demands respect.

I know, I know, there is no way this isn't bragging, but I am sincerely being honest here and was just wondering if other folks on here get this same treatment from both women and men.

My boss in a factory 40 years ago told me, "John you have a way about you that folks will always take notice" I was 16 at the time and I didn't quite understood what he meant by that.
    Pickpockets they all are I say .
    True genius is often shown in elegant simplicity .

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh yes, it is very easy to be around you.

No nobody gravitates towards me really. I'm like Karlito.

Extroversion is considered a positive trait, it should increase ones happiness. You are lucky
    Last edited by Cass40; 03-03-2021 at 03:25 PM.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    I have found over the years that most people are humble about such traits, so yeah it does look like a bragging thread to me.
    Everyone wants to be seen next to “the tall guy”, LOL!

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    I don't have the "gift of gab" nor am I particularly funny. Those are the two traits that IMO the average person tends to gravitate toward.

I am polite, friendly, and nice, but that doesn't attract the same as funny guy or talkative guy.
    I am by no means a funny guy, in fact the total opposite very serious at all times, very rarely smile.

Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    No, but I had a roommate in college like this. There was just something about her personality that drew people to her.

She had a way about her that made you feel like you were the most important person in the room when she talked to you. The guys went crazy for her. It was like living with the Pied Piper (wherein the college guys =rats, I suppose.)
    My wife is very quiet and hates any kind of attention but whenever her and I go out everyone is around us, talking to me and she always asked me, how do you deal with it? But I really like people, I dunno I guess I find the good in everyone, at least until they prove me worng.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I think it reflects personality and gregariousness...your body language, facial expressions, manner in which you engage with others, and overall physical presence etc., will affect how people react to you. You seem to be a highly extraverted person who likes interacting with people...others pick up on that and react accordingly.

Me? I am the complete opposite. I've been told I come off as cold, aloof, unfriendly, and antisocial...so people probably interact with me much differently than they do you.
    Crazy, because if you recall I had a dream about the OV35 and while I don't know you nor know what you look like, your demeanor was how you described it right now and as I told you, I depicted you like a lumberjack for some odd reason.

Originally Posted by champ07 View Post
    Pickpockets they all are I say .
    You lost me with this on Champ...

Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post

Extroversion is considered a positive trait, it should increase ones happiness. You are lucky
    You were one of the persons that told me when we met I had a charming personality, so thank you for that.
    On the list for Bannukah

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    John, while we haven't talked in person, I believe you to be a natural leader. Now before you get all smug, being a natural leader is not like something you work your ass off for. IMHO, it's a characteristic based on specific brain chemistry. The "physical" part is way down the list of factors.... look at Hitler. :|

Speaking of which, while being a leader is not hard, doing right by those you lead (or others) is the tricky bit. Unfortunately, most of the people who would make great leaders wouldn't want to be leaders. That's why we're mostly stuck with pond scum.

Anyways, this Simon Sinek dude has some good insight on effective leadership if you're interested.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I’m an introvert but it tends to happen because I’m usually the boss or leader when I walk in the room.
    David

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Crazy, because if you recall I had a dream about the OV35 and while I don't know you nor know what you look like, your demeanor was how you described it right now and as I told you, I depicted you like a lumberjack for some odd reason.
    Haha...That is funny that you mentioned lumberjack. I lived in NYC for 6 years, and I used to wear shorts every single day regardless of the weather. One day I was walking down Broadway on a cold winter day. I was wearing shorts and a flannel shirt. When I passed by these two black dudes, one of them looks at me and says to his friend "Look at that...this crazy lumberjack cracker thinks it is warm out here!". I was more amused than pissed...I thought it was hilarious that they came up with "lumberjack"

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Haha...That is funny that you mentioned lumberjack. I lived in NYC for 6 years, and I used to wear shorts every single day regardless of the weather. One day I was walking down Broadway on a cold winter day. I was wearing shorts and a flannel shirt. When I passed by these two black dudes, one of them looks at me and says to his friend "Look at that...this crazy lumberjack cracker thinks it is warm out here!". I was more amused than pissed...I thought it was hilarious that they came up with "lumberjack"
    Dude, OMG, I got a question: In all those 6 years - how many times you reckon you "car bombed" (farted in an elevator just prior to exiting) While in NYC?

They must have been freakin lethal while only wearing shorts, lol.

and I'm only talking ballpark numbers. No need to pull out the old spreadsheets.

Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    Dude, OMG, I got a question: In all those 6 years - how many times you reckon you "car bombed" (farted in an elevator just prior to exiting) While in NYC?

They must have been freakin lethal while only wearing shorts, lol.

and I'm only talking ballpark numbers. No need to pull out the old spreadsheets.
    The only time I ever rode elevators was at the train station, and the existing elevator smell vastly eclipsed anything my intestinal flora could ever conjure...even when I supplied them with high quality materials such as beans, eggs, cabbage etc...They just couldn't compete with months of fermenting feces, urine, and vomit stewing in the summer heat and humidity.

The only time I ever rode elevators was at the train station, and the existing elevator smell vastly eclipsed anything my intestinal flora could ever conjure...even when I supplied them with high quality materials such as beans, eggs, cabbage etc...They just couldn't compete with months of fermenting feces, urine, and vomit stewing in the summer heat and humidity.
    well that's a bummer.

I had such hopes....

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One time when my husband was visiting me in Finland my best friend thought it would be a good idea to bring him to see this famous female artist. Famous in Finnish standards. When the concert was over, my husband said "I am going to go see her".

Me and my friends were looking at each other thinking, there's security guards, you can't just go backstage but nobody said anything.
    Not only had he gone past security and talked to her but she had ended up hiring him to produce her next record. She paid him a plane ticket, hotel, and a salary to come work for her.

Long story short..it's good to have confidence and be extroverted. It just made me think what Karl said about how people treat you based on how you are and your body language. Security guards will let you go past them if you just act like you belong there. It's not even the first time.

It's so weird. I can't imagine living my life like that.

One time when my husband was visiting me in Finland my best friend thought it would be a good idea to bring him to see this famous female artist. Famous in Finnish standards. When the concert was over, my husband said "I am going to go see her".

Me and my friends were looking at each other thinking, there's security guards, you can't just go backstage but nobody said anything.
    Not only had he gone past security and talked to her but she had ended up hiring him to produce her next record. She paid him a plane ticket, hotel, and a salary to come work for her.

Long story short..it's good to have confidence and be extroverted. It just made me think what Karl said about how people treat you based on how you are and your body language. Security guards will let you go past them if you just act like you belong there. It's not even the first time.

Very cool story. Certain people speak the same creative language. I once saw this documentary aboot David Bowie. Dude was a toothpick with horrid teeth and yet he commanded attention everywhere he went and worked. It was mostly that the dude emitted massive talent, I reckon. Other creative types can "read" that vibe very quickly.

EDIT: umm... living your life like what? With entitlement?

Very cool story. Certain people speak the same creative language. I once saw this documentary aboot David Bowie. Dude was a toothpick with horrid teeth and yet he commanded attention everywhere he went and worked. It was mostly that the dude emitted massive talent, I reckon. Other creative types can "read" that vibe very quickly.

EDIT: umm... living your life like what?
    I would terrified of rejection. But the funny thing is that he doesn't care. Like at all. He'd probably think "what's the worst that could happen. They say no?"
    You have to be social nowadays though. Everything is about networking and knowing the right people. You can learn it but it's mostly personality that develops early on.

I would terrified of rejection. But the funny thing is that he doesn't care. Like at all. He'd probably think "what's the worst that could happen. They say no?"
    You have to be social nowadays though. Everything is about networking and knowing the right people. You can learn it but it's mostly personality that develops early on.
    Sounds like he's a go getter. That's not always the case with Artist types.

You dont have to be very social if you focus your efforts on becoming very good at what you do. Ppl will find you. I spent many years trying to be someone I wasn't, but that's a boring story and ultimately not a big deal, but the effort spent was a waste of time nonetheless. It took me a while but I'm finally no longer chasing anything.

As for rejection: nobody can hurt us more than we hurt/punish ourselves. And most people are too preoccupied with themselves to even notice stuff. You dig?

Sounds like he's a go getter. That's not always the case with Artist types.

You dont have to be very social if you focus your efforts on becoming very good at what you do. Ppl will find you. I spent many years trying to be someone I wasn't, but that's a boring story and ultimately not a big deal, but the effort spent was a waste of time nonetheless. It took me a while but I'm finally no longer chasing.

As for rejection: nobody can hurt us more than we hurt/punish ourselves. You dig?
    If you are super talented, then yes they'll come find you maybe but most tryna make it in entertainment business, whether you wanna be an actor or whatever, it's brutal and all you hear is rejection. I dunno if you need to be social but you have to have thick skin.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes, people notice me when I enter a room.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

If you are super talented, then yes they'll come find you maybe but most tryna make it in entertainment business, whether you wanna be an actor or whatever, it's brutal and all you hear is rejection. I dunno if you need to be social but you have to have thick skin.
    Talent is not a prerequisite to success, Sis and yes, rejection is brutal. Some would argue however, it's just part of the pain and process involved in realizing one's ambition.

Talent is not a prerequisite to success, Sis and yes, rejection is brutal. Some would argue however, it's just part of the pain and process involved in realizing one's ambition.
    Well that's for sure. This current society really caters to narcissists and psychopaths, which often have superficial charm.

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Yes, people notice me when I enter a room.

Sorry..yes we noticed your entry as you are even towering over Chaz

Well that's for sure. This current society really caters to narcissists and psychopaths, which often have superficial charm.
    True, but there are also some incredible ppl walking around out there, on this giant, explosive fun ball. Just a bit tougher to find and hear their stories.

Don't waste a moment on negativity, sister dude. While it appears to provide a type of comfort, it's steals precious time.

Don't mind me; I'm chilling here watching big wave surfing on the Nautical Channel and feeling kinda Zen.

True, but there are also some incredible ppl walking around out there, on this giant, explosive fun ball. Just a bit tougher to find and hear their stories.

Don't waste a moment on negativity, sister dude. While it appears to provide a type of comfort, it's steals precious time.

Don't mind me; I'm chilling here watching big wave surfing on the Nautical Channel and feeling kinda Zen.
    Lol you are such an idealist. I'm zen too. I love being calm and zero anxiety introverted isolated person. Zero complaints here brother dude.

Edit: me noting something is not wasting time on negativity btw.
    Last edited by Cass40; 03-03-2021 at 07:57 PM.

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

In the early 90's I watched a German educational film called, "Those Morose Finns". It was a 30 minute mini-documentary made for gymnasium aged kids all about how extraordinarily introverted the Finns were. A very German production.

The first time I went to Vaasa I understood why Finnish people are 'introverted" and weird about strangers coming up out of the blue and asking for restaurant recommendations. Speaking to inebriated Americans requires energy that could better be spent keeping yourself alive in that sub-zero, frozen
    hell they call "Spring/Kevat" for some reason.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    In the early 90's I watched a German educational film called, "Those Morose Finns". It was a 30 minute mini-documentary made for gymnasium aged kids all about how extraordinarily introverted the Finns were. A very German production.

The first time I went to Vaasa I understood why Finnish people are 'introverted" and weird about strangers coming up out of the blue and asking for restaurant recommendations. Speaking to inebriated Americans requires energy that could better be spent keeping youself alive in that sub-zero hell they call "Spring/Kevat" for some reason.
    I think Finnish people know that Americans are friendly and they like Americans. It just may come across the Finns are aloof and weirdly quiet but it's just the way we are.

Ha..you just reminded me that nobody in my country speaks to anyone. And here I'm wondering why I'm so quiet lol.

Lol you are such an idealist. I'm zen too. I love being calm and zero anxiety introverted isolated person. Zero complaints here brother dude.

Edit: me noting something is not wasting time on negativity btw.
    heh, I've been called worse; just not always to my face/avatar.

Awesome to hear you're feeling one with the Universe. While we need resistance to flourish, I think it's also important to slow our rolls from time to time. Ebb and flow, sister dude.

EDIT: I dig.

Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    In the early 90's I watch a German educational film called, "Those Morose Finns". It was a 30 minute mini-documentary made for gymnasium aged kids all about how extraordinarily introverted the Finns were. A very German production.

The first time I went to Vaasa I understood why Finnish people are 'introverted" and weird about strangers coming up out of the blue and asking for restaurant recommendations. Speaking to inebriated Americans requires energy that could better be spent keeping youself alive in that sub-zero hell they call "Spring/Kevat" for some reason.
    For what it's worth, you're one of the few people posting here where the more you post, the more I wanna know. I mean you got interesting stuff to say.

Frankly, you strike me as one of those reluctant leader type dudes. Leading more from necessity than desire.

I sometimes try to imagine what it must be like to live life like that ... to understand the subjective experiences of people who love interacting and socializing with others. I can only really understand it in a dry academic way...I can't really imagine the subjective experiential aspects of it. I can't put myself in their shoes and see the world through their eyes even though I try.

For me it is a weird paradox. I find the differences among people to be really interesting and I want to understand them...almost like mechanical devices to be studied, but I have almost no interest in casual social interaction and do my best to avoid it in most circumstances.