Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cutting w/ Ultimate Diet 2.0

I just found out that I'm going to be forced to take a somewhat extended (at least a month) layoff from my baseball season due to a throwing injury. This is an issue that only affects my throwing at this time - external impingement, which is exacerbating a pre-existing torn labrum. I've been encouraged to keep working out and lifting as hard as possible while I rehab.

I've been bulking for a while now. Not quite a year ago, I discovered IIFYM and some real motivation and proceeded to shed an excess 30 pounds. It was great to get so many compliments from those who hadn't seen me for a while and fitness/nutrition became a way of life for me. However, my physique is not where I want it to be. I've ran several cuts since that initial big drop down to around 13-15% BF and just haven't been able to break that plateau. After researching, I think the cyclic keto that Lyle McDonald recommends may help me do just that. I'm definitely a natural endo (even if the true definition of such terms is a little muddy) and Lyle's book convinced me that I may need to do some "side-stepping" of my genetics, so to speak.

Moreover, I think the structured and varied nature of the diet will help me stick to things more closely. Lyle provides guidance for weight training as well, and I will be implementing those principles as well. I've been using 5/3/1 for a while now, and while I can't continue to do it, it will be the framework for my tension workouts and power workouts. I'll be following one of Lyle's examples for depletion workouts.

For those unfamiliar, I can't do Lyle's book justice. I will just give a very simplistic overview of what I'm going to do to start with. Lyle made it a point to do a 7 day cycle, but often mentions that he'd like more time. He offers an 8 day cycle alternative at the end of the book and I plan on following that, generally. If I foresee a need to not be carb depleted on a certain day or an inability to do a workout on a particular day, I may have to adjust.

Here's what he says in general about the 8 day cycle:
    It’s basically just like the normal 7 day cycle but the oddity of day 4 (the combo day) is remoed: you have 4 strict diet days, 2 days of carb-loading and 2 days of relatively normal eating. You also get a full 48 hours of rest between the high intensity workout and the power workout. Of course, the cycle precesses through the week each cycle, meaning you don’t get to eat normally on weekends. But for lifters with no life, who can schedule eating and training on any day, this may be a better way to go. For everyone else, the compromise of fitting the cycle into 7 days mandates the current setup.
    Here's a day-by-day framework of training/diet:
    Day 1/2: Depletion weight training, low-cal low-carb diet
    Day 3/4: Cardio/rest, low-cal low-carb diet
    Day 5: High Intensity workout preceding carb-load
    Day 6: No workout, continue carb-load
    Day 7: Power workout in AM, IIFYM just below maintenance diet
    Day 8: No training, IIFYM just below maintenance diet

Low-carb = 50-75g net carbs
    Low-cal = roughly half of maintenance
    Carb-load = ~1300g carbs over the couple days
    IIFYM = roughly neutral macro ratios

Supplementation:
    Source Naturals Life Force Multivitamin Capsules
    Bodybuilding.com Supplements Fish Oil - 4 caps/day, yielding ~2800mg EPA/DHA
    Bronkaid/SNS Caffeine Tabs - 25mg E/200mg C on Days 1-4, 8
    Genomyx Gut Health
    Quest Protein Bars
    I may add supplemental protein and/or carbs as needed. I'll specify that in my daily posts. I do foresee the need for supplemental carbs, and I'll be testing out Genomyx Glycemyx soon for that purpose.

I plan to chronicle most of my days on here and give details according to how much spare time I have. I still spend a few hours/day at baseball practice, another getting rehab, sometimes an hour or more in the gym, plus class, my job, and homework. I'm not sure how long I'll go, depends on results and how I respond mentally/emotionally. Lyle advocates putting a couple weeks of normal/IIFYM type dieting in occasionally to avoid burnout. I plan to go about a month and re-evaluate.
    Last edited by D3Baseball; 01-24-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results - Dr. John Berardi

D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Today's Diet (as tabulated on MyPlate and is subject to my portion estimates):

Breakfast:
    ~4 scrambled eggs
    6 slices of bacon

Lunchtime:
    Quest bar
    Reduced fat colby jack cheese slices

Dinner:
    Baby Spinach
    Chicken Breast pieces
    Shredded cheddar cheese
    Red wine vinegar
    (this is a salad)

Evening Snack:
    Two chicken breast filets, seasoned with lemon pepper
    Each wrapped in a Flatout wrap

Other:
    I have only drank diet beverages (diet root beer, diet Dr. Pepper) and water. Will minimize liquid calories on low-carb days.

1706 total cals, 85 grams fat, 191 grams protein, 62 total carbs, 37 grams fiber

Depletion Workout 1
    Leg Superset:
    Leg Press 3x15
    Leg Curls 3x15
    Chest/Back Superset:
    Chest Press 3x15
    Bent-over Rows 3x15
    Arms Superset:
    Tricep Extensions 3x15
    Bicep Curls 3x15

Repeat each superset cycle again

I'm going to mix in a core superset tomorrow - I'm thinking some sort of sit-up along with back extensions
    Last edited by D3Baseball; 01-24-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results - Dr. John Berardi

ymenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) ymenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) ymenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) ymenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) ymenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) ymenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) ymenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) ymenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) ymenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) ymenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) ymenic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cals seem a little low for weighing 187. I'll be following.

Originally Posted by ymenic View Post
    Cals seem a little low for weighing 187. I'll be following.
    Thanks for the follow!

As part of the diet, the deficit is pretty big on the low carb days because it will far exceed maintenance in the carb-up period.

Average Supplement User ScivationLead's Avatar
    ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In!
    Nutrabolt Lead Company Rep

ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck. I will watch too. Interested in how you do with the 8 day cycle program. I am on a typical CKD 7 day cycle based on events in my work week!! Only on my 3rd week and learning more every week. Lots of carbs in a day. More than I am willing to eat.

Another good bread product is by "Joseph's". They have a pita pocket type bread: great protein and fiber with only 4 net carbs. Similar to the flat out just not as thick or heavy.

Is this 8 day program good for a keto bulk? Looks like it. I know lots of controversy about keto bulk.

Originally Posted by AFdave View Post
    In!

Originally Posted by ShortD73 View Post
    Good luck. I will watch too. Interested in how you do with the 8 day cycle program. I am on a typical CKD 7 day cycle based on events in my work week!! Only on my 3rd week and learning more every week. Lots of carbs in a day. More than I am willing to eat.

Another good bread product is by "Joseph's". They have a pita pocket type bread: great protein and fiber with only 4 net carbs. Similar to the flat out just not as thick or heavy.

Is this 8 day program good for a keto bulk? Looks like it. I know lots of controversy about keto bulk.
    I'm very interested in how I respond to that carb load, and where I'm getting those carbs from. The book stresses that the large portion of the carbs come from complex sources during the load. This is why I've indicated that I'll probably have to supplement some.

I'll check out that "Joseph's!"

You can definitely bulk this way and Lyle covers it in his book. The 8 day cycle is probably even more conducive to bulking than the 7, because you spend more time eating at higher caloric levels. The main difference is that on those low carb days, you'd be closer (but still below) maintenance and on the IIFYM days you'd be a little bit above maintenace.

Day 2 of 1st 8 Day Cycle

Diet

Morning:
    Quest Bar
    Colby Jack Reduced Fat Cheese

Lunch:
    Baby spinach
    Chicken breast pieces
    Shredded cheddar
    red wine vinegar
    (this is a salad)

Snack:
    cashews

Dinner:
    baby spinach
    chicken breast pieces
    shredded cheddar
    balsamic vinegar
    olive oil
    (salad)

Post-Dinner Snack:
    chicken breast filet seasoned in lemon pepper

Macros: 1754 total calories, 100g fat, 180g protein, 51g total carbs, 22g fiber

You can see how monotonous this is getting. I'm not too displeased, especially since I've been plenty busy and haven't been "needing" food. I've been a little low on carbs the past few days, as I am supposed to get 50 or more net carbs. I'm not going to worry about this just yet because I want to get used to the discipline of cutting out carbs and I likely have more glycogen stored than I normally would in future cycles.

Depletion Workout

Legs Superset
    Leg Press 3x15
    Leg Curls 3x15
    Chest/Upper Back Superset
    Bench Press 3x15
    Bent-over Row 3x15
    Arms Superset
    Tricep Extensions 3x15
    Bicep Curls 3x15
    Core
    Planks 2x60 secs

Do two total cycles

This was probably the most challenging weight workout of my life. Over and over, I thought I was completely burnt out and I was going to have to cut it off short. I can't believe the way my body can recover whilst in the gym. I was really pretty surprised that I had no soreness from yesterday's depletion workout - I did have a good deal of protein though and am taking Aleve for my shoulder injury. I could definitely tell that I was wearing out sooner today than yesterday, though. Odd thing that I noticed was that during the first cycle I had uncomfortable pumps in my forearms and biceps. When doing the same reps/weights in the second cycle, the pump was basically gone - I assume this has something to do with the lack of carbs and/or water.

Tomorrow is still keto, but there won't be weight training. I will likely do some cardio. Same goes for Day 4.

Average Supplement User ScivationLead's Avatar
    ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Heck of a workout. Which supplements are you using?
    Nutrabolt Lead Company Rep

Originally Posted by AFdave View Post
    Heck of a workout. Which supplements are you using?
    EC on low carb days and on the last day of moderate carbs.

Staples being Multi, Fish Oil (McDonald demands this, it seems), Gut Health, and Quest if you count that. No pre, intra, post at this point. I could (maybe should) take Genomyx Protocol somewhere around there and I have some stuff coming in to test at some point. I'm not wanting to mess up my insulin response and glycogen storage so I'm being hesitant to add much in there that is outside the purview of what the book mentions.

An interesting note on weight. I'd been stuck at about 187 and going up occasionally to 188 for the couple weeks prior to starting this cut. Knowing that I was going to cut, I had a last hurrah cheat day before starting and therefore was at 190 on my first low carb day. Today, at the beginning of Day 3, I'm at 184.5. I'd say the water loss from ketosis/EC is in full swing. McDonald tells in his book that it will be common to fluctuate as much as 7 pounds in each cycle.

This might make it somewhat hard to evaluate how much fat I'm burning, but I'm also taking measurements daily. Comparing low/high values of weight and measurements each cycle should give me enough information - as with most things, it will be important that I work consistently to make sure that I can be as certain as possible that I compare apples to apples each cycle.

For future reference I'm gonna put some starting values:
    Day 0 (before starting)
    190 lbs
    34 and 1/4 inch at waist
    34 inch at navel
    12 and 1/2 inch at bicep
    22 and 1/2 inch at thigh

Day 3
    184.5 lbs
    34 inch at waist
    33 and 3/4 inch at navel
    12 and 1/2 inch at bicep
    Last edited by D3Baseball; 01-27-2012 at 05:26 AM. Reason: put the wrong day number there

ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShortD73 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I get big swings too. So now I just take my weight measurement on last two days before carb up. Try using the accumeasure fat caliper as well. I don't have one here but at home I used it and there is not much variation day to day. If so it is most likey user error or water retention. Then take weekly measurements. Hope it works!!!

I get big swings too. So now I just take my weight measurement on last two days before carb up. Try using the accumeasure fat caliper as well. I don't have one here but at home I used it and there is not much variation day to day. If so it is most likey user error or water retention. Then take weekly measurements. Hope it works!!!
    I appreciate the input.

Now get to 50 posts so I can rep you!

Is that the magic number? I have tried to rep people but I don't think it has been working.

Is that the magic number? I have tried to rep people but I don't think it has been working.
    Your number won't show up until post number 50. You can rep and neg, but your points don't do anything just yet. Moreover, it takes a ton of rep power to move someone else's rep power significantly. It's about 1 point of rep power that you give to someone for every 1000 that you have. Rep power is what shows up on your posts, not the higher number that will appear on your User CP.

It can take a long time to build up rep power unless you get mod repped :P Most of the people here running around with a lot of rep power got 50-75% of their rep points from moderators.

Another good day.

Diet

Breakfast
    scrambled eggs

Snack
    reduced fat colby jack cheese

Lunchtime
    Quest bar

Late afternoon
    2 chicken breast filets
    2 flatout wraps
    lemon pepper seasoning

Dinner
    spinach
    chicken breast
    shredded cheddar
    red wine vinegar

Late evening
    Cheez-its

Macros: 1780 total cals, 82g fat, 203g protein, 81g total carbs, 39g fiber

I did indulge in a serving of Cheez-its at the end of the day. I was still low on cals and needed something to eat because I had forgotten to take my multi, don't like to take it on an empty stomach. I was and am still below the net carb minimum for this diet, so I don't think it should be a problem - these were non-sugar carbs as well, though I'm sure they weren't necessarily high quality.

Cardio
    20 mins of HIIT

Ran on a 1/10 mile indoor track - sprint a lap, jog/recover a lap. I was running the fast lap in about 35-40 seconds, and the recovery at about 1:20.

Other Thoughts
    On my third day in keto, I am surprised that I don't really feel much different. I've had a few cravings, but nothing major and nothing specific - more just the occasional empty stomach. No cognitive effects, I've actually been very pro-social and energetic. No lethargy whatsoever. Nothing really placebo-proof to note that is different than the norm.

This can only mean two things, it seems.
    1. I'm responding very well to EC
    2. I'm not glycogen depleted.

I'm guessing 2 is not true, since I've done things just as the book described and even had fewer carbs than prescribed. The quick weight loss seems to corroborate that too, though I could argue that the added high dose of stimulants explains the drop. I doubt it though, it usually only causes a couple pounds of drop.

Again, this is kind of for my benefit/record keeping:

Day 4
    183 lbs
    33 and 1/2 inch at navel

Last low-carb day of the cycle!

Diet

Breakfast:
    scrambled eggs
    bacon

Lunch:
    baked chicken breast

Mid-day snack:
    Quest bar

Evening snack:
    reduced fat colby jack cheese

Dinner:
    Outback Special, 12 oz. sirloin

I don't anticipate eating anything else. Slight chance of another Quest bar.

Here are current and likely final macros for the day:
    1795 total calories, 92g fat, 225g protein, 28g total carbs, 18g fiber.

Rest Day
    I could have done cardio today, but my recovery has been surprisingly good so far and I don't want to spoil my luck. Have to push around some big weights tomorrow morning. Then...CARB UP! woo!

PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good work so far dude. So proud of you!

Day 5 - Carb-Up Day

Morning Weigh-in: 182lbs
    Navel measurement: 33 and 1/4 inches

Supplementation Note: No thermogenics (EC) during the non-keto phase. Lyle says this interferes with insulin sensitivity/secretion. I forget the particular MOA, but I don't want to mess it up.

Carb-Up Plan:
    ~1000g carbs
    ~200g protein
    as low fat as possible, given that there will be trace fat with everything

Timing is big on carb-up day. I must do my "tension" workout before the carb-up truly begins, to deplete glycogen for one last time, heighten insulin sensitivity, and make things as efficient as possible as far as nutrient partitioning goes. However, before that tough workout I am to take something with some protein and a few (15-30g) carbs. I tried out Universal Pro & Oats in skim milk. I just reviewed it today and you can check it out here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=141788501

About 60 minutes later, I worked out. The tension workout is meant to be in the 6-12 rep range for all lifts and be a full-body workout. It should be a high intensity workout, but no working to failure as there is a maximal strength workout in my near future. This is also not meant to be a real high volume workout like the depletion workouts.

I honestly felt terrible throughout the workout. I don't know if this was the lack of stimulants, a crash from the carbs, or just a coincidence. Felt very lethargic and unenergized/unenthused. I did get my work in though.

Tension Workout
    Bench 3x6, progressively higher weights
    Chest Press 3x8
    Seated Rows 3x8
    Bent-over Rows 2x8
    Tricep Extensions 2x8
    Bicep Curls 2x8
    Squat 3x8
    Leg Curls 3x8

Then begins the carb load. There aren't strident restrictions on carb type, but a general rule is to go from high GI early on to lower GI later on.

Diet so far today, after that pre-workout Pro & Oats:

16 oz. Naked Strawberry Banana Smoothie
    Naan Pizza: naan, sauce, reduced fat cheese
    Quest Bar - gf wanted to try it out, and made me eat the rest when she got full (not mad )
    Spicy Chicken Sandwich - oops, more fat than I meant to have
    16 oz. chocolate milk
    Baked potato chips
    Another Naan pizza
    V8 Fusion

So far...that's just about 350g carbs...not even half done!

Going to IHOP soon, that should help. The trick is keeping the carbs complex. McDonald recommends trying to keep the carbs as complex as possible. The next thing is keeping fat low. He doesn't elaborate much on what low should be, but mentions 50g being a goal. I've already surpassed that and I'm not sure what the ramifications of that are. Will give final dietary updates later.

Decided to get a bit sloppy for those last carbs:

Those are the CINNA-STACK Pancakes from IHOP. I highly recommend.

Later on...I also had some Crazy Bread from Little Caesar's. A personal favorite.

Anyway. I think that's about it for today. I feel over-stuffed. Food sounds disgusting to me at this point. I'm actually looking forward to going back to keto because of the guilt-free way I feel on this low-cal low-carb days.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You bastard, I saw those on the menu last week but passed on them. Now that you post these pics I'm kicking myself.

Good thing tomorrow is my refeed...mmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    You bastard, I saw those on the menu last week but passed on them. Now that you post these pics I'm kicking myself.

Good thing tomorrow is my refeed...mmmmmmmm
    They were so good. Definitely recommend. Syrup is optional with these.

BTW, I'm not sure if I should refeed at the same intensity tomorrow. McDonald doesn't explicate the 8 Day variation clearly enough for me to know. I'm not sure...

Morning Weigh-In: 186lbs
    33 and 3/4 at navel

Glad to see I didn't gain everything back just yet.

I think I'm gonna eat at IIFYM maintenance today with a higher rate of carbs today instead of another all-out carb load.

Tomorrow and the next day, IIFYM sub-maintenance. Tomorrow is power workout. The next day, I am to taper carbs toward the end of the day to prepare for the subsequent keto days. I feel misguided enough on how to do the 8 day cycle that I may transition to the 7 day at this point so that I can take advantage of the fully detailed instructions I have on that. It is also just counterintuitive (even if correct) to eat that much for more than a day. I don't want to get too comfortable being able to satisfy all my cravings.

JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by D3Baseball View Post
    Thanks for the follow!

As part of the diet, the deficit is pretty big on the low carb days because it will far exceed maintenance in the carb-up period.
    Actually, it's a pretty good amount for ud2. in to see how you do. I've done both loss and mass versions.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139497073

JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This your first time doing it? Are you doing an 8 day? How much fat in the carb up? Any idea?

Originally Posted by JennLifts View Post
    Actually, it's a pretty good amount for ud2. in to see how you do. I've done both loss and mass versions.
    This your first time doing it? Are you doing an 8 day? How much fat in the carb up? Any idea?
    This is my first time, so any feedback would be great. I've done an 8 day this first time, but might switch back to the regular 7 because I'm not sure how to treat that second carb-up day. I know that McDonald writes that 50g of fat is a target during carb-up, but I was around 80 or so yesterday . Trial and error I suppose, just need to be more careful on food choices. There is a little bit of debate as to how important lowering the fat is during carb-up, but I don't know enough about it that I want to deviate from the program just yet.

This is my first time, so any feedback would be great. I've done an 8 day this first time, but might switch back to the regular 7 because I'm not sure how to treat that second carb-up day. I know that McDonald writes that 50g of fat is a target during carb-up, but I was around 80 or so yesterday . Trial and error I suppose, just need to be more careful on food choices. There is a little bit of debate as to how important lowering the fat is during carb-up, but I don't know enough about it that I want to deviate from the program just yet.
    well.. as much as we dont want it to be, the carb up is very boring. rice, bagels, potatoes, pancakes (lf), cereal (he say cptn crunch, but just have to watch sucrose. rice crispies or chex is what i used), etc. I found oatmeal had too much fat. I'm not sure on thats 8th day either

well.. as much as we dont want it to be, the carb up is very boring. rice, bagels, potatoes, pancakes (lf), cereal (he say cptn crunch, but just have to watch sucrose. rice crispies or chex is what i used), etc. I found oatmeal had too much fat. I'm not sure on thats 8th day either
    That's good to know, then. I'll have to clean up my next carb load then to get the fats out of the equation. We live and we learn.

That's good to know, then. I'll have to clean up my next carb load then to get the fats out of the equation. We live and we learn.
    I don't mean to criticize at all! I was SO worried I wasn't doing it right at first. Like ...carb loading wondering if I was fully depleted. But I had some people there helping me to had done it to keep me sane haha. You're doing great for your first round :-)