Sparta1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What did I do to my shoulder?

It was upper body day and after I had gotten done with my workout I thought to myself a dead hang sounded nice.... Well apparently I didn't know I was supposed to keep active shoulders and just hung there and let everything just sink down. Nothing bad happened immediately but a few hours after my workout my right shoulder started hurting. I also noticed it popping as well quite a bit. I haven't lifted for 2 weeks and the pain is much better although it is still there. The pain is in the front of my shoulder pretty deep. I also don't feel it popping as much anymore. I want to get back to lifting asap but even when I do a simple pushup there is a weird creaky sound in my right shoulder that feels odd... no pain just a sort of sound. I can lift my arm over head and do everything normally. The only thing that somewhat hurts is when putting on a jacket and having to move my arm backwards to get it on.

Did I strain my rotator cuff? OR did I get a SLAP tear? I know it's hard to diagnose over the internet but I can't go to PT at the moment and this is driving my crazy not knowing so any bit of input would be appreciated.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There is nothing wrong with dead hanging and is usually recommended for people with certain shoulder issues or spinal issues.

I'm no doctor but as an idiot gym bro I'd say slowly get back into things, do a few test sets, re-evaluate. If there is real pain stop. Band work maybe for a week or so which tends to have a good tonic effect for many people, especially with the stabilization factor.

It's doubtful you did any real serious damage. Most likely, muscles or connective tissue in your shoulder girdle was extremely tight (possibly rounded shoulders/tight chest and lats) and doing such a deep stretch when you weren't used to it overstretched something or strained something.

AGAIN not a doctor, take my opinion with a huge grain of salt!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Sparta1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Saw a doctor and I partially tore my labrum.... so yea not so great.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So what has the Dr recommended that you or don't do?
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sparta1234 View Post
    Saw a doctor and I partially tore my labrum.... so yea not so great.
    Good luck and hopefully a speedy recovery! Please follow your doctor's advice. I am sorry it wasn't the news you wanted. Injuries are never easy but you'll get your strength back.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel