joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Creatine has turned me into "Sir-Pee-a-Lot"?

Started creatine a couple of months ago. Two grams of HCL. Didn't bother with a "loading" period. A couple weeks ago I started noticing that I pee a lot. By a lot I mean a LOT!

It's annoying. Almost annoying enough to quit. Almost. I might but it seems to have made a difference in my workouts. A big difference. I started working out almost a year ago now. Progress was slow but steady (as in "I've been down so long that this looks like up to me"). Then progress suddenly accelerated.

I didn't even correlate the progress with the creatine until all the peeing started. But it didn't make sense as creatine is supposed to retain water so I googled it. Sure enough, I'm not the only one.

I've noticed coffee and/or beer exacerbate it, So, I guess, if I know I'm not going to be near any bathrooms for the day I can stay away from creatine (or beer/coffee) for that day?

Anyone else?
    joe Henry

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i pee more also but up my water intake while on, not sure if you've done the same but if you have that would make sense.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by joewattie View Post
    So, I guess, if I know I'm not going to be near any bathrooms for the day I can stay away from creatine (or beer/coffee) for that day?
    If you're not going to be near any bathrooms for an entire day I'm going to guess there's a tree, river or boulder nearby that'll suffice.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    is it just plain creatine?
    My secret? Texting between sets.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    is it just plain creatine?
    hcl

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Creatine does that to me too. Maybe it's because you are taking more than you need - remember that some people retain creatine saturation in their muscles naturally and don't actually need to supplement it. It is possible that excess peeing is your body just getting rid of what it doesn't need.

You could try reducing the dose.

Did you gain any weight during the first couple of weeks of taking it?
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 09-15-2021 at 01:01 AM.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Am I the only one who pees less with creatine?
    I am not talking about how many times a day, but when I go it's usually less than normal. Not by a lot, but noticeable.
    And I am using mono, 5-7 grams a day.
    While drinking over 5 liters a day.
    And it constipates me.
    I don't eat much red meat, if this matters.
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.

joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the replies. I live in a city, no trees, no place to hide : -) By a lot I mean sometimes as much as a few times an hour so for an upcoming car trip I'm more than a little nervous.

And by a lot I also mean a lot. Not a bunch of old man dribbles but normal youthful shots of Niagara Falls.

No, I haven't upped my water intake. I know I was supposed to have, I meant to, but I haven't and, if anything, cut back some because of all the peeing. I don't know where it's all coming from.

Did I put on weight? Not really. For my first ten months, nothing. For my last month "maybe" a pound.

It's creatine HCL. Two grams. Tiny, tiny little scoop. It's so small it's hard to put any less into it.

So, I guess, for now;

* I'll have to stop taking it for my upcoming car trip.
    * Resume when I get back and see what happens.
    * Stop *all* coffee and beer for a week and see if that makes a difference (currently avg. 2 cups coffee and one beer a day)?
    * Switch to creatine monohydrate and see if that makes any difference?
    * Try a smaller dose of monohydrate. (use my 2 gm scoop rather than the 5 gm scoop)?
    joe Henry

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Try stopping for a couple of weeks. If you notice no loss in weight, that could indicate you are a creatine non responder. I'm not sure that's absolutely true so maybe others can comment but it would tend to indicate that you maintain saturation without needing supplementation IMO.

I would say that if this gets you up even once in the night, it's not worth it - creatine is (on average) one of the few supplements that actually works but sleep is so important that it's not worth it if it disrupts that.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Try stopping for a couple of weeks. If you notice no loss in weight, that could indicate you are a creatine non responder. I'm not sure that's absolutely true so maybe others can comment but it would tend to indicate that you maintain saturation without needing supplementation IMO.

I would say that if this gets you up even once in the night, it's not worth it - creatine is (on average) one of the few supplements that actually works but sleep is so important that it's not worth it if it disrupts that.
    Well, because of my trip, I *will* be quitting ... for at least a week. We'll see what happens.

"Non-responder"? Probably not. After ten months I had "stalled" and then, after starting creatine, things started taking off again. That and because of my age. I'm old. At my age everything is depleted and most anything helps ... a little anyway.

I probably shouldn't say this but since creatine I've been waking up with "morning wood". It's been decades since that's happened.
    joe Henry

I can see why you want to keep taking it

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I can see why you want to keep taking it
    Funny : -) But, at my age, what's the point of getting "all dressed up" ... if there's no place to go?
    joe Henry

brongulus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Started creatine a couple of months ago. Two grams of HCL. Didn't bother with a "loading" period. A couple weeks ago I started noticing that I pee a lot. By a lot I mean a LOT!

It's annoying. Almost annoying enough to quit. Almost. I might but it seems to have made a difference in my workouts. A big difference. I started working out almost a year ago now. Progress was slow but steady (as in "I've been down so long that this looks like up to me"). Then progress suddenly accelerated.

I didn't even correlate the progress with the creatine until all the peeing started. But it didn't make sense as creatine is supposed to retain water so I googled it. Sure enough, I'm not the only one.

I've noticed coffee and/or beer exacerbate it, So, I guess, if I know I'm not going to be near any bathrooms for the day I can stay away from creatine (or beer/coffee) for that day?

Anyone else?
    Yeah thats normal cause of creatine's use of water to help harden muscles, you are going to require and "crave" water more often and then proceed to pee it all out

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Funny : -) But, at my age, what's the point of getting "all dressed up" ... if there's no place to go?
    Do you still have full dexterity with your hands at your age?

Originally Posted by brongulus View Post
    Yeah thats normal cause of creatine's use of water to help harden muscles, you are going to require and "crave" water more often and then proceed to pee it all out
    Well that would make sense but I'm not "craving" more water or drinking more. I'm actually drinking less ...
    joe Henry

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Do you still have full dexterity with your hands at your age?
    Uh, no thank you <lol>
    joe Henry

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stopping creatine for a day isn't going to do anything. It's a saturation-type supp so once you're saturated, it's going to take a week or more to flush it out of your system.
    I've been on it, non-stop, for over 25 yrs
    I pee a ton, all the time, but then again I drink a lot of water too so.....

As far as your hands...use your non-dominant hand. It's like someone else is doing it
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    Stopping creatine for a day isn't going to do anything. It's a saturation-type supp so once you're saturated, it's going to take a week or more to flush it out of your system.
    I've been on it, non-stop, for over 25 yrs
    I pee a ton, all the time, but then again I drink a lot of water too so.....

As far as your hands...use your non-dominant hand. It's like someone else is doing it
    Thank you. Good point. Guess skipping one day won't be much help. And I guess I'll have to stop *before!* the road trip. Road trip is for a week so I will be off of creatine for a week PLUS and I'll learn what I learn. When I get back I will pay more attention to liquid intake. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be something as simple as not having coffee and/or beer.

(I have noticed in the past if I have coffee *and* beer I get frequent urges to pee but they've always been old man dribbles, they've never been *massive* amounts.)

Regarding dominate / non-dominate hands uh, no, my imagination was never *that* good. (And, at my age, I'd probably forget what I was doing anyway. Kind of like walking into a room and forgetting why you're there : -)
    Last edited by joewattie; 09-15-2021 at 05:34 PM.
    joe Henry

Thank you. Good point. Guess skipping one day won't be much help. And I guess I'll have to stop *before!* the road trip. Road trip is for a week so I will be off of creatine for a week PLUS and I'll learn what I learn. When I get back I will pay more attention to liquid intake. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be something as simple as not having coffee and/or beer.
    Dude, pull over to the side of the road if you don't want to use a diner or gas station bathroom.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Dude, pull over to the side of the road if you don't want to use a diner or gas station bathroom.
    <lol> It's kinda hard to be telling the driver to pull over every 15 minutes. Even harder on toll roads / expressways with rest stops fifty miles apart. But just day-to-day life having to pee that often is a nuisance. I'll experiment some but maybe creatine is just not for me : -(
    joe Henry

<lol> It's kinda hard to be telling the driver to pull over every 15 minutes. Even harder on toll roads / expressways with rest stops fifty miles apart. But just day-to-day life having to pee that often is a nuisance. I'll experiment some but maybe creatine is just not for me : -(
    I think it might be a good idea to see a doc just in case it's not the creatine, but up to you.

Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have taken creatine mono for 2 months cycle on/off, also Kre-Alkalyn pills for couple of months. I never do loading phase just 3-5 gr. daily and the effects are similar each time, increase strength, water intake and little arm size.

Thank you for all the replies. I tried to push back our trip until I could "detox". That didn't work, we left even sooner, like the next morning.

The best I could do was to not take creatine that morning. The result was 500 miles with only two pee stops.

Moving forward I will take the suggestion to see a doctor. My doc is a crusty old guy (much like "Doc" from the old TV show "Gunsmoke") so I fully expect him to say something like, "You're old! Why are you messing with that crap?"

I will also try out the suggestion to take less. I currently take 2 grams. I will try 1.5 grams. Looking for a smaller scoop.

I missed my morning creatine. Sipping on it was as good, or better, than sipping on my morning cup of coffee. And, as such, it wasn't a bad morning pick-me-up.
    joe Henry