Waiting to Procrastinate DaJager_Meister's Avatar
    DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lipton Diet Green Tea....yay or nay?

What do you guys think, seems pretty good but I've heard some rumors that it's bad for you. The only thing I can possibly see wrong is it has salt but its only like 2% of your DV, so what gives?

CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000)
    I drink the diet version bottled ones. They're pretty good.
    ...Not with uncertainty. Thus I Fight:not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into Subjection...
    1 Corinthians 9:26-27

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own. You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm sure it's not as good for you as home brewed, I'd say it depends on the amount of splenda you allow in your diet, that stuff is pretty sweet. but it does taste damn good.

matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    liptons has like 32 carbs like 22g of sugar, dont drink that stuff its terrible for you, drink green tea (diet) and if ur drinking it to be healthy just take the pills instead it so much better and easier
    living life

CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000) CHM is just really nice. (+1000)
    the bottled version probably does'nt have as much antioxadants as brewed, but the diet version has zero sugars, and some antioxants.
    ...Not with uncertainty. Thus I Fight:not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into Subjection...
    1 Corinthians 9:26-27

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own. You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

saltwater09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saltwater09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saltwater09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saltwater09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saltwater09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saltwater09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saltwater09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saltwater09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saltwater09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saltwater09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saltwater09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CHM View Post
    the bottled version probably does'nt have as much antioxadants as brewed, but the diet version has zero sugars, and some antioxants.
    I read somewhere that the antioxidants in green tea breakdown signifigantly after 24hr of brewing.
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

He must be on creatine! slaydox's Avatar
    slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its a drink, Meant for flavor. I highly doubt it has all the health benefits as frech brewed otherwise youd see all these ads about how there green tea helps weight loss and fights cancer...thing is you dont lol. In that i conclude there is very little if any health benefits to there green tea. Might taste good though, Never tried it. lol

krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I drink this stuff. It tastes good. so is it good or bad?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117009511
    CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL

LIVE: krives55

TTKA

Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i drink it all the time, one thing is odd to me though,

it says honey in the ingredients list, are there traces of calories in servings or what?

obviously it is little to nothing, but i dont want to end up finding out its something like 30 calories...

anyone have anymore insight?

Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000)
    i used to drink 2 bottles a day for antioxidents/caffeine/good taste... it got damn expensive fast tho... just brew some tea yourself, its cheaper, imo tastes better (plenty of good teas out there).

If your looking for the fat burning effects of the green tea tho, i suggest supplementing instead of trying to get enough egcg from bottle/tea bags... i read somewhere that you would have to drink way too many each day to get enought egcg to make any real difference and make use of its effects.

one other experience of drinking that much tea was that i started getting some loose stools... so just watch out for that...
    200lbs. . . . . . . . . . . . I'll rep back 800+ :)
    YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE, TRAIN ACCORDINGLY

Christ Followers... Go here for study & Reps :D
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113796121

ESPNzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I drink the Diet Lipton Green Tea as well. There was a study in the J Clinical Nutrition that showed that green tea increases fat oxidation by about 5% overall. Of course, this could be due to their specific preperation (and also secondarily to caffeine). But it has no calories and tastes pretty good, and it might have the same ingredient that increases fatty acid oxidation by 5%.

Not a bad deal, beats drinking sodas or Starbucks for sure.

xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    diet lipton green tea is good.. but if your looking for antioxidants and crap go with the fresh stuff.

clovely is on a distinguished road. (+10) clovely is on a distinguished road. (+10) clovely is on a distinguished road. (+10) clovely is on a distinguished road. (+10) clovely is on a distinguished road. (+10) clovely is on a distinguished road. (+10) clovely is on a distinguished road. (+10) clovely is on a distinguished road. (+10) clovely is on a distinguished road. (+10) clovely is on a distinguished road. (+10) clovely is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I started drinking this to help me break a Diet Coke habit and I loved it! But then I realized it has Aspartame and Sodium Bicarbonate in it! The two biggest reasons I was trying to get off the Diet Coke!! Most people think I'm overreacting and paranoid about the diet sodas but I just urge moderation; this Liption Diet Green tea is really no better than any other diet soda (just maybe less caffeine).

I also fear that any benefit from the green tea is probably long since lost by the time it goes through all the processing it does to get into that bottle.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DaJager_Meister View Post
    What do you guys think, seems pretty good but I've heard some rumors that it's bad for you. The only thing I can possibly see wrong is it has salt but its only like 2% of your DV, so what gives?
    I've heard rumors too and some are true - like the rumor that it has artificial sweeteners - look at the label. So you either subscribe to "no artificial sweeteners" camp or you don't.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks guys. I didnt post this but I have now been informed.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117009511
    CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL

LIVE: krives55

TTKA

scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ESPNzone View Post
    I drink the Diet Lipton Green Tea as well. There was a study in the J Clinical Nutrition that showed that green tea increases fat oxidation by about 5% overall. Of course, this could be due to their specific preperation (and also secondarily to caffeine). But it has no calories and tastes pretty good, and it might have the same ingredient that increases fatty acid oxidation by 5%.

Not a bad deal, beats drinking sodas or Starbucks for sure.
    what is fat oxidation? Are the effects temporary? or permanant?

ESPNzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by scoch View Post
    what is fat oxidation? Are the effects temporary? or permanant?
    Fat oxidation is how your body converts fat into energy to use... its the chemical process by which fat loss occurs

The effects of green tea on increasing fat oxidation are temporary but can last throughout the day. Its a good adjunct to HIIT.

Given a choice between diet soda and diet green tea, Ill take the latter. The whole aspartame thing is much ado about nothing. Its funny to read people talking about ECA stacks but then fearing aspartame... ECA stacks are about 100X more dangerous than aspartame (and for the people who say ECA isnt dangerous... that is kind of my point about aspartame).