Hausisse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hausisse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hausisse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hausisse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hausisse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hausisse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hausisse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hausisse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hausisse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hausisse is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hausisse is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Anyone with PCOS?

Hey! I very well may have PCOS but have been considering going off of my birth control. (my lab values indicated PCOS, had acne, but no weight gain) I often hear of women who do this and their symptoms- weight gain included- return with a vengeance. The weight gain associated with PCOS is usually belly fat. So. Um. I've been lifting for a really long time, and I wasn't overweight when my doctor told me I ought to start taking the bcp for fear of PCOS, but I'm pretty scared of the dreaded midsection weight gain. I'm awfully slender, always have been. Any ladies out there with PCOS who have managed to stave off this side effect? How'd you do it? Should I start eating less carbs? (right now I'm at about 40% carbs 25% fat 35% protein)

cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Hausisse View Post
    Hey! I very well may have PCOS but have been considering going off of my birth control. (my lab values indicated PCOS, had acne, but no weight gain) I often hear of women who do this and their symptoms- weight gain included- return with a vengeance. The weight gain associated with PCOS is usually belly fat. So. Um. I've been lifting for a really long time, and I wasn't overweight when my doctor told me I ought to start taking the bcp for fear of PCOS, but I'm pretty scared of the dreaded midsection weight gain. I'm awfully slender, always have been. Any ladies out there with PCOS who have managed to stave off this side effect? How'd you do it? Should I start eating less carbs? (right now I'm at about 40% carbs 25% fat 35% protein)
    My doc suspects that I have PCOS...but after doing more research I sound much more aligned with hypothalamic amenorrhea. The only thing that allows me to get a normal working period is the pill..which I went off of last June and still have yet to get a period. All my blood work checks out perfectly normal, though, so i have no idea what to think. I have gained like almost 17 lbs since then (might be a mix of bulking plus coming off of bc) but still nada.

That aside I've heard of ladies with PCOS who make sure to minimize their carbs, eat plenty of fats, and stress the HIIT cardio. But I'm curious to see what other people say.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have pcos. Women with pcos have lower than average bmrs. While you generally hear people say to manage your weight via diet and then exercise for fitness, I find that the extra calories I burn via exercise are critical for weight management. Without them, I have to eat at an uncomfortably low calorie level in order to maintain or lose weight.

As far as my macros, I ate around 100g of carbs per day when I was heavier and trying to lose weight. I'm now at a healthier weight (though still working on losing) and have been able to up my carbs to something more normal like 200g per day. I mostly just focus on getting at least 120g of protein and 60g of fat, neither of which are hard for me to hit.

Amiens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amiens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amiens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amiens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amiens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amiens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amiens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amiens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amiens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amiens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amiens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have PCOS and went off the pill a month ago with no significant weight gain. Like you, weight gain was not one of my initial symptoms. So it's possible you have nothing to worry about.

rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    I have pcos. Women with pcos have lower than average bmrs. While you generally hear people say to manage your weight via diet and then exercise for fitness, I find that the extra calories I burn via exercise are critical for weight management. Without them, I have to eat at an uncomfortably low calorie level in order to maintain or lose weight.

As far as my macros, I ate around 100g of carbs per day when I was heavier and trying to lose weight. I'm now at a healthier weight (though still working on losing) and have been able to up my carbs to something more normal like 200g per day. I mostly just focus on getting at least 120g of protein and 60g of fat, neither of which are hard for me to hit.
    yes my exact situation too, run very well on very low kcals and as soon as eat something little bit more in kcals or bigger portions goes right on, very annoying and depressing
    .... Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event .... (Brian Tracy)
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Progress Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166412741

www.********.com/pages/IFBB-Figure-Ruta-Bunkute/417467198318609
    https://instagram.com/fitrut

LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I also have PCOS. I have been off of birth control for about 2 years because I only have one lady bubble (ovary) and don't get a monthly party anymore so doctor had me just stop BC. I have lost 220 pounds with PCOS and was able to stop taking the metformin which was great! I am cutting for a show right now and am at 1300 calories but haven't been on a scale but when I was losing my weight I was at about 1500-1800 calories a day, following a paleo type lifestyle and keeping carbs to just veggies and some sweet potato. I'm still able to cut for the show and haven't had too many issues aside from not getting my monthly party... no pms...no cramps... no tamps... I'm not complaining!
    Started at 350 pounds and 65% body fat
    Natural Women's Physique Competitor
    Future Ms. Natural Olympia

Motivadian and Lifestyle Coach

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Follow my shenanigans on Instagram: Fabulyss88

Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey,
    i also have pcos. ive always been thin all my life, have two kids, then boom out of no where pcos, i still dont know what caused it or how to get rid of it and god knows ive tired it all.
    that being said i believe everyone reacts different to carbs. i would say to stick to your current macros and see how it effect you that way you know for sure, i have changed my macros and diet constantly and even though i get bloated alot of the times ,wether its low or med carb or vacations with alot of carbs, i never gain weight.

Soderstream87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you Kitbean. I subbed to your user.

I was diagnosed 5 years ago, but I was convinced much earlier. I, as many, have been around to doctors back and forth only to be disbelieved. First doctor just plainly told me I was fat and I needed to stop eating fat. Eventually I went to a gyn who couldnt tell at all because she never heard about it. Many years later I got in contact with an expert, got my diagnose nad was put on Metformin. I felt ****, it was horrible. Belly pains and light headed all the time. Was ordinated an dietrician who basically told me to eat according to the "Eat well plate". I decided I had to look it up myself.

I found this thread and Kitbeans post gave me new hope and new motivation.
    I have started a 50 carb/day diet, with fat and proteins to fill my daily kcal on 1500 / day.
    I workout every day exept sunday, and I have a cheat meal once a week, but I still have a close eye on the carbs. Keeping away from grain and wheat. And I have during these 2weeks since I started lost almost 4 kg. I know alot of that might be water, but I didnt eat so much carbs before I switched, so I think atleast some of it is "real" fatloss.

And after so many tears and hopelessness, my boyfriend surprised me with the PCOS Diet Book one day.
    This is my "program".
    For this Im using Lifesum calorie counting app

1500 kcal / day
    53g carbs
    143 g protein
    80 g fat

Mon: Gym + weightlifting + Hiit
    Tue: Cardio
    Wed: Gym + weightlifting + Hiit
    Tur: Cario
    Fri: Gym + Weightlifting + Hiit
    Sat: Gym + Weightlifting + Hiit
    Sun: Off

taylerbabe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Does anyone know if PCOS is purely from genetics or is it something that can be avoided through lifestyle choices?

FSolP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think this has been a pretty great resource (fitnesssolutionsplus.ca/blog/pcos-weight-loss-diet-and-exercise) for figuring out a weight loss diet and exercise plan for PCOS. It also includes a list of supplements that are safe and effective (NAC, myo inositol, folic acid, etc.). I like that a lot of the mentioned exercises are even ones that you can do at home. Also, the list of foods that are good for PCOS is pretty lengthy, so there's plenty of recipes out there would work well (and still be delicious).

Hope that helps!

rosiehart0911 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hausisse View Post
    Hi Cysters, been diagnosed too with PCOS. I managed my symptoms by doing a strict low-carb diet. You know, sugar and carb is our top enemy. If you plan to start eating lesser carbs, I guess the low carb way of eating will really help. Goodluck, cyst!

AnnaPaul36 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey friends,
    I also have PCOS. What is the best exercise that can be do for PCOS. Eagerly waiting for your responses.

Thanks!