Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    RickStaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RickStaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RickStaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RickStaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RickStaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RickStaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RickStaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RickStaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RickStaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RickStaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) RickStaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    for most of these gyms can you just sign a contract by the month or do you have to do longterm ones?

Strength Sports for Life C Project's Avatar
    C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RickStaaa View Post
    for most of these gyms can you just sign a contract by the month or do you have to do longterm ones?
    Most of them are generally long term. Some make you a "deal" if you sign for a longer contract.
    Moved Squat, Bench, and Deadlift to Yoke, Log, and Stones.

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RickStaaa View Post
    A lot of the ones where I live (Minneapolis) have punch cards, so it's like $100 or so for 10 classes, and then the others are all month to month. I've only contacted one that had a year long contract, but all that did was make the membership cheaper, you could still just do month to month.

bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good posts, cgc.

I've decided to start training in MMA. I found a gym near me that does Muay Tai , BBJ and Boxing and Wreslting. I'm really looking to have fun and challenge myself.

I'm not too worried about my conditioning, because I've always been an athlete, but I'm sure the first month will hurt!

Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bkwill View Post
    Good posts, cgc.

I've decided to start training in MMA. I found a gym near me that does Muay Tai , BBJ and Boxing and Wreslting. I'm really looking to have fun and challenge myself.

I'm not too worried about my conditioning, because I've always been an athlete, but I'm sure the first month will hurt!
    Don't push your self too hard it takes time.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Junkie2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bkwill View Post
    Good posts, cgc.

Good luck.

I am doing the exact same thing. Just starting a gym next week with Muay Thai, BJJ, and boxing.
    NASM CPT

Lopez57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lopez57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lopez57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lopez57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lopez57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lopez57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lopez57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lopez57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lopez57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lopez57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lopez57 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    had a question what is the price range of the gyms you guys go to? because all the local gyms in my area are about 120-150 a month
    Last edited by Lopez57; 11-14-2008 at 12:37 AM.

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)
    my advice:

Don't Spaz your first time rolling. The last thing someone with any experience wants is for you to fight like you're fighting for your life the first time you roll. You fight like hell for 1 minute, get tired, then get choked, and no one gets anything out of that.

Act like you've been there before, even if you haven't. Do this without seeming like an arrogant, know it all douche.
    Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931161

bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) bkwill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    Don't push your self too hard it takes time.
    Thanks- I plan on easing into it.
    Originally Posted by Junkie2 View Post
    Good luck.

I am doing the exact same thing. Just starting a gym next week with Muay Thai, BJJ, and boxing.
    Yeah, good luck to you, too.

Originally Posted by ArchDukeOfTops View Post
    my advice:

Don't Spaz your first time rolling. The last thing someone with any experience wants is for you to fight like you're fighting for your life the first time you roll. You fight like hell for 1 minute, get tired, then get choked, and no one gets anything out of that.

Act like you've been there before, even if you haven't. Do this without seeming like an arrogant, know it all douche.
    Yeah, not even sure where, or how I'll start. I'm sure the first month will be rough, especially for the poor bastard(s) that have to work with me. HA!

One thing going against me though, will be my age. I'll be 40 tomorrow, so I've got that going against me. But I've got smarts and strength. Should be fun, no matter what!

EnigmaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnigmaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnigmaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnigmaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnigmaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnigmaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnigmaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnigmaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnigmaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnigmaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnigmaX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had my time rolling last week, it's really not as bad/intimidating as it looks. I was straight forward with my partner, "I'm new, this is my first time". I realized it's better to go about 50% while rolling, and learn what you can, don't be afraid to get submitted and tapped out...it's the only way to learn.

It also teaches you how to conserve your energy. My first roll I was putting a good bit into it, and trust me, after about 5 min's your done. The guy I was with was very helpful, I didn't hesitate to ask him what I could/should do from different positions while I was in them, or ask how I could have avoided that choke/submission, etc.

rocketscience21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocketscience21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocketscience21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocketscience21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocketscience21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocketscience21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocketscience21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocketscience21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocketscience21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocketscience21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocketscience21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheStender View Post
    A lot of the ones where I live (Minneapolis) have punch cards, so it's like $100 or so for 10 classes, and then the others are all month to month. I've only contacted one that had a year long contract, but all that did was make the membership cheaper, you could still just do month to month.
    Hey man, where in minneapolis are there clubs? I'm interested and from mn

Phydeaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phydeaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phydeaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phydeaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phydeaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phydeaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phydeaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phydeaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phydeaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phydeaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phydeaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cgc- great thread. I found a gym about 3 miles from my house that I never knew exsisted before thanks to the link you put up. I'm going to check the place out tonight.
    They teach BJJ, boxing, submission wrestling, MT, and a bunch of others. Unlimited training for $50/mo with a 2 week free trial. Does that sound like a pretty good deal? I figure for $20 a month more than my gym membership I get access to all the classes I want, plus a full gym. I will kinda miss the hot tub at Golds, though. lol.
    There is no conversation more boring than the one where everybody agrees.

Deputy_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deputy_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deputy_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deputy_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deputy_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deputy_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deputy_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deputy_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deputy_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deputy_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deputy_Diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome thread. Right up my alley too. I've been contemplating getting into training. After becoming a fan of MMA through Pride and the UFC a few years ago I thought about training but never too serious about it. Now I'm making a little money and I have a few friends into it I think I'm going to start training. I think it'd be a great cardio workout as well as a way to expand on defensive tactics.

bcooter- Love the Churchill quote in your sig
    JH34PG- im sick of all this about the yolk...so much mixed info out there..just eat the fckin yolk...

TC123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dont wanna do muy thai/bjj/mma but there is a kickboxing place in my town that offers classes three times at week for 50$ a month. how good of a deal is that?
    If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize. - Muhammed Ali

myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TC123 View Post
    i dont wanna do muy thai/bjj/mma but there is a kickboxing place in my town that offers classes three times at week for 50$ a month. how good of a deal is that?
    Thats a great deal, also take into account how many times you will actually go a week, if your fully committed thats a very good deal. From my experiences thats one of the best prices i have heard of.
    Last edited by myersk16; 12-16-2008 at 07:46 PM.

rich86 is just really nice. (+1000) rich86 is just really nice. (+1000) rich86 is just really nice. (+1000) rich86 is just really nice. (+1000) rich86 is just really nice. (+1000) rich86 is just really nice. (+1000) rich86 is just really nice. (+1000) rich86 is just really nice. (+1000) rich86 is just really nice. (+1000) rich86 is just really nice. (+1000) rich86 is just really nice. (+1000)
    So im going to my first thai boxing class, mma class and a beginner's bjj class (no gi).

What should I wear besides cup, mouth guard and no loose fitting clothes?

myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) myersk16 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rich86 View Post
    So im going to my first thai boxing class, mma class and a beginner's bjj class (no gi).

What should I wear besides cup, mouth guard and no loose fitting clothes?
    you could wear loose fitting sports shorts because im pretty sure the first time you go you won't have mma shorts, so sport shorts are acceptable. i also suggest some type of long sleeve under armour with a t-shirt over top. it will help with the mat burn. thats pretty much it, you got the rest.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by myersk16 View Post
    you could wear loose fitting sports shorts because im pretty sure the first time you go you won't have mma shorts, so sport shorts are acceptable. i also suggest some type of long sleeve under armour with a t-shirt over top. it will help with the mat burn. thats pretty much it, you got the rest.
    My first few classes, I wore basketball shorts and a t-shirt....
    Then I went with basketball shorts and a fitted t-shirt.
    Next, I bought some Sprawl shorts, then Korals - About the same time I picked up a short and long sleeve rash guard (under armour is not necessary).

I say all that to say this -
    You're fine starting out with a pair of basketball shorts and a fitted T-shirt.
    Not saying it can't happen, but I've never had any problems with rash burns with I've worn just a T-shirt or a rash guard by themselves....wearing both in my opinion is over kill.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

a3ki66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I sure wish someone would have told me this before the first time I ever went. LOL. I made it through though. I have recently moved back to the area where the gym is and cannot wait to get back in. Hopefully this time around, the guys won't be so hesitant to train and sparr with me. It's not like I am built like a little girl. I'm not gonna break! UGH! Anyway. If you haven't done it, do it. You'll freakin' love it.
    If you are in the Paris, Texas area, our MMA/BJJ gym is Headhunters. Look it up.
    "(A pump) is like having sex with a woman and cumming." -Arnold

You deserve what you settle for.

Right Mentality Necesary! ReedT's Avatar
    ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Totally glad I found this part of the forums! ^^

My piece of advice for first timers: A good gym will have fighters and instructors that will encourage you and help you, not try to scare you or beat the living hell out of you. My first few weeks of classes, I constantly kept getting winded and had to sit out because I was just not used to the conditioning or sparring. Every fighter I met would make helpful pointers and tell me to stick with it, things would eventually get easier. You dont have to feel intimidated if you don't have any background in MA and MMA is your first taste of contact sports.

I worried that my gym might be a McDojo as well (I got my black belt in TKD when I was young at a McDojo when I didnt know any better). Thankfully, my gym has contracts of 3,6,9 or 12 month contracts depending on what you want. Since my gym offers BJJ, MT, Boxing, and Grappling, you can choose which classes to take. So if you are interested in just MT and Boxing, you pay for those. If you want to learn everything, its $110/month and you can go to what class you want whenever you want. Plus, they got some decent workout gear as well. Full boxing ring, regulation octagon, LOTS of mat space, enough free weights to get the job done with some odd things here and there and a few cardio machines (think one step up from Never Back Down type gym).

MFC + NHL + R/P CLEAN_SET_OF_10's Avatar
    CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey guys I have a question.. I am going to be starting my first beginner's Gi BJJ class in a couple weeks..

What other gear besides the Gi do I need? Mouthguard? Cup? I don't think i need those but I'm just wondering, will rep.

I bought a Koral Gi on the internet, btw.
    "I'd rather be judged by 12 than be out my watch and wallet"

Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by r3v0luti0n View Post
    Hey guys I have a question.. I am going to be starting my first beginner's Gi BJJ class in a couple weeks..

What other gear besides the Gi do I need? Mouthguard? Cup? I don't think i need those but I'm just wondering, will rep.

That's good enough for your first class you'll see afterwards what you need.
    Veni Vidi Vici

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by r3v0luti0n View Post

Cup and mouth piece are good enough...and don't think you won't need them. Some guys I know don't wear a cup, but I got a knee ran across my nuts my second time in class and have not been with out one from that point on.

Other than that, some people will wear a rash guard under their gi....I personally wouldn't worry about it...but that's just me.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

real join date: Nov 2007 CrunkdaCaveman's Avatar
    CrunkdaCaveman is not very helpful. (-500) CrunkdaCaveman is not very helpful. (-500) CrunkdaCaveman is not very helpful. (-500) CrunkdaCaveman is not very helpful. (-500) CrunkdaCaveman is not very helpful. (-500) CrunkdaCaveman is not very helpful. (-500) CrunkdaCaveman is not very helpful. (-500) CrunkdaCaveman is not very helpful. (-500) CrunkdaCaveman is not very helpful. (-500) CrunkdaCaveman is not very helpful. (-500) CrunkdaCaveman is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    Cup and mouth piece are good enough...and don't think you won't need them. Some guys I know don't wear a cup, but I got a knee ran across my nuts my second time in class and have not been with out one from that point on.

Other than that, some people will wear a rash guard under their gi....I personally wouldn't worry about it...but that's just me.
    if your talking about the same type of gi im thinking about, seems like it would be really uncomfortable to fight in being that almost all mma is fought shirtless/no REAL uniform
    ~~GREEN STEEL~~
    bench-230x3
    squat-315x2
    deadlift-335x5

rollin on 24's

i rep back

Reps Owed:

Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CrunkdaCaveman View Post
    if your talking about the same type of gi im thinking about, seems like it would be really uncomfortable to fight in being that almost all mma is fought shirtless/no REAL uniform
    Strong unaware.

He is talking about BJJ, which uses gi.

FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Emoore View Post
    Excellent post. I'd only add one thing: I know it's hard when you're the type of fabulous phyical specimen that usually hangs around the bb.com misc, but try to go in with a humble, openminded attitude.
    this
    also there are people that are more suitable for wrestling and people that are more suitable for striking
    learn as much as you can for everything but play to your strengths.
    on terms of the bodybuilding regimen no
    you will not be able to bodybuild and be as good as the next guy in martial arts
    conditioning and lifting weights is going to be ok but if you're aspiring to be the next Jay Cutler crossed with GSP you're going to fail.
    and if you're decent at it don't be an a-hole remember the golden rule no matter how tough you are there's always somebody tougher

FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexGC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    Strong unaware.

He is talking about BJJ, which uses gi.
    Gi use can be applicable to jackets collars in the streets
    also doing gi work will strengthen your grip

MFC + NHL + R/P CLEAN_SET_OF_10's Avatar
    CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CLEAN_SET_OF_10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Quick question - is a belt absolutely necessary? I ordered a Gi online but if it doesn't come with a belt will I need to buy one for my first class?
    "I'd rather be judged by 12 than be out my watch and wallet"

Originally Posted by McBurrito View Post
    ugh yes you kinda of need a belt to hold the gi in place...

but yeah i just started gracie jiu jitsu/muay thai is it natural to puke when doing muay thai cardio cause i puked like crazy 10 minutes before class was over my whole body was like locked up
    i dont know about muay thai cardio because i havent done it, but its somewhat normal for mma circuits, especially if you are not used to it/in good enough shape, lots of guys at my gym do, and i sure did when i first started. i would imagine mma cardio and muay thai cardio are somewhat similar but idk...

G.K. is a name known to all. (+5000) G.K. is a name known to all. (+5000) G.K. is a name known to all. (+5000) G.K. is a name known to all. (+5000) G.K. is a name known to all. (+5000) G.K. is a name known to all. (+5000) G.K. is a name known to all. (+5000) G.K. is a name known to all. (+5000) G.K. is a name known to all. (+5000) G.K. is a name known to all. (+5000) G.K. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks, very helpful. Going to my first jujitsu class tonight and I was glad to see this info stickied.