Page 52 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 5464
    Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Quite a bit more interested in off road racing lately. Hill climbs, mud racing, Baja, ect.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Or like the Dakar Rally in Africa... There's actually a team of Disabled vets from Afganistan that are trying to qualify for the Dakar, either this year or next...

I'd rather see a guy with 2 prosthetic legs changing a tire in a Saharan sand dune than a Nascar driver drinking a red bull during a full camera shot while his pit crew conveniently fumbles with the Jack!
    a team of disabled vets sounds very cool and I would most definitely watch them do their thing.

You talk about Nascar like it ran over your puppy! I don't wanna start a nascar debate, but I am sure there is something about it you might like?
    ★cVc★

"Hes the reason for the tear drops on my barbell" -jordansrt

iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iccyman001 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Quite a bit more interested in off road racing lately. Hill climbs, mud racing, Baja, ect.
    Definitely love that stuff
    ★cVc★

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by iccyman001 View Post
    a team of disabled vets sounds very cool and I would most definitely watch them do their thing.

You talk about Nascar like it ran over your puppy! I don't wanna start a nascar debate, but I am sure there is something about it you might like?
    I suppose it's just the jaded former Ad Agency drone in me coming out... The more non-related logos you slap on something the lower my opinion of that thing becomes.

That and I worked with a company where the owner loved Nascar... He blew 75% of his ad budget on Nascar Sponsorships... BUT only 3 of his 25 locations were even in the same STATE as a Nascar event or raceway. Then he left the remaining 25% dribble for us to Market... Had to kiss his ass like he was doing us a favor... And when the campaign ended and he only got a 27% ROI (Return on Investment) he stiffed us (And Me) on the commission.

At the end of the day the Baby Boomer Generation has the highest percentage of piss poor business men... And they keep duping themselves into thinking glitzy stuff like Nascar and investing in the latest server technology that *** tells them to buy will do better for their business than sound marketing principles and thoughtful strategy.

So those two things combined, and the fact that I'd prefer F-1 and Rally better, kind of leave me dragging my oppinon of Nascar around like i can't wipe it off my shoe!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Yeah some of that Rock Crawl stuff is insane... Like you can't watch it just because it'll make you twitchy!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    I like all kinds of racing, but let's be honest here. F1 is about as exciting as watching paint dry. An "exciting" race is one where there are 5 or 6 passes for position in the entire race. Yeah, the cars are technological marvels and the ability of the drivers to handle such cars is far above any other series' drivers, but the racing itself is a snoozefest. Monaco is hellacool, though and the old Nurburgring is bitchin'.

F1 is cool, Nainoa, but if you don't like NASCAR because it's 'just going in circles and managing tires', you haven't really watched an F1 race. They are all limited to 1 pit stop, required to use certain tires, are only allowed so much fuel, etc, and they HAVE TEAM ORDERS IN WHICH THE #2 DRIVER IS REQUIRED TO SLOW DOWN TO LET THE #1 DRIVER PASS HIM! I remember one race in particular where Barichello was ordered to give up the lead in the last few meters of the race so Schumie would win.

Rally is cool, but with the staggered start, you never get to see who's really winning.

NASCAR in the last 5 years has become the bastard child of what it once was. All of the drivers are just spokesmen for their sponsors. There are a few crashes and some of the races get exciting, but you can pretty much watch the first 20 laps, take a 2 hour nap, and then watch the last 20 laps and not miss any excitement.

Open wheel dirt track racing is where it's at. Sprints, modifieds, midgets, outlaws, etc. Now that's some fun racing.
    Last edited by lhprop1; 02-01-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fitty and I stopped exchanging Nudes a long time ago... I didn't want him to feel intimidated by the vids of me doing nude jumping jacks!
    Y'all need to figure out WTF is going on with him not being able to log in, that is bravo sierra.

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Maybe. $12k/yr increase in pay, 4 10's schedule which I've been after for a long time. However it gets goofy, it's 3pm-2am schedule for the 4 10's and then I work 7 straight and off for 7 straight. Won't be a problem for me, but thinking it's gonna get weird for the family. Wife just put in for a $50/hr temporary RN position. Is this real life?
    $58/ hr here and I also get shift differential for nights as an R.N.

Crooks will be laughing so hard I won't even have to fire a shot.
    You can go kick them in the nuts and call them a bitch.

Or like the Dakar Rally in Africa... There's actually a team of Disabled vets from Afganistan that are trying to qualify for the Dakar, either this year or next...

I'd rather see a guy with 2 prosthetic legs changing a tire in a Saharan sand dune than a Nascar driver drinking a red bull during a full camera shot while his pit crew conveniently fumbles with the Jack!
    DAKAR is now in South America, Africa is WAY to unstable.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    $58/ hr here and I also get shift differential for nights as an R.N.
    wtf I don't even... How long you been RNing, brotato? I might need to make a damn career change here.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    wtf I don't even... How long you been RNing, brotato? I might need to make a damn career change here.
    Been a nurse for over 5 years, can't say I'll stic with it forever, just something I wanted to do. I'm back in school looking at becoming a CRNA in a year or so.

Back to rugby:

Y'all need to figure out WTF is going on with him not being able to log in, that is bravo sierra.

Chased out all the details to the point where it's essentially in his hands... And I nudged him to move on it, but no dice... So it's your turn to give him the texting and posting "Talk."

Considering the number of people in this thread with babies or expecting, we certainly couldn't use the presence of a guy who's raised SIX kids... What could fitty possibly contribute?????

6'4"

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

It's ****ing awesome route this year. I'd like to bike it.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Back to rugby:

I never bothered with a mouth guard. Yeah, I got a few teeth knocked out, but I've been told I'm too handsome the way it is. We props aren't supposed to be pretty and I think all of my muscle and lack of beer gut made me seem like an uppity prick to a lot of the other props . . . until we scrummed down and humbled them.

I started playing back in the mid 90s, so I'm the new breed of old school. I like it when I show up to practice and a new kid shows up and I can say "I've been playing since before you were born."
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post

It's ****ing awesome route this year. I'd like to bike it.
    Walked the upper part of it.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    I never bothered with a mouth guard. Yeah, I got a few teeth knocked out, but I've been told I'm too handsome the way it is. We props aren't supposed to be pretty and I think all of my muscle and lack of beer gut made me seem like an uppity prick to a lot of the other props . . . until we scrummed down and humbled them.

I started playing back in the mid 90s, so I'm the new breed of old school. I like it when I show up to practice and a new kid shows up and I can say "I've been playing since before you were born."
    Since the RA diagnosis I haven't played. There are days when it's a workout just to get moving in the morning which fukn blows panda cock!!

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, crap. Went to buy a Springfield XDM tonight and one of the local shops has a Springfield Range Officer 1911. For 200 bucks more than the XDM..........Always been in love with 1911s....

in omnia paratus

Wife had some false labor contractions last night after her most uncomfortable pregnant day yet.

Then after everything subsided and I got back to sleep the cat decided this was a novel time to start playing in the bedroom/office...

I feel hungover and I haven't even had a sip of booze since Friday night!
    6'4"

Wife had some false labor contractions last night after her most uncomfortable pregnant day yet.

Then after everything subsided and I got back to sleep the cat decided this was a novel time to start playing in the bedroom/office...

I feel hungover and I haven't even had a sip of booze since Friday night!
    Have a cup of coffee and go outside! You'll feel better. I'm off all week, woke up at 4:30 and feel great!!!!

How was your weekend?
    ★cVc★

Have a cup of coffee and go outside! You'll feel better. I'm off all week, woke up at 4:30 and feel great!!!!

How was your weekend?
    My weekend just sort of "Existed"

Had a couple of drinks and set up my seed racks friday night.

Saturday I came down with a bit of a sinus thing and just laid around all day trying to get my head to stop feeling like a brick.

Sunday my wife was uncomfortable and in a bad mood ALL day long, so I attempted to take care of her and make her more comfortable while she kept up an endless storm of nagging and cheap shot comments.

I did make some awesome riblets and seasoned fries with one of the best batches of Ciabatta bread I've ever made before. (Working on tweaking my Cibatta Recipe)

Then it looks like my truck doesn't have the connection clips for the car seat. Pisses me off because when I bought it the salesman told me that it met all the modern safety standards for car seats, and of course I never checked it out until last night.

Kind of wondering if I can just bolt and weld on anchor points to the metal of the cab?
    6'4"

My weekend just sort of "Existed"

Had a couple of drinks and set up my seed racks friday night.

Saturday I came down with a bit of a sinus thing and just laid around all day trying to get my head to stop feeling like a brick.

Sunday my wife was uncomfortable and in a bad mood ALL day long, so I attempted to take care of her and make her more comfortable while she kept up an endless storm of nagging and cheap shot comments.

I did make some awesome riblets and seasoned fries with one of the best batches of Ciabatta bread I've ever made before. (Working on tweaking my Cibatta Recipe)

Then it looks like my truck doesn't have the connection clips for the car seat. Pisses me off because when I bought it the salesman told me that it met all the modern safety standards for car seats, and of course I never checked it out until last night.

Kind of wondering if I can just bolt and weld on anchor points to the metal of the cab?
    nom nom nom some riblets sound great right now!!! We did a brisket.

What year is your truck? 97? Extended cab ford f150 correct? That doesn't sound right at all about it not meeting standards; the last thing I would do is weld in anchors. Nothing against your craftmanship, but when it comes to your babys saftey, just no....
    ★cVc★

nom nom nom some riblets sound great right now!!! We did a brisket.

What year is your truck? 97? Extended cab ford f150 correct? That doesn't sound right at all about it not meeting standards; the last thing I would do is weld in anchors. Nothing against your craftmanship, but when it comes to your babys saftey, just no....
    Well, I was going to have the mechanic do it etc...

It's a 2001 F-150, Super Crew... Supposedly the first year they offered a 4 door with a full back seat.

I could have just got an extended cab and saved $2K, but I wanted the 4 doors to help get my parents around in... And the baby seat anchors... Both of those were the big selling points that hinged me over to the 4 door to pay the extra $2K and live with the short box.

From what I could find there is one single hard point that looks more like you could attach a ratchet strap to it than a car seat. The thickness of it is even thicker than what the car seat will clip into.

When it comes to smoking meats... I've learned it's just a Pain to smoke at temps under 36 degrees (Especially if there's some wind) So I basically braised the riblets for 4 hours in a crock pot that was half water and half BBQ sauce... Until they were tender, then I brought them out and grilled and glazed them on the charcoal grill for 30 mins.

This spring I'm going to dragoon my friends into helping me with the fencing and greenhouse projects by smoking a brisket, and then feed them when we're done!
    6'4"

Well, I was going to have the mechanic do it etc...

It's a 2001 F-150, Super Crew... Supposedly the first year they offered a 4 door with a full back seat.

I could have just got an extended cab and saved $2K, but I wanted the 4 doors to help get my parents around in... And the baby seat anchors... Both of those were the big selling points that hinged me over to the 4 door to pay the extra $2K and live with the short box.

From what I could find there is one single hard point that looks more like you could attach a ratchet strap to it than a car seat. The thickness of it is even thicker than what the car seat will clip into.

When it comes to smoking meats... I've learned it's just a Pain to smoke at temps under 36 degrees (Especially if there's some wind) So I basically braised the riblets for 4 hours in a crock pot that was half water and half BBQ sauce... Until they were tender, then I brought them out and grilled and glazed them on the charcoal grill for 30 mins.

This spring I'm going to dragoon my friends into helping me with the fencing and greenhouse projects by smoking a brisket, and then feed them when we're done!
    I am sure they will be board!!! I am doing something similar with my garage. There is a beer that only us eastern folk know about and it's called yeungling! It doesn't make its way out here at all. I brought a couple casess back from florida and people have been offering me triple what I paid for them. So I'll probably do some ribs and just let them drink all the beer there want til it's finished.

I don't blame you for not wanting to battle those temps.... even more with the wind. I will take cold all day, but I cannot stand the wind.

I'd be scared even having a mechanic doing anchors. You and I both know they could do a good job, but being it would be my child, I would never do it. What kind of car does your wife have?
    ★cVc★

I am sure they will be board!!! I am doing something similar with my garage. There is a beer that only us eastern folk know about and it's called yeungling! It doesn't make its way out here at all. I brought a couple casess back from florida and people have been offering me triple what I paid for them. So I'll probably do some ribs and just let them drink all the beer there want til it's finished.

I don't blame you for not wanting to battle those temps.... even more with the wind. I will take cold all day, but I cannot stand the wind.

I'd be scared even having a mechanic doing anchors. You and I both know they could do a good job, but being it would be my child, I would never do it. What kind of car does your wife have?
    My wife has a Taurus which does have the correct anchor clips, and we intend to use her car as the primary vehicle to transport the kid.

But lets say I run into a situation where my wife goes to work on a Saturday (Half Hour drive away) Kid slips and falls and breaks her arm or whatever and I need to take her to the ER, now I'd have no way to take her there safely, unless I like... Call an ambulance.

Or say the kid is sick on a Wednesday night... Horrible fever and there is a massive blizzard outside, my Wife's car wouldn't make it to the end of the 850 foot driveway let alone the 20 minute drive to the hospital on crappy country roads... But the F-150 will get her there!

It's those situations that I worry about not having some kind of back up plan for. When it comes to us just running to town for Family Supper at Perkins or driving up to Mother in Laws... We always use my wife's car anyway since she gets car sick if she's not behind the wheel etc...
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My wife has a Taurus which does have the correct anchor clips, and we intend to use her car as the primary vehicle to transport the kid.

But lets say I run into a situation where my wife goes to work on a Saturday (Half Hour drive away) Kid slips and falls and breaks her arm or whatever and I need to take her to the ER, now I'd have no way to take her there safely, unless I like... Call an ambulance.

Or say the kid is sick on a Wednesday night... Horrible fever and there is a massive blizzard outside, my Wife's car wouldn't make it to the end of the 850 foot driveway let alone the 20 minute drive to the hospital on crappy country roads... But the F-150 will get her there!

It's those situations that I worry about not having some kind of back up plan for. When it comes to us just running to town for Family Supper at Perkins or driving up to Mother in Laws... We always use my wife's car anyway since she gets car sick if she's not behind the wheel etc...
    Can't you still use the good old fashioned seat belt connection method, if all else fails?
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    Can't you still use the good old fashioned seat belt connection method, if all else fails?
    That's what I thought, until I hooked it up and it was still way to loose. I mean sure the car seat isn't going to go flying through the front windshield if I stomp on the brakes to avoid a deer... But the seat would have 6 inches of play in 3 directions, so every turn, every stop, every fish tail on an icy road and the baby is just sort of sloshing around back there.

I did JUST find this on line: But I can't say that it really makes any sense...

The front seat has 1 top tether anchor for the front passenger seat if equipped with front bucket seats, and there are 2 tether anchors (1 for the front passenger seat and 1 for the front center seat) if equipped with a front bench seat. The front seat tether anchor(s) is located at the bottom of the back of the vehicle seat. The 2001 Super Cab's back seat has 3 top tether anchors, and the LATCH manual entry notes these install details: For the second row center: thread the tether strap through the loop located directly behind the vehicle seat where the carseat is located. Attach the tether hook to the tether loop located behind the passenger or driver seating position. For the second row outboard: Thread the tether strap through the loop located directly behind the vehicle seat where the carseat is located. Attatch the tether hook to the tether loop located behind the center seating position. May tether two outboard carseats to center tether anchor at same time.

Also noted in the LATCH manual entry, and indicating you really need to seek out the owner's manual if you ever install in the front seat: Passenger-side air bag on/off switch; see owner's manual for more information.
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's what I thought, until I hooked it up and it was still way to loose. I mean sure the car seat isn't going to go flying through the front windshield if I stomp on the brakes to avoid a deer... But the seat would have 6 inches of play in 3 directions, so every turn, every stop, every fish tail on an icy road and the baby is just sort of sloshing around back there.

I did JUST find this on line: But I can't say that it really makes any sense...

The front seat has 1 top tether anchor for the front passenger seat if equipped with front bucket seats, and there are 2 tether anchors (1 for the front passenger seat and 1 for the front center seat) if equipped with a front bench seat. The front seat tether anchor(s) is located at the bottom of the back of the vehicle seat. The 2001 Super Cab's back seat has 3 top tether anchors, and the LATCH manual entry notes these install details: For the second row center: thread the tether strap through the loop located directly behind the vehicle seat where the carseat is located. Attach the tether hook to the tether loop located behind the passenger or driver seating position. For the second row outboard: Thread the tether strap through the loop located directly behind the vehicle seat where the carseat is located. Attatch the tether hook to the tether loop located behind the center seating position. May tether two outboard carseats to center tether anchor at same time.

Also noted in the LATCH manual entry, and indicating you really need to seek out the owner's manual if you ever install in the front seat: Passenger-side air bag on/off switch; see owner's manual for more information.
    What I've done in the past is get the seatbelt hooked up and then pull it as tight as possible and then do a quick yank to engage the pre-tensioner so that it holds it tight in place. It may still move a little side to side, but for safety purposes, it is super snug.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    What I've done in the past is get the seatbelt hooked up and then pull it as tight as possible and then do a quick yank to engage the pre-tensioner so that it holds it tight in place. It may still move a little side to side, but for safety purposes, it is super snug.
    I don't know that it will pass my wife's "New Mother" test!

My "Guess" is that the anchor system I have in there with the single big anchor point tucked behind the seat is meant for a different brand of car seat than the one that came with the stroller combo.

I didn't have a ton of time to look it over hard core yesterday with my wife nagging in my ear... So I intend to give it another look this afternoon on my lunch.

(I'm having a Non-Day Monday waiting on paperwork and clients)

EDIT: Okay so after 10 calls in a row where no one even answered, I went up and grabbed the owners manual.

Basically, if I'm understanding it correctly... it says that if you have Tether Anchor car seat that it will not work to code in the F-150, but that you can use the old fashioned seat belt system on Front Facing car seats. But it called "Tethering Anchors" for Rear facing car seats an "Accessory."

Sounds like it met the code for 2001, they knew the code was going to change in the future, but they didn't implement that until the 2003 model.
    Last edited by Nainoa; 02-04-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    6'4"

testing
    6'4"

I'm ready for this week to be over. At least I'll be home thursday and Friday watching the plumbers re-pipe the house and install all our new filtration and conditioning equipment.

in omnia paratus

Just got back from some gun store browsing and antique/pawn store shopping.

I had to walk away from a beautiful .308 bolt action ruger because I don't need it, I just want it. Bought a few coins though. One of the gun owners tried buying my gun off my hip and one of the pawn store owners wanted my watch. I was the one who was suppose to be doing the buying
    ★cVc★

I'm ready for this week to be over. At least I'll be home thursday and Friday watching the plumbers re-pipe the house and install all our new filtration and conditioning equipment.
    Yeah I've got a conditioning/filtration/softener system... Previous owner rented a high end unit... And then I renegotiated it due to it being 5 years old. Like the first shower after it runs the cycle I swear the water is so soft you don't know if you'll ever get the soap off you.

I literally use a third less bodywash now than at the old place... Some marketing genius somewhere should use that as a tag line!
    6'4"

Yeah, this conditioner doesn't use any salt. Don't ask me all the details, but I know it DOUBLES the warranties on all the other stuff.

in omnia paratus