Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    CurlsfotheGirls is a name known to all. (+5000) CurlsfotheGirls is a name known to all. (+5000) CurlsfotheGirls is a name known to all. (+5000) CurlsfotheGirls is a name known to all. (+5000) CurlsfotheGirls is a name known to all. (+5000) CurlsfotheGirls is a name known to all. (+5000) CurlsfotheGirls is a name known to all. (+5000) CurlsfotheGirls is a name known to all. (+5000) CurlsfotheGirls is a name known to all. (+5000) CurlsfotheGirls is a name known to all. (+5000) CurlsfotheGirls is a name known to all. (+5000)
    inn and bump

i need to fix this
    **dont believe anything the misc says crew**
    **looks at self in every reflective surface crew**

KingBert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingBert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingBert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingBert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingBert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingBert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingBert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingBert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingBert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingBert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingBert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I haven't seen a BroBrah reply in a while so I guess I'll leave this question to the general audience to answer.

I started doing the stretches and the foam rolling. I bought the foam roller off of bb.com (Altus foam roller). It started warping after a couple weeks. I started noticing an improvement in my APT, but of course I got lazy and stopped rollin' and stopped stretching.

1) Either way, my question is: Has anyone bought their foam roller from the website BroBrah gave? I want a foam roller that is merciless. One that isn't going to warp. If anybody got one of those from a website, please recommend it to me. (in b4 PVC pipe or wooden log recommendations.)

2) Also, someone said you can't strengthen your lower back while working on APT? Is that correct? Or does it simply slow down progress rather than end it? I want to be able to do deadlifts and not have this affect my routine as I think this battle against APT is going to be a long one.

3) Finally, I think someone asked this but don't think it got answered. If my spine is curved, does this mean that after straightening it I would be slightly taller? Also, does this affect one's balance and by straightening the spine a person would have better ability of body control while playing sports?

Please give any recommendation for a hard, merciless foam roller! Thanks guys.

TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KingBert View Post
    I haven't seen a BroBrah reply in a while so I guess I'll leave this question to the general audience to answer.

I started doing the stretches and the foam rolling. I bought the foam roller off of bb.com (Altus foam roller). It started warping after a couple weeks. I started noticing an improvement in my APT, but of course I got lazy and stopped rollin' and stopped stretching.

1) Either way, my question is: Has anyone bought their foam roller from the website BroBrah gave? I want a foam roller that is merciless. One that isn't going to warp. If anybody got one of those from a website, please recommend it to me. (in b4 PVC pipe or wooden log recommendations.)

2) Also, someone said you can't strengthen your lower back while working on APT? Is that correct? Or does it simply slow down progress rather than end it? I want to be able to do deadlifts and not have this affect my routine as I think this battle against APT is going to be a long one.

3) Finally, I think someone asked this but don't think it got answered. If my spine is curved, does this mean that after straightening it I would be slightly taller? Also, does this affect one's balance and by straightening the spine a person would have better ability of body control while playing sports?

Please give any recommendation for a hard, merciless foam roller! Thanks guys.
    To answer your questions:

1) Foam rollers come in different densities. The more dense they are the harder and less likely to warp. As I live in UK i cannot recommend any websites suitable for you however I did find the more you spend, generally the better the quality.

2) APT is not directly linked to lower back weakness, however one of the symtoms is the lower back getting very tight. Strengthening it will not have an impact however, you should be working on strengthening your glutes and hamstrings more to help hold your pelvis in the correct position naturally. Feeling deadlifts on your lower back usually means your are not working your glutes as much as you should, hence it isnt helping overall. Drop the weights and concentrate purely contracting the glutes in the final stage of the deadlift.

3) No you will not be taller however with your natural posture improving throughout your body you may well feel like you are (ie chest up, shoulders back). Balance and body control will be affected in a positive way, your core will be stronger and you will feel more body power, however this will take time as you are correcting a problem that has been in the making for a majority of your life

To all the other people who are asking whether these exercises "work" or who has "cured" their APT, it simply doesnt happen like that. APT is a problem with your posture, the only cure is yourself. If you are not consistent with your work and practice good posture constantly you will always keep slipping back into bad habits. It takes time and dedication. If you are anything like me, then it is probably something you will have to keep up for a long long time.
    Tight lower back? Aching knees? Poor hip flexor mobility? Weak glutes?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130876763

-=[Misc Scotch Crew]=-
    ***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

ajh52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheKoiCarp View Post
    To answer your questions:

To all the other people who are asking whether these exercises "work" or who has "cured" their APT, it simply doesnt happen like that. APT is a problem with your posture, the only cure is yourself. If you are not consistent with your work and practice good posture constantly you will always keep slipping back into bad habits. It takes time and dedication. If you are anything like me, then it is probably something you will have to keep up for a long long time.
    Great post! I've had APT pretty much since puberty (15 years or so). It's crazy to think I can fix it over night. I've been working hard to correct it for 2.5 months, and I definitely notice a difference.

EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I thought I would post and let you guys know that I'm definitely getting better. The pain has been significantly reduced.

So keep at it!

britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow someone recommended me this thread, and i have really bad APT.

To the point where im that dedicated to get it sorted, im just fed up with the names, cause im bulking the added fat isnt helping, at first i thought it was me just getting loads bf there, but my back curves in so.

Ive read all posts and the guy that created this is a legend in my opinion, and i hope you read this..

I was wondering with squeezing glutes while sitting down help at all??

conadunto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) conadunto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) conadunto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) conadunto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) conadunto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) conadunto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) conadunto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) conadunto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) conadunto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) conadunto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would like to know this as well?

Can someone answer this?

Originally Posted by grindle View Post
    Hiya - Just a quick question, I'm going to start doing the guide you posted here: http://www.performbetter.com/catalog...FoamRoller.pdf

There are about 7 pages in the guide - Do we do all 7 pages? Some of the exercises don't seem applicable to APT which is why I ask. If not, which ones do we do and for how long for each exercise? Or how many set/reps if that's how it works.

If these have been answered already I apologize, I originally read this thread a while back and don't recall if they had been. If so, throwing me the page number would be great.

Thanks so much!

MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000)
    been having some pain in my lower back, not sure if i have this "condition" but ill let you guys decide, Also after my workout today i started getting this weird pain in my knee, not painful just annoying, not sure if maybe it was because i did squats and tried forcing out "with decent form" a few more reps or what.

EDIT: sorry if pictures too big, idk how to resize

jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    in for later reading

repped for write up

itsame will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsame will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsame will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsame will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsame will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsame will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsame will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsame will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsame will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsame will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsame will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im finding my abs are starting to look weird. probably because i never seen them with my pelvis not tilted . hopefully some strengthening/hypertrophy will bring my abs back to what they looked like without sacrificing posture
    Last edited by itsame; 07-18-2011 at 11:18 PM.
    90% troll.

TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by itsame View Post
    im finding my abs are starting to look weird. probably because i never seen them with my pelvic not tilted . hopefully some strengthening/hypertrophy will bring my abs back to what they looked like without sacrificing posture
    back on your old account now? hella. Finally green again. Yeah just start doin some planks man, they help a ton. I didn't know you had a pelvic tilt as well.

BTW guys the only thing you need to do with the foam roller is quads, hip flexors, and spinal erectors. You don't need to follow that whole guide. Everyone is asking me if you do and no, do not follow the whole guide.

SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Do the exercises help with the forward leaning neck or other exercises should be done to fix that?

shiarua is on a distinguished road. (+10) shiarua is on a distinguished road. (+10) shiarua is on a distinguished road. (+10) shiarua is on a distinguished road. (+10) shiarua is on a distinguished road. (+10) shiarua is on a distinguished road. (+10) shiarua is on a distinguished road. (+10) shiarua is on a distinguished road. (+10) shiarua is on a distinguished road. (+10) shiarua is on a distinguished road. (+10) shiarua is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Would an inversion table help with APT correction? I've read very little on using an inversion table to fix Lordosis, just that it "may" help...

itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP do i haz the ATP? I dont have back/knee pain at all and decent glute activation during deads/ATG squats..me thinks i have it

inb4 strong posters
    ASU
    back in the gym..disgonbgood
    MISC Golf crew
    MISC Vokey Crew

Follow me getting PHAT
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137442933&pagenumber=

TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by itsshizzlee1 View Post
    OP do i haz the ATP? I dont have back/knee pain at all and decent glute activation during deads/ATG squats..me thinks i have it

inb4 strong posters
    Yes you do have it. Look how far your gut protrudes past your chest. And the major arch in your spine.

Registered User RodneyAnonymous's Avatar
    RodneyAnonymous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey BroBrah, thanks for this great post. I have a question - I'm not entirely clear on what muscles I should be working with the foam roller. Is it the same as the ones I am stretching? (Hip flexors, quads)

benchtochest is just really nice. (+1000) benchtochest is just really nice. (+1000) benchtochest is just really nice. (+1000) benchtochest is just really nice. (+1000) benchtochest is just really nice. (+1000) benchtochest is just really nice. (+1000) benchtochest is just really nice. (+1000) benchtochest is just really nice. (+1000) benchtochest is just really nice. (+1000) benchtochest is just really nice. (+1000) benchtochest is just really nice. (+1000)
    just reveived my roller, but couple questions:

how long are you supose to do each rolling excercise?

still dont understand how rolling your muscles and streching is supose to get lordosis out of the way?

PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oh thank you so much for this. Work (much much heavy lifting) has been killing my posture and making me feel more and more dead every week. Being cheap and far too sore to wait for shipping I went and got a PVC tube (they only had 4" ones so that wrapped up in gauze) and will report my results. So far I don't really get it, but that's because I need to learn the exercises 100% & get a routine.

BTW I sell people's personal property all the time and kind of think I see these things get thrown out all the time. If I start collecting a few clean nice ones I'll post a heads up.
    ≡nlightenment €rew

chiefnz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chiefnz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chiefnz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chiefnz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chiefnz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chiefnz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chiefnz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chiefnz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chiefnz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chiefnz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chiefnz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This thread is epic.

Was wondering weather you guys thought sitting in a chair like this at work would help posture?

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/CamelJockey/

If you have an avi, gays are beating off to you. Congrats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw6G2e5rS0Q

EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chiefnz View Post
    This thread is epic.

Was wondering weather you guys thought sitting in a chair like this at work would help posture?

.....how exactly do you sit on that? I'm confused. lol

forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^it's a kneel chair, they're ok but can load up pressure on the knees (you can also still slouch your upper body just as much as a normal chair). worth using every now and then though.

some of my experiences with APT correction:

*Go to a physio (preferably one that works within a gym) for the best evaluation. they can check your form on lifts with relation to APT and advise, not all APT is equal.

*APT for me caused lower back rounding on pull exercises (squat/dead) - this lead to lower back injuries as I used more weight. Be careful of this! Avoid deep squats until you're able to control your hips properly - despite everyone saying you must ATG squat.

*Do box squats instead.

*Look side on in the mirror while slowly body weight squatting to see where/if your tailbone curls down - if it does, do not squat to this depth until your form is better, otherwise you risk injury.

*Consider dropping deadlifts totally until you learn to fire the glutes.

*Again, if you have any lower back pain don't do deads, rdl, single lead deads - they only make it worse.

*Put a stretch band around your ankles or knees and do side and front walks to get the hips and glutes firing before your workout. don't let your knees fold inward (common with weak glutes/hips i think). same goes for squats, drive the knees outward slightly - over the toes (which are also pointed outwards slightly).

*Try squatting with a wider stance.

*Don't use a wooden block under your heels on squats

*Make sure you have flat sole shoes during your training

*Don't walk on your toes (tip toe) ever

*Try kick backs as a warmup exercise. Jog with short steps kicking your heel back into your ass.

*Never push through your toes on a squat or deadlift, always heels. This will instantly move the load to your glutes and hams instead of your quads.

*Don't poke your head forward when reading / looking at your monitor.

*Don't stand up so straight that you hyperextend backwards, i.e. the millitary posture, this happens when you try to overcorrect but is bad. Just try to stay neutral.

*Avoid the leg press with APT, it slams your lower back.

TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000)
    and sit properly when miscing!
    Tight lower back? Aching knees? Poor hip flexor mobility? Weak glutes?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130876763

-=[Misc Scotch Crew]=-
    ***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

Originally Posted by forcasa View Post
    ^it's a kneel chair, they're ok but can load up pressure on the knees (you can also still slouch your upper body just as much as a normal chair). worth using every now and then though.

*Go to a physio (preferably one that works within a gym) for the best evaluation. they can check your form on lifts with relation to APT and advise, not all APT is equal.

*APT for me caused lower back rounding on pull exercises (squat/dead) - this lead to lower back injuries as I used more weight. Be careful of this! Avoid deep squats until you're able to control your hips properly - despite everyone saying you must ATG squat.

*Do box squats instead.

*Look side on in the mirror while slowly body weight squatting to see where/if your tailbone curls down - if it does, do not squat to this depth until your form is better, otherwise you risk injury.

*Again, if you have any lower back pain don't do deads, rdl, single lead deads - they only make it worse.

*Put a stretch band around your ankles or knees and do side and front walks to get the hips and glutes firing before your workout. don't let your knees fold inward (common with weak glutes/hips i think). same goes for squats, drive the knees outward slightly - over the toes (which are also pointed outwards slightly).

*Try squatting with a wider stance.

*Don't use a wooden block under your heels on squats

*Make sure you have flat sole shoes during your training

*Don't walk on your toes (tip toe) ever

*Try kick backs as a warmup exercise. Jog with short steps kicking your heel back into your ass.

*Never push through your toes on a squat or deadlift, always heels. This will instantly move the load to your glutes and hams instead of your quads.

*Don't poke your head forward when reading / looking at your monitor.

*Don't stand up so straight that you hyperextend backwards, i.e. the millitary posture, this happens when you try to overcorrect but is bad. Just try to stay neutral.

*Avoid the leg press with APT, it slams your lower back.
    Thanks a ton for the advices. +rep

But with that said, what do you think would be a good program for those with APT, or recovering from APT? I would prefer something as simple as possible.

forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any program that works for you should be fine, just incorporate the glute/ham/posterior related stuff at the start of the session (at the start because it will help activate the muscles for the rest of the workout), and finish on core.
    I like HST myself.

Do your activation and stretches in the morning, on your lunch break, before bed - and any other time you feel like it. Someone said holding the glutes often, that's a good idea too.

I do something like this when I get out of bed:
    12x Leg crossovers to loosen the lumbar

12x Cat/camel

Psoas stretch, 30-60 seconds each side x2

Quad stretch, 30-60 seconds each side x2

Quick bit of foam rolling and maybe some band walks or glute bridge.

Any program that works for you should be fine, just incorporate the glute/ham/posterior related stuff at the start of the session (at the start because it will help activate the muscles for the rest of the workout), and finish on core.
    I like HST myself.

Do your activation and stretches in the morning, on your lunch break, before bed - and any other time you feel like it. Someone said holding the glutes often, that's a good idea too.

I do something like this when I get out of bed:
    12x Leg crossovers to loosen the lumbar

12x Cat/camel

Psoas stretch, 30-60 seconds each side x2

Quad stretch, 30-60 seconds each side x2

Quick bit of foam rolling and maybe some band walks or glute bridge.
    Cool, that's similar to this T-Nation article I've been following (which was posted on the first page):

http://figureathlete.t-nation.com/fr...r_body_posture

But what are your thoughts on stretching the spine? Stuart McGill, and many other experts, believe that the spine is strictly for stability rather than mobility. I'm actually thinking about taking out all of my back stretches and see how it goes, since the pain hasn't gotten much better. (I spoke too soon before it seems).

SwagPanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwagPanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwagPanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwagPanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwagPanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwagPanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwagPanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwagPanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwagPanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can lordosis cause neck pain? my neck is killing me i'm sure i have khyposis aswell as lordosis from years of bad posture. been doing hip flexor, hamstring, quad, and chest stretchs with no improvements for 3 weeks only just started going to the gym. do you think if i continue to work my back, glutes, hamstrings and abs my problems might improve?
    Last edited by SwagPanther; 08-10-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Codiey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

*Do box squats instead.

Wouldn't Box Squats make the problem worse? I mean your sitting down with a whole bunch of weight pressing down on your body. Would that not bend your Spine into more of a Lordosis posture in the long run?

If anything Kneeling Squats and ATG Squats would be better because they allow you to work your glutes more than anything..ATG Squats because your lower to the ground(as long as you use a wide stance) and Kneeling Squats because it works specifically for the Glutes.

In terms of Deadlifts I am guessing the Sumo deadlift would be preferred for working your glutes? Since it works your hams and glutes more than anything else?

When you say to have your knees over your toes I am guessing you mean for walking and not for squating yes?

OK, I stopped stretching my lower back a few days ago and it definitely seems to be helping. But it could be other factors, I don't know.

BTW, here's an article written by a friend of the BrohBrah, who supposedly told BroBrah everything he knows about this stuff:

http://thetheoryoffatloss.blogspot.c...al-limits.html

He also says not to stretch the lower back. Just the quads and hip flexors.

Codiey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by EpyonCustom View Post
    OK, I stopped stretching my lower back a few days ago and it definitely seems to be helping. But it could be other factors, I don't know.

BTW, here's an article written by a friend of the BrohBrah, who supposedly told BroBrah everything he knows about this stuff:

http://thetheoryoffatloss.blogspot.c...al-limits.html

He also says not to stretch the lower back. Just the quads and hip flexors.
    Doesn't say that you shouldn't work the lower back, just that he doesn't recommend it. And to do the "cat/camel mobility drill"

itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000) itsshizzlee1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Been working on my APT for maybe two weeks now, noticing some improvement. What seems to be working for me is

-foam rolling every day i lift
    -static stretches every day, preferably after a shower
    -cut out all quad work on leg day, now its all glute/ham stuff (dropped weight on squats so i could feel it in hams/hips/glutes instead of quads) also do glute bridges every other workout
    -practice good posture by squeezing glutes while standing/walking. felt really weird at first but becoming more natural
    ASU
    back in the gym..disgonbgood
    MISC Golf crew
    MISC Vokey Crew

Follow me getting PHAT
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137442933&pagenumber=

Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast