Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    i'm proud of you too, for finishing. that first day back for leg day is a killer. i'm going to peek in here and see how you are tomorrow. water water water, girl!
    My gawd...I knew this am was going to be rough when my legs hurt last night. Having trouble with cramping, so I have to be more diligent with mineral supplementation.

I am thankful work hasnt started, that would be a rough day lol! Today is upper body, but I am still sore from Sunday....*wahhhhh*

Will be back later to log the WO.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How those legs feeling today?
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    How those legs feeling today?
    I am not loving live atm hahaha! Hopefully I will get mad noob gainzez.
    "Choice is ours whether

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Upper Body + Mod Cardio

Using this thing. I know its not ideal, but its fun and versatile so, eh. http://totalbodyexperts.com/precor-a...ufactured.html

20 mins at mod exertion. 200 cal goal met.

Bench Press 4x5 @65#
    Military Press 4x5 @50#
    Rack Pulls 4x8 @85# (could have gone higher, but keep getting stuck on form being off)
    BB rows 3x8 @45#
    V-bar rows 3x8 @66#
    DB lateral raises 3x8 @8#
    BB skull crushers 3x8 @30#
    Preacher curls 3x8 @30#

This workout was way less difficult than yesterday. I am thankful I have this program because I would not be interested in going in at all again this week hahaha! I am interested to see where he is going this this program. And I will continue to give it my best.

Going to have to start learning better time management with work and the gym. Sigh. That is what makes or breaks me.

Also started BCAAs in hopes of faster recovery. With my active job I cannot afford to be crippled up like this.

Off to make dinner, and spend some time with my kiddo and hubs!

Macros:
    P:130 C:182 F:61
    Last edited by serinebean; 10-26-2016 at 07:17 AM.
    "Choice is ours whether

anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Time management is key. And once you get a couple of these workouts under your belt, the doms won't be as bad
    Team Ogre Mascot

Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wahoo, you're just diving right in! Yeah those doms will get better, you're gonna make it OP.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ah the dreaded DOMS! Its just the greatest, isn't it.

After a few consistent workouts, it'll all be good.

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ah yes time management ..i remember when Brittany was little that was always tough. Trying to find that balance..Looks like a killer machine. You know i have never used a stepper but then again i have always worked out at home. My daughter loves them...
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Time management is key. And once you get a couple of these workouts under your belt, the doms won't be as bad
    Good! Because this is rough lol!!
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Wahoo, you're just diving right in! Yeah those doms will get better, you're gonna make it OP.
    Tiger balm, youre my only friend!
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Ah the dreaded DOMS! Its just the greatest, isn't it.

After a few consistent workouts, it'll all be good.
    I remember not being able to get sore! No matter what I did!
    Yes, this will remind me not to quit again, because I dont want to start again hahaha!

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    Ah yes time management ..i remember when Brittany was little that was always tough. Trying to find that balance..Looks like a killer machine. You know i have never used a stepper but then again i have always worked out at home. My daughter loves them...
    I know some people will say its not good cardio, but it gets my HR, its exciting, and its easy on the joints. Its a stepper, and an elliptical, and it goes in reverse too.

Z goes to the park with dad while I go to the gym, it works out well.
    "Choice is ours whether

I havent been in school for 2 years, so I had to do a brush up on DOMS: why it happens, time for recovery, and is it necessary for growth?

I still am not satisfied with what I have found. I want to know what a normal recovery period is for healthy adults. I remember getting very sore about a year ago doing far less that what I did for legs on Monday. I also remember my recovery sucking back when I was consistently training about 3-4 years ago. Like I would need 5 days to recover from normal training.

I guess I am getting older. *blah*
    I am chronically dehydrated. *wa wa*
    I dont do mobility work consistently. *durrrr*
    I dont sleep enough. *2 year old*
    And, I am clinically deficient in magnesium & was reluctant to take the nasty powder
    And, if you are still reading, the same blood work showed toxic levels of mercury, cadmium, and arsenic. SO I might have a few factors adding up against my recovery.

The good thing is I am changing the changeables. And I am no longer on well water, which I suspect had to do with the heavy metals.

Just basically rambling, and calling myself out on the not so obvious until its called out stuff.

This is my day OFF, and I aint doing diddly! Tomorrow is work and a FB day- that will be very interesting.
    "Choice is ours whether

I get the analysis (heck my journal is named analysis paralysis after all!) but most of the time DOMS comes from your muscles doing something they aren't used to. I usually increase my weight reps, and the only time I've legit had doms in months was when I worked out after 3 weeks of vacation time off. You'll be fine. Although the toxic levels in your bloodwork is concerning, what did you doc say?
    Team Ogre Mascot

I get the analysis (heck my journal is named analysis paralysis after all!) but most of the time DOMS comes from your muscles doing something they aren't used to. I usually increase my weight reps, and the only time I've legit had doms in months was when I worked out after 3 weeks of vacation time off. You'll be fine. Although the toxic levels in your bloodwork is concerning, what did you doc say?
    i havent been able type out loud for a while, so journaling again will help. When its all in your head, its hard to pin point issues.

The doc said to do a detox. Lots of vitamin C, and spirulina. Cilantro is supposed to help too. It was shocking and overwhelming. The only way to know if the detox worked was another blood test. Another theory is that it was in my blood and on its way out.
    "Choice is ours whether

AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good Morning!
    Yay for bringing the BB journals back from hibernation!
    I'm so excited to see your latest journey and transformation! Glad you are enjoying Coach M, looks like a solid plan
    Mobility is something I have to work hard to make myself do too. I definitely feel the difference when I do (and don't) stay consistent. Completely with the time (feeling guilty for not doing mobility work yet this week) lol

How you feeling with tracking food?

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine while I am sitting in the rain

Originally Posted by AbramsAM View Post
    Good Morning!
    Yay for bringing the BB journals back from hibernation!
    I'm so excited to see your latest journey and transformation! Glad you are enjoying Coach M, looks like a solid plan
    Mobility is something I have to work hard to make myself do too. I definitely feel the difference when I do (and don't) stay consistent. Completely with the time (feeling guilty for not doing mobility work yet this week) lol

How you feeling with tracking food?

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine while I am sitting in the rain
    Bringing back the old school!! haha! So good to see you here

Thank you for recommending him to me.

I am motivated to get better with mobility because my job will be super physical, and adding in lifting will push me beyond my comfort zone. I dont want to have this as an excuse anymore.

Tracking is going well. I am starting to eat the same foods more consistently, so its faster to track. I would benefit with a meal plan, so my last meal isnt a weird combo of food in attempts to hit all macros. Oddly, I wish I had more protein.

I am LOVING the sun! The winter here is like a nice summer day in wa!
    "Choice is ours whether

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good Morning..

Too bad Steve's mother doesn't still live in Florida or i could stop in and visit. The weather is so nice this time of year.

I eat about the same thing everyday. It's easier for me that way.

Give Z a big hug for me..she is such a cutie...
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    i havent been able type out loud for a while, so journaling again will help. When its all in your head, its hard to pin point issues.

The doc said to do a detox. Lots of vitamin C, and spirulina. Cilantro is supposed to help too. It was shocking and overwhelming. The only way to know if the detox worked was another blood test. Another theory is that it was in my blood and on its way out.
    I hate when doctors say this kind of crap - oh, try this and get more tests done. I have a high deductible plan so that crap is all out of pocket, so I try to minimize the random tests
    Team Ogre Mascot

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I hope work and full body day go well for you.

Getting enough sunlight is a definite perk to living way down south. The summers are tough, but it's only a few months and the rest of the year is lovely.

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    Good Morning..

Too bad Steve's mother doesn't still live in Florida or i could stop in and visit. The weather is so nice this time of year.

I eat about the same thing everyday. It's easier for me that way.

Give Z a big hug for me..she is such a cutie...
    I wish his mom was here too! Id love to show you some of the beaches and such. And having someone I know would be a treat...I am not really homesick, but I miss knowing people? If that makes sense? The introvert struggle is real lol!

Yes, I am falling back into food patterns, but its best for me.

Will do, she is currently washing the counter with a sponge <3 I will enjoy her help before she knows its work
    I hate when doctors say this kind of crap - oh, try this and get more tests done. I have a high deductible plan so that crap is all out of pocket, so I try to minimize the random tests (
    Yup! Exactly. Its hideous how much they charge! And primary care is a joke, its a referral to another place where you have to pay more just to get in... I mean no disrespect to hard working doctors, its the system I take issue with.

I went to a ND as a last resort. I got some answers at last, and am happy with that. Beats getting blown off...

I hope work and full body day go well for you.

Getting enough sunlight is a definite perk to living way down south. The summers are tough, but it's only a few months and the rest of the year is lovely.
    I am scared of the summer! My glasses fogged up getting out of the car because it was so humid! Like, I feel like I shouldnt be this content away from my roots, but the sun is really helping with my overall mood and energy.
    "Choice is ours whether

Full Body

10min wu on precor
    foam rolling
    pigeon stretch
    tactical frog

Leg Press (subbed in for squats due to doms) 4x5reps @ sled + 90#
    AMRAP 11
    Deadlifts 4x5 reps @bar +20#
    AMRAP 12
    Bench Press 4x5 @bar +30#
    AMPAP 5 lol
    Military Press 4x5 w/ 45#BB
    AMRAP 4

Was supposed to use weights from earlier this week, oups. I kind of fumbled on how to adhere to the plan while hitting my rep range.

Still suffering pretty intense doms in the legs, so I am proud that I got in and worked through it.

Work was tough. Its not part time either. My first full week is 38 hours, and those are hard hours loading, unloading, pushing carts, and doing so on a concrete floor.
    Some shifts go until 10pm...so I am wondering how I will make this work.

I guess I do the best I can. May have to talk to coach and let him know this might be too much of a physical load. Dont know...

Macros are the same, kinda boring lol!
    "Choice is ours whether

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    I havent been in school for 2 years, so I had to do a brush up on DOMS: why it happens, time for recovery, and is it necessary for growth?

I still am not satisfied with what I have found. I want to know what a normal recovery period is for healthy adults. I remember getting very sore about a year ago doing far less that what I did for legs on Monday. I also remember my recovery sucking back when I was consistently training about 3-4 years ago. Like I would need 5 days to recover from normal training.

I guess I am getting older. *blah*
    I am chronically dehydrated. *wa wa*
    I dont do mobility work consistently. *durrrr*
    I dont sleep enough. *2 year old*
    And, I am clinically deficient in magnesium & was reluctant to take the nasty powder
    And, if you are still reading, the same blood work showed toxic levels of mercury, cadmium, and arsenic. SO I might have a few factors adding up against my recovery.

The good thing is I am changing the changeables. And I am no longer on well water, which I suspect had to do with the heavy metals.

Just basically rambling, and calling myself out on the not so obvious until its called out stuff.

This is my day OFF, and I aint doing diddly! Tomorrow is work and a FB day- that will be very interesting.
    I used to get DOMS from everything - squats especially, a little on DL, a lot from bp. I highly recommend foam rolling, not just a little here or there, like AGGRESSIVELY getting in there. It goes from pretty damn uncomfortable to feeling amazing srs, and I very rarely get DOMS of any kind, even if I took a deload and jump into some heavy ass squats after not doing them for two weeks. Stretching helps a lot too but I noticed the biggest improvement from rampaging it with that foam roller with the spikes on it.

If you slightly improve some of those changeables like water (dunno about sleep, honestly if I wanted to get 8hrs I'd have to go to bed at 8:30pm which I'm just not going to do) and add even 15min of mobility/preventative maintenance you should feel a lot better than you do after a month or two.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stretching and foam rolling...mobility stuff.......ain't nobody got time for dat.

I used to get DOMS from everything - squats especially, a little on DL, a lot from bp. I highly recommend foam rolling, not just a little here or there, like AGGRESSIVELY getting in there. It goes from pretty damn uncomfortable to feeling amazing srs, and I very rarely get DOMS of any kind, even if I took a deload and jump into some heavy ass squats after not doing them for two weeks. Stretching helps a lot too but I noticed the biggest improvement from rampaging it with that foam roller with the spikes on it.

If you slightly improve some of those changeables like water (dunno about sleep, honestly if I wanted to get 8hrs I'd have to go to bed at 8:30pm which I'm just not going to do) and add even 15min of mobility/preventative maintenance you should feel a lot better than you do after a month or two.
    Yeah I have seen increased recovery just with the basic work Ive been doing. Feels terrible, but must be done!
    Cant really do much about sleep, especially with my new work schedule- Ill be getting home at 1030pm...and 2 yearolds really dont care what time you got to bed haha!

Thanks again for your help/ encouragement.
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Stretching and foam rolling...mobility stuff.......ain't nobody got time for dat.
    hahaha! That has been my motto and it shows
    "Choice is ours whether

Thumbs up

Weight has only dropped .4 lbs this week.
    I do think I am legit puffy, and I know its only the start, but dang it!!!! This means he will take away my food *sobs*

Did a cardio sesh.

7 mins 7% incline at 3mph
    10 min stair climber at level 6
    10 mins on elliptical thing

Over and out!

Ps. Legs feel great! Life is beautiful once again!!!
    "Choice is ours whether

Nice cardio sesh of peace and prosperity!
    Current PRs:

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you recovered so quick! you're obviously doing something right.

i hope he doesn't take away your food. he should give you a few weeks to settle into the routine, yeah? maybe that;s wishful thinking on my part.

Nice cardio sesh of peace and prosperity!
    Ha! Indeed! Thanks, Hobbs!

you recovered so quick! you're obviously doing something right.

i hope he doesn't take away your food. he should give you a few weeks to settle into the routine, yeah? maybe that;s wishful thinking on my part.
    Its a conundrum. I want to lose fat, but I still want to eat hahahaha!
    "Choice is ours whether

Talking Mobity Maddness

Landmine squats
    Box jumps
    Ball slams
    DLs
    Renegade Rows
    Burpees
    Stability Ball Crunch
    A Frames
    Planks

Was supposed to do 2x45 secs for all exercises. This would have been okay if I could a) figure out how to time them and b) if I knew the movements lol!

Landmine squats were done with just the bar. Hip and knee were getting cranky, so I didnt push it. Cool movement.
    Box Jumps on a very low box, was funny to try to jump with fatigues legs.
    Ren Rows had to be modified. Did one arm at a time with the non working hand on the ground. Trying to keep body square.
    No idea which A Frames coach wanted...but I did the Ab one.
    Planks- irritated mom ab, but we got through it.

I really wish I had a training partner to do this with *sobs*

Coach is going to rework my training in order to fit it in with my work schedule.

My goal is to get meals that are practical to take to work. I am lazy. I foresee protein bars, apples, and protein with salads haha!

Happy Sat yalls!!
    Going trick or treating with friends tonight. Z needs to see kids!
    "Choice is ours whether

Yesterday was rest day.

AB and calf DOMS set in hard. Must have been from jumping and ball slams. Oi!
    Of course I had to sneeze a lot too, hahaha! Cruel fate!

Today will be LEG DAY II - good lord am I ready?

Tomorrow I have a dentist apt. Had all of my amalgam fillings removed back in WA, but have had the worst time with a few teeth. I hate the dentist, but this is becoming intolerable. Hot, cold, pressure = pain.

Grunt work: must divide and conquer my meals. I am thinking 4-6 meals, depending on day (lifting, cardio, work, off).

Numbers Given: 200g C 125g P 60 F

and my brain goes plllifffttthhhhhhubbbbtthhhh.

So on days where I lift before an 8 hr shift, get a shake in pre wo, eat a good meal pwo , eat a bar or something on 15 min break if hungry, real meal on 30min, and another meal snack on my last 15? Then dinner at 1030 pm?

Basically I can no longer wing it if I want to succeed. Havent made myself a meal plan in years!!!
    "Choice is ours whether